Redpill me on REN

Why has it gained so much traction lately? Any new announcements or something? What about its competitors? Whats the target price?

Attached: ren.png (200x200, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_pool
twitter.com/renprotocol/status/1143901166318891008
medium.com/blocktown/https-medium-com-blocktown-updated-analysis-and-valuation-of-republic-protocol-e2b813277b5d
investopedia.com/terms/p/permissioned-blockchains.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably a P&D. Interoperability isn't worth shit when only 1 coin matter. See 0x

Attached: btc.png (200x200, 11K)

fuck off

go ahead and buy then

This is all you need to know
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_pool

I like the idea, I just want to know what the catalyst was for the current pump lol

twitter.com/renprotocol/status/1143901166318891008
It was already slowly gaining before this, but after this tweet it really started going.

Penises

We are out of the bear market and the strongest alts start moving again. Lots of people have one to a couple nodes worth of REN and won't be selling, so the supply is constricted.

Yesterday an analyst wrote that it's worth $2.47 per token.

Wait what? Where, do you have a link?

REN & XSN are undervalued as absolute heck. DYOR.

I like that analyst.

medium.com/blocktown/https-medium-com-blocktown-updated-analysis-and-valuation-of-republic-protocol-e2b813277b5d

My REN stays super stimpy

Attached: REN&Stimpy.jpg (320x320, 77K)

Reporting in

Attached: ren.jpg (662x914, 271K)

Oh wow, $80k/y income per node? I own enough for 3 nodes, I would have made it [TM]

kek this has got to be bait

Last chance saloon below 1000

kek

just bought 100k unironically off binance

where can i store this shit being a burger

based

it's an ERC token retard

Buy a Trezor/Ledger nano? It's an ERC20 token

you can only store it in binance as of now. So just leave it there until September 2nd then there will be a wallet specifically for it.

Good job, you secured a suicide stack

and what does that mean, come on i bought into the Pump so support the cause

tell me wheree you store yours so i can copy you

just bought 7k more

>drops 11k on random shitcoin
>Uhh how do I store this guys!

Attached: 1466500948343.png (292x271, 52K)

Erc20 = It’s an ethereum token.
You can store it on your ethereum address using myEtherWallet

If you don’t already have a ledger nano or trezor then kys

Myetherwallet or any erc 20 wallet user. A ledger or trezor will work too, just google how to store erc20 tokens on a hardware wallet.

team Renbro here for over a year. ive posted many threads but as usual they fell on deaf ears. what do you want to know about republic protocol frenz?

Attached: 190705_172450.png (810x1321, 461K)

what partnerships do you think they have secured?

what makes you believe itll keep pumping? it seemed pretty stagnant for awhile before this

Ren chads will make it

Attached: dark pool.gif (480x202, 1.22M)

Oh sweet summer child. You’ll never know any of the users and that is the value herein

Oh really? Bullish, tell me more...

my thought is some institutional defi desk via Wyre , or Huobi new otc setup.

i dont think it will keep pumping per se.. if/when BTC does this 9kish dip, it will surely fall as well.
it has been stagnant because few have traded it. most of us bought a ton sub .019 and already had a ton from last year. we believed in the use case after they evolved project path.

I SHOULDN'T HAVE LISTENED FUCK YOU REN SHILLS

It's BTC that drags everything down, but sure, blame REN. Absolute retard.

why would people use this vs. an exchange? is it literally just trustless otc? rich people like having someone to sue if a deal goes wrong, why would they use this, especially when they can't negotiate price lmao

This is well beyond otc now. DYOR

It's recently been shilled pretty hard on twitter, Satoshi flipper called it the first 10x when alts kick off.
Im guessing lots of hopium off that as well as it being a legit project with wide use potential, reddit hasnt noticed it yet, neither has the chan really but its showed the most potential while BTC has been fucking all the other ALTs, this coin shows to be the least tied to BTC price action, why? I do not know, probly twitter shills....im a dummy tho, just guesses.

trustless/private otc, crosschain smart contracts, and defi... at best, some niche crypto companies will try it, but average users don't need this. IF an exchange (dex or centralized) considers using renvm, then MAYBE there's a chance of it being successful

High net worth individuals don't want you to see their trades.

They can do that with any otc desk though

btfo
"muh trustless otc/crosschain smart contract/defi" network is worthless if nobody uses it, and rich people want to negotiate terms/price AND have somebody to sue if a deal goes wrong. the only people who MIGHT care about this are exchanges/dexes, but then they wouldn't collect as many fees. maybe some small-mid size crypto funds, but they probably want more flexibility on price/terms too

I'm following this project closely don't get me wrong their aztec and kyber partnership is worth something but the adoption is yet to be seen

ouch, you know so little

>"muh trustless otc/crosschain smart contract/defi" network is worthless if nobody uses it
Well damn user, what an insight. ETH was also "worthless" at some point because nobody had built on it yet, but it had potential to grow because it was a missing piece of software that enabled new applications. That's why it grew, and that's precisely why REN has the potential to grow. Because it enables new types of applications. That's why you invest now rather than when it's already a big player.

>and rich people want to negotiate terms/price AND have somebody to sue if a deal goes wrong
You don't have to sue, because the deal will never go wrong. Thats the fucking point, it is automatically settled in a trustless and secure way.

