Hey guys. Separated vet here and I figure I can take advantage of my situation...

Hey guys. Separated vet here and I figure I can take advantage of my situation. I'm getting offers for decent jobs but I am going back to school for Finance for the time being. I don't have any degree passions really so I figured I should at least learn about money while I get paid. Can any Finance majors tell me what to expect/recommended reading?

My situation is that I'll be staying with my Sis for like 600/m while I get paid 2700+ whatever part time I pick up. How would any of you take advantage of the situation? I'm 10 credits short of an associate and plan to dedicate at least a year to school. Ty guys.

Attached: ba0a6d92-6f39-468e-ac38-66df94cca53a_PMAS.jpg (800x600, 62K)

Also I should note that I'm one of those people who say they've always sucked at math. I've used basic math for my job but it looks like I'm going right into STAT not having taken anything since AP trig in hs. Am I retard for that?

Are you all-in on Chainlink?

Attached: galuzzi_link_01.jpg (800x900, 572K)

Bumparoo, this is code talk for crypto so please respond

LINK and ONE yes.

Halp

Excuse me retard, why the fuck aren't you using the GI bill to go to college and get paid living expenses, if you are a vet?

Also why the fuck are you fucking around with a degree instead of doing overseas contracting as a civilian and making six figures with zero cost of living?

The fuck are you thinking man? Leverage your ACTUAL experience, don't get meme'd into some dumb shit you don't care about.

Listen idiot, you could OWN your own condo or apartment by this time NEXT YEAR if you go become a contractor. If you are a vet with anything resembling relevant certifications for contractor positions, you are in.

Jesus christ how do you kids not know about this shit?

Oh if you are non american you can disregard everything I just said and then kys.

t. not a vet.

>4sOoxxuV
The golden years of contracting are over, you cant go over to Iraq for six figures anymore. That market has been saturated by vets with only one combat deployment demanding they get paid six figures. Unless OP was SF with 10 years of combat experience he’s not getting paid six figures lmao

I thought it was clear that I was using Post 9/11...I'm zoned for 2400/month here in the dc area. Also I've considered some of the overseas intel (my job) contracts but I keep getting mixed signals about how much they jew you on taxes if you don't do a full year. One of the rates I got was 12kish/mo in Afgh but taxes under A certain amount I'm pretty sure. Another was 10k/mo in Jordan which would be much better quality of life wise. Also from what I've seen contract money is drying up.

I maybe want to become an 1811 and commission later on which requires a college degree so getting paid GI Bill plus reserve pay might not be so bad. My living expenses total would be 1000 since I have car insurance and pets but I could still save 2200ish a month without really having to work at all for at least a year.

Yeah...I've seen some of my SEAL friends come back with stacks getting paid over 200k/yr. Mine is closer to 135k for intel rn, and although I've had SF support xp it doesn't really bump me up OCONUS it seems. I just dont know if it's worth it to sit in a CHU for 12mo as opposed to being comfy with relatively low COL, getting a degree for free and running some other side business with my free time desu.

Also I do care about Finances, at least more than any other subject it's just not a passion, which seems overrated. I see it as a chance to get some real financial literacy for pay. I also have later career intentions that might require a degree.

I do appreciate the suggestion with contracting but I've been running that option down and just weighing opportunity cost at this point.

Most of what you'd be learning is corporate finance i.e. present value, share price valuation and financial mathematics i.e. (and this is hardly mathematics) interest rate calculations, annuity formulas, etc. Maybe some stats and basic economics, too.
The only higher math you'd need is for behavioral finance and that's not too hard to learn

What you probably want is to learn about the actual cool stuff that you can apply to daily life, so for that reason I'll recommend you the following books:
The Money Machine
Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds and/or Devil Take the Hindmost
Against All Odds: The Remarkable Story of Risk
Common Sense on Mutual Funds
I'd also recommend NNT's books but they might be a bit too math-y for you right now, but do look into them if you want more

Thank you, truth be told the agency that I work with in the reserves deals with Corporate Crime and Finance Intel as welm so it could be useful in that respect. In your opinion is it worth an extra push to go for CFP/A?

My logic is that doing school right now: Gets me 2400/mo while in live in my sisters basement and get a degree for free, degree for possible career opportunities, better literacy for when I start bidding on defense contracts for my own future Org.

And appreciate the input for the higher math part.

This might sound crazy, but have you tried installing Gentoo?

Attached: 1560454415750.jpg (480x451, 35K)

This isn't Jow Forums, is that a crypto?

I don't know if I'm following... a CFA requires 48 months of professional experience, so you'd have to finish your degree then progress to a career in finance for at least 4 years to get your CFA.
Is it worth it? I believe it is for someone as 'international' as yourself, but planning that far ahead isn't a viable strategy for everyone.

Technically this is a bastard child of Jow Forums

Using crypto is faggit shit

Why do veterans have to mention they are a veteran in literally everything...

Ok gotcha. In my ignorance I thought that it was like 24 months and that doing work with DOT might be a qualifier. I'll likely just focus on the degree and using the extra money to my advantage.

In this context it appraises any would-be helpers of my situation. I'm not one of those dudes with stickers, license plates, and Grunt Style shirts. But there are very likely successful vets here that have made situations similar to mine work very well. At least that's the logic here.

>LINK and ONE
Then you're not all-in on LINK

Attached: SERGEY.777.png (3074x2918, 3.73M)