/smg/ - Stock Market General

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NO AGAIN EDITION

Popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

Some basic stock market terminology:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Free advanced charting tools:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/
finscreener.com/

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php
ThinkorSwim

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Stock screener
finviz.com/
tradingview.com/screener

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

Previously on AAAAAAA Market General:

Attached: 1565013557608SMG.png (1446x1012, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2019/08/23/president-trump-meeting-with-trade-team-at-white-house-amid-tweetstorm-that-rocked-markets.html
twitter.com/HuXijin_GT/status/1164931468579053570?s=20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

blessed OP
our girl is the cutest

Attached: 1561370208859.png (329x457, 186K)

First for gdx

Waiting for the afternoon anouncement. The buying oppurtunity is going to be immense.

>Trump isn't getting relected after this childish tirade

People have been saying that for the last year and then immediately forget about it the instant the market reverses
I do agree there should be an upper age limit for presidential candidates, though

LET IT ALL BURN I WANNA SEE CIRCUIT BREAKERS!

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

lets get some cheapies edition

Attached: dividends are your fren.jpg (423x245, 21K)

Imagine not being 100% in US equities and bonds.

STOP SELLING

Attached: 1508539647254.jpg (346x450, 22K)

OP really has been doing a bangup job lately. We haven't had any two-treads-at-a-time shenanigans or OP-fucks-up-the-OP-text shenanigans for a while.

Alright bizbros, what option should i buy before trump's bullshit this afternoon? I'm thinking some fatty puts on some garbage consumer company

Attached: 1T7iIVOmDAINt3lDTVjZKTQ.jpg (1024x426, 169K)

SLV AUG 30 (weeklys) 17 calls active
GLD AUG 30 (weeklys) 145 calls active
SNAP OCT 20 calls active
GDX OCT 36 calls active

get your hedges in before this afternoon's tantrum

Yeah every whinefest at -1% is a snooze. Getting sick of the acting. Anyway Powell should just do whatever Trump wants so we can either boom or bust and we can take a 40% hit on the markets if bust but then the Democrat will save us all anyway.

cnbc.com/2019/08/23/president-trump-meeting-with-trade-team-at-white-house-amid-tweetstorm-that-rocked-markets.html

Called it

Selling what, user? ;)

You know why this time is important?

It’s people’s fucking money!

Wouldn't be surprised if Trump has people who invest in inverse ETF's right before his shitty tweets. This guy is profiting massively off of the volatility which he has direct control over.

Start selling

Attached: 1542668408809.jpg (847x793, 32K)

>Trump tweets
>AHHHHHH OH NO SPY IS DOWN 1%
>AHHHHH SPY IS DOWN ANOTHER 1%
>AHHHH IT'S STILL GOING DOWN LE GREATEST DEPRESSION IS STARTING RIGHT NOW
>the market goes back to ATH levels and crabs up there for a while
>repeat

Constantly since like March

Fed is independent. Caving to outside pressure will rattle confidence across the world.

Wow. Gonna call the sun setting later today too?

see

Trump knows what he does hurts the stock market, right? Didn‘t one of his advisors come out to say he watched the stonks all day to see if they did well? wtf is this then?

there should be a circuit breaker rule but for Trump's twitter account

like if we move more than 0.4% on S&P futures within two 15-minute candles he gets a 2 or 3 hour lockout from tweeting

Attached: 1561275007507.jpg (773x1177, 65K)

He's the President of America, not the President of Wall Street. This is in America's long term interest.

delusional bull

this market is on literal euphoric heroin. everyone is calling this """cheapie""".

What should we buy today

Praise God! Trump Friday angry tweets are gonna finally make me even on my SDS, SQQQ short market positions! I hope for a long sustained selloff to DOW 19,000

He seems to be getting aggressive with the Chinese

Maybe it's part of "the art of the deal". Maybe it's dementia. whatever it is, even though the Chinese tariffs are pretty minor, he really sees the Chinese escalation as something that requires a strong and immediate retaliation.

Trump is also triggered by Big Dick Jerome staying cool at Jackson Hole and not cutting. But he's more angry with the chinks right now

Attached: 1561388710093.jpg (1417x2184, 325K)

trumps tweets should be like jeopardy. slowly at random, alphabets release to show the message.

