Should I live on campus if I can't find a roommate in my area...

Should I live on campus if I can't find a roommate in my area. My parents kicked me out and stole my money I've saved for school.

Attached: 1520306682519wsg.gif (656x368, 1.47M)

I would like some responses.

Bumping for you. Sounds fucking awful and I hope things turn out well for you.

> (OP) (You)
>Bumping for you. Sounds fucking awful and I hope things turn out well for you.
I appreciate it, I wonder why no one is responding? Am I not complaining hard enough or something.

It's a difficult problem and I doubt anyone on here has any advice.

yes

living on campus is fun and a great opportunity to make friends and meet girls.

also it should make going to class easier due to proximity... but that's ultimately up to you

It's a fucked up situation only a small minority of people have experienced, let alone know what to do about. Do you have friends you can stay with? You need to talk to the college about possible loans to continue your degree.

Sadly also I'm incoming freshmen, I took 4 years to save up this money. Fuck. I don't have any friends, I have some guy I knew from work but he has to "ask" his friends if I can stay. I'm considering living on campus but that's 9k a year. That's like 40 k debt. I planned to have it all paid off.

Yes you should live on campus. You should've lived on campus even if you hadn't been thrown out. Some of the best times of my life were spent in the dorms. Now and again, I still dream about my old dorm room and going back to live there again, nearly 15 years later.

Okay I'm doing it, it's better then starving in a shelter.

>9k a year. That's like 40 k debt.
You don't live in student housing all four years. Do one, maybe two years, then get a cheap apartment. Also bear in mind that figure probably includes the mandatory meal plan, and while that's absolutely more expensive than cooking your own meals, you've gotta factor in how much you'd be spending on groceries and fast food if you weren't in the dorms.

Good luck user. Worse comes to worse, there's probably a student legal services office that you can talk to about trying to get back the money your parents stole.

Not saying sue your parents, but they could at least give some advice.

Sure live on campus. Some places offer students luxury, some just give them white painted cinder blocks but it's not terrible. Living on campus means you might be able to go out to campus bars or other spaces into the early hours of the morning if you want to work and chill.

Keep your money in a bank account.

Live on campus, document what has happened to you and apply for bursaries. There are ones for poor people specifically.

Always apply for every bursary you can every year always.

Thanks everyone, I enroll in the fall of 2018.it was over 60k stolen. I dont know where to stay. I'm basically at a public wifi library.

Attached: 1514373445829.gif (700x700, 96K)

Wtf how and why did they even steal from you?

We shared a joint bank account that I just found out the bank didn't terminate the joint ownership. Yes I know, I'm partially to blame. But why would my own parents steal and kick me out...

Maybe you were ungrateful kid or maybe they are just dickheads
who knows

I've been a good adult. I'm 21 years old. Whatever, I need to get my money back.

>over 60k
Jesus. I'm so sorry OP. That is so fucked up. Please talk to somebody at a legal aid clinic about what you can do. Even if they can't get money back from your parents, they might at least be able to help you get into programs that'll help you with finding shelter, etc.

Yeah... The guy I spoke to said he'd be my roommate for the summer but he goes to college also in the fall. I am going to speak to a lawyer. I just don't know what to do.

>I am going to speak to a lawyer. I just don't know what to do.
Do you need help locating a legal aid clinic? If I know what uni, I can give you some pointers.

Ohio state university.