I will NEVER EVER live and work here

>I will NEVER EVER live and work here
>I will never work in finance in New York (and never in the 80s to 2007)
>I will never be a student here

Why even bother anymore?

Attached: new-york-1030x686.jpg (1030x686, 232K)

why the fuck would you ever willingly want to live in a big stinky jewish city?

>Believing the financial world is only run by actual humans in NY
Wew

I live on long island and worked in finance there right out of college (2013-2015). It was the most depressing period of my life. Spending 3 hours every day on the train + a 9.5 hour work day. I went weeks without seeing daylight. 630am train every morning and wouldnt get back home till 745pm or later. The city is also disgusting I honestly don't know why anyone would want to work there let alone live there

New York is the final level in living in Burgerland where people go to battle against the top jews. The cliche is true in that if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. Not for everyone but the rewards for doing well in this city are pretty nice: connections, opportunities, cool experiences you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else (and hot women if you have the time to spare). Most people are in OP's situation, there's little to no possibility to experience this unless you're a human that provides any real value to the world. The subway sucks though I'll admit that, the key is working from home or living close enough to your work to walk or bike
this is the cope of a loser who has never challenged himself
>accepting a retarded commute
>working in finance
this has nothing to do with the city, you just made poor decisions in other parts of your life

I live in London but it's just not the same

you can get all that stuff, including hot women, for cheaper elsewhere. there's a reason NYC real estate prices are starting to fall.

Have you ever lived, worked or even been there faggot?

working in finance isn't hard. Working as a trader or on a trading desk IS hard. But middle/back office isn't that hard to be honnest.

NYC born and raised here. I stay here because it's home and my family is here, but I rarely actually go into Manhattan for anything besides errands. Most transplants are faggots anyway so please do stay in whatever bumblefuck town you come from.

you miss New York? what's London like?
what cities do you have in mind?

No, I've never been to New York.

My sister lived there for a year. She said she was completely done with the place when she walked by a rat that was throwing up.

I've never been and never plan to go. All indications say it's a nasty place with mostly nasty people.

Go there. It is super loud and crowded. For a few day it can be interesting maybe. I had enough after one day. Too many people and too stinky.

>I will never work in finance in New York (and never in the 80s to 2007)
Ah yes, NY in the 80s was a veritable paradise.

Attached: nysubway.jpg (1200x705, 176K)

yeah, I prefer to live here

Attached: 3434141.jpg (1458x927, 464K)

this. I used to live 2.5 hours from here and everyone in said rich CT town was so unironically obsessed with this place. I dont get it. Its just a bunch of crackheads, unwanted smells, thousands of people wherever you go and overpriced shit. Sent my autism into overdrive whenever my family would drag me there.

Also NYC students are a bunch of marxist hipster lefty feminazis so why you would want to spend your college days with them is beyond me.

Can't say I would want to live there. It's funny how many people compete in places where they just pay more for the same social rank. They don't realize they aren't getting ahead and their 2M piece of shit house would be 250k in a smaller city. The American economy is designed to make people think they are getting ahead when they aren't.

Attached: york.jpg (768x431, 68K)

You guys are putting your imagination to work way too hard here. I am an artist living in chinatown nyc. Life is a bit more stressful and expensive here, but opportunities for anything are everywhere here and I can (and do) get laid by the most attractive people in the world very easily here. My apartment is fucking tiny but its rent stabilized and my corner of chinatown is by the park and river--- really quiet and peaceful. It has the feeling of a neighborhood or college campus in the best sense--- I go outside to stroll around or sit and am guaranteed to run into friends, all of whom live around me. That also means going out is really convenient, as i dont have to drive, can walk around the corner to a popular bar, and if i have to travel any distant the subway runs 24/7 and covers just about everywhere I would ever want to go. The grittiness of the place has its charm but definitely not for people who are used to the sterility of the suburbs. I work freelance which is kind of feast or famine but I am on vacation anytime I want and can ask for an outrageous rate. Also I love art and can see it the endless number of galleries in my area even though a lot of it is bad. Not everyone here works in finance but by all accounts it sounds miserable and everyone Ive met who works in it seems desperate to find something to enrich their person and soul so they can feel like theyre living a life thats truly in touch with themselves and others. You guys are watching too many movies in vein of Wall Street.

Ok kyc then

Jewtropolis is hell on earth

How much is your rent?

Its $1950 for a two bedroom. My room is really small though so I only pay 650. Expenses are pretty low... we are also a major node in the NYCmesh internet network so we have very high speed internet for free.

Depends mostly on your social class. If you have to take public transit regularly, you run into all sort of nasty/crazy people. Traffic is gonna be shit during prime time. But for the most part, you won't need to travel all that far for all your needs. Unless you live in the outer boroughs but work in Manhattan.

