>Bars
Easy to sell quickly/flip if it's fractional

coins all the way.

Coins for the win.
> Recognizable
> Difficult to forge
> Always more aesthetic
> Liquid

Damn, there are taxes when selling metals??

Coins are money/legal tender. Use it to purchase goods and services.

A 1oz coin has a 1 dollar currency value and is around $18 worth of silver.

Aren't the 1oz gold coins $50 face value, meaning it would be incredibly foolish to use it as legal tender?

i think anyone going off anything but metal content/weight is retarded

>no capital gains tax
Yes there is retard
>Easy to sell quickly/flip if it's fractional
No they aren't because they lack security features of a coin and thus are easier to fake. It doesn't matter if you want to sell a Canadian gold leaf in Asia or Europe you will be able to trade it easily. If trying to sell a bar most shops wont take them because of fakes or if they do they want to drill to the center and test it to make sure you disnt stick a leaf bar in it costing you money in gold
Jfc you are a retard

What's the best way to avoid tax implications on metals? Find dealers that don't report or are there any legal loopholes? I never knew physical metals are taxable and reported to the IRS like stocks.

Bars all the way, buying by 500g is the only good choice to build up your stack.

I bought 1 oz american eagle but all of my silver is 10 oz bars. Did I fuck up?

buy for 1,500 sell for 50 claim your losses pay no taxes

The Jow Forums model: Yeah, not much money to be made, but no taxes either!

Using "for the win"

Fucking retard.

Bars are often within 1 dollar above spot price or less per oz.

So obviously bars of you are serious about investing.

Coins are for hobbyists who do not even keep track of their average cost per oz

*if you are serious

Bump

1oz gold coins are $20 face value.

in USA anyway.

Isn’t a 1oz gold bar worth 1,500$. Am i Retard or is the coin worth way less

Bars are more likely to be tungsten because people hardly ever take them out of the plastic to test them.

gold coins are 50 dollars tender in canada.similar in usa

Bump. Trying to buy me some gold

higher premium on coins, and come selling time good luck finding another idiot or collector fag who'll buy it off you with the same premium added

Shops / vendors will offer you the same melt price whether it's a coin or bar. The high premium paid for coins won't mean shit

Bump

Twst

Not all gold coins are alike. Stick to buffalos and eagles. Some aren’t 99% pure. The maple leaf for example is 99% while the krugerrand is 91% mixed with silver and copper. All have 1 ounce of silver but not all have the same premiums or gold purity.

>selling for fiat

Shiggy

Unless you’re buying from another individual all coins will have a premium just like anything faggot they have to make a profit. Best to develop a relationship with a LCS so he”ll give you the best deals both when you buy and when time comes to sell he knows you and will deal with you first. I’ve been getting junk silver around $50 off at my LCS compared to online. I’m
Not shitting you. And I’m in a tax on bullion state.