"Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with 130 IQ"

>"Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with 130 IQ"
>has an IQ of 155 and is the most successful investor of all time
what did this fat old fuck mean by this?

Attached: rtr2dc9i.jpg (1024x773, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=NYSEARCA:VTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

means anyone with a sub-130 IQ is fugged

Hes saying smart people are too calculated so depending on their IQ they either become rich due to innovation but become an outcast or you're too scared to invest knowing the risks. You need some stupidity when you make investments

Why are normies so obsessed with buffet? He had 120k handed to him (in todays money) back when he was 25 and made it to a million in five years of a massive bullrun. Just because you drive a shitty car and chug coke doesn't mean you're anywhere close to what the old fart started with or the abilities he had.

All you needed to know is how all this of Warren's peer performed during that same period to understand why he is worshipped as a god. Everything look so simple in hindsight

You have to be skilled to ride a wave of luck.

There is a thing called overthinking and it can have very real consequences on your life.

This, plus this dude is just larping as some humble down to Earth boomer for appearances, he's another rich cunt like the rest.

>In 1961, Buffett revealed that 35% of the partnership's assets were invested in the Sanborn Map Company. He explained that Sanborn stock sold for only $45 per share in 1958, but the company's investment portfolio was worth $65 per share. This meant that Sanborn's map business was being valued at "minus $20."
this senile cunt made a name for himself in a time where anyone could read a 10-K and make free money and hes been riding the wave ever since. make him start again from zero today and hed be a nobody

I wonder if those cans are filled with water or does he really drink 5 cans of coke a day. Either way I respect his shill game.

>See this rich man
>If you took all his money away, he wouldn't be rich anymore

Woah

120k isn't a lot of money-that's around two years worth of income for an average American. Professional athletes and celebrities quickly go broke starting with far more. You couldn't turn 120k into 130k with boomer stocks, let alone 80 billion, fuck off lmoa

Attached: 7FE8DFAA-AF35-4F67-8247-F6BAF674C0EA.jpg (639x640, 42K)

shit loads of cope and seething itt

Buffet is literally one of the best investors of all time, fucking retards

>attaching yourself to gov money printing spigot
>requires great business acumen

This guy is the epitome of the DIVIDENS ARE YER FREND guy, he might actually be that guy.

He might do well in todays market if he went for growth dividend, say picked up I think it was Seagate at 48 and then got its divi + 13 dollar profit early this year. Lets say his dad gives him 120K to fool with, he is 18 again and going to college for business administration + finance.

So far he made 15K, his next play goes off for 8% and he now has 10 more. So his first year in college in made enough to pay for 2 years of college. If he does that again he has finance degree for free.

Now gets a job doing TA for some hedge fund, got him making 70K starting with commissions.

Puts 30 of it into his stock fund. He already brought his dividend growth strategy to 8% average per year. Now he's got people interested in giving him money, gets 10 million by age 25 and gets about 1 million, distributes 900K to friends and 100K for himself.

Now he has 100 million by age 30. 10 million profit. Now has 1B hedge fund by 35. Gets massive bonuses, age 40 he has 40B hedge fund gets on Forbes Greatest Leaders of 2050 list.

Now gets 1T hedge fund, 80B net worth.

Sorry not sure why I typed all this but my point is he could do it still with the current market conditions.

What he means by this is the markets are driven by emotion, and since the majority of investors are probably in the 100-130 IQ range you need to be able to think like the majority, not like an autist who’s 5 years ahead of everyone else, this will just bite you in the ass.

Unless it’s chainlink.

He means that investing is not so much about smarts as about temperament (patience + strong hands).

Dividends is a meme. Dividend is actually inefficient and bad behavior for companies to engage in. Notice how the new tech companies have basically zero dividends? They actually can invest everything they have into growth. This is a sign of efficient and growing company that you want.

in 15 years people will be saying the same thing today. Why didn't you start a youtube/instagram/facebook trend shilling some shitty product and making easy money? Why didn't you program and make your own cypto shitcoin in 2016 and sell it for free money in the 2017 bullrun?

