Why did it shock people that looks matter for getting women?

Why did it shock people that looks matter for getting women?

Attached: file.png (500x383, 370K)

thats not the shock
the shock is knowing how much it matters and the fact that you dont stand a chance
look at it like this, as an ugly man you would be lucky to get an ugly woman but thats not all because ugly women wait and take their chances and get lucky from time to time so you have to settle for ugly women who are also bad people and will try to hurt you
basically someone nobody can stand
and its either loneliness or getting hurt by someone with a lot of resentment looking for an outlet (and that outlet is you)

They're really shocked by the disparity between men and women's standards for looks, and are unable to deal with this. They've also been fed that lie since 2nd grade.

Please at least be creative when baiting the easiest boards like /adv.

Attached: backto r9k.jpg (640x821, 119K)

why should ugly guys even be able to get beautiful girls

People who freak out & complain about this stuff online aren't shocked by it. In a weird way, they actually take comfort in this idea, even though it causes them pain. It's an excuse to avoid the hard work of self-improvement, and to avoid admitting the deficiencies in their personality & behavior that they actually could control if they wanted to. Instead, they can blame all their problems & failures in life on something that isn't their fault, that they can't control. They can get together in their little Jow Forums circle-jerk threads and reassure each other that it's not even worth trying because women are all superficial whores.

there's a universal appeal to the "victim" mindset for incompetent, unpleasant people of all races, genders, etc. Pick one part of yourself that you couldn't possibly change, and pretend that it's the only reason people don't like you, because that makes it their fault instead of yours.

did you read the post at all?

That's not the shock, the shock is what women consider "ugly" now. A lot of normie women, and o mean true turbo normie women not what most of you consider "normie" on here, will only accept a certain type of man. Now, 95% of the male population is considered unattractive to a lot of women, the same women who themselves are 5-7s at best WITH makeup on. It's the fact that we're not good enough and are being harshly judged by people basically in the same position as us. It's frustrating, very discouraging, and leads to a lot of bitterness and resentment with no real outlet for those feelings. Add on top of that, at least impo, that women can't even be courteous or civilized with men they don't see attractive enough. I feel like my quality of life is affected because women treat me "less than" because I'm "unattractive". When I can't even exist around women without them treating me poorly, I feel I'm warranted to be shocked or upset.

>admitting the deficiencies in their personality & behavior that they actually could control if they wanted to
Why changing it when it's irrelevant as looks are what matters in the end?

do ugly landwales that nobody loves really come to Jow Forums to bust their ego by lying to themselves and thinking that anyone here wants them?

Looks matter, but they're not the only thing that matters, and they're not the top priority for all women. If you would just open your eyes and look around you would see that is absolute bullshit, there are plenty of average-looking and even ugly guys who have relationships and do well socially with women. They have other things going for them.

Learn to focus on things that make you happy, find things you're good at, and make those things a central part of your life. It'll improve your outlook and that will improve the way that other people see you. But if you've just given up on your own life and you're just wallowing in bitterness and self-pity, how can you expect anybody to want to be around that?

I don't understand the shock, ugly guys get ugly women or none at all, it's how it's supposed to be, it's how it is, nothing wrong with that, ugly people shouldn't be able and are NOT able to get beautiful people, unfortunately a few still cheat with money

Every woman can find A man, some men can find A woman.

A friend of mine once asked if there was any point in living if you can't slay attractive women easily.

I kinda get him, fucking hot bitches is so ideal.

I don't want fat or ugly girls and I don't think glorified prostitutes that only date your for money are worth

I want the beautiful girls I was promised

Who promised you that? this is your real issue, YOU are deeply superficial and judgmental, and you assume everybody else thinks the same way you do. And if that's what you want, do your thing, but don't act like it's anybody's fault but your own

>Every woman can find A man
thats why marriage numbers keep climbing? because last i heard you need 1 woman and 1 man to make a couple
every whore can find a dick to suck or maybe some black guy to drug her, whore her around to his friends and leave her pregnant and alone

True, also, look at Francisco Lachowskie's wife. She isn't physically ugly by any means, I'm just saying.

