At what age do you think renting becomes degrading/humiliating?

I'm 21 and already starting to feel like shit about it essentially bring someone's bitch.

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

Depending on the state you live, if you can afford rent you can afford a mortgage. Apply to lenders and see what you might qualify for. FHA loans are pretty much 0 down

You should only rent if it's significantly cheaper than buying. Otherwise it's better to buy

renting spikes at the 20-30 age range. you may be someones bitch but you can pack up and move for better opportunities/jobs. theres a low chance you already settled on a perfect career for that age.

>he fell for the boomer investment
AHAHAH not gonna make it

What if I pay 500 a month for rent? I have no car either and I make 2300 a month after tax. My credit score is 708 on TransUnion and 701 on Experian. Should I just get a home? Los Angeles btw

Many. Millionaires rent

then buy a home at the top of the housing bubble you cuck.

>then buy a home at the top of the housing bubble you cuck.
there is no housing bubble in europe

>then buy a home at the top of the housing bubble you cuck.
there is no housing bubble in europe

im 28 and still renting. only started working full time like 18 months ago. managed to save a decent amount, then spent a bit and now im struggling to keep saving. i was renting with my close friends before this, which was great, and now im renting with a bunch of randoms which is heaps shit

This is really only burgers problem
Why do you feel the absolute need to OWN a house? Already in your twenties?
In Europe people don't are like that. Living on rent is nothing near a problem

Cause paying 380000 eurobucks for a 2 bedroom 1 bath row house is perfectly normal.

>Cause paying 380000 eurobucks for a 2 bedroom 1 bath row house is perfectly normal.
Where? In Italy there are nto those kind of prices

Netherlands

How the fuck can you make a statement like "there is no housing bubble in Europe" while living in buttfucking Italy. When people talk about Europe they are obviously not talking about 2nd world countries like Italy, Greece or Spain

Absolutely this. Italy and those are the european Africa

Not second world, we are in debt, but the living cost and the houses price they are like the first world
Let's say that with 380k you can get a nice appartament (big appartament) in the ROME downtown

Here in Switzerland there sure fucking is.

>Here in Switzerland there sure fucking is.
but you have one of the highest cost of living of the entire world
But you have a good mortage sistem, in which you can buy an house and then rent it and live somewhere else letting the renter paying your loan while you profit from the difference (they pay you --> you pay the loan for the house)

why pay rent when you can live for free with your parents?
also this keeps women away, and as we all know women are the number one waste of financial resources.
not living with your parents and getting free everything is literally the same as hating money.

KEK

lmao are you for real? Also dutchfag here. The housing market is beyond retarded over here. Even in the middle of fucking nowhere you will pay 250k voor 70m2. If you are a single starter, you're pretty much fucked.

Attached: 13912_533055266737301_1377829937_n.jpg (246x205, 8K)

you can pretty much only afford LA because you have an abnormally cheap place to live. if you lose that place you're gonna be fucked mate, and unless you get your income up significantly you're going to be renting til you die no matter what.

i paid 300k for 2 apartements in the centre of Zagreb, tore the floor down and made space for 3 extra apartments. i own 9 apartments that i rent out to tourists for 6-8k euro per month. why waste that sum just on a place that gives you 0 income?

So what is the annual total income of these apartments and how much did you pay for them all total? Are you managing them yourself? Are you from Zagreb?

not from zagreb, but am of croatian descent. i bought 1 apartement, 100 square meters with high ceiling (austro-hungarian building) for 110k. turned it into 3 apartements that i started renting out. after 3 years i decided to buy the apartment below it for 130, tore the ceiling and created an internal staircase. i spent arond 60k on construction and equipment. annually i earn around 80k (after paying for everything). i manage it myself

renting can be smart. it's smart if you're busy, and you have ambition. if you think you'll be decently wealthy in the future because of what you're doing right now, then the rent will be a low % of your total net worth, and the benefits would outweight the drawbacks.

No matter what you will always be renting from the government...your entire existence is taxed and your neighbour makes sure you are a good goy slave and report you if you arent

leaving this decaying society behind is the most advantageous choice in the long run

Right now I am paying $500 in Chicago city and that includes everything- electricity, internet, water, heat. Any point in buying? I Rather invest in BTC and ETH?

Honestly if I had to attach a number to it I would say that 40 is the age where other people will really start giving you shit for still renting/not being able to afford to buy.

In your 20s people almost expect you to be renting while saving for a deposit (depending on what class you were born as/ how rich your family is of course). 30s people might think it's a bit weird that you haven't gotten shit together but are mostly still okay with it as long as you have a steady career and are actively saving for that house. 40s is where people basically start going "this guy's a fucking loser".

Would you prefer being the bank's bitch though?