How long for burn scars to completely fade?

I spilt boiling milk on my thigh about a year ago but didn't leave it under cold water long enough
now I've got this hideous scar on my leg
am I fucked?

Attached: IMG_20180401_103627.jpg (3120x4160, 2.75M)

It may never, depending on how bad the burn was. I know there are creams and stuff that can help with it, but that time may have already passed on that. Worst case scenario, I believe there are more expensive ways to get rid of it.

shit
how disgusting does it look?
am I overreacting?
would it turn people off?
it's not even an aesthetic shape

I know more than a couple of guys who would fine that hot. Then again most of those same guys would probably be just as turned on if that was shit on your legs instead of a burn.

But to answer your question it looks mostly fine. Not something to get super worked up over.

It would never even factor into any decision I made with you. It's one of those things where I'd see it, think "Oh, that's a thing." and never think much of it again unless having a conversation specifically about it.

No sane person would care at all

Why the fuck where you boiling milk

You are overreacting. It's not that bad and nobody will really care. It would be acknowledged but it won't make you less attractive.

for breakfast you beansprout

It'll fads in time too OP, I burned myself bad on ramen noodles and didn't cool it all took 3 years to go away

Yea, didn't answer my question.
WTF breakfast food is there where you need to boil milk.

weetabix, granola, muesli I don't remember exactly what I had for breakfast over a year ago, user
at least there's hope then

I had stomach surgery 6 years ago, and I know surgical scars are different from burns but I was told within a couple years it would significantly reduce in size.

Shit hasnt changed at all and its about 1 1/2 inch wide by 6-7 inches down my stomach.
Luckily I'm a guy so I dont really give a shit.

i have vitiligo, pick related but on my legs only. I got it a couple of years ago and people mostly think its fine, i do too. I think of it as of a tattoo, once its there its there. i think you should view your burns the same way.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 5K)

This. If my friend had this when we went to the beach, I wouldn't bat an eye, maybe ask how they got in the case of it being a close friend. If my girlfriend had this I wouldn't give a shit either. If it didn't make her uncomfortable I'd probably kiss it when being intimate to prove I was still attracted to her.

Be grateful you're not a loser like me. I cut myself when I was like 14 and now I've got a physical red flag that I can never remove.

Okay you can tree those herbal oils for it but it may never actually leave you.

Honestly I wouldn't trust those "herbal oils", they seem like a waste of money.

Not a deal breaker and its a story to tell.

You’re overreacting, but I’d totally understand you being reluctant to wear a bikini. It’s more a problem for you than for guys.

If it’s your aesthetic you could cover it up with a tattoo. Women do that shit with basically every scar. I’ll just say though, for me, a tat would be a deal breaker; the scar would not be.

It's a slight discolouration of skin, it literally means nothing

Cany ou please, please, please show us more? Please, girl.

looks fine. curious, what do you have to do to prevent a scar like this from happening after you've burned yourself though?

>girl

>what do you have to do to prevent a scar like this from happening after you've burned yourself though?
Everything you can do to minimize scarring is stuff you do in the first few moments after the burn occurs. If you're hit with scalding hot liquid, the most important thing you can do to minimize tissue damage is to remove any remaining hot liquid from the area ASAP. This is usually done by (1) removing clothing that has soaked up the hot liquid, and (2) cooling the burned area with cold water. The first step is far and away the most effective and most important thing, and honestly, you should be doing this almost reflexively.

What OP says about not rinsing the burn long enough in cold water is probably BS though. It's not like the flesh itself retains that excess temperature for a significant period of time. The rinsing does more to numb the pain than actually remove excess heat from the burned flesh. Really the main thing I think it does is remove any hot residue from the skin, which might be important if the burn was from superheated oil, or maybe if it was a severe third degree burn and the upper layers of tissue were heated such that they were conducting dangerous amounts of heat into the nearby tissue. With most burns this isn't a concern, but in the third degree range it probably is.

run it under really cold water for at least 10 minutes ideally straight after the burn
I left it too long and only put it under the shower for about 5

>at least 10 minutes
Yeah this is unnecessary if you've gotten your clothing off quickly enough and the substance was a boiling water-based liquid (i.e., boiling point around 212ºF). If it were very hot oil (i.e., 350ºF+) and the burn was that size, I could see that as being necessary to prevent further damage. It shouldn't help with scarring though, and the main purpose would be mitigating the acute pain.

CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE

I want to rest my head on those thighs.