Imagine holding a proven scam token kek

imagine holding a proven scam token kek

Attached: chainlink is a scam.png (1200x3199, 1019K)

How long did it take you to screenshot all of your weak FUD attempts? Did it take long to crop out the responses that exposed your weak understanding of chainlink?
The tutorial shows you how to collect data from a single node, and whitelist your oracle so only your node will process it. Obviously these restrictions are removed when you are building something for real.
> haha programming is useless. why would anyone want an app that prints hello world?

Two years, 32 million dollars and no decentralized oracles.
Where are they?

Simply reposting, not my write up. This should help you nulinkers a bit.

A while back there was a clip that cirulated where a bitcoin maximalist said something to the effect of "if someone were to solve the oracle problem, it would be worth more than all of crypto"

He then went on to give the standard counterargument that sybill attacks fundamentally prevent resolution of the oracle problem.

He was almost right

Here's the reality: in isolation without external factors this is correct. Put differently: if all of crypto was created de-novo and no data/api providers existed before the advent of chainlink, there would exist an equilibrium at which sybill attacks would be more profitable than delivering quality data or outputs. If this was the case, there are ways of breaking this state, but they involve exchange of value first in a non-deterministic manner and then using the experience from that to bootstrap an oracle network.

Fortunately, before crypto the world did exist. This led to trust systems being developed to reign in this situation (lawsuits, word-of-mouth reputation, the value of name recognition) in a world of non-deterministic interactions. For chainlink this is an absolute blessing.

The entwork will launch with actors providing APIs and data that are linked to their real-world names and practices. This means that even outside of the sybill equilibrium, there will be significant pressure to have high quality inputs and outputs. A bank can't expect to keep its good name if it makes a habit of screwing its smart contract customers while keeping good practices with its standard customers.

Attached: 1535359342491.png (1082x695, 503K)

So what follows logically from this? The initial network has to tap into this entropy of trust left over from the non-deterministic world. In other words, it can't be decentralized initially unless the network wants to go through a growth period where bad behavior is actually game-theory optimal (with asymptotic approach to trustworthy behavior).

Human beings being what they are, such a period would sour people against the use of smart contracts if they could be scammed early on, even if they were safer than conventional alternatives.

For an example of this look at common perception of bitcoin. It has provided 24/7 value transfer at discount rates since its launch 10 years ago. During that time billions have been transferred without loss. On top of that it has increased in value from less than a dollar to over a thousand dollars. Any stock, bond or precious metal that did that would be hailed as the greatest investment in the history of the world.

But human perception matters.

For that reason the chainlink network cannot launch decentralized and must launch with as much provider/node transparency as possible. This sets the floor for node behavior when the network does decentralize. Only though doing it this way will people, with all their flaws, see the value.

Put another way: the only way to successfully launch any oracle network is from the top down with respect to real-world trust. If you could launch a perfectly coded, perfectly transparent, perfectly decentralized oracle network right now you would still lose to chainlink. An oracle network must first have the buy in (and implicit pledge to perform) of those agencies with the most real world trust. The network which harvests these residual trust sources from the real world is the one that wins, and the one that wins is the de facto monopoly because those that can't harvest this resource must traverse the sybill period to launch.

Attached: 1518818358668.png (634x517, 574K)

dilate

Attached: gaslight.jpg (430x510, 65K)

You are about to see an entire industry (the trust assurances industry) be swallowed whole by a decentralized network. The marginal value of all trust assurances services in the world (contracts lawyers, non-criminal courts, administrative workers etc.) will become the chainlink network. Those groups which don't make this transition will cease to exist. In 20 years it will be hard to imagine how the world functioned without such a network, just as it's hard to imagine a world without the internet now.

You're about to watch the whole world realize, slowly, this new reality. Remember that it takes hours and hours of dedication to get what I'm saying right now. Next year you'll just have to be a CEO/CTO level person to understand. The year after that, someone who is considered smart and cutting edge. You're about to witness all of this happen.

At this point, there is nothing that can be done to stop it. Even if the whole chainlink team died, the cat is out of the bag. Once traditional trust assurers understand this, such a network can't not exist.

Be good and enjoy the ride frens

Attached: 1561828239175.jpg (638x676, 91K)

>Did it take long to crop out the responses that exposed your weak understanding of chainlink?
actually that entire thread was this user BTFO every single linky with technical explanations of why they are wrong.

>So what follows logically from this? The initial network has to tap into this entropy of trust left over from the non-deterministic world. In other words, it can't be decentralized initially unless the network wants to go through a growth period where bad behavior is actually game-theory optimal (with asymptotic approach to trustworthy behavior).
Nope, it actually has been debunked by this user countless times. IT IS NOT SYBIL RESISTANT. It could have 1 million nodes, it would still not be decentralized or usable.

Yikes. If you had been there you would’ve experienced second hand cringe by that user’s responses.

Now I know why LINK is dumping. Retarded nu-linkers that fomo’d in fell for this fud.

