Why the left can't meme, exhibit A

bostonmagazine.com/news/2018/10/26/gritty-picket-line/

Context: After seeing the successful appropriation of right wing 'mascot' meme pepe, antifa has attempted to appropriated Gritty, the Flyers' new mascot - probably because of it's psychotic appearance and anarchic vibe.

However, the left, in their boring, serious, realpolitik classwar-schtick, of course has to distance themselves from this mascot as soon as Gritty allows people to pass a picket line.

>Why this difference in play style?
We take what we want, and make it ours, no matter what anyone thinks, and no matter how anyone behaves. The reason for this is simple - We are not programmed to 'disavow' stuff or people when they don't conform to our very specific ideas of how things should be done. We have triple layers of nose-skin. We laugh instead of 'disavowing'.

Antifa, on the other hand, turns on their mascot almost immediately, just like they always turn on themselves at first opportunity. Because their idea of moral purity forces them to distance themselves from everything that 'soils' itself by behaving doubleplusungood.

Which one of these ideas seems to contain more long-term stability to you, Jow Forums?
The left can only live by finding new concepts to deconstruct, new things to ruin. They are, mentally, a nomad horde, and they build nothing that lasts.

Discuss.

Attached: GPDOM3P7AZHI3J7RJNSLKEUVYM.jpg (1400x934, 113K)

Let's just reappropriate gritty as our own duh.

Attached: gritty mccarthy.jpg (1440x960, 492K)

Fuck antifa for stealing our mascot for such a shitty purpose

t. Philadelphian

China will grow stronger and more communist regardless of how much you cry, alt-right.

Attached: 79be5f02ffc5c13a2cb44454a6a12d40b8f4c0c473641a22fe71e3ac3293a5c6.jpg (820x600, 334K)

Gritty is ours now.

Attached: GrittyKnows.jpg (1400x934, 133K)

Why the right can't meme.
It's just pepe and wojak

Attached: rightwing memes.png (894x823, 417K)

>postmodernist
>can't into archetypes
Meme flag checks out.

yeah well im gay now soo

Attached: 1897e11ac960941f64f210eafb23221a.jpg (512x592, 48K)

seig heil

Attached: heilgritty (2).jpg (1005x821, 234K)

Postmodernism is garbage.
I thought at least you got that one right, but while you shit on it, you also adopted it.
Which is, well, postmodern.
Fuck this garbage.

i've always been gay

Blasting AC to keep the rink frozen solid is perfect for a left wing hypocrite mascot.

Here to hijack your thread

I, nostradamu.0, pioneered what is now considered common colloquial on this board and other misc. topics such as: NPC, Incels, LARPing, IQ-realism, news-baiting, MDE's popularity (the 2010/11 spamming), anti & pro zionist propaganda, Jargoplexing thru means of various conceptual apparatuses, hyper-saturated absurdist memes (and every politicized / cultural niche's take), Rokos Basilisk, the rise of cryptocurrency, weird twitter, and many more.

I have lots of evidence to back up each individual claim and if there are any questions about what my predictions are for the next 5-10 years I'd be more than happy to share.

important note: I visit less than once a year so use this opportunity to get to know me.
I do not operate accounts on any platform.

Go away. Nobody would care about you even if what you said was true.
Memes speak for themselves. The originator is unimportant.

GRITTY BTFOS THE TRADE UNIONISTS

Attached: PicsArt_10-26-12.17.27.jpg (2158x1440, 320K)

GRITTY WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Attached: grittyno.png (1026x788, 863K)

BASED GRITTY

>less than once a year.
Just say every few years and if you pushed NPC then this would be at least your second this year.
Really guy?

Gritty gets plastered and fucks skanks then calls em dirt after he spits on em and kicks em to da curb. Go Flyers.

On the bright side the Flyers now have an excuse to get rid of that monstrosity.

Attached: gritty-npc.jpg (1400x934, 183K)

Fuck that disgusting mascot and its hockey team. Trying to "appropriate" a corporate sports mascot is retarded.

You could say the same thing about appropriating some frog from an obscure webcomic but that got Trump elected so

Attached: 1540507451048.png (800x1076, 478K)

Attached: 2kk93o.jpg (750x499, 109K)

It wasn't planned. We were just using him for shitposting purposes, and this crossed over into all our other activities, including political ones. Pepe didn't become explicitly right-wing until the Clinton campaign said he was.

