I bought ETH instead of BTC

>I bought ETH instead of BTC

Attached: 1536982926348.jpg (250x223, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/pulse/say-hello-nightfall-paul-brody-1f/
youtube.com/watch?v=QAmNjJRtLGo
coindesk.com/cftc-would-approve-ether-futures-if-asked-insider-says
coincenter.org/link/sec-chairman-clayton-just-confirmed-commission-staff-analysis-that-ethereum-and-cryptos-like-it-are-not-securities
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

are you fucking retardedZ?
i almost made 1 k with this today
to the moon!!!

In the short term bitcoin will continue to pump, but eventually that money will bleed out into the alts again and the relative pump to eth will be massive. Bitcoin is just under half of its ATH but eth is still down like 5x, much more room to grow. Eth isn't going anywhere

Sell your ETH low and buy BTC, user! It's the proven Jow Forums way of life.

Picked up another 100 just now

Literally and unironically stealing at these prices

Icos held eth up last time, eth is going to bleed satoshis until it actually proves itself...go all in BTC or get your wojacks ready.

eth is pegged to btc
wtf are you on about

That might be true but it also has infinite Inflation

Agreed

Overpriced at 50.

>mETH inflates by 18,000,000 mETH rocks annually with no end cap
>Bitcoin currently inflates at 657,000 per year but it will soon halve with an end cap of 21,000,00 Bitcoin supply
In a little over a year mETH creates more rocks than the total supply of Bitcoin. Why would you ever "invest" in an inflationary shitcoin?

ETH ATH was because of ICO bubble. There will be no ICO bubble no more.

With ETH 2.0 inflation rate will be lower than BTC's currently is

fucking idiot it was normies that pumped the price up

> inflation will be lower than BTC soon
> inflation is compensated for by staking rewards

>>mETH inflates by 18,000,000 mETH rocks annually with no end cap
what? It's about 5M
>Why would you ever "invest" in an inflationary shitcoin?
Because it's an actual investment. Bitcoin is never going to generate profits, it's a hype machine that redistributes money from late buyers to currently selling earlier buyers and miners.

>Because it's an actual investment. Bitcoin is never going to generate profits, it's a hype machine that redistributes money from late buyers to currently selling earlier buyers and miners.
we are sorry you are late newfren

Isn't the halvening guaranteed to increase BTC price?

9 in crypto actually. It lost all value when core refused to increase the block size.
Last bitcoin bagholders are going to lose literally everything, you can't argue with math.

That's what he said faggot.

>you can't argue with math
What fucked up math are you doing? 1+1=flippining?
So you hold a project that has every intention of being a unregistered security again, what retard would buy that RN?
Sorry newfag, you can larp as an oldfag all you like, ETH is doing exactly what it was designed to do, kill the 'crypto' market!
The oldfags were right all along

I always knew ETH was a scam
I decided to try it once when the DAO was a big deal and of course it gets hacked and vitamin forks the chain to salvage his money
It's straight amateur hour at ETH
It's beyond me why anyone would buy this shit
I've seen so many altcoins promise stuff and never deliver while my bags lost value
I'm done with it I only hold bitcoin now

Over long term, money in = money out, a tautology.
you can break it into main parts, which for bitcoin are
speculative demand + utility demand = past speculative buyers selling + miners

If bitcoin was bought mainly for people that actually need it, buyers would actually lose nominally, but they would gain indirectly, via gained utility. This means a stable market cap with decreasing prices if miners are funded via inflation, or stable prices (and market cap) with miners funded via fees.
The difference between speculative demand and utility demand is that utility demand is sustainable. Net speculative demand oscillates with 0 as the average. When it's positive the asset is priced above its fundamental value, when it's negative its priced below it.

Utility demand for bitcoin is currently ~zero, everyone buys planning to sell higher. Because of miners directly consuming resources, money eventually taken out by speculative buyers mathematically must be smaller than the sum of all speculative buys. Ie. average bitcoin buyer is certain to lose money. You can only hope to not lose money if you're early enough to be far from the average buyer.
The difference between actually cashing out and paper wealth (numbers in blockfolio) is enormous. The billions required to cash out the current market cap doesn't exist, not even close. If bitcoin has yet another, larger bubble, millions will feel "rich" looking at the numbers while actually losing in the end.
In January 2018 every second thread on Jow Forums had screenshots of portfolios worth millions.

What makes ether fundamentally different is utility and the fact that in PoS stakers become miners.

>utility
ETH can't be a utility if it can't be utilised! Its not going to get adoption IF it goes down the PoS path! Business wont use it, the US ones at least. Even the foreign places to trade won't let US (((PERSONS))) use the platform. The worlds largest economy wont be able to use it!
>and the fact that in PoS stakers become miners
I have this feeling that you think you are smarter than you really are...

>Business wont use it, the US ones at least.
Wrong, read this article by a Ernst&Young's executive
linkedin.com/pulse/say-hello-nightfall-paul-brody-1f/
or watch this video in which he says roughly the same points
youtube.com/watch?v=QAmNjJRtLGo

It's not going to be classified as a security:
coindesk.com/cftc-would-approve-ether-futures-if-asked-insider-says
coincenter.org/link/sec-chairman-clayton-just-confirmed-commission-staff-analysis-that-ethereum-and-cryptos-like-it-are-not-securities
the simple fact is that ether has too many rich and powerful people invested in it and that's the principal reason why it's not going to be ruled a security
>and the fact that in PoS stakers become miners
in the equation

The inflation may not be infinite. There has been talk about Vitalik capping the amount of eth eventually.

>Wrong,
Not even going to waste my time with you, sorry brainlet, you truly don't understand. PoS is a security!

Listen I am not going to come back & waste my time on you. I don't even need to read those articles, cause I already have read them!
the Clayton article, he says (correctly) that 'ETH & crypto like it are not securities', he is right, while ETH is PoW!!!!!
PoW was ruled in '15 to be a commodity. Do some fucking research newfag FFS!

POS IS A SECURITY

fuck off with your arrogance!

it's not a security because to get income you have to run a node.

Oh well if vitalik decides to change it one day that makes it better lol

Dunning Kruger proven!

Yes, but because a lot of people are anticipating this, it might already be priced in before it happened. Maybe the value will even be inflated by then.
The same happened with the LTC halvening last time. LTC had a big rally up til the halvening date. Afterwards, it crashed. Check the charts on LTC to see.
Its the same as always, buy the rumors, sell the news.

Defi is the next ico.

Check out the amount of ETH locked in defi projects.

Attached: 0_gCqy4D6sGVSMyoMJ.png (1000x462, 47K)

OH WOW SO DECENTRALIZED !
I regret buying this shitcoin so damn much

On each halving, BTC has crashed 83% from it's ATH.

On the first halving, it multiplied something like 300-odd times, then crashed 83%.

On the second halving, it went 500-odd times, then crashed 83%.

The third: multiplied 115 times to the famous $19K and then crashed 83% to the low of $3k.

>you are here.

It is beyond me why people hold ETH, except a small amount to pay for gas.
ETH is not a store of value, it works just as well at $50 as it would at $300. It doesn't need or deserve a high USD valuation. See pic related.
Bitcoin on the other hand is the best digital store of value in the world and will inevitably reach a high USD price.

Attached: Vitalik.png (793x727, 102K)