Just Following Orders, Sir

>Between 347 and 504 unarmed people were massacred by the U.S. Army soldiers from Company C, 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11th Brigade, 23rd (Americal) Infantry Division. Victims included men, women, children, and infants. Some of the women were gang-raped and their bodies mutilated.[1][2] Twenty-six soldiers were charged with criminal offenses, but only Lieutenant William Calley Jr., a platoon leader in C Company, was convicted. Found guilty of killing 22 villagers, he was originally given a life sentence, but served only three and a half years under house arrest.

>Lieutenant Calley testified that he heard the shooting and arrived on the scene. He observed his men firing into a ditch with Vietnamese people inside and he then started shooting, with an M16, from a distance of five feet. Then, a helicopter landed on the other side of the ditch and a pilot asked Calley if he could provide any medical assistance to the wounded civilians in Mỹ Lai; Calley admitted replying that a hand grenade was the only available means that he had for their evacuation.

>By midmorning, members of Charlie Company had killed hundreds of civilians and raped or assaulted countless women and young girls. They encountered no enemy fire and found no weapons in My Lai itself

>Initial reports claimed "128 Viet Cong and 22 civilians" had been killed in the village during a "fierce fire fight". General Westmoreland, the MACV commander, congratulated the unit on the "outstanding job".

>On August 19, 2009, ... Calley issued an apology. Calley said:
>"There is not a day that goes by that I do not feel remorse for what happened that day in My Lai. I feel remorse for the Vietnamese who were killed, for their families, for the American soldiers involved and their families. I am very sorry... If you are asking why I did not stand up to them when I was given the orders, I will have to say that I was a 2nd Lieutenant getting orders from my commander and I followed them—foolishly, I guess."

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-30_16-15-55.png (255x275, 107K)

Attached: 1496720282459.jpg (688x456, 41K)

Why the fuck is the US held to a higher standard than their enemy?

The Viet Cong or NVA would have done worse to these people if there was any evidence of them cooperating or helping the US in Vietnam.

Civilians getting murdered wholesale as some kind of a revenge attack is pretty much the rule in non-conventional wars. This kind of atrocity was the reason there were rules of war created in the first place.

because chinks have no soul

This is a disgrace. I cant believe the gunner's grouping was this bad.

FPBP

Attached: C8A13ED2-53B6-48F6-9195-A03414EB1EF9.jpg (808x1024, 112K)

The Chinks did some mild torture (by US standards) and waged a guerrilla warfare. Meanwhile, the US tortured and slaughtered civilians in a literally pointless warmongering conflict. There's really no contest, US was the bigger villain on equal standards.

Because the US held itself to higher standards as both a country and as a military force.
>it's common therefore it's okay
>nevermind that young soldiers were being morally corrupted in the process
>the enemy did it to, therefore it's justified
Why not take revenge against the moronic commanders who made multiple companies storm the same muddy jungle hill in the middle of nowhere only to abandon it once taken, leaving hundreds of American bodies in the wake?

>Killing commies
>bad
Fuck 'em. North Vietnamese used the most underhanded tactics like attacking during cease fires or dressing like civilians to sneak in unnoticed. Then there's an uproar when US soldiers gun down few civilians

Attached: 523.png (540x465, 262K)

No way man, VC were good boys. They dindu nuffin

Attached: hue.gif (250x205, 51K)

Attached: 1500044331297.png (454x340, 217K)

At least we use drones now instead of up close and personal

>chinks
fucking education system

>There's really no contest, US was the bigger villain on equal standards.

Attached: 471px-Infant_victim_of_Dak_Son_massacre.jpg (471x600, 42K)

How is an unarmed woman and her children tending to ride paddies in any way a communist? None of the people gunned down mercilessly could even give you the definition of communism or tell you who Marx was. The majority of the N. Vietnamese fighting did so for freedom for their country from decades of occupation.

If we burned them all we would have won the war. Restraint is failure.

Attached: 640A73CA-9DA8-46D5-8C39-E458A5FCABBD.jpg (554x400, 79K)

Well how do you know she wasn't a sympathiser who had stashes of gear and maybe even tunnel entrance in her home? We can what if all we want, but she wouldn't have died if VC fighters wouldn't use civilians as a resource to wage their war. Also VC and North Vietnamese were notorious for murdering civilians and burning villages, so serves them right, at least she died clean death, which can't be said about civvies killed by the commies

>Click on thread clucking about a fifty year old incident
>canadia OP flag
Imagine my shock

I think the toll has already been paid, young padawan.

Attached: best solo.png (847x855, 435K)

The US killed too many civilians to count from airstrikes in Vietnam. It never made news, because there's a degree of impersonality and it just ends up as an uncountable aspect of warfare. But something so personal as to be a conscious decision is different. How does no one say something in the process, nor someone in the command chain step? I lone hilicopter pilot had to step in after witness the events, and even then he couldn't do anything as he didn't have chain of command. It's a catastrophic failure, and demonstrates how feeble the war effort was at that point in time, barely hanging on by a thread.

>Calley admitted replying that a hand grenade was the only available means that he had for their evacuation.

Attached: Anne.jpg (607x532, 179K)

I could see you as one of those idiots who thought in WWI it was a great idea to use cavalry against machine guns because of your 'honour'.

The bottom line is that non-conventional wars are messy and violent. Even as the stronger power you have to play at the lowest level because it's the only way to win. If you aren't playing to win then all of those lives were lost for nothing which is probably a bigger insult than these people being massacred.

