What was it like to be on Jow Forums while Kony2012 was going on?

I hadn't discovered Jow Forums yet around that time. I'm willing to bet that people on this board had some fun with it.

Attached: 2013%2F03%2F05%2Fc7%2Fjosephkony.e47b2.jpg (950x534, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmE6JZaEJSk
youtube.com/watch?v=gIEj8rd-zoU
youtube.com/watch?v=KoCb-mLjDbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Was this related to the ice bucket challenge?

gay as fuck, desu

No, he was some guy from Africa. It had something to do with child soldiers. It was basically virtue-signalling SJW bullshit before SJWs were a thing.

remember when we finally reached 1 million likes on facebook and the african hunger and disease problems were immediately solved?

Genuinely curious. I came on here in 2015.

>Christian fag that started this then jacked off in public
This actually happened

KONY 2012 was fucking nuts
normies supported it, then it came out the whole thing was bullshit and they deleted all their facebook posts about it

only joke I remember was fb posts saying
>this guy is my hero
then someone would complain saying that's horrible, only to be countered with
>it's carl weathers, he's my hero, but for you all black people look alike?

Attached: predator-carl-weathers.jpg (1920x1080, 122K)

He's some warlord who has gone AWOL from facing war crimes for decades and the deepstate and shitlibs made a viral campaign around him to promote some gay documentary.

That shit was r*ddit as hell

>Fighting guerrilla war against CIA niggers
>Believes in both Jesus Christ and traditional Acoli spiritualism
>Is an ethno-nationalist
>60 wives and 42 children
Is Kony our guy?

Attached: Kony.png (1147x378, 55K)

Fun fact, right now this nigger is alive somewhere in the Dem Congo.

It was fun when the faggot took the bath salts and stripped nude in the streets

Hahaha, that's pretty damn funny.

Kek, that was probably the only thing that notified me on what Kony was.

I don't even really know why but my dear West Mongolia memed it quite much as synthesis with energy drink and debt memes.

youtube.com/watch?v=AmE6JZaEJSk
youtube.com/watch?v=gIEj8rd-zoU

The stupid thing about this Kony2012 bullshit is that Kony was presumed to be dead for years by then, or had been so deep innajungle that he was never heard of.

When that many kids go missing its always supported and bankrolled by the nonce world order

So I'm guessing you just saw Internet Historian's video?

it was fucking gay and im pretty sure people were still using digg which is an older version of the site you should be on known an plebbit

everyone was to concerned with 2012 conspiracy to care about some nog killing nogs

Thr Carl Weathers post was probably the biggest laugh i had.

I dont remember it here. Sure it actually happened in 2012 and wasnt just "lets all make sure we fix this by 2012'? So hard to place dates these days, information overload.

Tried this
Didn't work sadly

It was the biggest joke of its time. It gave meaning to the lives of thousand of brain-dead hipsters.
It was a total con

It was in 2012 yes

“Jackin it in San Diego” - Stan Marsh

You're actually correct. It popped up on my feed and I was like "oh yeah, I remember that shit."

I was in college back then. When people brought the Kony thing up, I would say: "Kony for president." That always pissed the right people off, while most people didn't even know what it was about, and a handful found it hilarious.

Those those exact same losers are the "resistance" against Trump. Things were better when they had bullshit causes like this to bitch and whine about.

Must have missed the threads, I dont remember any.

Naa wasn't the main dot point that it was all fabricated and everyone found out? And a bunch of celebritiu had been shilling it and everyone dontayed money to stuff..and kony never existed

Also... >2012

Fucking newfags that came across from Reddit, Jesus Christ

Hahahhaah I still don't know which one is the real Kony...

I like how the guy was jacking it due to "exhaustion". That guy is a legend.

Yeah, I'm sorry. Back then I didn't care about Internet shit at all. I was in college while working in a bar on off hours, always working hard but it felt like cruising through life. I had fun, had lots of friends, and got laid all the time. I probably drank and got high more than I should have, but it was all in the name of good fun. Life was simple and good. Very little stress.

Ever since I'm in the workforce, I get my joy out of reading Jow Forums while I'm taking a dump at work or back at home when I can't fall asleep. It's kinda sad now I think about it... Life was just so much nicer when I was in my early 20s. Sure, I was broke and lived together with two savages, but that was okay. Things were simple and I felt like I was free. Like I somehow had the world by the balls and that everything was possible.

I've been extremely tired in my life many times, desu. None of those times I felt any urge to go do that.

Lot of top level phone conferences happened involving the top brass at the pentagon and hollywood elite.

youtube.com/watch?v=KoCb-mLjDbs

Some memes are too pristine to translate. Joni and the debts is one of those memes.

The whole humanitarian fad about him and the child solders was to Ghadaffi him so oil companies could drill the for oil ( duh )

It was a good wake up slap that most overly popular ideas involving "helping " are actually just barely concealed campaigns by economic powers