What's the point of getting into a relationship if you're just gonna be cheated on...

What's the point of getting into a relationship if you're just gonna be cheated on, whether if it's physically or emotionally?

Attached: when-a-relationship-ends.jpg (600x432, 92K)

Cheating isn't inevitable.

So you can develop the ability to find someone worthwhile. It's a horrible experience but it's necessary. You haven't lived a full life if you haven't experienced heartbreak.

What is the point of buying house when it can get destroyed by fire, earthquake, war or niggers?

You have to live somewhere

You dont.
>inb4 proof
See hobos. Or people paying rent.
>inb4 that is different
See masturbation / prostitution.

If two people get married, then the dude is in a car crash and can't use his arms or leg, then Jeff Bezos comes up to the wife and says "I will give you 500 billion dollars to come marry me. I will also pull some strings so your act of betrayal is completely buried. You can also do whatever you want, I just want you to cheat on your husband by legally marrying me. We can get divorced after you break your loyalty, then you are free to explore the entire universe for the rest of your life with zero consequences, what is going to happen Dr. Positive von Thinkman?

Not that poster, but you're missing the point of the analogy. Think about what it means instead of ways to nitpick.

A house doesn't cheat on you
It's reliable until it's hospitableness dies
Like your partner will die eventually

No
It was a piss poor metaphor

If the women will not stay with the man, then that is not true love. There is no getting around this. I used to have this delusional idea that love was an eternal thing, and you found a partner then you went on for eternity with them into the next universe, then the next one, then the next one. Nah. Partners are like vehicles and are just tools to help you better travel through life. Eventually LOVE will be synthesized. Eventually humans will be transcended by robots and humans who are rich enough to merge with them, then autoaim ironmen will kill all the useless janitors and live happily ever after.

It was fine - you just don't want to acknowledge the point because you don't already agree with it.

House can be burned down by accident or by ill intent from anybody. You wife can get murdered or bored of you. Or made a mistake. It is same principle really.

Feel free to remain alone forever. There are plenty of services from regular prostitutions, therapists to stuff like cuddle hotels at japan. Wanna live risk free life? They pay up and do whatever the fuck you want.

Attached: think of children.jpg (615x766, 108K)

Aight OP, im gonna rant a little but hopefully this helps.
I dated a girl right outside of high school, I knew she wasn't very stable, mentally but I wanted a relationship with her anyway.

We dated for 3 years, we started living together and we started saving up for a small wedding. One day, she texts me while im at work saying she has feelings for someone else, and im very certain she physically cheated on me (emotionally for sure) and it fucking broke me.

After a month or so, I came to a conclusion. I was happy in that relationship, and I made great memories with someone, despite how horribly it ended. In that time, I learned a lot about myself and i grew as a person. And today, I am not the same person I was even in that relationship. Looking for other people and being by myself taught me more and more about myself and the thought of someone making me happier than when I was in the relationship excites me!

tldr: If you think life (or relationships) is just a series of horrible events that cause pain, would you rather know the pain of living or would you rather chose to be numb and never live?

Attached: 29365778_343920402782806_8100668080531989892_n.png (656x656, 440K)

It turns relationships into nothing more than investments
Which they basically are

In which case there are 3 scenarios
1. The house is destroyed
2. You move to another house
3. You stay in the house forever

Now relationships are
1. The relationship ends amicably
2. The relationship involves some type of cheating whether physical or emotional
3. The relationship lasts forever

2&3 with houses are acceptable
1&3 with relationships are acceptable
However acceptable with houses is more than likely
Acceptable with relationships is less than likely

So investment in houses are way better than investment in relationships

So no
It was a shit metaphor

3 years of investment just for superficial gains?
I don't think that's worth it

>putting this much effort into rationalising nonsense

The point was that "I shouldn't do x because [bad thing] can happen" is a shitty and counter-productive way to think, and that the logical conclusion of it leads to obviously stupid decisions.

Analogies aren't about saying two different things are identical or even similar - they're about transplanting an argument into a different scenario to demonstrate that the argument is stupid.

That implies that there's no difference between "I shouldn't get on a plane because it could crash" and "I shouldn't get on a motorcycle because I could crash"
Those are two completely different types of transportation
One more deadlier than the other

Likewise, more than likely you'll at let get stability in a house
But you'll more than likely won't get the goal from a relationship if you're wanting long-term partnership
Maybe short-term flings but I hardly consider them actual romantic relationships

Stay single. You will do yourself and your potential partner a favor.

I will
I just don't see how anyone would

Defeatism is for punk bitches.

Attached: 1389918228042.png (719x719, 564K)

If you've been cheated throughout every relationship you've had, maybe the problem is you. Yes, there are men and women who are going to cheat no matter what. But what are the odds that you've chosen these people every time. Either you're attracted to something in this cheater personality and need to look for different traits, or the non-cheater consistently felt they were missing something in your relationship- and cheated when they found what was missing.

>I just don't see how anyone would
Because the vast majority of people still believe in "true love" and other childish fantasies
But we know that no love comes without expectations of its own. There is no such thing as love; only an agreement between parties veiled by sex

>still missing the point

You seem like one of those people who's just smart enough to be stupider than if you weren't smart at all. Turn that mind to the point instead of pedantically wanking about how the analogy is imperfect (like analogies aren't imperfect by definition) and there may be hope for you yet.

Because there's a 50% a person won't get cheated on, whiny defeatist.

I should blindly accept my face then?

the point of enjoying anything before it ends is to simply enjoy it.

because its good until then

then it ends and you start again.

but the point is you got laid a lot in between.

If you have kids, just make it an open relationship.

You're welcome for solving your dilemma

>Maybe short-term flings but I hardly consider them actual romantic relationships
you're living wrong then

the best ones are the ones that burn brights and fastest

You know user, I think the truth is you're just using your fear of being cheated on as an excuse to not have to put effort into forming a relationship with someone.

you get practice in identifying issues and practice in building relationships so that eventually you can identify somebody good and be capable of building a good relationship with them

Attached: W69QRk9Y35bCSlFszcNnXSQQI.jpg (500x365, 122K)