My fiance is demanding that I buy her an engagement ring. Anyone know how much I should spend on one?

My fiance is demanding that I buy her an engagement ring. Anyone know how much I should spend on one?

Attached: xrd top 8.jpg (1072x1440, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwGJhrcLmbA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IF SHE'S SMART 1K IF SHES RETARDED 13K

must be nice to have friends

Ask Jamal

Cracker Jack box ring.

THIS. they all lookin good and smart

stop it :(

aaaa

fuck that stupid shit

Not marrying yet but I'm gonna get mine the shittiest wooden ring there is if I ever do

Turn this into a anti-consumerism game, explain her that jew-rocks are a meme and you better spend that money on vacay

If your fiance is already demanding that you buy her shit before you're even married then you might want to reconsider marrying her. That is a huge red flag for a high-maintenance, crazy bitch.

20% of annual income

20% of $0 is $0. Ha, take that bitch!

what's up with dudes leg in the center

>fiance
>her
Is it a man or a woman? You mean "fiancee"?

don't have kids? if so get out and tell her to fuck off.

They say 3 year's salary you know:
youtube.com/watch?v=uwGJhrcLmbA

But honestly, just find the nearest family owned Jewelry shop near you, NOTHING IN A MALL, NOTHING BIG AND CORPORATE, and look at the types of rings they have there. Then buy your diamond online and when you have the diamond ask the shop to put it in the ring. I spent about $3500 on mine for my wife and this was in 2015.

Everyone else is 6’8”

How's life, still having sex in 2019?

a dollar, dont let people demand things of you

Hey OP. its something you need to do. However, buy a use one. Its literally impossible to tell the difference, just don't tell her its used obviosuly because women are stupid and believe in karma and dumb shit

You can get nice used diamonds for CHEAP

There was a shitload of arguing in the past few years. We have sex if I want to have sex though. I'm just naturally very stubborn kind of. We're having our first kid, a son, in 2 months though. I wanted 1 kid and only 1. I'm only 24 though so I am worried but happy that I'll still be in my 40s when my son is a full grown adult. I got married really young.. I know.

--->

25¢
>your fiancee unironically deserves the shiniest plastic ring in the gumball machine
If she gets mad at you only spending a quarter of a dollar on a useless trinket, show her the receipt for the $1,999.75 you invested into something which will produce gains & returns before you get married in order to pay for a worthwhile wedding ring & ceremony.

Attached: 1555720597737.jpg (737x1280, 78K)

any good places to buy 2nd hand rings from?

seriously just go to any small, family owned shop and just talk to the owner there. they probably won't be a prick and you can get the diamond (the expensive part) elsewhere.

>buying a literal rock at several thousand percent markup (which, by the way, will somehow "magically" depreciate in value by anywhere from 50% to 80% the instant you try to sell it back to jeweler) from an actual monopoly run by Dutch Jews to impress your "modern" white woman fiance by demonstrating adherence to a nonsensical fad started in 1947

saved to a notepad

Bought a cheap one for my wife. She went and returned it and about one 10x more expensive.

Obviously I didnt do research. Engagement ring is EXTREMLY important to girls, because they will be showing it off to EVERYONE!!

ATLEAST 3 months worth of sallary. ATLEAST! Doesnt matter how much or little you make. She has to be abel to brag about that that shit is worth quarter of your yearly paycheck.

Trust me on this one mate. Get the best fucking one you can find.

(Just to make it clear, my wife isnt materialistic. She never wears jewlery, doesnt buy flashy things, doesnt brag about stuff she has. She is mature, responsible and alot better off them all og her friends. She is money smart and conservative about spendind. Reason I fucking thought she would appriciate a cheap ring. Figures out, ring is a store of value, and you are literally giveing her money in a box. No fucking wonder they want the most fucking expencive one. She wants to show to her friends and family and everybody that «this is how much my man loves me»)

Again, buy the most expencive fucking thing you can find ONLY!... and I mean fucking ONLY if she is pregnant with your kid.