>the only people who MIGHT care about this are exchanges/dexes, but then they wouldn't collect as many fees. maybe some small-mid size crypto funds, but they probably want more flexibility on price/terms too
They can setup their own darkpools with their own kyc rules and afaik also their own fee structure. They also benefit from the extended liquidity of the network of darkpools. So yes, even for established OTC desks, it makes sense to use it. And for new applications that leverage otc trades, crosschain trades or any privacy preserving computations it makes even more sense to use it, because they save a ton of development time and are faster to market.

No OTC broker clients.

No one uses their darkpool exchange

NEET nodes are not profitable

Basically, a shitcoin.

congrats CIA-poster user, you're so original

Don't forget that Renvm can bring any major blockchain (btc, zec, etc) to makerdao without needing a trusted custodian like wbtc does

>privacy preserving computations

What is with the whole 'doing computations in private' thing?

You see how facebook and other major sites get their centralized servers hacked and information gets leaked? What if that information was instead transacted using a decentralized network of computers that keeps that information private to even the nodes in the network? You can see how such a use case could be highly desirable to institutions handling sensitive information.

There is no purpose for this tokene
WHales they can buy OTC without letting the market know they are buying

yeah, at what commission? and the otc company knows the whale is buying even if its 'secret'

Let's say you have two parties A and B.
A and B want to automatically execute some contract.
That contract depends on inputs from both A and B.
The inputs however are company critical data and cannot be revealed to any outside party.
With RenVM it's possible to build an application that takes the inputs from A and B, executing the contract without revealing the inputs to the other party.

could this bring monero-like usability to btc? aka private transactions that could not be backtraced? I can imagine this alone would be useful as fuck for whales

I didn't really think about that, but I suppose you could swap BTC(old address) -> XMR -> BTC(new address). The transactions would still be visible, but I don't think it would be tracable to your old address.

>You don't have to sue, because the deal will never go wrong.
you don't understand rich people lmao - you don't need a good reason to sue, and even if everything goes RIGHT, you want to have grounds/basis for legal action. rich people call it "covering their bases"

>So yes, even for established OTC desks, it makes sense to use it. And for new applications that leverage otc trades, crosschain trades or any privacy preserving computations it makes even more sense to use it, because they save a ton of development time and are faster to market.
WHY would an otc desk forfeit fees to use renvm? their function is to match parties and assess risk, and IF renvm were to take off, it would render them obsolete. otc desks ARE the darkpools you fucking mong. they accept crypto/cash from both parties, skim their fees, then settle the trade - this would make that process faster, but give them less room to operate

the biggest draw of renvm is trustless "super quick atomic swaps" which renders otc desks obsolete. ironically, the only clients that would give a shit about this tech ARE otc desks, who probably aren't going to sign their own death warrant

>what is a private/permissioned blockchain

Private blockchain spanning multiple parties?
Yeah right.

>privacy preserving computations

Escuse me but this can also be done with ENG (ENIGMA) or RLC or any SGX+blockchain meme project
Not shitting on your shitcone (REN) , I am only saying that it seems to me a gamble like bancor or that sort of shitcone that they are now abandoned
It's sad to lose money because on paper this and Stakenet they are cool at all... but how many projects they were cool on paper and now they are 2017 shitcoins?

That's why these are shitcoins to put 0,90% of your networth on them.
If they'd x100 (unlikley) you'll eat your dick... but come on see them as they are: failed nerds team trying to ride the blockchain hype, projects that will be polly forgotten when a new shitcoin like REN will hit the market

>the biggest draw of renvm is trustless "super quick atomic swaps" which renders otc desks obsolete. ironically, the only clients that would give a shit about this tech ARE otc desks
People literally developed the WBTC bandaid for dexes to also be able to trade BTC. With REN that's possible in a truly trustless way.

*projects that will be prolly forgotten when a new shitcoin that makes all the things REN makes will hit the market

L M A O
M
A
O

here's the retard-o-pedia for you mungus: investopedia.com/terms/p/permissioned-blockchains.asp

do you mean the dexes with no liquidity and are technically centralized? does REN settle BTC transactions faster than the BTC blockchain?

BIG OOF

>technically centralized
Criptobridge is not centralized
IDEX is not

>failed nerds team trying to ride the blockchain hype
You have the wrong impression. They don't hype, they ran their Ico at the start of the bear market and continued to naturally evolve their protocol and build. Of course it's risky, everything in blockchain is.

Alright, now you have a contract that handles A and B, they use the same permissioned blockchain. Now comes C, they use ETH mainnet. And also D is here and they only use EOS. What do? They both don't trust you and your blockchain, they want a trustless solution without a middleman.

use an interoperability chain in the top 20 like cosmos???

Cosmos and Ren will be partners, I guarantee it.

>You have the wrong impression. They don't hype
this is not always a good thing, look at RLC
COINZ can be forgotten in this way

How was their tech tho?

>How was their tech tho?
RLC tech is good
Cripto bridge is a pretty good dex, smooth... but guess what there is no liquidity, because normies don't go there
Why do they don't go there?
Because no one markets it

Yeah I worry about this happening. the good thing is that Renvm will be a layer 2 protocol

>Yeah I worry about this happening. the good thing is that Renvm will be a layer 2 protocol
what does it mean (layer 2 protocol) ?

>what does it mean (layer 2 protocol) ?
any answer?