>le bear gang in the house yall hahaha short this bitch cap da nasdaq in da dick my wallet getting thick

Every time, constantly
And then you vanish in a few days

>Accelerating conditions which lead to world war is in the interest of americans

Trade war will lead to physical war. Its not Trump's fault that this is happening but he's not helping either.

>He invests in Bestbuy
>He invests in Chain
>He invests in Harmony
>He invests in Mcdonalds
>He invests in Gamestop
>He invests in Apple
>He invests in Microsoft

If any of these are you, destroy all forms of technology that you own and go cry to yourself in your sad little corner.

Attached: Larger Space Buddy Smile Paper.jpg (550x550, 29K)

it's going to be absolutely delicious shitting on your hilarious ponzi for trillions of dollars.

lol
the algo boys would absolutely love that

Attached: 1561464269369.png (394x239, 87K)

>short this bitch cap da nasdaq in da dick my wallet getting thick
See you can do it to. Just stop acting smug.

Attached: lmao.jpg (393x391, 145K)

I wanna fuck that picture

>rebalancing and decay eats recovery gains
>nothin personal kid

trade options. not leveraged ETFs

you need to practice self-control

Attached: 1559677810741.png (479x380, 182K)

Attached: elclassicco.png (465x359, 271K)

Nah i'm too unsophisticated for options trading, I try to keep it simple. got 1,000 bucks split between SDS and SQQQ

>>Trump also said he was ordering all U.S. postal carriers, including FedEx, Amazon, UPS and United States Post Office, “to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!).”

LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!

mcdicks, apple, and mr softy are great long term holds for anyone under the age of 40.

People getting stopped out below a support level on GALT right now
Purely on a technical level, things don't look good, but like I've said many times before, I don't care about that
Technicals and price action are temporary, the company's fundamentals are still the same as they were when the company was trading at $6
The price will do whatever it will and I'll keep holding until I have a reason to sell

its not hard, you don't need to understand math. if you bet the right side, you get a lot of money.

The Sundowning President

Make me

McDonalds, Apple, and Microsoft are all legit great long-term holds you absolute bizlet

Attached: your_opinion.png (485x318, 156K)

>Trade war will lead to physical war. Its not Trump's fault that this is happening but he's not helping either.
If you believe this then you should simply be buying defense stocks.

Oh please. Trump wants to have good relationships with Russia. If WW3 ever happens, it'll be started under a democrat's term.

Is there an "aw shit, here we go again" /smg/ edit?

Attached: giphy.gif (245x245, 664K)

I invested in GameStop, but bought puts. Ez 1k I’ve ever made in my life.

Attached: B58A8689-B869-4657-B9AD-750781DC6896.jpg (750x358, 79K)

That simplicity costs you extra in fees and daily rebalancing. Plus I wouldn't short the entirety of the s&p when a single tweet could wipe you out entirely. Short china specific things at the center of the blast.

>he waits a long time to make profit

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THESE LINKIES

I should

Both Democrats and Republicans are war hawks. Under Trump war with Iran is increasingly likely which will pull in Russia, and under Trump relations with other countries like Turkey have deteriorated to a point where they're buying Russian missile defense systems despite sanctions threats from the US.

Huawei is building a 5g network in Russia and Russia/China held joint military drills recently. Under Trump, China and Russia are turning into very close allies and once US escaltes to war Russia will side with China or China will side with Russia.

the fuck

>not having a multi-tiered, multiportfolio strategies, all with different time horizons and objectives

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF ZOOMERS WITH 10 SECOND ATTENTION SPANS. Also pic unrelated but it filled me with kekkies

Attached: file.png (605x372, 54K)

Is there a forex general?

its over

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (891x1259, 765K)

You must've bought a long time ago because their 5 year chart says they've been going downhill.

based and murrypilled

>not managing a long term retirement account filled with high quality alongside day trading fun money in another account

confirmed for never going to make it

Meh
Worst case we repeat December
Which really wasn't that bad

kek she's aging right into that bitchy suburban mcmcansion phase of life. White women, lol.

>attraction is political
maybe hitler had a few valid points about the globohomos.

I have $20k cash. When do I buy the dip anons, now?

Attached: 1566540743203.jpg (645x773, 110K)

MDT OCT 115 calls active

Naa I'm just legit pretending to be a fuckwit retard cunt.
I honestly have shares of mcdonalds and micropudding. However, I was shocked that this guy made any fucking money at all seeing Gamestop is going downhill slowly.

