Post-impressionist paintings of Paris from 100 years ago set to old European music

youtu.be/_fuIMye31Gw

So beautiful and tragic knowing what happened to Europe. This was the aesthetic expression of old Europe. This was the soul of an old civilization the crimes of Hitler and the Nazis gave the final deathblow to.

It was a new world after the two world wars and the holocaust. The deep aesthetic sense and appreciation of beauty died together with European self-confidence. Pride was replaced with self-negation. Negation has been the main force animating Western high culture for the past 70 years. The video gives a nostalgic glimpse of what could of been. A past forever lost that can never be resuscitated.

Attached: Edouard Cortès.jpg (3200x1607, 349K)

reeeee

real redpill: hitler fucked everything up
nobody would have had a problem with nationalism otherwise

now post the after photo

>This was the aesthetic expression of old Europe
this was the aesthetic expression of 2% of old Europe i.e the very rich urban elite

are you retarded it was like this all over the west.
Fucking commie coon.

Germany have tried to destroy Europe three times.
Third time lucky.
They've really done it this time.

no he's right , it was like that painting only in the big cities like Paris , it was more modest in the countryside , still more comfy than today though.

also Paris used to be a good and comfy city everybody wanted to live in , it's not the case anymore.

Germany literally did nothing wrong until the lolocaust. If it wasn't for British "intelligence" and the Jewish schemes they came up with, we likely would have let you and France capitulate. Shame, really.

Hes wrong because you can see the same scenes in Sydney or Melbourne at the time. Or any western city from the 60s and earlier.
For example cities here every man wore a suit and a top hat. All women wore dresses. In black and white photos.
Now people wear their food stained pajamas in the same streets.

ha yes , you're talking about how people dressed and i agree with that , i was talking about architecture , gas lamps and carriages.

Exactly, and you better not to know what has happened to the theatre.

Wild guess, a gay bar?

Cuck, it was the Jews who fucked us. They need to be gassed

In Sydney and Melbourne this stuff is still around horse carts and and trams and old architecture.
It was more common in the 90s to see scenes like these paintings. After the 90s Australia changed a lot.

One of my favourite ways to relax is play some videos of late 19th/early 20th European cities with music from Liszt, Chopin, Debussy, Satie etc as accompaniment.

Its comfy af but also devastating to know the same cities are now overrun with niggers and Arabs.

major cities always looked the same yes, so what? They still contained less people than the countryside by a large margin until rural areas slowly emptied
If the point is culture
then old european culture was the popular culture found in the countryside and not a bunch of top hatted twats playing the piano who had already lost all identity and gave birth to globalization

i only see horse carts in the countryside and it's not even common anymore , trams are there but it's modern and ugly.
old architecture is left intact here and there but modern buildings are present , ruining the scenery.
i hate modern architecture , same for that era pre-WW2 were the nazis were fond of Brutalism and the commies later with their commie blocks , same with Mao that loved using concrete ; from that point the world became bland and boring.
world wars were a mistake.

Well in my country a person was free to travel anywhere they liked. A rural person could take their family to the coty and wall down the same streets to see a film as "rich" person.
And enjoy the scenery,
Maybe this concept is alien to you commie?

There used to be more cultural preservation here. It was bought up by evil globalists and shut down(not an exaggeration).
If you can go to rural areas there are still ye olde sweets shops and rustic places.
Im not sure what its like now. This place used to be really nice. I havent been to a city in years ive forgotten.

And i dont think you get the comment about too hats.
Every man wore a suit from the 50s and earlier.
Even the bums.

top hats*

oh yes i know , my grandma is still alive and she was born before WW2 (in 1923 if i remember correctly) , she's totally sane , has a good health and still remembers everything (even the time she got shot at in a field by Germans) , i think she regrets the time when people were closer to each others as well.

It depends what timeline you're refering to
For a long time (let's say prior to the XXth century) no one in the countryside had the luxury to go visit a big city and they did maybe twice in their entire lives unless they lived very close by
Everything back in the days was dictated by work, agricultural workers couldn't realistically leave their exploitation/employer to take go on vacation
and farmers made up between 70 and 80% of the population

What I'm more interested in is what these guys did in their free time and it certainly wasn't going to the opera

we dont live in pre-industrial times anymore. The art in that video is after the train was invented.
You know having a beautiful country us something all citizens can enjoy unless you are in one of those commie shitholes where they bar you from travel between regions.