Every landwhale can find some desperate loser, most desperate losers can't find a crackwhore.

What the fuck

Brown poster plz go back to your country of origin

enjoy your desperate loser then, im sure that will make you happy sweetheart.
You cant have anything else tho because you are utterly worthless

>Who promised you that?
Everyone? Everyone said you could get the beautiful girls only by "knowing how to talk", I can get only fat girls

It's not anyone's fault, just biology
What?

They help. There's more to attraction than looks. That's also pretty objective.

If you want to be all biology about it I'll put it this way.

Looks = symmetry and good proportions which implies good genes therefore good mating partner because the children can survive better.

Intelligence, confidence, strength, social ability, skills, interests, abilities, also play a factor in showing you're functioning well, and indicating your child will do fine when the tigers come or the plague or what have you.

And one other unseen factor is genetic chemistry. You heard of pheremone? Yeah.. contains genetic info.

You could have none of those and yet another persons brain could analyse your scent and find that the math will actually work out well.

And then a final factor is the fact though we're still.instinctive we also use our heads a bit.

Some people don't give a fuck at all. They want their best friend plus a penis/vagina.

You could also just whine and be all woe is you and reject this information and cry about it in your room for life, join red pill and be forever abhorent to anyone with half a grip on reality, let alone women.

See, you saying looks matter refutes my argument. Any other trait only "matters" once looks are satisfied, and looks are only satisfied in a majority of women if you're well above average.

The thing is you're probably not subtle, and girls can tell when you're only talking to them to try to get in their pants. Have you ever met somebody who obviously wants something from you, and they're acting like a fake friend to try to manipulate or trick you into giving what they want? NOBODY likes to be treated like that. The "fat girls" don't like it either, they're just lonely enough to take whatever attention they can get

have you ever even had a real friend who was female?

>you could get the beautiful girls only knowing how to talk
No. If you're an ugly son of a bitch you need a combination of these
>an actual likeable personality
>capable of maintaining yourself through a decent job
>A good sense of fashion
>Good hygiene
>Good hairstyle
>Good social skills
>Deep knowledge of human emotions and how to efficiently respond to them
If you're handsome you need maybe some social skills I dunno.

If you're determined to be hopeless, that's your choice man. there's no sense in me repeating shit I've already said, because you're only going to hear what you want to hear. You know perfectly well that real life contradicts your worldview and proves you wrong every single day, but good things only happen when you're willing to try

Furthermore, sure some average and ugly men do well socially with women, but those are the same guys who have either repressed their male biology to the point that they don't see women as potential mates(the way all women want their nice little beta cucks to be), or are so painfully unaware of their social standing that they make fools of themselves and are ridiculed by their peers behind their backs. You and I damn well know this is the truth

That's complete fucking bullshit but what do you know? You are a woman, you never had to experience any hardship in your life

Prove me wrong.

You're bitter and cynical, you don't like people, and that's why they don't like you either. Because they're not as dumb or oblivious as you think, and you're not as clever as you think. This is why you're Team Peep

I've seen good looking dudes bomb hard. In fact they too fail more than they succeed. The difference is they probably did get the odd shallow slut so they're a little more confident and try harder.

But I'll tell you I knew and was good friends with a guy who was so good looking I questioned my sexuality. Just a killer.

Dude struck out left right and center because he'd open with whining about how lonely he is.

When he did get a girl, it was a matter of days before he'd break out into "I have a great feeling about you! My loneliness is over! We'll be together a long time I know it" and she'd fuck right off.

You can't be a social retard to get a gf.. it'll work for the odd hook up but that shit gets old.

I've seen fat ugly people run circles around him with their success rates..

You can trust me. I'm 30 and I go outside.. I've seen it a million times.

