Why does the federal government keep funding this leftist garbage?

Why does the federal government keep funding this leftist garbage?

Attached: 9287015-large.jpg (380x274, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/programs/ask-me-another/?showDate=2018-10-26
youtube.com/watch?v=ltfEyR8nMaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I call in and ask them all of the time LIVE on air and they always say "we only get about 3% of our total budget from the federal gov"

They are politically biased and shouldn't receive ANY funds from tax payers.

That sounds nice to say, but the competetive advantage merely from avoiding taxes, let alone getting more free gibs on top of that is pretty substantial for a corporation of any real size. In reality profit margins tend to be small enough that 3% or so is the difference between staying afloat and having to reorganize or or downsize.

NPR is the bigger trash heap. PBS manages to put on some non-biased apolitical content.

Oh, c'mon. NPR has turned itself into a lulzfest. I put it on all the time for lols unless it's something that's just plain insufferable like fresh air or whatever.

OP is in my head

Didn't realize that the PBS logo was the NPC meme.

Was just listening to it, tuned in midway so don't have full context, but some fag was talking about playing SpongeBob in a Broadway adaptation and tired to relate it to some anti-Trump BS about saving the world from evil. It was equal parts lulz and rage listening to that.

I listen to NPR all the time. It keeps me current on what the wannabe sophisticated middle class lefty fee-fee NPCs are thinking. It's what constitutes most of my friend group. Yeah, I know but I grew up with these people.

pbs is cool, fuck you.

You'd rather 'let the freemarket' decide and have your kids watch pervert family finger youtube kids spiderman elsa videos or seaseme street?

Sesame street is the biggest pile of brainwashing garbage. Even when I was a child in the 80s it was like 25% entertaining and 75% really sleazy in some way I didn't yet understand.

I am a regular listener. Some of the shows are getting cringey, like 1A, replaces Diane Rheam. They can turn ANY topic into People of Color. I had to stop.

What is the alternative 24 hours news streaming source to NPR? BBC is just as trash and right wing talk radio isn't informative nor does it provide nearly as much content. Al Jazeera is good because they roast Israel and America all the time but they mostly cover third world topics I give zero shits about.

Isn't 1A the strangest thing? One moment it'll be almost shockingly even-handed and honest, but then you never know if it's going to just be like nuclear bluepills.

Found it, from about 19:30 to 20:50.
npr.org/programs/ask-me-another/?showDate=2018-10-26

Attached: B5DD8800-1BDA-4E2B-B29F-8A5FEEA2B8B7.png (1320x528, 38K)

Attached: 74E4773F-EE84-447E-994F-9378E152278C.png (600x350, 12K)

Its like 7% of their overall funding

This might be the most retarded shit I've read here today.

Yeah and mr rogers is really just gay propaganda.

telling people to be kind to your neighbor is really communist propaganda and the trolley entering the tunnel to make believe land is really a metaphor for sodomy.

You're actually a pathetic individual.

Whatever, keep paying the cable jew. I will be enjoying great shows such as nature and globe trekker for free with my antenna and without commericals.

Yes indeed. At first I was delighted to see a host who is a black who can speak proper English.
I would walk out of the room when they talk about China, and come back in two minutes later and droning on about women of color and their burdens. They must get paid a bonus for every time they can say the word “color”. The show is way too racialized it makes my head explode. maximum strength blue pills.

Nah, Mr. Rogers was pretty good. It was a little bit faggoty, but it didn't push Jewish crap really hard like Sesame St.

The host is black? Wow, I wouldn't have guessed. I thought he just had an unusually gregarious and resonant voice.

it's reporting based on verifiable evidence and reliable analysis, in other words facts and logic
any similarity to one party or another is purely coincidental

Attached: facts_are_leftist.png (742x748, 63K)

Not only black, he is gay.

>npr
>non player radio
the memes write themselves

OK, well that part is completely believable. I don't even stop to wonder if males on NPR are gay, even if they don't have huge gay lisps like Ari Shapiro.

I was just thinking that.

Attached: 1539955242625.png (800x668, 72K)

npr is funded by soros, not even joking

Wow, I'm surprised.

I mean seaseme street doesn't really push controversy. There's no gay characters, no trans characters, none of that shit.

The most controversial thing they've done in the last decade was introduce a character with autism. Aren't you happy to see people like yourself represented?

I watched a pretty neat documentary about ancient cities on PBS the other night

What? Sesame St. is nothing but pushing diversity characters, especially these days. I wouldn't have even really picked up on it back in the day if there was supposed to be an obviously gay character or whatever (notwithstanding the relatively innocent jokes we'd make about Burt and Ernie).

>Remembered PBS had a documentary on nude photography
>Showed bare ass
>Still censored out frontal nudity such as tits and pussy
>MFW

PBS is full of BS.

Attached: Butters Not Amused.jpg (272x252, 8K)

I live right on the border with NY and NPR is legitimately the best radio station I get in the car, Canadian radio is 95% top 40 music and 5% CBC which is the media branch of the government, it makes NPR sound like a George Lincoln Rockwell speech

okay, so show me a gay muppet , a chinese muppet, a jewish muppet, anything. You can't. legit the only thing they added was some afgan muppet for one episode.

The way you guys talk about CBC has gotten me curious to find out what it's all about. Even near the border I've never come across a Canadian radio station. Makes me wonder how it compares to BBC programming, which can really make your mind just melt right out of your ears.

They do it by allegory m8. They're fucking muppets. Half of them don't even entirely resemble people. And I'll say that the muppet portion of Sesame St. was in my opinion typically the best part of it aside from when they'd put them in some over-the-top situation to really pound at some obvious moral lesson in that overbearing Jewish way.

If you want to complain why don't you write to the poo in charge of the fcc you tard.

Do you even live in america? Why don't you show me a show with full frontal nudity that aired on tv. You can't; and btw you're a cunt with extreme cognitive dissonance.

>Why don't you show me a show with full frontal nudity that aired on tv.

What is The Sopranos? What is Game Of Thrones? They have frontal nudity.

Hell even Discovery channel back in the days had documentary shows on tribes and surgeries that showed nudity uncensored. You saw bare tits completely uncensored.

To maintain the two party dialectic.
Without direct mass propaganda supporting a Leftist narrative, populations will eventually all end up on the Right side of politics.

Attached: BeganToQuestion.jpg (1309x989, 187K)

Very this. NPR might blame the left or the right, but it will never blame the Jews or the establishment government.

Notice how they both constantly leech off of BBC for content.

Attached: DZOi3OuUQAAolp_.jpg (974x709, 62K)

I grew up in the UK, BBC seems pretty reasonable compared to the CBC.

It's broadcasts like this one 24/7
youtube.com/watch?v=ltfEyR8nMaI

if you think about it, the very concept of public services is leftist, especially something that isn't completely direly necessary like the arts or entertainment

it would be incredibly ironic if a publicly funded media outlet were conservative

The federal government shouldn't spend any money on PBS or NPR or giving aid to other countries. How in the world is this shit still allowed? The excuse I always here for foreign aid is so that the countries won't destabilize and attack us or something. fucking what? for all of human history weaker countries paid tributes to richer ones to not attack them, but now we are paying poor countries so they don't attack us? If NPR or PBS was even slightly right leaning you can bet your ass their funding would have dried up decades ago. They are both literally just DNC mouth pieces funded by my tax dollars.

Attached: 1450137499284.gif (500x348, 478K)

PBS has great YouTube stuff like PBS SpaceTime but Jow Forums is too retarded to understand basic calculus