Depends, if you are in a low growth but highly profitable business it makes sense

It all falls down to risk management. Most doctors know jack shit about fucking investing but they don't have to know shit about investing because they have financial managers that do the work for them. And what do financial managers do? Manage risk. Everyone makes loses but it's about containing your losses so you can fight another day instead of being rekt after one loss.

So, you want to grow 1-2% a year rather than just profit from the growth?

Pic is Buffet's forward from a later edition of The Intelligent Investor, the book that initially got him into stock trading as a teenager. He makes a valid point.

Attached: 1560246541982.jpg (842x1266, 459K)

>it's another biz hates on a succesful businessman episode
These episodes are sad, imo

Daily reminder that Warren Buffet recommends index funds even to his heirs.
Wake up and smell the coffee, you retarded cryptoancaps.

>He had 120k handed to him
yeah, literally ANYONE could turn that into $80B+. This is why Jow Forums is full of modest Honda driving billionaires

Yes, good goy buy the index etfs at their ath!

They are at ATH most of the time, because that's how the ever growing market trend works, you numbskull.
Enjoy trading shitcoins until the next bubble comes up and you realise you missed out. It won't be crypto again, the same way it won't be tulips.
People as dumb as you deserve every loss they bring to themselves.

What does the 10% growth in 15 years feel like? Less and less people are buying into your ponzi bullshit. You literally had to have the government to print money to save your ass.

Lmaooo

Attached: 1559148807256.gif (400x225, 2.64M)

>cryptoancap
>calls buying the global stock market "ponzi"

>10% growth in 15 years feel like
I would call you dumb, but you're already stated that fact. 7% annualized, shit-for-brains.
google.com/search?q=NYSEARCA:VTI

In 15 years you won't even be alive. Natural selection still works for people so relentlessly dumb.

street smarts > book smarts

All markets are ponzi by its nature. Wake up retard.

>>"Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with 130 IQ"
Is Buffetsama a linkmarine?

Attached: chainlink iq.png (800x600, 90K)

What he means is all you 110-130 IQ losers who are underachievers can still make it in the investment game.

You have the IQ of a frogposter. There is the actual return and the especulation component. Since currencies, crypto or not, have no actual return (they generate nothing), all growth is based merely on speculation. And since normies got out with the last bubble burst, you are sitting on worthless digital tokens.
Read a book before talking, mouth-breather.

>he could still do it because I say so
nice argument

And the returns are guaranteed..? No. It's speculation through and through. Also, the empirical results have shown that the digital bits that you shittalk so much is performing much better than stocks. Deal with it.

This. There's probably more "easy" money to be made today than ever before if you take advantage of all the free information/tools.
Yes, by today's valuation standards, what Buffet did maybe all that impressive, but back the inofmration/theory about corporporate finance/valuation was VERY limited.

Saying that what Buffet did wasn't impressive is like saying what Bill Gates did back in the day wasn't impressive because tons of people could make a better OS than the original Windows today.

It either keeps growing or we fucking crash into a mad max dystopia.
>the empirical results have shown that the digital bits that you shittalk so much is performing much better than stocks
Yes. That's why both smart and dumb money are throwing big wads to crypto. Oh, wait... they aren't!
But why am I wasting my time with such a deluded tard? Enjoy your self-inflicted permanent poverty. You deserve every bit of it.

>self deluded tard
I've made 10000% returns with my crypto picks. Who's the deluded one shittalking something that has been consistently producing uncorrelated alpha returns for 10 years now?

Attached: 1553604244236.png (1422x673, 128K)

>10 years
Hahahahaha. You're dumber than your luck.

Bitcoin was created in 2009. Why are you so stupid and ignorant? Stay poor.

You literally rode a bubble and mistook luck for skill. I can't avoid enjoying the rude awakening of dumb and arrogant people like you. Enjoy the destiny you chose.

All markets are inherently a bubble. It's literally how a market works.

>Intelligence means being patient, disciplined and eager to learn; you must also be able to harness your emotion and think for yourself

Why even call it intelligence when you literally define it as something completely different?

if you were smart you'd never invest or trade again, you'll probably end up blowing up or giving 90% of it back

Also I highly doubt Buffett has a 155IQ or is a genius in any way. He's literally too dumb to understand tech enough to have invest in companies that would've made him billions if he invested in them early enough.

invested in tech companies*

I had a more intelligent animal for lunch today. Just die.

