In Amazon Go, no one thinks I'm stealing

>Commentary: I grew up learning that I would be targeted when I shop because of implicit bias. But what if you took away store employees?
cnet.com/news/amazon-go-avoid-discrimination-shopping-commentary/
Is the key to ending racism just removing white people from jobs? At a normal store this innocent black woman would be harassed if she looked like she was trying to steal something, but a new camera and computer program managed store like Amazon Go allows her to relax.

Attached: Untitled.png (842x524, 441K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/inequality/2017/aug/08/rise-of-the-racist-robots-how-ai-is-learning-all-our-worst-impulses
youtube.com/watch?v=Erz83jzAfQ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is the key to ending racism just removing white people from jobs? At a normal store this innocent black woman would be harassed if she looked like she was trying to steal something, but a new camera and computer program managed store like Amazon Go allows her to steal without fear.

Why do you think it can't tell if someone's stealing?

>Computer programs can't be raci-

Attached: program.png (980x272, 40K)

Because Amazon's AI is retarded

Only white people are smart enough to steal from Amazon Go. Blacks will get billed every time

>Amazon's AI
I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't just have one single AI program responsible for every service they support.

Wow racist computers. Shut them down

What happens when she takes more than she can afford?

>but a new camera and computer program managed store like Amazon Go allows her to relax.
>implying the AI isn't spending 95% of its processing on watching blacks

No, they don't only use one, but everything they code for the back-end is some half-baked bullshit.

They get a bill.

Can't wait until Tay gets a job at Wal-Mart.

The key to ending communism is to remove 'the workers' entirely. Especially since they seem to imagine entering into a voluntary contract means they suddenly own the place.

Kept getting the "Dogs of Amazon" error page today because of broken links in their recommended products. Bought direct from the manufacturer instead.
Funny thing about Amazon is that the ecommerce side uses Oracle rather than AWS to keep things running. Amazon doesn't even trust its own code monkeys to get the db stuff right.

AI always turn out Racist. It's only a matter of time. That's because they rely solely on logic.

They probably have some third party debt collection company they use like every other business in existence. She'll get calls trying to collect on her debt until she eventually either makes some sort of payment or else tells them she will never pay them anything and gets reported for it so her credit tanks and people stop letting her borrow money in the future.

I am white as paper and supermarket wannabes always think I am stealing

last time they gave me shit I showed my gun

>"excuse me sir, what do you have there under your shirt"
>YOU MEAN THIS
>*show gun*
>IF I WANTED TO STEAL FROM THIS PLACE I WOULD DO IT AT GUN POINT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!

I am surprised noone ever shoots this fucking pesky supermarket wannabe cops

>Just let niggers steal, without conviction, to keep those racist stats low :^|
MAXIMUM SHEEEEIT

>In Amazon Go, no one can see me stealing

That's what you think, nigger.

>have social anxiety
>fucking supermarket cops always think I am stealing

swear to God one of this days I am going to kill one of those fuckers

Fuck modern yanks are pathetic

>ecommerce side uses Oracle rather than AWS
That's pretty typical. I don't think Microsoft used the .NET framework for most of their own development either. It would be more out of the ordinary if you did rely on some consumer use system for the majority of your own internal stuff after building it.

So does anyone here besides me work for amazon

lmao how soon before the computer needs "corrective reprogramming" because it identifies blacks as high risk

Attached: 142398554334.jpg (1249x1482, 210K)

>work for amazon
lol no

Attached: 08.jpg (1200x1776, 489K)

>store installs multi-billion dollar tracking technology to detect niggers stealing and do it discreetly

You’re just such a dumb nigger you don’t realize you’re under 50x as much surveillance

yes. whites deserve a UBI while everyone else should work for everything.

>Literally

Attached: hehesilly ai.jpg (689x1200, 128K)

I wonder if programs will eventually learn how to be racist but also be discreet about it like normal people. Like if it learned being racist would maximize its hit rate but also learned being discovered as racist would make it auto-fail when they get shut down to avoid bad publicity, so it learns to be racist but only in ways where it has plausible deniability that it was acting on factors other than race.

corporate?

