Should I put my money in index funds?

I have like 30k saved up. i live very frugally and dont really touch that 30k and its just sitting in a checkings account. i have like 1k invested in monero and thats not doing much. i keep looking at vanguard index funds and it looks like it will keep going up. should i drop 10k in them?

Attached: 1560078911656.jpg (804x899, 74K)

wait for the gold dip, then buy

The market is primed for a recession. Good things come to those who wait.

This is a great source of anxiety for me because the future is so godamn unpredictable.

Climate change + water wars + oil wars + USA turning more fragile due to numerous factors + the global 60+ fucking TRILLION dollar pension deficit + externalities on health via the mass exposure to novel chemicals + societal upheaval as sex dolls will probably pacify the spirit of men...

I don't know. If I could, I'd invest in the Amish lol.

Well fuck me

wait and buy bitcoin. hodl a year sell then buy back at 22k to ride the wave to 200k eoy 2021.

yes. You should DCA/month into a mutual fund, then once a year, buy more Vanguard. Remember it all has to be LOW COST
Take 1-2% and put it in BTC,ETH, MONERO.
It's not about timing the market. its TIME IN THE MARKET

but dont index funds always win in long term?
im skeptical because i noticed of all the engineers that graduated in my class like like 10 got jobs, and 4-5 were in their field. it seems like the unemployment rate we have isnt accurate because its including a lot of McD wage slavers.

Attached: 1560300797878.jpg (653x490, 32K)

>TIME IN THE MARKET
thats what im thinking too. but how much should i put? 10k? i feel like 20k is still a good cushion but i dont have a job yet so im hesitant. idk if im gonna get one soon and every second im waiting i feel like im losing money leaving it in the bank

Up your 401(k) contributions.

Yes also another 10k on chainlink

Attached: 25F592F2-45B0-4777-947F-B75E7F9998D9.jpg (682x1024, 128K)

$20k into bitcoin, $10k into index funds. I personally think that the market might crash soon but time in the market beats timing the market.

>I personally think that the market might crash soon
same, we might be hitting another depression soon. i feel after trump leaves office bubble pops

Yes. Global diversification and dollar cost averaging. Do it. Don't be impatient. With reward comes risk, learn to tolerate volatility.

Attached: 1546215797709.jpg (512x512, 37K)

Open a Roth IRA and put your money in vanguards target date fund. Anything else mentioned here is high schoolers and NEETs wanting you to gamble and speculate on chink coins.

Attached: 1560395266984.webm (1280x720, 2.72M)

The unemployment figure is a political show and nothing more. The fastest growing markets for jobs are "wagie wagie get in your cagie" tier.

But to address your point, the US stock market (as we know it) has been the beneficiary of the USA's geopolitical position post WWII (the only undamaged 1st world economy left standing) and massive military spending that funded bold experiments out west. And a relatively healthy population.

To compound our current situation, most 1st worlders are more poor than they were 10 years ago. We're not necessarily facing peak oil but we are spending nore energy to get energy. Fiat spending can't paper over the fact that we are an energy based economy, as small as it may seem in comparison to the rest of the economy. There is no economy without energy. But inflationary printing means this increasing cost has been obscured to the detriment of the buying power of the average citizen. We 30 year old boomers are a generation that got butt fucked by baby boomers.

But hopefully Crypto will be an asset with ridiculous returns in the future and I can rest easier in 20 years or so. If I were am evil villain, I'd get vengeance by distributing cognitive resources amongst all other forms of life. A man can be smarter than a bee but a bee will never be as fucking retarded as a cucked man. We have glories but way too much fucking ape retardation.

It's nice to have some liquidity. Having to wait until 59.5 isn't always ideal.

join the dean graziosi hype train and make your milly flipping houses. just fucking toss em and get paid.

What if the fed uses QE again?

It's better to lump sum buy. If you are that worried about a crash you can buy dividend producing safe sectors, so you won't dip much and will have the dividend to buy some at the bottom

Protip:When you invest money in anything consider it gone.

honestly thinking of getting a real estate license and try selling homes until i get an engineering job. even if i dont sell something at least ill be going outside and building my "people skills".

will food market ever crash? i feel like so companies like nestle, jnj, unilever are always going to go up

Index funds are only a good investment if you can hold them for many, many years.

After a recession, it can take 5-10 years for the stock market to return to its prior high.

But, if you can hold long enough, historically it has always returned and then continued rising.

So basically:

1. Invest in index funds today and withdraw in 2-3 years to buy a car/house/whatever = bad idea.

2. Invest in index funds today and withdraw in 10-15 years = okay if you don't invest literally right before a recession.

3. Invest in index funds today and don't withdraw until retirement in 30+ years: perfect.

You're supposed to dca into index funds for like 15-30 years to really get good roi. Compounding interest etc the buffet investing.

You should start a business with your 30k. Become cash flow positive you will enjoy better returns than equities in upcoming couple years.

Attached: 6DD6C4FF-DDFE-415C-BC21-4EA90300677E.png (767x961, 353K)

Only when the majority shrugs off the nutritional fud of 70 years lol

Obesity + low salt diets + outsized Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio + seed oils (technically a large source of the problems with that ratio) + excessive iron is not good for your health. Try eating more salt if you want an easy way to increase sex drive and test.*

* - salt will make you hungrier. Mammals use salt to break down fat to make water in times of drought and fasting.

I read somewhere that investing all at once produces higher returns than dollar cost average, because investing all at once increases time in the market.

To make that not true, you'd have to be able to predict the market to some degree, only buying after a recession. But if you're going to predict the market, then why are you investing in index funds to begin with?

If u can time the market then its better to invest in one go. Yeah your last sentence really sum it up. Index funds are for dcaing and timing the market is for straight up stocks or futures with leverage.