Not wrong, and trading is the best game out there. I still wanna play.
I don't care what you think. The numbers literally say that you're wrong. Deal with it.

>10 years
>extrapolating because it fits your childhish wishes
Hahahahahaha

>This guy is the epitome of the DIVIDENS ARE YER FREND guy, he might actually be that guy.
>He might do well in todays market if he went for growth dividend, say picked up I think it was Seagate at 48 and then got its divi + 13 dollar profit early this year. Lets say his dad gives him 120K to fool with, he is 18 again and going to college for business administration + finance.
>So far he made 15K, his next play goes off for 8% and he now has 10 more. So his first year in college in made enough to pay for 2 years of college. If he does that again he has finance degree for free.
>Now gets a job doing TA for some hedge fund, got him making 70K starting with commissions.
>Puts 30 of it into his stock fund. He already brought his dividend growth strategy to 8% average per year. Now he's got people interested in giving him money, gets 10 million by age 25 and gets about 1 million, distributes 900K to friends and 100K for himself.
>Now he has 100 million by age 30. 10 million profit. Now has 1B hedge fund by 35. Gets massive bonuses, age 40 he has 40B hedge fund gets on Forbes Greatest Leaders of 2050 list.
>Now gets 1T hedge fund, 80B net worth.
>Sorry not sure why I typed all this but my point is he could do it still with the current market conditions.

This is what they meant by overthinking

What is the username that made this chart?

Not a fan of Buffet, but that's probably the truest quote I've ever heard from him; and it's the reason why so many hyper-logical autists and business students can still be shit at trading while @dickbutt1488 outperforms the S&P every year. It's an art, not a science

Also, him having a high IQ doesn't conflict with that statement at all

>dude just have your dad give you 120k at 18
I never, ever listen to advice from these people. They dont live in the same universe.

Have sex

Attached: warrenmonster.png (750x563, 495K)

You remind me of that guy who said he knew about bitcoin in 2014 and never bought because he knew it was a scam and a ponzi

Good job not buying any scams or ponzis, otherwise you might have been rich

he says it's all about patience

sure it does. there are 200 people with an IQ of 130 for every one with an IQ of 155. if IQ doesnt matter then why should the greatest trader of all time happen to be the one with the extremely rare high IQ?

Sounds like he’s right about the iq thing then

>stupidity
>intuition to see what math alone fails to quantize
Its all the same sausage ingredients, but call it "stupidity", if you must....fucking brainlet

Attached: 42943E31-9BAC-4988-B6E7-8DB237BDDD31.jpg (867x685, 121K)

ironically it does

COPE
At least cryptofags are aware of market being a ponzi
Company earnings are even bigger meme than shitcoin marketcaps
One cuckersperg senate hearing and your 5-years gains are gone.
What a cuck

Attached: 1472993917955.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

The guy is legitimately insane. Aside from the money I would never live like him.

He's saying that being a successful investor doesn't have much to do with how smart you are but rather how good your instincts are.

He means he just rode a bullrun from the depression, and wouldn't get rich if it were todays markets. You fucking so confidently retarded faux intellectual hipster. Go.

Attached: 91D68A7A-A26D-43B2-95CB-F445EFC19A45.jpg (246x246, 11K)

>155IQ

Has Buffett ever actually even taken an IQ test?

>He means he just rode a bullrun from the depression

This. You don't have to be a fucking supergenius to sit on mcdonald's and coca stocks for 50 years. It's mostly just patience, self control. When people talk about intelligence 90% they actually mean successful, why even use the word if you have no fucking clue what it means?

except he isnt the most successful investor of all time.
there are bitcoin billionaires worth more than Buffet.
and just a reminder, it took Buffet A LITERAL LIFETIME to become a billionaire.

and if u follow buffet closely, you know that hes missed out on a long list of Tech based investments to the point to where he is literally irrelevant, a dinosaur thats about to become extinct.

all three of the Buffett children did, he scored highest

>there are bitcoin billionaires worth more than Buffet.
who?