/christ/ - Christian General

>All denominations welcome.
>Please feel free to ask questions and we will answer them to the best of our abilities.

This general is for all Christian denominations, as well as those who do not have faith or are interested in Christ to ask their questions. Please refrain from shitposting.

Please be civil with your arguments in between denominations. This thread is for everybody to get together and discuss the thing we prize most our faith in Christ.

The New Testament online for free, arrows at the top to turn the page
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 1&version=ESV

Older translation, considered to be much more accurate but takes longer to read
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 1&version=KJV

Online Bible for those who do not have ready access to one at home. Remember there is no race to finish the Bible, read it slowly and take in what it has to offer. If you have questions, ask. If you get tired of reading, finish for the night and think over what you have read as you go to sleep.
biblegateway.com/resources/audio/?recording=kjv-dramatized
A site that lets you choose a type of Bible and then have sections read to you. There is an auto play feature to this.

Attached: knight_templar4.jpg (297x450, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=091pCsIi5FI
nationalvanguard.org/2010/10/on-christianity/
youtube.com/watch?v=dnrT7yZEV-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one gives a shit about your muslim loving kike sect

bump

Mark Passio-Fake-ass Christians

Attached: 092.jpg (1920x1080, 463K)

Christianity is a false religion for morons and weaklings

(Galatians 5:22, 23) On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

(Galatians 5:19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, 20 idolatry, practice of spiritism, enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects, 21 envies, drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these. As to these things I am forewarning YOU, the same way as I did forewarn YOU, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s kingdom.

(1 Corinthians 2:14, 15) But a physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know [them], because they are examined spiritually. 15However, the spiritual man examines indeed all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

(Romans 8:5) For those who are in accord with the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those in accord with the spirit on the things of the spirit.

(Matthew 5:3) “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them.

Attached: 1230199539831.jpg (1600x1200, 287K)

>Isaiah 41:9 -. ‘You are my servant; I have chosen you, and I have not rejected you.

>Jeremiah 31:3 - ...“And with a love to time indefinite I have loved you. That is why I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

>Proverbs 24:16 - For the righteous one may fall even seven times, and he will certainly get up; but the wicked ones will be made to stumble by calamity.

>Psalms 55:22 - 22 Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, And he himself will sustain you. Never will he allow the righteous one to totter.

>(Psalm 37:24) Although he may fall, he will not be hurled down, For Jehovah is supporting his hand.

>(Philippians 4:6) Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God;

>(1 Peter 5:7) while YOU throw all YOUR anxiety upon him, because he cares for YOU.

>Proverbs 3:5,6 - Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. 6 In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight.

>Isaiah 41:10 - Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’

>Deuteronomy 31:6 - BE courageous and strong. Do not be afraid or suffer a shock before them, because Jehovah your God is the one marching with you. He will neither desert you nor leave you entirely.”

>(Deuteronomy 4:31) For Jehovah your God is a merciful God. He will not desert you or bring you to ruin or forget the covenant of your forefathers that he swore to them.

>1 Thessalonians 1:4, 5 - As a result we ourselves take pride in YOU among the congregations of God because of YOUR endurance and faith in all YOUR persecutions and the tribulations that YOU are bearing. 5 This is a proof of the righteous judgment of God, leading to YOUR being counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which YOU are indeed suffering.

Attached: 10370974_396819260456085_973440185970377064_n.png (447x287, 281K)

youtube.com/watch?v=091pCsIi5FI

Attached: 1502140325807.jpg (3008x2000, 1.31M)

So you are not supposed to be involved with this world's affair at all. Here's why:

>1 John 5:19 - 19 We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one.

>Ephesians 2:2 - , , 2 in which YOU at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience.

>John 16:10,11 - 10 then concerning righteousness, because I am going to the Father and YOU will behold me no longer; 11 then concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

>John 14:29, 30 - 29 So now I have told YOU before it occurs, in order that, when it does occur, YOU may believe. 30 I shall not speak much with YOU anymore, for the ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me,

>John 12:30, 31 - ” 30 In answer Jesus said: “This voice has occurred, not for my sake, but for YOUR sakes. 31 Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

>Luke 4:5-7 - 5 So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time; 6 and the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it. 7 You, therefore, if you do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.”

>(2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

The devil is the true ruler of the entire world. Not God and not Jesus. All politicians, parties, regimes, corporations, and religions answer to him. You are not supposed to try to change the world. That would make you enemies with God and allies with Satan.