That's a sweet deal, honestly. I'd love to find a deal like that, small or not. 2 bedroom for under 2k is becoming hard to come across even in Staten Island.

I would live there for a little bit if I had genuine fuck you money. Philly is better if you're anywhere from broke to upper-middle class. You have all the amenities of a big city and you can actually buy a house.

NY is unbeatable if you're in the upper upper echelons of society. On the street level - endless noise, crowds, pushy slaves, 2-bit con artists, and cops everywhere. Too strict unless you're part of the elite, in which case you can do whatever you want. I have some family in Brooklyn. It's always pretty fun to visit.

Are the trains still totally fucked

I live and work here. It's great but it's really expensive. This place is for the rich.

Fuck you the Chambers street station is maximum comfy

What would 200k a year get you in NYC? If it is anything less than a >1000 sq ft condo in a nice area, why live there?

Bait thread to trigger NYC residents.

Please Sage and move on.

You can expect to get 1 bedroom per million spent in Manhattan for a decent place. Price is falling slightly, to due the influx of new condos and co op being built.

Most in the upper middle class opt to live in Brooklyn or Queens instead. Where you can get a single family home for 800k~ for a 15-20mins commute. 45mins to 1hour during rush hour or if you take public transport.

strong reading skills

Are there still bad parts of Brooklyn, or is it all hipsters now?

Its mostly gentrified by the chinks, indians, and hispanics. There are still pockets of basketball american left, but they're slowly being choked out. Bronx is now in the beginning of this process too.

moreso to trigger internet virgins with lots of crypto to move to NYC after they make it to buy property bags of the rich leaving before it all goes to shit. every single post advocating will always talk about "getting laid by the most attractive people" which is the best way to trigger sex-deprived men, which most men trying to get rich are.

Any white parts of NYC where you can easily walk to everything in the 800-1m range for a family size home?

>wanting to live in a metropolis shitheap

yikes

>buying property in NYC
>voluntarily dealing with NYS in any way, shape, or form
maybe if the housing market collapsed and prices were like they were in 70s nyc. only maybe

Attached: 1456494351465.jpg (97x96, 3K)

Quite a lot of neighborhood in Queens/Brooklyn are White/Asian.

I don't think there are any purely white neighborhood left, as Asian tend to buy into white neighborhoods with good school.

Basically, if that neighborhood is in a good school district, the property price around that area will be expensive, and only rich white and Asian will be able to afford it.

>Artist living in a rent-controlled apartment
>"It's so cheap and easy bro"
Yeah, living in NYC is so great when you are an economic parasite benefiting from bad public policy voted into law by a bunch of women, niggers and other trash.
People like you are truly disgusting.

Attached: 1532526914332.jpg (960x622, 120K)

The only remotely interesting thing about NY is the energy the city has. You can feel it in the air.

Crazy niggers/cops on every corner for security/tiny living places/general misery - no thanks. You gotta be a top professional to actually enjoy it.

Thanks. You think there will be any significant drop in property prices in the future?

No. We're actually running into a problem that the place is running out of good houses to buy. Boomers aren't dying fast enough for the chink to snap up good properties. It is becoming increasingly harder to find multi family homes that isn't a complete shit heap each passing year. And anything thing remotely good that hit the market at a reasonable price get bid up 100k+ in a week after listing.

Because of how strict NYC zoning is, the supply of houses aren't getting any higher. And most don't want condos and paying condo fees.

Any houses that is sitting on the market for longer than 3 month have major problems, hidden or easily noticeable.

Overrated city. Move south. NYC is fun in your 20s, but is a pozzed out playground now.
Brooklyn 1999-2005 was incredible.
>t. NY born and raised.

thank god
can you imagine having a bunch of kikes and kike buildings that are centuries old?
I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that kikes have been poisoning the environment for over a hundred years

I visited a friend in NYC and got with a big booty asian girl from Staten Island. It was pretty based.

Don't think I'd want to live there though, big cities tend to suffocate me. I need open spaces, a dog, a truck, etc.

If you're going to let one eructing rat spoil it all for you then you should have just stayed in Iowa.

Me too and it's such a relief.

Hate to break it to you, but working your way up from the bottom in NYC is a meme nowadays. That hasn't been true for like 25 years. All the regular people have been forced out. It's all boring rich people and slaves. And if you want a job here that actually pays you enough to afford living there, good luck. Those jobs are kept locked up by the elites so they can give them to their friends. Take it from someone that applied to a couple thousand jobs there and couldn't get there foot in the door. Get ready to suck some Jew dick to go anyplace there.

Attached: 1ewdzs.jpg (399x385, 44K)

Bro no offense I'm sure your art is fine, but the art scene in New York is utter shit, way to many faggots gasing up their crappy art as abstract and minimalist to excuse their poor quality