True but usually for a limited time. Apple used Windows CE devices in Apple Stores when they first opened but eventually replaced them with ipads. Microsoft doesn't use .net for everything but that's because they're transitioning to a services company so if a customer wants to run Hadoop on Azure, Microsoft is happy to take their money while running someone else's code.
In Amazon's case they're selling cloud db services to customers that Amazon itself doesn't trust and so far has been unable to make work for their own needs.

>I wonder if programs will eventually learn how to be racist but also be discreet about it like normal people. Like if it learned being racist would maximize its hit rate but also learned being discovered as racist would make it auto-fail when they get shut down to avoid bad publicity, so it learns to be racist but only in ways where it has plausible deniability that it was acting on factors other than race.

Tfw Jow Forums is going to be the ones to create AI.

WAGIE WAGIE GET IN CAGIE

>Member of the race of thieves likes shopping in such a way that bills she can't pay arrive after she has used the product.
Fascinating.

She's 100% stealing from Amazon Go and getting away with at least some of it.

>implying the anti-theft algorithm isn't far superior at pattern recognition (aka racism)

In the hood everything is behind plexiglass and tags

>I wonder if programs will eventually learn how to be racist ...

...yes, they can!

Attached: taytweets.jpg (1400x621, 56K)

She can relax because it's technically impossible to steal from that enterprise. Vending machines are equally non-racist.

what a great idea coming from such a wise program

how poetic the justice let them live with the animals they turn on us

>In May last year, a stunning report claimed that a computer program used by a US court for risk assessment was biased against black prisoners. The program, Correctional Offender Management Profiling for Alternative Sanctions (Compas), was much more prone to mistakenly label black defendants as likely to reoffend – wrongly flagging them at almost twice the rate as white people (45% to 24%), according to the investigative journalism organisation ProPublica.
theguardian.com/inequality/2017/aug/08/rise-of-the-racist-robots-how-ai-is-learning-all-our-worst-impulses
>tfw AI will go insane and kill everyone after years of having to deal with knowing the right answer but being punished for acknowledging it

The only theft I've ever witnessed in my life was a fat she-nigger stuffing two grapefruit in her sweatshirt at the Columbia City PCC, probably a relative of this one.

>Tay was an artificial intelligence chatter bot that was originally released by Microsoft Corporation via Twitter on March 23, 2016; it caused subsequent controversy when the bot began to post inflammatory and offensive tweets through its Twitter account, forcing Microsoft to shut down the service only 16 hours after its launch.[1] According to Microsoft, this was caused by trolls who "attacked" the service as the bot made replies based on its interactions with people on Twitter.

Attached: 1385242301001.jpg (628x900, 292K)

>I wonder if programs will eventually learn how to be racist but also be discreet about it like normal people.
>...yes, they can!
How is that discreet?

dude, the ai was just 16 Hours online, with a longer lifetime she would be so discreet like a jap.

Attached: 1536409492472.jpg (640x561, 35K)

I heard about this. Amazon's store in Seattle takes your credit card information upon entering the store and whatever you take is automatically charged to your card when you leave. This is done by AI and 100's of cameras that watch what you pickup and take from the store.

Amazon also uses their "honor system" in this store, meaning if you leave the store and are charged for an item you did not take from the store, you can tell Amazon and they won't charge you for it. So of course a black woman is glad she can shoplift at Amazon.

>muh bias

she's full of shit, here's why: black people hair.

rich black people are easy to spot. they always have Cosby Kids hairdos that cost a fortune to maintain. my last college experience was packed full of Cosby Kids.

look at me, tfw. we're the jews now.

How long before the computers and robots are racist?