I want all your opinions here. How long until The West collapses? Has it already collapsed? Will it collapse? Is collapse imminent? What makes you all think it has or will?

I mean collapse like to the point of easily being conquered right now by another empire. Has that already happened?

Attached: 1362865896532.jpg (802x780, 146K)

I've been reading the Bible a bit recently. I've found a lot of wisdom and peace within it. I never really believed in God, but I think i've been looking at it the wrong way. I could never understand the belief in the personified version of God, the big guy in the white robes sort of imagery, but thinking lately maybe God is more of a concept, a feeling within you. What is God to you anons? How does he influence your life?

Attached: 1503669251405.jpg (1134x1001, 219K)

>What is God to you anons?

(Isaiah 42:8) “I am Jehovah. THAT IS MY NAME; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.

(Psalm 83:18) That people may know that you, WHOSE NAME IS JEHOVAH, YOU ALONE are the Most High over all the earth.

(Ezekiel 36:23) ‘And I shall certainly sanctify my great name, which was being profaned among the nations, which YOU profaned in the midst of them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’...

(Ezekiel 38:23) And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’

>How does he influence your life?

Proverbs 2:1-5 - My son, if you will receive my sayings and treasure up my own commandments with yourself, 2 so as to pay attention to wisdom with your ear, that you may incline your heart to discernment; 3 if, moreover, you call out for understanding itself and you give forth your voice for discernment itself, 4 if you keep seeking for it as for silver, and as for hid treasures you keep searching for it, 5 in that case you will understand the fear of Jehovah, and you will find the very knowledge of God.

Attached: 536234_113340012152827_978462515_n.jpg (402x175, 13K)

Attached: 1271735683967.png (679x427, 12K)

You call yourselves Christians, or Jews, or claim to follow some other religion, but the truth is, what you call your religion is empty window-dressing. What you truly worship, the god you really bow to, what you really believe in, is the state. ‘Thou shalt not steal.’ ‘Thou shalt not murder.’ Unless you can do it by way of government. Then it’s just fine, isn’t it?

Attached: Middle_finger_christ.jpg (350x347, 21K)

(Proverbs 19:14) The inheritance from fathers is a house and wealth, but a discreet wife is from Jehovah.

(Proverbs 18:22) Has one found a [good] wife? One has found a good thing, and one gets goodwill from Jehovah.

(2 Timothy 2:22) So, flee from the desires incidental to youth, but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, along with those who call upon the Lord out of a clean heart.

(1 Corinthians 7:36) But if anyone thinks he is behaving improperly toward his virginity, if that is past the bloom of youth, and this is the way it should take place, let him do what he wants; he does not sin. Let them marry.

(2 Corinthians 6:14) Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness?

(1 Corinthians 7:39) A wife is bound during all the time her husband is alive. But if her husband should fall asleep [in death], she is free to be married to whom she wants, only in [the] Lord.

Attached: 1394936869362.jpg (2240x3000, 2.55M)

Bullshit. Jesus got involved, acted against authority, and changed the world. You should not stand for evil. Not acting against immorality is in itself an immoral act.

Been reading my bible a lit more than ever now that I've become Buddhist. I wouldn't call myself a Christian so much because I recognize God as me and "Christ" as a state of consciousness.

Attached: 1529708576572.png (690x864, 694K)

>Jesus got involved, acted against authority, and changed the world

Yet we still live in a world of abominations, injustice, poverty, greed, degeneracy, and /mlp/ and /v/. His servants have been dying left and right for centuries. Jesus didn't intend to change anything.

>(Luke 4:43) But he said to them: “Also to other cities I must declare the good news of the kingdom of God, because for this I was sent forth.”

>(Luke 8:1) Shortly afterwards he went journeying from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with him,

Jesus never came to change anything. His purpose, besides dying for our sins, was to preach the Kingdom. Not bring in reforms. This doesn't mean NOTHING will happen. This means we must tolerate this wicked system a little longer until he actually does take action. Pic related is when Jesus WILL change the world.

Attached: JesusHorseman2.jpg (900x1200, 147K)

He forced them to create the government propaganda religion Christianity where you have "christians" supporting and being involved in immoral acts. The people failed in caring for truth principles. It is our fault, not Jesus's. We are the ones who follow man's orders and ignore Christ's words. We are the ones who give them power to rule over us. We need to follow in Jesus's footsteps. Just focusing on yourself is a new age satanic ideology that only sustains their illegitimate fake authority. One must ALWAYS do what is right no matter what. You are wrong.

Time for the boomer magatards to return to reddit and facebook with your semite shilling.