I had some female friends but there was nothing sexual about it

It's just bizarre the amount of people who genuinely believe looks are almost even irrelevant for getting beautiful women, even on Jow Forums, a place supposed to be "redpilled"

Guys legitimately believe you can be ugly and get gorgeous women just by talking to them, it's just bizarre, this whole world is lost to the bluepill

Attached: 3.jpg (500x332, 23K)

I'm a man, I'm pretty average-looking, and I've been through far worse things than loneliness or rejection. Nice job jumping to conclusions though. This is why you're Team Peep

People didn't like me well before I started not liking them back

It's all about the face.

>I'm a man
No you are not
I don't care what you where born as, you where raised as a woman so for all intents and purposes you are one
Never tell anyone you are a man again, you are not allowed to

Mini is always right

Pathetic

it just doesnt help anyone its so obvious that denying it makes more sense at least for ones sanity

That's exactly what you are get out of my face

It's make believe also reinforced by PUA's and the likes, whose business model is dependent on men believing that it's worth buying their trainings/books regardless of what they personally bring to the table. Say "yeah okay if you've got a gut, no jawline and are looking for women half your age that's not going to work out" and you lose a prime source of desperate customers with good income to spend.

>I know you are but what am I??
>HAHA I won the argument!!!
>my prize is that I'll keep wallowing in self-pity and give up on my own life
>woo hoo that'll show him

You know, women ain't so different from men. So jus think about it. Imagine if you were a woman, what kind of guy would you want to date? The ugly, mean midget or the laid back, charismatic Chad?

Maybe if an ugly girl has an extremely good personality you might choose her. But most of the times that does not happen.

You know, I used to fancy a girl who was like 4/10, maybe 5/10. Not attractive. I am not really attractive neither, I have a nice face but I am a manlet. So this stupid girl was bitchy as fuck, she thought she actually was a princess or something so eventhough she liked me she was bitchy and hysterical. Sometimes we would flirt but after a while she would stop showing interest. Stupid bitch.

After a while I found a girl who really liked me, she had a much better personality and was more attractive, maybe a 6/10. I started dating her, and after a few months she became my GF. This girl had a much nicer personality than the other. After the other girl who I fancied saw this she got mad because she said 'OHH WHAT IS THIS BITCH DOING WITH MY GUY' and all that crap, truly ENTITLED shit like saying THAT GUY IS MINE when in fact she was probably only using me. She THOUGHT she was much better than me and that she would get a much better guy than me, and that's why she always acted so bitchy. She was just playing with me. But after I got a GF, she realized than she actually WAS A PLAIN BITCH, and not a princess. And now she is on suicide watch, lonely, poor, a fucking loser. Fuck that bitch. THAT'S WHAT YOU DELUSIONAL BITCHES GET FROM THINKIN YOU ARE ABOVE THE REST. YOU ENTITLED PIECE OF SHIT FAT WHORES. YOU WILL NEVER GET A 10/10, LOOK AT THE MIRRO STUPID BITCH, YOU ARE NOT WORTH SHIT.

Well this story might help you understand how the mind of some women work. But those kind of girls are trash, and are not worth even talking to.

Gotta love that reasoning "people don't like you becuz ur just bitter >:(" because I definitely act in real life the same way I act on an internet forum. Please don't play that game, you know people treat others crappily because of looks, or at the very least have preconceived notions of someone because of their looks.

I will confirm I am a 8 or 9 physically

and I will get messaged first frequently.

I blame social media inflating egos. Can just see all the 31 year olds who are trapped waiting to settle.

Excuse me, do you need any advice?
Do you want to get advice from the advice board?
How about you kill yourself, you won't be missed and it will fix everything that's wrong with you instantly
Is my advice good enough or do you want me to repeat it?

This. You don't even have to insert yourself as a woman, just picture yourself as a dad? Would you be happy for your daughter if she had to get railed every day by Jeff I. N. Celworth? Or some high IQ fat balding grizzly? Or yourself? No, you wouldn't be happy. You would want her to date Mr. Henry Chad Gentlemanson, the captain of the sports team, future CEO who looks like Bruce Wayne from the comic books. You know, him or Tyrone B. B. Caesar.