Yeah no not really. Pepe was just like any other /b/ meme. It was supposed to here today, gone tomorrow. The specific 'feels good man' comic was posted on /b/ just to annoy people more than anything. Why it took off like it did is anyone's guess but there wasn't ever a concerted effort to meme Pepe as a right-wing symbol, it just happened.

Attached: 466px-Feels_good_man_full_comic.jpg (466x599, 61K)

We just posted Pepe a lot. Then Hillary literally declared war on a cartoon frog.

Attached: 514.png (293x318, 199K)

>fat
>crazy wide eyes
>open mouth smile
>thin disgusting ginger neckbeard
>rhymes with shitty, titty, itty bitty, litty

Incredible

>Orange skin

Praise Kek. We couldn't have chosen a better mascot for them it's perfect on every level.

lul'd

Imagine having to publicize your shitty "memes" via politically motivated journalism. these faggots dont even think these are supposed to be funny, its pure political manaeuvering with them

also

>white-dominated sport from a ghetto super liberal city

it's just too perfect

Attached: 2l4q4o.jpg (749x500, 104K)

Attached: Gritty.png (1354x490, 482K)

>I am 8 and what is this?

Attached: IMG_1838.png (1136x640, 1.15M)

But gritty is ugly, what is he even supposed to be?

Look at this fucking cringe-inducing faggotry

Attached: 47D613AC-BAD0-42DB-97B5-A0B51DF9AEF3.jpg (960x1200, 421K)

>the right cant meme
>posts wojaks from /biz

Attached: 1536710330620.jpg (512x394, 39K)

no

It's creative sterility

Attached: 4chan reposts.jpg (1200x6937, 1.77M)

Why does the left keep inciting violence?

We didn't "take" Pepe, everyone made their own little versions of him, including us, and the second lefties saw a Pepe with a Hitler mustache they lost their shit, declared Pepe a hate frog, and GAVE him to us without us every really trying to "take" him.

That's why Gritty doesn't really work. It's a forced meme. It's the same reason why you can't just give yourself a nickname, other people have to give it to you. leftypol saw success with Pepe and wanted a Pepe of their own, so they just declared that this dumb mascot is "their Pepe" and expected the memes to roll in.

They’re going to get the violence they want so badly sooner or later, and they’ll be crushed. It’s going to be great

Nope. wait. If hes nothing we do nothig. If it becomes unseperable from the left thats when you appropriate or mock duh

As it is now the mascot just looks dumb why would we want it associated with us?

That's where this is coming from? Fucking ANTIFA?

No wonder it's so gross.

Wait... I thought Gritty as a leftist icon was a troll meme Jow Forums autists started? Did lefties actually take up the cause?

Attached: 1540579474774.jpg (489x675, 50K)

the right can meme properly because we have no sacred cows
we can shock, we can offend...indeed that's our primary objective

Attached: RaceWar Johnny Minority Deport.png (933x562, 706K)

0/10

Scruffy muppet given a full body and agency after being controlled by a hand so long

The right can't meme
Based

>black gear
>orange
>beard

easily shoehorned into an ISIS beheading scene, color palette and all

Allahu Akbar

the left cannot meme simply because most memes originate from image boards and most image boards are right leaning.

>and most image boards are right leaning.
Kek, you clearly haven't been outside Jow Forums. Jow Forumsyps are despised outside of their containment board. Keep it that way.

herro, you Xi Jinping thot

Another leftwing retard with no idea what he’s talking about

i visit 8ch Jow Forums. that Jow Forums is twice the size of /leftypol/. what other image boards are heavily left leaning?

Hockey is a white mans sport.
>inb4 Jews make money off it
Why would the multicultural commies want to borrow from it?

Attached: D6149D2D-5C04-4E8E-B366-AE3233AC43A3.jpg (1125x1284, 408K)

This, take Gritty out to the woodshed already

>being this dimmy
>not turning up litty
this is why you can't hang with the gritty!
orange wave!

anuvva britty benny boy bites the bait, not based and not litty!

real sticky uh
hit em with da gritty uh
so litty uh
orange wave in my city uh

Us Jow Forumstards own Jow Forums

It's not the same, becausr pepe was an obscure comic character, not the corporate mascot of an nhl team. Do you really want to try to take over a corporate mascot? It's not going to work and it's a dumb idea, which is why the left sees no problem with it.

We also still have a significant presence on /tv/

>Communists using a direct product of capitalism, a character literally made by an advertising firm to generate profits, as their mascot

Absolute top kek

Attached: 1437060964305.jpg (541x498, 49K)

Ha! Yesss "Based Gritty" it is then...