>More red coming up

Attached: 1566415068884 (1).png (750x1334, 598K)

He bought puts. You genuine actual bonafide retard.

right now. I bought back my short calls and bought upro for this rip up.

Attached: 22ACEC90-B119-4DCF-8665-CEE91525EED1.png (750x1334, 167K)

Put your 401k into McDonald's

Attached: Screenshot_20190823-101205.png (720x1280, 68K)

>relations with other countries like Turkey have deteriorated to a point where they're buying Russian missile defense systems despite sanctions threats from the US
Or maybe they're doing that because the Patriot system is some 30 year old shit that was never good and the S400 is actually decent and the Turks actually care about air defence. I guess muh Blonald Blumpf is a more likely explanation, though.

Fees aren't that bad, as long as the stock is rising, like today, if i don't get a recession in the next year though, I'll probably lose at least half my investment.

I'm drunk don't JUDGE ME

Attached: 30102024-fat-businessman-looking-at-bright-lightbulb-symbolizing-bright-solution.jpg (450x450, 25K)

Look at them conniving chinks

Attached: 1349757458347598234758237498723957349.png (607x715, 285K)

Attached: file.png (349x642, 80K)

Sure. It's called ÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa edition.

Do you think the democrats will try to make a recession happen to get them into office?

>trump hasn’t even announced retaliatory tariffs yet

Not gonna make it

No, and I also think they don't have the ability to do so either.

How do I know it won't drop further?

>Without China's market of 1.4b people, US farm goods will have nowhere to go, farm land being abandoned,farmers going bankrupt. US energy products will also lose an infinite market.Chinese auto market is already bigger than US'...all of this don't have to happen.I hate trade war.

twitter.com/HuXijin_GT/status/1164931468579053570?s=20

This is going to ramp up greater than anyone anticipated.

you don't, that's part of the fun. wait until it hits 0 if you want a sure thing.

GE OCT 7 puts active

>drunk at 10am
i'm envious

best of luck m8. set a stop.

A recession was going to happen regardless of which color was in power. The 10 year bullmarket powered by debt was bound to collapse eventually.

>Buying missiles from Russia despite US sanctioning them.
Relations with Russia was going to deteriorate anyways, Hillary was a huge anti-Russian shill. The world economy was going to the gutter regardless of who was in power and because the US is solely powered by finance capital and has almost no productive capital, the only way it can retain its grip on the world economy is through military means.

based and realpilled

All in GE puts. GE has been easy for me to option trade off of. Maybe Ford as well with the trade war shit.

Attached: E58B6EB8-0129-451B-97C9-7A68A5D159CD.jpg (560x577, 226K)

democrat candidates are so bad even recession would not blow trump's winning chances. people dont want establishment candidates anymore,
it does not matter how bad economy is they still would not vote for them. then you have esptein case etc. all over that only makes them less trusting in government

Attached: 97ada6d3cea8c7809783ea42f2fe2100.jpg (225x349, 27K)

Why contain it?

Let it spill over into the schools and the churches.

If you want to know why I am drunk at 10 AM, it is because I quit my job because I got an offer for a better job starting on the 30th so I took this week off after emailing my previous company that I no longer will be with them. My wife is currently at work and the kids are at school so for an entire week I can shitpost to my heart's content. I've bought some stock, ordered a new suit jacket, bought PMs from Apmex, and now just shitting here.

What do I buy next legit though? I did like the argument that 5G may be a great investment right now.

Attached: artworks-000355270362-ka5qxb-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 36K)

hrm will trump be dumb enough to throw more oil into the fire by immediately announcing more tariffs or removing the dec tariff deadline?

Makes me wish I was Chinese. They're so much better than Americans

Moving the Dec tariffs to October

t.someone who should have said something a long time ago

Yeah, with the dead babies in the street, eating of tortured dogs, and incredibly impressive amount of disastrous car incidents n' all....

Anyone else doing forex?

this is bullshit. I'm only up 69% today. I fucking Trump better retaliate with 10 trillion in tariffs and announce this is how we're paying for medicare for all.

Thanks Munchin

What can the dems to to cause a recession? Pass threatening motions in the house?

That's what i'm saying, i want my short position to finally pay off, let's nuke the chinks!

I invested on weed and is killing me.