Imagine your currency devalues ~25%, so you decide to hedge against inflation and buy bitcoin at a $3000 premium...

Imagine your currency devalues ~25%, so you decide to hedge against inflation and buy bitcoin at a $3000 premium, right before it crashes to sub $10k

Attached: ar-flag-min.jpg (3500x2334, 178K)

Why would they need to buy at a premium? Are they restricted to a special Argentina-only exchange?

>Why would they need to buy at a premium?
because nobody will sell you BTC for your shitty pesos

Peso will be worth zero in a few months.

Even if you pay in dollars, everyone charges a premium here

Imagine can't buy potatoes with BTC because the blackout.

care to explain to a zoomer? so out 1btc and 10k price youre stating that a state HAS to buy at a 30% premium to buy crypto? wtf

Think from the opponent's side. Would you want to invest pesso? How could you persuade someone to trade pesso with BTC?

>potatoes
It's called peso moron

okay I understand nao. I thought op meant the country itself as in the goverment bought btc at a 30% premium just because they are a country or something kek

on another note if an individual wanted to trade btc for argie peso and you know the peso will continue to devalue couldnt you just "short it" and is that thinking jewy?

you are fucking retarded, stop breathing
thats not how it works retard, you can convert peso to dollars
ll 3rd worth shithole charge a premium for btc, no matter where or what currency see

>you are fucking retarded, stop breathing
no u

This is the inverse USD/ARS weekly chart. It looks worse than many shitcoins but is actually the currency of an entire nation. Short term moves are irrelevant, in the long run they are much better off holding usd, btc, and even some shitcoins.

Attached: USDARS_inverse.png (1828x944, 51K)

buy low, sell high right? isnt a good to accumulate the currency of a rich resource country while its low and sell the top

BTC is much easier to get and hold over $. Everyone tries to steal $100 bills. You measure BTC against $ but in argentina they see it against their peso. BTC passed ATH in May in argentina.

Argentines are still ahead of the game if they bought BTC at its ATH of $20K.

Yes, if they did it two days ago they got hurt, but in six months, they'll still be better off with BTC than holding pissos.

>mfw going to buenos aires on the 26th

I just hope it falls a little bit more, I've already cancelled the reservation I had in a Palermo hostel, with the same money I might find a fancier hotel. Go bears go.

its never a good idea to accumulate currencies for long their horrible stores of wealth. Bezos doesn't keep a billion in BOA even though he's worth hundreds of billions

Lol accumulate the currency of a populist government that can, and will, print it to the ground. The next government will print pesos like there's no tomorrow, they're going the Venezuela road.

this last goverment larped as non-populist now they are doing all populist shit to scrap some votes
and they destroyed the peso more than the "actually populist" previous govt

They've been ahead since may. Central banks are pumping BTC

smart argentinians were stacking USD and EUR. almost all black markets in south america are dealt in dollars

No we dont you stupid fuck. There are a shit ton of exchange houses in CABA and they only charge the usual Bitstamp price +2%. There is no kind of 30% premium. Maybe one exchange tried to pull that shit but you can easily exchange to both dollars and btc for the regular price