/smg/ stinky music general

(Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.) edition
(aka took me over a dozen tries to make this fucking thread edition)
(aka aka (embed) edition)

people who bought AMD today: suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg (embed)

Some basic stock market terminology:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ (embed)

Free advanced charting tools:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/
finscreener.com/

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php
ThinkorSwim

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Stock screener
finviz.com/
tradingview.com/screener/

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC (embed)

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

Previously on /SMG/

Attached: people who boast of their ancestry.jpg (960x701, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s2gcABqG_VE
investopedia.com/terms/a/afterhourstrading.asp
investopedia.com/ask/answers/after-hours-trading-am-i-able-to-trade-at-this-time/
youtube.com/watch?v=U5kIdtMJGc8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FIRST FOR AMDCHADS

Attached: 1557777817243.jpg (892x910, 64K)

First for all mentally retarded traders, we deserve respect and love.

Attached: Capture.png (855x598, 696K)

>PETS

Attached: 1525847618353.jpg (358x358, 14K)

REITs at this stage of the game assuming a cut is coming?
Aye or No

Attached: assburgers.jpg (445x336, 114K)

My SNSS calls sold and I rolled all the capital over into SPY puts. See you in the morning lads. Tomorrow is going to be a bloody thursday.

Ding ding ding! How did everyone do today? I'm down .18%, disappointing nothing day. I'm waiting to clear 15k into my robinhood and bought a new handgun though, so I'm feelin pretty good. Gonna take a snug nap then go on an evening hike when it cools off

Attached: smgafterhours.jpg (530x298, 29K)

Attached: salute.jpg (704x396, 26K)

SNSS is a meme fml

Im glad i got out of that on top

>Every Ad I get now is for eToro
Is eToro any good and will these Jews ever leave me alone?

Up 0.67% ($157). Red on everything except that piece of shit PHUN. I guess it finally hit support.

Attached: 1452116760567.jpg (637x638, 108K)

No, it isn't. One crab day is insignificant when you consider how quickly it recovered from that public offering, and then went up from that.
Down 0.5% for the day, just a crab day.

Congrats man. People were even buying up January $3 calls today.

Pretty good day for me. My small vix long dipped a smidge intraday but recovered on the sell in to close. It didn't quite drop far enough for me to pull trigger on adding a little to the position. S&P shorts did dandy.

Attached: JwKFEF.jpg (2560x1440, 571K)

had a green day even though my Jaaaaaaaaaaack is craaaaaashing

Attached: x800 (2).jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Up 0.005%. Amazing...

Screwed up my strangle play, sold the put when I should have sold the call, and sold the call when I should hav the put, so only $1 gain from it

But overall not a bad day considering that Robinhood portfolio is currently 10% crypto shit

And off topic, any of you fuckers going to be in Las Vegas late August?

Attached: Screenshot_20190716-160429.png (1440x2960, 183K)

> Spaceship Awesome, this is Moon control
> SNSS and SPY both cleared for landing
> Enjoy your stay

when SPY drops 6 bucks tomorrow don't say I didn't warning you.

Trump is gearing up for more China tariffs. The Chinks aren't buying what he said they'd buy in Japan.

When the SPY remains flat tomorrow you can crash on my couch, I'd hate to think of you sleeping on the streets.

We're not going to be flat. We're going strait back to december lows.

I do have to say, that would be exciting.

for me it's index funds

I'm down 5% since I longed the top of SPY at 20x, ask me anything.

FOR ME

VTSAX

IM RUINED!

>We're going strait back to december lows.

That would be fun but I doubt it. My profit targets on short position are the 50 day and 200 day SMAs. If it gets all the way down to the 200 day I'm going to cover the whole lot and reassess from there.

Attached: bubbles.jpg (1600x1000, 246K)

for me its a portfolio that is at least 50% LMT, BA, WM, DIA

dont dwell on the past, it'll eat you alive
focus on your future

t. someone who shorted BTC back when it was $200 a coin (and then payed $990 for one share of AMZN instead of $1000 for one BTC)

Attached: 1481385850143.png (1652x3056, 1.76M)

Ill get right on that

Attached: bxs.webm (864x540, 2.94M)

>$990 for one share of AMZN
At least you still doubled your moneys.

>SPY at 20x

yikes :O

i hope smg has already booked annual tokyo trips! median population 10iq above median westerner and all world's best traders live there!

youtube.com/watch?v=s2gcABqG_VE

Attached: 1555762388887.jpg (1200x675, 117K)

Warning for optimistic bulls. The Salmon & Piranha violated short term lower trend line and remained a hair below it in to close. Still below it in after hours trading.

