Should I take a risk?

I need your advice to make a decision. For two year I am dreaming to buy a guitar and I still want to. You're probably thinking, then what's the issue? The issue is that I am scared I will just waste my money. Also, I wouldn't have enough budget for a personal teacher, which means I have to learn by myself. I don't know what to do. Please give me an advice.

Attached: 876492972_preview_community_image_1427821377.jpg (800x791, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-js11-dinky-electric-guitar
musiciansfriend.com/guitars/open-box-cordoba-dolce-7-8-size-acoustic-nylon-string-classical-guitar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If it's taken you two years to save up for a guitar, you can't afford a guitar

I don't understand you.

>personal teacher
You mean a tutor? I was going to say buy the guitar but I get the impression you're a from a shitty poor country. If that's the case you should save up for your education so you can get out of there

Buy a second-hand one.

Learning on an expensive guitar is no different from an expensive one.
Once you get better, upgrade.

The money could be put to better use

You can get a guitar for

A Jackson Dinky or a Squire Stratocaster can be bought for $120.

I don't think you understand how little money it is. It's less than one month's groceries, at least in the US.

lol wtf? I am from US. The reason why I still didn't afford a guitar, because I was afraid to fail.

A good starting point is Mel Bay Guitar theory and dicking around on Ultimate Guitar Tabs. You don't need a guitar teacher like an aspiring pianist or violinist does, but any lessons you can manage to scrounge up the money or friendship for will enhance you.

And learn to sing passably. This will also take at least two or three lessons, to *learn proper singing technique*. Don't be a pussy. Most people are able to sing passably if they learn how to. Singing and playing at the same time is a true skill to cultivate.

You can probably learn a thing or two about technique by watching videos online. Try to find videos that are educational and philanthropic, versus overly simplistic or a scam.

If you are from the US and type like this you probably need that tutor, friend

If you are from the US, I'll type this part out that I deleted. Start on a jazz guitar or a classical guitar (the ones with the nylon strings). Steelstring acoustic is getting outdated at this point.

>I don't think you understand how little money it is. It's less than one month's groceries, at least in the US.
Exactly. If it's taken two years to save up that little, then there are better things that person could be spending their money on. Heck, it's probably better off being saved for emergencies, because they're unlikely to have any other savings.

Are you here to give me an advice or just to judge my English grammar? If it bothers you, no one holding you here.

musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-js11-dinky-electric-guitar

musiciansfriend.com/guitars/open-box-cordoba-dolce-7-8-size-acoustic-nylon-string-classical-guitar

sad that there's always a small squadron of fags who discourage every OP who wants to do something above the norm for themselves. and his OP didn't say anything about it taking two years to save up.

You're either not from the US or you're underage. You can get a starter guitar to learn on for fucking nothing.

Literally, if you spend more than $200 of your own money on your first guitar, you're just a poser and won't learn how to play anyway.

You're probably have boring life to call random guy a loser. Even tough you don't know me. I didn't say anything about saving up, idiot..

I didn't say anything about saving up either. Also your response basically confirms both that you're underage and want to spend over $200 on a guitar.

so many people discouraging OP who have no idea what they're talking about. if you don't pay at least $130 for the guitar it's likely to be assballs that sounds awful, won't hold a tune, or is generally ugly.

I don't see how wanting such a $200 item makes someone a poser. Just skip out on buying that Xbox game, Billy, and you'll make the difference between buying a guitar made out of cardboard and a guitar that this guy considers to be "for posers".

crabs in a bucket

op, just ignore

>oth that you're underage and want to spend over $200 on a guitar.

Oh, shit my bad. However, what's wrong with spending over $200 on a guitar?

absolutely nothing. remember to buy from Musician's Friend. as always, know what you want and read reviews.

>it's likely to be assballs that sounds awful
When you're first learning to play, it's more important to play than to sound good. Or look good, which is about all the Les Paul OP's probably dreaming about will ever do.

what do you play?

I like my Epiphone Les Paul. I learned on a Squier Strat though.