The reality is that it's both. It's easier for good-looking people to get attention and get people to like them. I'm not pretending that isn't true. but I'm also not pretending that the entire world is superficial, or that it's impossible to have a good relationship or a good social life if you're not beautiful, because that isn't true either. You will have to work harder to get the same results, but you could have a good life if you went after it. You're only hopeless if you stop trying

I actually tried being super nice and smiling all the time and saying yes to everything and being the direct opposite of what I'm usually like for a year
In the end people where twice as mean to me and I got nothing at all out of it and I got depressed again for a while
Now I know that's just stupid

that's rough, but it's not really what I'm suggesting. Find stuff that you enjoy doing, that you're good at, and make that stuff a hobby or career. that's how I've had the best luck meeting people, by putting myself in a context where I'm happy and engaged in something I like to do. You can't really just fake it till you make it, or at least that's never worked for me

i wouldn't want an ugly girl even if she had personality desu, these are called friends

I'm not good at anything and when I try to work on something I like I remember how worthless and stupid I am and that it's too late for me to achieve anything and how everyone was always able to tell I was inferior to them because I was rejected by my own fucking family and I had to manage alone for the most part as a kid when I wasn't being beaten up for being fucking there
Then I get really mad
Then I get really sad
Then I can't feel anything but dread

Why can't you just act normal? Emulate the people you want to be like, I guarantee they aren't being overly nice and smiley, that sounds creepy.

I'm not normal and I don't know anyone who is normal

sorry m8, it sounds like you've had a rough go of it. If your family treats you like garbage then it's only natural that you grow up believing you're garbage. I don't believe you're worthless or that it's too late for you, but you had to deal with some shit that's going to make it more difficult for you than it is for other people. Maybe therapy could help you, but I think the best way to build confidence is to develop skills & do things that give you a sense of achievement.

but everything worth doing takes practice to get good at it, your first few tries are always gonna be rough. Surely there's something you're interested in, that you'd like to do if you believed you were capable of it

i wasnt garbage, they where garbage
im garbage now tho because i wasnt smart enough as a kid to cope with any of it, problems got bigger, more problems shhowed up and i just took them because i didnt know how to do anything about them
and now its too much for anyone to fix
i think my entire life has been leading up to suicide, i dont wan to die but every turm just gets me more and more corered, eventually i wont have a choice anymore, maybe its for the best, why would someone like me even want to be alive to begin with? life is just waiting for more pain at this point

Have you tried therapy? They'll tell you that the way your parents treated you has a big impact on the way you see yourself. Even though you consciously know they were in the wrong, not you, you've still got their voices in your head fucking with you subconsciously.

I'd be lying if I said it'll be easy to break that, but it is possible, it's not too much to fix. you'd be shocked how much of a difference it can make to have one person in your life that gives a shit about you, or one thing that makes you feel like you're good at something. Hang in there and keep looking for it, you deserve better than you've had so far

Man here, looks aren't everything. I dropped a solid 10/10 in looks because she turned out to be somewhat insane, militantly vegan, hardcore SJW to the point where humour had very little space to exist outside of "muh drumpf muh wall" and damaged I dropped her to get back with my ex that is a 7/10 head on and a 6/10 from the side. I am probably in the 8-9 range and I can get gorgeous girls of all races and creeds.

Let me tell you something, fucking a 10/10 is nice, but honestly, if they are just a shit person, crazy, or don't click, the attraction will wear off in like 3-4 months and you'll turn around suddenly and realize that this person has been making you more miserable than happy.

>Have you tried therapy?
yes, a lot, most of it was forced when i was a kid but i tried it as an adult and it didnt work
my last therapyst told me i needed more than therapy because im in too deep and i cant get out on my own

>you've still got their voices in your head fucking with you subconsciously.
no, but i know that anyone my age that has never accomplished anything and is still struggling with the same problems he did as a kid is worthless and has no future
>you'd be shocked how much of a difference it can make to have one person in your life that gives a shit about you
thats a luxury i never had and now im an adult and adults and i cant never be a kid again and fix anything that happenned
its just too much

>I am probably in the 8-9 range and I can get gorgeous girls of all races and creeds.
uuhm you just proved looks are everything by saying that?