Attached: SP500_190716.jpg (1822x943, 384K)

Its almost like you get high iq from picking the best out of billions.
If you picked the best westerners and made a city it would be ten points higher than this

What does this mean? I’m new to stocks.
Also, redpill me on making a million dollars in the stock market. Can it be done?

It's an early indication that there is more downside in the short term to come. Do keep in mind that trend lines change frequently. This is not a strong signal... yet.

>redpill me on making a million dollars in the stock market. Can it be done?

Oh it can certainly be done. There are many traders who became world famous for it. Very difficult though. A more realistic goal is to equal or beat the indexes consistently.

The best way to make a million dollars would be to get some SPY put options right before the crash which has just started. You just have to make sure you're getting the put options and not the call options. Oh man if you bought the calls instead of the puts here. What a disaster!

how does after hours trading work? i thought you couldn't put in orders after market close

>You just have to make sure you're getting the put options and not the call options. Oh man if you bought the calls instead of the puts here. What a disaster!
lmao. You're a funny guy Baggie, I'll kill you last.

Why are you so sure it’s crashing, and how far out should my puts be?

investopedia.com/terms/a/afterhourstrading.asp

I told you. This is the absolut meme stock

thanks

This article is a little more robust on the topic:

investopedia.com/ask/answers/after-hours-trading-am-i-able-to-trade-at-this-time/

What is your argument? Why do younthink that it will hit 1$ in the near future?

There is no way to know for certainty when or if a crash is occurring. But there are troubling signs and positive signs right now which makes the uncertainty palpable. Lots of risk and reward ahead be warned.

Oh hey bull, nice to see yah! Wait, what was that? The market is stalling? Don't worry, we'll be back up in no time :^)

Attached: 1546545789277.jpg (607x503, 120K)

>6 points
measured move from the rising wedge?

No kidding. I wouldn’t expect anybody to take that raw deal. Putting Huawei on the entities list costed trump nothing. Now he expects China to buy agriculture after withdrawing what he escalated? What is this amateur hour?

bulls be like pic related

Attached: bluetarp.jpg (250x139, 6K)

More like you tomorrow.

There is not evidence for a crash yet. Only a some short term downside possibility so far. The S&P will have support at both the 20 day and 50 day SMAs. Sustained break below the 50 day often means the 200 day will be prodded at before bullish reversal. As of close, the moving averages are:

>20 day: 2968
>50 day: 2895
>200 day: 2776

The last two times it encountered the 200 day moving average (March 8 and June 3), it briefly broke below but recovered for a short term bullish reversal.

I've already made my argument multiple times here, but it essentially comes down to every single investment indicator, from the success of their recent research in Vercrutinib, to that public offering when they didn't really need the money (something you would only do with a very secure research position), to massive buys by Wells Fargo and some other capital investment groups, to the fact that every single analysis I've read has the lowest end numbers way higher than that.

Tell me what books I should read to understand what you’re saying.

Did you know there is a trailer company called Wells Cargo?

Just go to investopedia and read up on moving averages. In my post I am referring to the simple moving average on the 1day candle scale chart.

>Bagholderextreme has sent 1 Yang to your crunchyroll account

Attached: yuxix.jpg (1322x1100, 117K)

Suicide prevention for 1.5% loss? What happens when you lose 2%, do you suicide bomb?

Since 1954

Attached: wellscargo.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

there are people in this thread that purposly bash your stock.. they don't have any position in it.. they will just simply bash your stock.. they haven't actually dont any bit of research at all.. like none.. zero.. but yet.. they will bash your stock no matter what?

Why?.. well.. well because you're on Jow Forums and there are a lot of faggots here.

Threadly reminder that the Holocost was a farce.

>Wells Cargo
This. Everyone is confused. It wasn't Wells Fargo that invested in SNSS, it was Wyatt LeMont, the cowboy hat wearing drunken CEO of Wells Cargo. He's quoted as saying
> "Some of the greatest minds of SMG are shilling this penny bioshit stock called Sunesis. You see, it's like the word Sun merged with Genesis. I fucking love the sun, but no more than I love the bible. Plus it's an American country. Sun, god and America. It's going to the moon."
This was after his fourth bourbon and coke of the day.

God willing, if not further. Let it all burn.

Quit buying shit stocks kiddo

I throughly enjoyed that

How much has Boeing’s fuck up hurt the US market?