There is literally no fucking other reason to put a ring on anybody unless she shows commitment first.

My wife was 5 months pregnant with our first when I gave her the ring and weve been togather for 8 years then. Now we are expecting nr, 12 years down the line.

Ao buy expencive one, but dont be an idiot and buy it for some thot you «love».

This has to be bait.

5'11"

lmao this is fake.

He's an Hobbit.

the patrician answer

6 ore

>not mining then cutting your own diamond
>not mastering jewelry making and casting your own setting

Never gonna make it

Attached: Screenshot_20190420-194423.jpg (1022x431, 246K)

i bought my fiancee a $150 ring...she was there to pick it out with me and she loves it and wears it everyday. too fucking bad the rest of you cucks are in relationships with vapid materalistic cuntbags. godspeed.

>Larping on Jow Forums

Attached: 1532912776461.png (2894x2300, 162K)

this is the $150 ring on her hand you mong. reverse image if you dont believe me

Attached: 54222356_2239196469678687_5953902288140500992_n.jpg (1536x2048, 279K)

The two biggest scams on this planet
>1. Tipping
>2. Engagement Rings

This user gets it.

You too can have friends. But it involves you getting out of your comfort zone and start having hobbies that are social.

Why is it the more normal ones don't have beards

In another universe where I get married, I want to give my wife an engagement ring where it starts off as bare and cheap, but I continually add value to it, adding gems and whatnot, over the course of our marriage. It'd be a neat way of making it more impactful and something to look forward to every couple of years.

just about every one of them looks like they are from german heritage

Attached: 14910383_1363605350340540_8474939394924057494_n.jpg (750x724, 40K)

cuck

I mean we agreed to be married before I got the ring and everything. It's just that I wanted to get her one. She wasn't expecting anything actually and the wedding date had already been set.

Forge or machine it yourself. It's super personal and awesome and only the most superficial gold-digging ultracunts would be angry that you didn't spend enough money on it.

I'm going to spend between 12k-18k on a tiffany ring. my annual income is 105k + bonus

>smoker
Yikes

That ring looks good user

Attached: f8w9qgprby321.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

>2019
>marrying
>buying expensive ring for dumb bitch
HARD PASS

If shes demanding you buy her one. Run.

3 to 4 months of your salary is standard

hard based

Attached: 1478731328030.jpg (800x600, 138K)

Dude, she's already nagging you when she has no power over you. How is this going to work with the full power of the government behind her?

No, you're doing it right. Have kids when you're young, make career when you're older. I would have more than 1 kid given the chance though.

Nice user I remeber you from the watch threads. That ring matches her watch Nicely

This, senpai

>fat
>smoker
>married her
Yeah, not going to make it

>allowing your significant other to make heavy financial demands of you
Don’t do it it’s a shit test user, if you fuck up now your life will be miserable once married

I think he's kneeling on his shoes to make his legs look tiny

why is everyone on this picture obese or overweight??? is this normal in america these days or what the fuck is going on. i can't fathom how fat some of these people are holy crap. when will they start dieting their diet must be garbage, utter garbage. also where are the girls are the girls also this obese? how can you find a wife in america if all girls are obese? aren't you guys scared that there will only be overweight and obese people one day in america??? isn't it terrifying you??

A month's salary... Like before you pay rent or buy anymore florescent wigs/horse dildos

This

Put that in ETH you fool, ditch her

My annual income is 88k and you're retarded. Cap it at 5k and even that's to much

Only somewhat relevant advice

Has anyone here actually married a 10/10 who comes from old money though? We don't need middle class incel advice itt.

Attached: 1533067601577.jpg (1024x727, 124K)

/thread

Is this bait? It's literally the same guy.

>who comes from old money
you're supposed to have the money in the first place after a decade of bitcoin. if you're poor today you'll be poor forever.

>fiance
never gonna make it

Time to repopulate the west! Better make more kids so at least 1 turns out good and you have a worthy heir to your mental and financial legacy.