>Why did it shock people that looks matter for getting women?

Because women have spend that last few decades lecturing men on why it is wrong for looks to matter to them, labelling it shallow.

You can't take back the past, but that doesn't mean your future is hopeless. I wish I could offer you more than just a cliche, but I do know that it's true

Jesus christ, this thread.

Looks matter to women, but only as much as you look like you take care of yourself.

Get a decent haircut, take a shower more than once a week, stop wearing graphic tees, and take care of your pizza face. That's it. That's all that matters as far as looks go.

The tough pill to swallow is that looks don't actually matter all THAT much.
If you REALLY want the good women, then you have to be confident, passionate about something that you can talk about eloquently, and having a job and a car are, while not necessary, definite pluses. You don't need a GREAT job and an expensive car, even.

You need to look like you're actively attempting to get somewhere in life, and like you have the where-with-all to actually get there. That's what it boils down to. Women like a man who can get your his shit together.

You wanna know why the guy on the left is attractive? I guarantee you It's got nothing to do with his genetics. It's his well-manicured facial hair and his suit that looks expensive. He exudes confidence and resourcefulness. That's it. And that's something literally any guy can achieve if they try.

7/10

>doesn't matter if you're ugly, just dress well and be confident
Fedora Advice

Just be confident and be yourself
get Jow Forums and do nofap

>Doesn't matter if you're ugly.
I didn't say that.

But the vast majority of "Ugly" qualities in men can be changed or fixed.

Fat? Lose weight. You'd be amazed how much that can change. The vast majority of men out there have perfectly chiseled jawlines and piercing cheekbones, they're just buried under years of fat or poor living. Acne? Eat better and be more hygienic. Just being your healthy BWI and fairly clear skin can boost anyone's physical attractiveness a solid three points. And confidence will get you the rest of the way there. Seriously, don't underestimate the power of a silver tongue.
Danny DeVito gets a hundred times more tail than you do, and I guarantee you don't look anywhere near as bad as that guy does.
If he can do it, what's your excuse?

And cold showers.

It doesn't shock people that looks matter, but there's a ton of retards online who think that only a 6'5 muscular Chad with the body of a Greek god and the face of Jesus can get a hot girl. You can be average or even under-average looking and still score a hottie. People need to stop making the mistake of attempting to understand the "system" and realise that humans are a bit more complex than that.

You can't change your facial bone structure without surgery, mate. Facial attractiveness is primarily about bone and symmetry.

All that being said, vast vast majority of people are average looking.

>under-average looking and still score a hottie
Post one (1) example not involving money and status.

>If he can do it, what's your excuse?
Probably has something to do with the fact that he was a pretty big deal in the 80's and 90's due to his generally well received movies and has similar success today due to large amounts of money and ongoing movie/show deals.

But yeah I must just not be smiling enough.

>Danny DeVito
His ex looks like a troll.

No matter what I post, you'll look for a way to weasel out of it because you simply refuse to accept facts due to your insecurity and being too lazy to admit that you're a virgin because you're boring as a person.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

dude you don't need to defend that ugly guys get hot girls just by being nice or whatever, not even normies defend that, this is not even fair by nature standards

>virgin
Where did you get that from? I bet I've fucked more women than you.

I'm trying to be honest about lookism. It matters a lot. Why are all the best paid actors handsome? Why is modeling a thing? Why can't average joe become a model if he grooms? Why do some men pull 50 matches on tinder while others struggle with 10? Why makes Adriana Lima so attractive? It isn't her personality and you know it.

You don't need to change your bone structure, is what I'm saying. Yours is perfectly adequate, if you take care of it and don't bury it under fat, poor posture, and acne.

So you're saying he got his shit together. Which is exactly the thing I'm telling you to do.
You don't have to be a famous actor, you just have to get your shit together.
GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, user.

>your insecurity and being too lazy to admit that you're a virgin because you're boring as a person.