Attached: 1524782001216.jpg (823x543, 80K)

obeying laws is worshipping the state? I truly love burger's simplicity.

You live under man's rule. God did not create your laws that say slavery is okay in Saudi Arabia but not okay in America. God did not say it is okay for the government to steal your labor without your consent. You're willingly living under man's law which directly opposes God's law.

nationalvanguard.org/2010/10/on-christianity/
youtube.com/watch?v=dnrT7yZEV-g

Attached: obstaclechristianity.jpg (720x317, 54K)

I've been feeling very torn lately. There is so much I like about Christianity, yet I can't agree with Jesus and his teachings. Being nice, being meek, being weak in order to obtain a favorable afterlife is not something I can honestly say I agree with. This life, here and now, is what matters. It is meant to be a struggle, we are meant to conquer and overpower and assimilate and destroy. It should be a joyful thing to conquer, not a cause for guilt or shame or concern for your immortal soul.

There is some truth to that sentiment. The Roman religion was a religion of the state, and we have inherited that tradition, albeit largely without the religious element. I think society works better when the state is an object of worship and not a fat whore to suckle.

I'm living among many people that don't believe in anything. The distiction between civil law and moral law is something that I would prefer to have if they don't have moral law. That's the lesser evil, or leviatan, that allow us to live in peace with unbelievers. Those who don't have the law in their hearts.

You're not supposed to be a sniveling little rodent. Service to Christ isn't meant to mean hiding away while the world tramples on you.

Remember that Jesus chased merchants out of a temple by flipping tables and whipping them.

Conquer evil. Conquer your fallen nature. Live uprightly and goodly, avoid sin, resist temptation.

By humility, the Bible means that you are not to exalt yourself at the expense of others, or at the expense of God. Do not consider yourself entitled to the fruits of others' works, or do evil things to get ahead in life.

How does a man profit if he gains the world, but loses his immortal soul?

Good thread.

Attached: amotherwhoweeps.jpg (1320x1000, 999K)

Bless u anons,have a bump
I'd say about 70 years left to go
>What is God to you
The epicenter of our existence
>Does he influence you life?
Absolutely

Good thread
>All the shills getting ignored
Feels good man

Attached: 1528919963301.png (700x693, 360K)

(Galatians 1:8) However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed.

(2 Corinthians 11:13-15) For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.FOR SATAN HIMSELF KEEPS TRANSFORMING HIMSELF INTO AN ANGEL OF LIGHT 15IT IS THEREFORE NOTHING GREAT IF HIS MINISTERS ALSO KEEP TRANSFORMING THEMSELVES INTO MINISTERS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS...

(2 Timothy 4:3, 4) For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.

(Matthew 7:21) “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.

>We are the ones who give them power to rule over us.

Nope, this guy answered this part>One must ALWAYS do what is right no matter what. You are wrong.

I don't deny we must do what is right but we must also follow orders. Do not be friends with the world, do not try to reform the world, friendship with the world is enmity with God.

>(James 4:4) Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.

>(1 John 2:15) Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him;

>(Romans 12:2) And quit being fashioned after this system of things, but be transformed by making YOUR mind over, that YOU may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

God doesn't exist.

It's all made up bullshit.

>Lord be with you
And also with you
>Lift up your hearts
We lift them up to the Lord.
>Let us give thanks to the Lord, our God.
It is right to give God thanks and praise

Thanks for the bump. For a man that is so convinced of his convictions he post in a thread about something he doesn't believe. You dont' see us in the Pagan/Hindu thread trying to convince them Brahma and Odin don't exist.

Paganism is death
Atheism is death
The Europeans of old willingly rejected paganism and loved Christ, the pagans of today bring shame to them
Atheism is the rejection of all tradition and morality for nihilism
Remember the Christian soldiers of the past, who loved their country and defended it with humility and piety.

Attached: 126e1514dae51bc224922f521f8e9ee0935daf947b222906a315164e7b023902.jpg (683x711, 37K)

Holy Mother, we pray for your intervention on our behalf in this world that day after day keeps turning its back on Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Attached: 6da250f8502daddd7143855e27b17b88--blessed-mother-mary-blessed-virgin-mary.jpg (736x1037, 97K)

Go ahead and try brainlet

Attached: 1527137901069.jpg (1852x6928, 2.22M)

Our Christian nations will persevere.

Attached: 6-The-Lamentation-of-Christ-Baroque-biblical-Anthony-van-Dyck.jpg (1025x577, 115K)