Attached: AA7615BD-E275-4C57-8068-1D03FFBD49EF.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Not sure if you're a tard or what but numerous CS majors have said this shit numerous times. It isn't sybil resistant.

You guys are acting like this team of a philosophy major fatfuck, a LITERAL KEKOLD and a small team of coders managed on a budget of 32 million and just TWO YEARS was able to successfully fix one of the biggest problems in Computer Science. You're so fucking delusional it's unbelievable. Go kill yourself.

>it isn’t Sybil resistant
It is though. And each time an user refuted OP he just spergs out.

> He do not know

cs undergrads are the dumbest people on the face of the planet.

I'm not an undergrad, nice cope. You're just fucking retarded.
>HE DUN KNOE LOL HE LACK INFO
>ME SMART LOL ME IN KOOL KLUB FOR LE MARINEZ LOL MUDKIPZ LUL :P
No. You're out of your fucking element and are investing in something that blatantly lies about having fixed one of, again, the most PREVALENT ISSUES currently in computer sciences. And when you look at what their solution is, with half a fucking days research on what it means, it just means its a fucking CENTRALIZED ORACLE. EVEN 10,000,000 PLUS NODES WOULDN'T CHANGE THAT. ITS EVEN A CENTRALIZED REP SYSTEM. HOLY FUCK

If they're being swindled, what's it to you? Clearly you don't care about their well-being.

Because I want to help them, despite them not deserving it. I even made a lot of money on link. You dont need to believe in somethings actual quality to make bank.

But the delusion, misinfo and uneducated masses can only get so far. The $5 peak was, in my opinion, the limit. Now I just try to help those on Jow Forums still hodling to cash out their profits before it collapses.

As for the faggots that bought post $1, fuck them I hope they go bankrupt. They're both FOMOtards and delusional at the same time.

give proof that you made money

>I want to help them by calling them retards and yelling what will sound like empty buzzwords to them

Your strategy could use some refurbishment.

> he thinks he's smarter than Google drones
Not gonna make it

If they haven't done enough research to understand what terms im using mean then they're too far gone. I'm not gonna go that deep, people should just learn their lesson at that point desu. Even if yoh make money thats just silly.
I was a poor student when link went live and bought in at roughly .60. Only had 2k worth but cashed out at around $4.1, figured it wouldnt go as far as it did. Still regret not holding out a bit longer, ironically.

> I have anons best interests at heart honest
> i-it isn't sybil resistant despite the absolutely absurd amount of capital which would be required to fuck with a network like this, because I'm too stupid why a million 0 link nodes won't be used
> hurrrr what do you mean that a gradual rollout is needed?
You should probably email ari juels, oh and also make sure google and oracle know what a gigantic brain you have.
Post the responses here so that we can laugh at you.

Oh and isn't this just a bonus? Not only are you retarded, you're a braindead poorfag begging for cheap bags so that he can try to make some more bank to finish his dragon dildo collection.
0/10 content but 4/10 for your fudding efforts. Maybe take this to plebbit where they're actually dumb enough to believe you.

so you have to wait 100 years for decentralized anonymous data memes
nice, just bought 100k cyro chambers

Cope.

email me, the linkie zombies are out of control. you bring up good points

>I want to help them
>DYOR about this thing that apparently only CS grads can understand
>No I'm not going to spoonfeed you
>But I want to help

Yeah, this strategy could definitely be improved upon.

For any nulinkers wondering whether to take this user seriously: He read the tutorial which shows you how to set up a node and an oracle. In the tutorial the oracle is hard-coded to your node address, so only your node can supply data to the oracle.
He didn't understand that when people use it in production they will be requesting data from multiple nodes.
> ITS EVEN A CENTRALIZED REP SYSTEM.
It hasn't been released and you are complaining it is centralized.

> c-cope
Ah, so now the chihuahua goes from aggressively barking and pissing itself to whimpering?
Better luck next thread I guess, kek. Maybe try combing through some 2017 / early 2018 threads for some inspiration since you seem to be a bit challenged. Even stale 2 man dev team philosophy major pasta is more likely to get newfags to sell than the utter shite you're spewing in here.

Attached: brainletcube.png (581x525, 55K)

yes linkies keep holding

Attached: b95s-_Ty6_MUeV-3dPv_ZfWga5JFG8YrFJRHOlD5yiQ.png (597x768, 399K)

It's just another sign of nulinker / biz tourist activity I guess.
This shit reeks of babby's first link fud attempt.

Apparently, since that user stopped posting.

Attached: SH101.jpg (901x507, 468K)

kek a lot of salty linkers in this thread. Just read the screenshots, it proves beyond a doubt that the tech is vaporware/scam. None of it was ever refuted, only BTFO

>None of it was ever refuted
sure bud

Have sex

bump, this thread makes linkers extremely SALTY. let's keep it going

>It is though. And each time an user refuted OP he just spergs out.
kek no, it has never been refuted. The devs themselves admit it's not sybil resistant.
imagine being this dumb

NULINKERS SELL SELL SELL

Attached: JSON parser 2.jpg (367x549, 61K)

didnt read never selling