This is the crux of it.

Ultimately, it really doesn't matter what you look like. If you want women, and if you want a woman that's actually worth having, then you have to get your shit together. You have to dress well. You have to be interesting. You have to have opinions that you're willing to defend, and you have to be able to accept failure. And that takes work and effort.

It's far, far easier to go
>My genetics are bad and/or all women are whores, so I'm just not going to try.
than to get up, put the doritos away, actually engage another human being in direct conversation, and fail and get rejected over and over and over until you finally get what you want.

Are you a girl?

>Why are all the best paid actors handsome?
Adam Sandler and Jackie Chan are in the top 5 highest paid actors in 2017 and they have average looks.
>Why is modeling a thing?
The purpose of modeling is wearing and showing the clothes.
>Why do some men pull 50 matches on tinder while others struggle with 10?
Tinder is a specific situation in which approach still plays a role.
>Why makes Adriana Lima so attractive?
We're talking about men.

Also, you asked for a photo and you got it. Now you've got a million more excuses, I'm sure.

Jesus Christ, dude.

Those two were above average looking in their youth. Also, below average looking men are a minority if not almost non existent.

You have to physically beautiful to model. Beautiful face, correct height and body. Genetics in other words.

Tinder is almost exclusively about looks. You swipe based on looks.

Doesn't matter if we're talking either men or women. You find a certain person physically attractive because of their facial body structure or body? You even admit that Adam Sandler isn't as handsome as, let's say, Cole Sprouse. It's not because of their haircuts.

You are ignorant. Very very ignorant.

Fuck typing on a phone tbqh.

My shit is together
Point is that I didn't put it together for some slag to latch on and take part ownership for my hard work.

I think looks can be overlooked but I also think you're way exaggerating how much and how often especially in the 21st century when a more attractive mate is often a simple swipe away.

>the Halo effect is new to him
If only you knew how contrived everything really is.

Like I said, no matter what I post, you'll look for a way to weasel out of it.

>2+2=5, no matter what I post you'll try to refute this

You're just wrong. Look up FaceandLMS on youtube and watch his WAW series. Seriously, do it. You are the informed party here, right? Begin with WAW1.1

>I didn't put it together for some slag to latch on and take part ownership for my hard work.
Okay, see, there's your problem. You're an asshole. Maybe work on that bit.
Also that's not how relationships work. Or at least, that's not how they're supposed to work. There's supposed to be more of a give-and-take. Reciprocal corroboration.

>when a more attractive mate is often a simple swipe away.
There's your other problem. People don't use tinder for mates. They use them for quick lays. Something you could still, actually, concievably accomplish if it wasn't for the aforementioned asshole problem.

>non deformed face, probably PSL 4 at worst
>6'5", wide frame
>lifting for 8 years, easily 99th percentile body
>haircut every 2 weeks, put a lot of effort into dressing nice, think Ryan Gosling tier
>KHV at 23, never had a gf
It's over for me, back in the days I thought I was GL face-wise but I realized now that it was pure delusion, otherwise I would get attention from women instead of them acting scared.
FACE is everything

That is nice to know, Rob.

It's because your personality sucks, user.
No really.

How many matches do you get on tinder 2bh?

>muh personality
explain why I have a shitton of male friends then, which all value my loyalty?
don't use tinder, it's too superficial for me

Remember that matches on tinder is your real rating.

>Talks exclusively about his physique
>Thinks Tinder is "Too superficial
Dude.

Attached: 7f9b51960210800eaf748f426b608f15.jpg (202x233, 27K)

don't even want to use it, I get anxious just thinking about it. I'm not deformed, that's all I want to say with the PSL rating

>Know girl from uni
>She says she is not superficial at all, that she is dating some nerdy unattractive guy because his personality is great
>Look at a pic with BF
>Pic related

Yeah so fucking nerdy and ugly. Looks like using glasses automatically makes you a nerd

Attached: 27857940_1762161257139592_7314243811159394296_n.jpg (960x720, 99K)