...is this that guy who suicided his head off on r9k?

This, people like to hate.
At least you're not shilling LCI, fuck that stock. I heard that they're going to actually rewrite the Securities act of 1933 and shareholders are going to owe money by the time it's all said and done.

>How much has Boeing’s fuck up hurt the US market?

Surprisingly not that bad considering how fuck huge Boeing is.

Kek. Fuckin hell, my sides.

We're already in a recession after not pulling ourselves out of the last one.
All it's going to take is someone coming out and saying it, then it'll be a bloodbath. November was just a small juke.

Attached: image-22.png (872x796, 110K)

A couple days of cost-averaging down my QQQ puts paid off and I got out of that trade with nice gains off of based Trump's regularly scheduled Twitter funposting. Grabbed a few out of the money 7/19 SPY calls for fun. 8/10 pretty good day.

>deutsche bank collapsing
>recession coming very soon
fuck i want to have a normal life please i don't want to get killed in a war

Here user. I made a chart showing the moving averages for (you). Green line is the 20 day, red is 50 day, and yellow is the 200 day.

Attached: SP500_190716-2.jpg (1821x944, 438K)

also, what the fuck happened in the start of 2019? every fucking stock or index has this incredible fall

Sma's or EMA's?

Christmas Eve massacre

Attached: 66687603_2316677575053902_3824142561421819904_n.jpg (750x724, 44K)

it takes 1 minutes to backtest most oldest trend following strategy that is 50-200ma cross :) not a good strat market whipsaws kill all trend followers they worked in the 90's last time well
since then it's been losing to byy and hold badly. only 200 ma cross is even worse

youtube.com/watch?v=U5kIdtMJGc8

Attached: 1509021758250.png (640x615, 454K)

Powell happened. At least that's the official story.

Don’t worry little zoomer! Modern warfare is economic, technological, and possibly idealogical. If it comes to military, we may even skip the whole soldiers and guns, and go straight to nuclear.

Thanks user, that’s a surprise.

That’s around when Powell decided the yield curve could use a good flattening.

who's powell?

he is the markets (he is the head of the Fed)

Attached: Jerome Powell wakes up.png (1563x910, 2.23M)

and why did he decide to ultimately destroy the fucking economy?

Head of the Federal Reserve

>Sma's or EMA's?

SMA

Arch reptilian Illuminati head figure. He was given the go ahead to crash the system. They are waiting til closer to the election now. Epstein has naked gay pictures of him on the island in his temple. Won't be long.

Attached: 1562364798428.jpg (498x456, 32K)

He is the force holding the economy together
The 20 trillion dollar Atlas of this world, surrounded by childlike whining politicians and the treasury oaf
All the banks of Europe and Asia could not by force take a sip from the ice cold drinking fountains of the CBOE or make a track on the SPY. If recession be our lot, Jerome himself will be our author and finisher. We will live forever as a nation of rich men, or die by inflation

Attached: Kaiji_Hakairoku-hen_-_01_-_Large_16.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

Oh I know. I only use SMAs to identify possible supports or resistances not otherwise clear by the candles. I don't trade based on their patterns or crosses.

Attached: bellets.png (629x446, 14K)

he didnt, he decided to save it (when it becomes the time to do so)

but his wording was misinterpreted by the weak, and misleading for the millions of quint-bots that were scanning headlines

he is a master of mental fortitude, forever locked in a battle of wills vs 7 billion others who would happily doom the economy for their own selfish desires

no, he demonstrated his power to those who doubted him, proving that he can save the system when (((they))) decide to crash it

fullhouse!!

Attached: snibeti snab.jpg (771x681, 81K)

Is amd rekt or is it just temporary trump hysteria?

Oh god the new twitter layout looks like dog hell

post pic? I see the same as before I think

lmao

B A S E D

So accurate on some many levels

>j/k Baggie your Plunge Protection antics saved the market today

Attached: newtwiter.png (1417x855, 759K)

I dropped all of mine. I feel like i am just gonna wait till a cheapies crash cause i always miss them

The collapse of Deutsche is not bad for the economy at all. The Eurozone's centralised economic policymaking makes it almost impossible for European investment banks to flourish. American investment banks will sweep up the leftovers of Deutsche.

Deutsche has been in a terrible position for years, European investment banks cannot compete with the American monopoly. The only one left now is Barclays and even that is struggling.

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends are your fren.jpg (423x245, 21K)

based and divvypilled

and what would have happened if he didn't do nothing? i assume the indexes would have gone too high?