There is a cockroach inside that box, how do I kill it without damaging the content?

There is a cockroach inside that box, how do I kill it without damaging the content?

Attached: 20180403_134847.jpg (4160x2340, 1.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~fieldspg/fields/Wang-2009.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pour a small amount of bleach and ammonia inside

Shrink wrap the box shut and keep it bone dry for a 7-10 days. The roach will die of dehydration and you can unwrap the box after.

Without killing myself in the proccess either.

This seems viable.

Put the whole box in a trash bag, duct tape the trash bag to the exhaust of your car, run the car for awhile. This will absolutely work on just about any pest, but especially on rodents.
Don't do this. If it works, you run the risk of poisoning yourself quite badly. The gas produced is also highly corrosive. It's also very likely illegal.

Cockroaches don't die from any of that shit guys.

Open box
Let cockroach out
Squash it

Put it in the freezer.

>Cockroaches don't die from any of that shit guys.
They'd die from chlorine gas exposure. They might not die easily from CO poisoning plus CO2 displacement. They probably wouldn't die from a week of being in a bag.

Take the box outside and dump the contents. Pick up everything that isn't a cockroach and put it back in the box.

The lack of water/food of being a week in a bag seems possible, it's still a living thing, gonna give it a month to, if it's still alive I'm just gonna man up and squash it.

Also I think we've all seen that video of the cockcroash exposed to tobbaco smoke and dies (due to lack of oxigen) so I guess the car option is also possible.

I'm a faggot and I don't want to have to deal with a panicking roach, I will resort to it if the sealed box idea doesn't work, if anyone cares enough I can come back in a month to post what happened.

>The lack of water/food of being a week in a bag seems possible, it's still a living thing, gonna give it a month to, if it's still alive I'm just gonna man up and squash it.

Roaches are strangely resilient. Lack of food isn't an issue because it can eat all the paper in that box. And lack of water... the moisture that's probably been absorbed into that paper over the years may sustain it for awhile.

I remember looking into asphyxiation of roaches awhile back and reading that they can survive in some pretty extreme low-oxygen atmospheric conditions. That's why poisonous gas is preferred, since they can't help but breathe it.

But I'm getting conflicting information on how effective CO+CO2 (i.e., gasoline engine exhaust) would be. See here: home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~fieldspg/fields/Wang-2009.pdf

Pest control fag here.

Yes they do. They need to breathe and eat just the same as you and alot of toxic chemicals kill them as well.

The "they can survive a nuclear holocost" meme is their hardiness and evolutionary power. They breed fucking fast, so they evolve fast. so if you use a poison all it takes is for one of the offspring to be averted by it (not resistant.. just not interested) and it'll live and out breed and it's offspring won't like it either.

That's why German cockroaches (in the states) are so small. We used too many poisoned sweet baits. Now they don't like sugar as much and can't grow as big.

And for a holocost itself,they're social and family oriented insects. They know to go underground away from the radiation and heat and they'll huddle together wherever one finds safety and stops scampering.

Anyway this post is useless because this op. Crush it.

Or better use a glue trap. If it's female and she has an egg there'll be 100 more in a week.

Woah thanks for the info, yeah I'm gathering valor to squash it, also if you'll allow me the question I let spiders leave freely in my apartment as long as they don't get in the way because they eat everything I hate: flies, roaches, ants... is this true or am I just memeing myself?

> I let spiders leave freely
Should be "live".

Well it is done, fliped the box out and the roach ran away, bathed it on insectiside but seemed to not give a shit about it so I had to chase and squash it, then bathed it in more poison just because fuck roaches.

I'm glad none of my neighboors were around to see me act like a fag.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

Douse it in several drops of lighter fluid. Kills the cockroach and basically everything inside of and on it.

Spray it with soapy water
Won't kill it but puts it to "sleep" long enough to remove it from the box and dispose of it

Not him but most spiders are generally pretty chill and they do eat pests, they just aren't tiny volunteer exterminators.

If you can't just grab it and squeeze, you're an embarrassment to all your ancestors.

Pest fag.

Yep. Theyre predators, they catch collect and eat other bugs. And they leave you alone. We actually weren't legally technically allowed to kill em because pesticide use had to be justified where I live and spiders just can't be because they're such a non issue and beneficial.

Except the odd black widow or brown recluse. Those we had to go nuclear annhilation over.

Hey brother can you help me out, we have German cockaroaches in our dishwasher at our house we rent. I use combat roach gell to try and kill them but nothing seems to work, do you recommend anything?

Attached: 4cc64590d390fab79ad039e2892d822a4d747d587976dd86820792dfe5b08447.jpg (680x774, 88K)

post pic of fallen foe

This.

Freeze it