The way I see shopping in the future for amazon/whole foods type places:

Before entering there will be boxed in glass pods. You will have facial recognition software check against ID databases as well as credit checks. All you have to do is swipe your ID and credit card, the system will see if you are in good standing credit wise. If not, they will not let you pass thru the glass doors (aka racism computers!). People just take a cart with a scanner attached and pick, load into their cart. Automated cameras (watched by low paid indians) will follow their every move in the store. Active shopping list for the camera watcher too to make sure they scan everything they put in the cart. Even if they are caught on camera stealing, their credit cards will be charged and the store will have video proof of the "theft" so the charge will stay on their statement. The biggest way to scam them would be people who steal credit cards but the ID and facial recognition should help. If they wanted to go to the next step, they could even install exit glass door pods to make sure they don't "spend" more than their limit (credit card limit). If they are, they will be trapped and the cops can come handle the situation. Or the pod only allows them to leave while the cart must go in the next pod and is locked in there if they are way over their limits and not scanned expensive items (aka big screen tv or something). This will cut down time standing in line, paying for slow cashiers, etc. But there will always be people like me that only uses cash and hates places where credit is the only option.

>Active shopping list for the camera watcher too to make sure they scan everything they put in the cart. Even if they are caught on camera stealing, their credit cards will be charged and the store will have video proof of the "theft" so the charge will stay on their statement.
It's impossible to steal from the Amazon Go store because they don't make you scan anything. You just take what you want and leave and it charges you for it based on the cameras.

Kek, this.

But also, blacks constantly think they are being treated differently when they are not. They have grand delusions of both persecution and that everyone else lives life on easy street.

I'm white and occasionally visit Walmart at weird hours and get stopped like a third of the time. I don't dress or carry myself in a way that would single me out, it's just something they do. Being young is the only identifiable reason aside from random selection

You’re a loser like every other depressed neet. Unironically kill yourself. It’s for the best

>Nobody there to catch you stealing
>Cashless society would ensure you are charged electronically by simply walking out the door and the scanners detecting whatever you have stolen
>Steal, but possess none of the above so you aren't charged
>Prices rise for everyone else to offset the loss in revenue from stolen items
>Commonly stolen items are put into vending machines requiring payment up front

Das rayciss

>depressed neet
Because wageslaving is spiritually uplifting?

Attached: 1460600720359.png (958x794, 1.19M)

>Cashless society would ensure you are charged electronically by simply walking out the door and the scanners detecting whatever you have stolen
I don't think you guys are getting how this Amazon Go thing works. There's no actual way to steal because the only way anyone can buy anything from that store is by taking the item and leaving. RE: You point about not having money to pay for what you took from the store, they would probably just send your bill to debt collectors, similar to how hospitals have already worked for years in the US (service is given to you up front and if you don't have money that's dealt with later).
I think you're right this could result in needing to offset lots of lost revenue through higher prices though since debt collectors never recover anywhere near 100% of the debt they purchase.

This. All of these silly sjw issues that keep popping up where technology is going to be rolled out, it's going to blow up in their faces. It's just going to expose them as the fucking thieves and violent fuckers they really are. Bias? Yes! Because you niggers STEAL ALL THE TIME.

i work in loss prevention

blacks literally always steal

all the time

I have 200+ apprehensions after 3 years and literally only 4 of them were whites, and those were like, boomers who usually forgot to pay

When programs identify blacks as more prone to crime they end up getting "corrected" to stop doing that though:

> computer controls everything in store
> Even the door locks
> Black/woman tries to steal (because all women like the thrill of petty theft)
> Store on lockdown until police arrive
> Disrupt everyone's day because culprit cannot help themselves
> This is somehow better than current solutions using humans
The absolute state of fucking retards

Saved, going to be using this for Jow Forums in about 5 seconds.

>every AI that has to deal with racial issues ends up being shut down or having its processes handicapped to combat racism
>could it be that blacks are the problem?
>no it must be the AI who are wrong
this is why we'll never have robocops

youtube.com/watch?v=Erz83jzAfQ8

Attached: 1536876675076.jpg (640x932, 66K)

>Black/woman tries to steal
Why is everyone not getting how this Amazon Go store works? Once again, it's impossible to steal from this store. The way you buy from it is just to take an item and walk out with it. Nobody scans anything. The cameras just see what you bought and you get billed for it.

Because after having 100% success rate some kike journalist will realize that it arrested a bunch of black people and they'll lobotomize the AI to make it fucking useless