>checks flag
>canada
Ah, that explains everything. Probably in your mind we can heal the world by joining hands and singing some new age shit.

Should have nuked Vietnam. Korea too. Gooks are fucking insane and the only way to beat them is by being even crazier than they are. Japan was STILL ready to fight to the death even after the first nuke, the commie invasion, and getting absolutely fucking memed for 3 straight years after Midway. Absolute nutters the lot of em.

Because, you stupid faggot, when trying to eradicate an enemy, one does not distinguish between male, female, or junior cockroaches. One simply gets about their business, which China is going to find out very shortly. So long, chink dicklets.

Attached: 1408305711486.jpg (460x608, 53K)

as if the North Vietnamese were any better, they conducted their biggest offensive during a fucking holiday ceasefire

> Why the fuck is the US held to a higher standard than their enemy?
Because they are the one pretending that their military interventions are only to keep world peace and bring freedom and shiet.

>Well how do you know she wasn't a sympathiser who had stashes of gear and maybe even tunnel entrance in her home?
They hadn't recovered any weapons, met no resistance, and upon internal investigation were found to have slaughtered unwarned civilians and it was covered up. You can't kill children and unwarned civilians just because "what if" and paranoia.
>raped
>women died attempting to cover their children
>clean death

war is hell

They did that for years though. Westmoreland should have known better.

The point of Vietnam was to stop the communist expansion from China and it was a military action akin to Korea to support a western aligned state. The world peace was the rationalisation for the shit in 2003.

If it wasn't for your country's arrogance, Ho would have been on our side to begin with. He only became a commie because you refused to give them independence after WW2 as some attempt to preserve your status as a global power.

So, fuck off.

Ho was a National Communist desu. If he wasn't then he wouldn't have purged and massacred the other nationalist groups.

This is utterly bullshit reasoning, because those lives "lost for nothing" were lost on America's own account. How many levels of delusion are you operating under to believe massacring a civilian village did anything for the war effort? It didn't, especially not when it reached mainland America.
>muh body count, ends justify the means

>Ho
>Being on our side under any circumstances
Hon hon hon, nice one.

Press F to pay respects

Attached: Jean_de_Lattre_de_Tassigny_(1946).jpg (1280x1706, 260K)

It worked pretty well when the NVA took over once the Americans left. Except, your commie media wasn't there to cover it to undermine the US war effort.

He literally promised the Americans naval bases to use against the Chinese and he was our ally against the Japanese during WW2.

S. Dead fucking frog piece of shit.

A fucking leaf

Rude

What are you saying... Shit happens in war. An army designed to be an advanced fighting force make poor peace keepers.

Unfortunately, the NVA and VietCong did far worse than an isolated incident. NVA committed genocide into the millions after the US left.

You got your bullshit story out over the poor village of My Lai. But your consequences of your ideology against the war killed millions.

How in the hell do you sleep at night, knowing that "Give peace a chance" Communist feelings kill and continue to kill millions. I'd like to know????

>The Huế Massacre (Vietnamese: Thảm sát tại Huế Tết Mậu Thân, or Thảm sát Tết Mậu Thân ở Huế, lit. translation: "Tết Offensive Massacre in Huế") is the name given to the summary executions and mass killings perpetrated by the Việt Cộng (VC) and People's Army of Vietnam (PAVN) during their capture, occupation and later withdrawal from the city of Huế during the Tết Offensive, considered one of the longest and bloodiest battles of the Vietnam War.

>The Battle of Huế began on January 31, 1968, and lasted a total of 26 days. During the months and years that followed, dozens of mass graves were discovered in and around Huế. Victims included women, men, children, and infants.[2] The estimated death toll was between 2,800 and 6,000 civilians and prisoners of war,[1][3] or 5–10% of the total population of Huế.[4] The Republic of Vietnam released a list of 4,062 victims identified as having been either murdered or abducted.[5] Victims were found bound, tortured, and sometimes buried alive. Many victims were also clubbed to death.[6][7][8]

>In 1971, journalist Don Oberdorfer's book, Tet!, documented some eyewitness accounts of what happened in Huế during the PAVN/VC occupation. Pham Van Tuong, a part-time janitor for the Huế government information office who made it on the Viet Cong list of "reactionaries" for working there, was hiding with his family as the VC hunted for him. When he was found with his 3-year-old daughter, 5-year-old son and 2 nephews, the Viet Cong immediately gunned them all down, leaving their bodies on the street for the rest of the family to see.[12]

>Deaths 2,800 – 6,000[1]

Yea no. It's called war and civilians will be killed. This is just your communist propaganda bullshit to make the U.S look bad.

It's a unique and really strange, suicidal trait that the liberal West has about criticizing itself for moral shortcomings even when involved in warfare against enemies who demonstrate no morals of their own.

It was unprofessional, and criminal against international standards of warfare. So you prosecute, discipline, and tell the other 2LTs to get their shit together. Then get back to killing.

They saved you from the krauts and wouldn't have been in vietnam if it wasn't for french failing to stop viet minh

Yeah fuck right off. I got to talking with a couple of MACV-SOG vets at a gun show once, and the one guy told me they used to do shit that made my lai look like a cakewalk. Only reason My Lai was a big deal is because they got caught.

>Victims
They were VC, and as such deserved it.

this guy gets it

Attached: 765689.jpg (624x361, 87K)

Vietnamese eat dogs. Remember the Japanese are the only ones in E/SE Asia that are close to human as the Samurai always treated the dog as a natural partner to humanity.