Hey Britfags! Tell me more about your cuisine!

So I had a shepherd's pie for the first time in my life, and I must say...well done lads. Hearty, filling, really sticks to your ribs. I'm not interested in kebabs or pajeet food, and I already know about fish and chips and haggis. What other British dishes would you recommend to a foreigner?

Attached: Shepherd's Pie.jpg (600x600, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasty#Cornish_pasty
deliciousmagazine.co.uk/collections/best-of-british-recipes/
pinterest.co.uk/pin/66498531982756094/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Beef Wellington is the greatest dish in human existence.

you've got like 4 good things kdont get your hopes too high it's all just those same things rearranged. great now im craving stew

On the list, keep them coming.

Attached: beef wellington.jpg (616x462, 47K)

Yeah, but it's fucking good, and if there are any organ meat dishes, I'd like to know them. Grew up on a farm and ate organ meat, and not I try to stick to a Paleo/Keto diet that makes me ravenous for that shit.

Attached: Chicken-and-Leek-Pie-9.jpg (3816x2328, 1.22M)

Attached: gxw2cxet82f01.jpg (1511x2005, 724K)

Please dont enjoy our food america.
You'll only make an even worse version and then franchise it before selling it back to us

Yes! I try to stick to a paleo/keto diet, but I am a sucker for meat pies.

British breakfast is definitely on the list, what are the black sausage looking things under the eggs. There's no restaurant in the area that serves it, so I'll have to make it myself.

Try SHORTCRUST steak pie

Attached: family-pie.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

Not Poodle.

Attached: 4E65CC4E-55BD-4321-8F94-302DCF4BEC7D.jpg (220x240, 22K)

No love for the steak and kidney?

>our food
>food
Nice try.

Thanks fellas, both on the list. What would you consider a real "high end" British meal. If I were to go to a restaurant, it would cost me a pretty penny.

At least it doesnt make us shit ourselves in public places user

Attached: 1540683307840.png (1545x961, 50K)

Look at this and tell me that isn't leaps and bounds better than American fast food. Maybe I just like hearty cuisine, but I can't fucking stand fast food. This looks like a great dish for winter.

Attached: steak and kindey.jpg (980x551, 102K)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasty#Cornish_pasty
Try making some different types of these.

You could try >deliciousmagazine.co.uk/collections/best-of-british-recipes/

That would be a ten bird roast.
Bird in a bird in a bird...etc.
Most of them would be locally shot wild pheasant and duck
Chips are optional

Try this if you like hearty food. The dumplings are the most important part.

>pinterest.co.uk/pin/66498531982756094/

A steamy chav before bedtime is delicious.

If I lived in Britain I'd defeinetly be a fat ass from eating so many meat pies. Shit looks good, thank you.

Duck is delicious. I hope to go to Britain next year, and I'll definitely try it.

Thank you! Added to the list.

Attached: Cornish_pasties_at_Cornish_bakehouse.jpg (1280x720, 200K)

I prefer steak and Guinness pie. kidneys add a flavor i don't like. I don't even like Guinness, but the pie is delicious.

You dont know what "a steamy chav" is do you?

Attached: image.jpg (352x352, 36K)

Beef wellington.

Attached: beef-wellington.jpg (900x506, 103K)

Yorkshire puddings. Super airy little dainties. Put some gravy on them from your roast beef.

Attached: 1415894499579.jpg (616x462, 54K)

Think I'm going to open a can of corn beef hash now.

I've had lamb and Guinness stew before and it was quite good, so I'd assume a steak and Guinness pie would be good as well. Never had a steak and kidney pie, but I do like organ meat, so I'm going to give a shot.

Also to be fair, if you go to england you can get the best indian food in the world. including india.

Seconding this.

Also, steak and kidney pudding, and a proper British fryup.

Attached: steak and kidney pud.jpg (700x700, 124K)

That's the recipe I'm going to use. The spinach in that looks phenomenal.

I'll research them. If they go well with roast beef than I'll definitely like them!

Black pudding is Irish shit. It's never on a traditional fryup - it turned up in trucker caffs in the 80s that were run by pikeys but it's traditionally NOT part of a fryup. Just ignore it.

Oh you've been throughout India also. Bravo.

Sage

Try 'toad in a hole'
Good for winter

Beef Wellington really is the best ever.

That's the problem with Anglos , you eat too much offals. Kidneys and black pudding and other shit like that. I hate offals. Also English breakfast is fucking destructivr for your health. The amount of salt it has singlehandedly goes over the daily recommended dose. Especially if the beans are canned.

And we're fiercely proud of it.
India maybe be world number 1. But our indian food is definitely a solid number 2

Attached: image.jpg (320x320, 38K)

Indian food isn't even good for the most part.

Just researched it. I've never had blood sausage before, and I don't know of any place in my area where I could get it. But I'll admit that you guys don't fuck around with breakfast, and I like that mushrooms are included, so I'm definitely planning on making it.

I'm an american who has lived two years in London. A good british breakfast with saveloy sausage, eggs, toast, pan seared mushrooms, 'bacon', and baked beans was a dietary staple.

fish and chips from cod is good.

Look into any thing by Marco Pierre White, the greatest chef whose ever lived aside from Escoffier. Well maybe not quite the greatest, but definitely the coolest. One of his signature dishes was pig's trotter (foot).

Attached: mw237119.jpg (586x800, 129K)

Yorkshire puddings are super easy to make but you need beef dripping to roast them in. You can use the same batter to make this truly British work of art as well. You MUST have this with onion gravy. That's essential.

Attached: toad in the hole.jpg (846x1101, 328K)

thats a proper fry up.

Nobody cares what you think, Frog. People who eat fucking snails don't get an opinion on anything. Fuck off.

stargazy pie
when you need to puke

Attached: english food.jpg (800x600, 126K)

>go well with roast beef

o boy you are going to like these

You put the beef and other parts of a roast dinner together inside of it with something called 'stuffing'

Attached: 1479611638434.jpg (526x568, 46K)

>pinterest.co.uk/pin/66498531982756094/
this board has gone to shit this thread is proof
no liocense needed

Attached: brits go insane 13.png (770x559, 572K)

brits are fucking gross

Attached: 1200px-Eels_1385.jpg (1200x900, 133K)

And your French? I know for a fact that the French eat organ meat and love pate.

with a dessert

Attached: english food - jellied eel.jpg (550x413, 89K)

I'm gonna try my hand at steak and kidney pie sometime soon.

Well to be honest it mostly poor people food from Victorian era, and English breakfast is Max once a week, same as French don't survive off continental breakfast everyday

Attached: 1540252655168.png (543x417, 515K)