Attached: 1544566736881.jpg (782x577, 155K)

If she's expecting you to buy one for her when she's not going to buy you one then tell her to fuck off.
She'll only ever be after money and free shit from you for the entirety of your marriage if you actually go through with it.

If your partner isn't willing to take on equal financial responsibility then they never will and will always expect you to cough up the cash.

Insecure men try to emphasize their masculinity and boost their confidence with a beard. They might also be hiding their fat rolls under their chin.

>demanding
>pink ID
In all seriousness, don't get a (((diamond))). There's plenty of better looking minerals desu. You could also ask her boyfriend to chip in.

Lazy people also don't shave as often.

It is indeed usually to hide their second chin/neck fat.

Is THIS bait?

$200 tell her you're saving for the wedding.

This but unironically.

I bought a diamond from wholesalers and took it to a jeweller. Dont buy it at a mall

THIS

>my fiance is demanding that i buy her a ring
>demanding
run, fren. RUN!

Based

3 months gross salary. so for me that would be a $30k ring and she'd be the classiest girl in my flyover city.

This, expect to lose 60-90% market value when you have to sell it in 10 or 20 years when you divorce.

Women are superficial as fuck. Everything is about reinforcing she is special and showing it off to other women.

You can use this to your advantage.

Attached: 20190421_120909.jpg (1421x1268, 610K)

I make 60k yearly and I think I'd do like 1k max. I would prefer sub 500. If you are marrying a girl that would rather have some 10k piece of metal on her finger, rather than multiple a+ vacations, a new car, etc. shes a dumbass.

they're genetically predispositioned to climb the social ladder. men hunted and gathered and women used their cunning. the only women who still cling that shit like a 10k ring being a deal breaker are the dumb ones evolution is leaving behind. sure you can use it to your advantage, but she's eventually going to burn you.

Anyone else here into rockhounding? I had a pretty good idea the other day that basically everyone I've told about likes and almost wishes they did.

Do some research into what types of minerals are specific to the region that you live in and actually go out youself and find the shit yourself. Why would you pay jews thousands of dollars to do what you yourself could do in a couple of weekends? Not only this but many precious gemstones that aren't in the mainstream spotlight are actually pretty rare and not manipulated by the markets. Also, your woman would have more to brag about because she can say:
>yea but my man traveled to ___ and found this himself in the deserts of wherever

Personally, I am going to be doing this just for shits and giggles to create a family heirloom. Might not even give it to some woman, but I want to make a ring using precious gems I found myself in various areas around the world, I already have a couple uncut stones in preparation.

sounds cool
what kind of stones you got

pics?

Uhmm what if I do have kids with her senpai?

Those aren't even the same people.

Moissanite bro

Wyoming
t.inthebusiness

sorry bromium I'm too lazy for pics, right now I have a flawless garnet at about 3CT, a sunstone native to the Oregon badlands with pink schiller effect, unfortunately it isn't flawless and I can only use about 50/200 carats. At some point there's a special area in Montana known for it's sapphire deposits, it's a specific river and it's where some of the most valuable colors of sapphires in the world come from, but there are also off color sapphires there. I would like to make a trip there sometime.

I have a lot of rocks and minerals, but not many of them would make good jewlery. One thing I did this weekend is I went to a beach near where I live and collected a fuckton of magnetite. If you see areas on a beach where the sand is blackened that's magnetite deposits, look for beaches where the water looks brown or "dirty" I believe that's due to the iron content in the sea water. I got about 50lbs of the shit and it looks really cool. I don't think it oxidizes so I was thinking it would make a cool ring for myself instead of the standard gold ring

>mfw cucks actually spend money to buy a fucking object representative of your love instead of showing it every day.

Fucking kek

Tried taking a pic with my phone just now but it looks like shit with the reflections from the stone, you can't really see the effect with images.

This is a good representation of what raw sunstones look like, I'm going to be going back to the desert at some point in the near future in search of more of these. The real reason I'm interested in them is because there is only one place in the world you can find this variant of sunstone.

Attached: sunstone300.jpg (386x300, 24K)