Question for Christians

If someone doesn't really believe in the Bible, go to church, etc. but still does an "in case you're out there..." type prayer when something bad happens, does God listen? In your opinion.

Attached: bible6[1].jpg (224x184, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/14/what-is-the-historical-evidence-that-jesus-christ-lived-and-died
strangenotions.com/an-atheist-historian-examines-the-evidence-for-jesus-part-1-of-2/
strangenotions.com/an-atheist-historian-examines-the-evidence-for-jesus-part-2-of-2/
reasonsforjesus.com/jesus-exist-scholars-agree-certainly-existed/
youtube.com/watch?v=m5EjA-JNiVk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd say so, yeah.

lol i do this to..... just incase....

No, nothing there except the universe. It doesn't care and is frequently trying to kill you.

>Question for Christians

Could you please stop making all atheists look like arrogant cunts? Ta.

hes right though , gods a myth at least the biblical one. absolutely no reason why a genuinely good and caring omnipotent being would allow all this suffering , mystery and torture.

The universe isn't "trying" to kill you. It just is. That's like saying a tornado "wants" to kill you. It isn't. It's just behaving in the way that its fundamental characteristics drive it to.

You're preaching to the choir there mate, but OP is asking a theological question - jumping in and derailing the thread to tip fedora is just rude.

Yes he listens.

We are made imperfect because of original sin....All of us.

Original sin is pretty much racism on a bigger level.

>Just because some people ate the fruit in the garden means that all of your ancestors are responsible for what they did.

>Just because your ancestors colonized the world means that you're responsible for their actions and what they did.

>"God, why am I being punished for something someone else did?"

The whole point of Jesus dying on the cross went over your head.

Maybe you could explore religious beliefs aside from Christianity. There's a lot of prayer happening whenever there's a test, grade, raise, promotion on the line.

Yes God listens. Feel free to pray anytime, anywhere and for however long.

I was confused as hell, until I realized your primary conception of "racism" is the white persecution complex. Lmao.
I could but I don't really see the point?

Atheist and all but...

Yes. As a critical thinking evidence based approach individual, I have to say the best idea we ever had as a species is empirical evidence and reason.

And if I were to entertain the idea of a possibility of an "omniscient" god, I would say its infinitely more intelligent and reasonable than we are.

The best of our own ideologies and ideas have already transcended how unreasonably stupid and petty it is to say "love me and believe in me or else."

And a being so much more powerful than we are would understand this idea and then some.

So no I can't see an all.knowing and ever loving diety shutting you out because you're unsure because you have no hard evidence and turn to it when you are most in need.

That God would be a retarded asshole. And pretty sure Christian's don't even see god as a retarded asshole even if they think he's like this.

i feel like we just live in the timeline where gods a retarded asshole

I do not know. Personally I've always felt that he hears prayers in proportion to the depth of the prayer and the one praying. But at the end of the day prayer is not meant to change God in any way but to change us.
Prayer does not translate to salvation, nor will you get things by praying for them. IMO the only good thing that can come of an atheist praying is the introspective headspace that it generates, which might lead to discovering certain philosophical truths, which might then lead to conversion.
Who am I kidding you don't give a hoot about that stuff, most people don't, not even on Jow Forums, not even the really smart people on Jow Forums lol. Honest philosophical inquiry is beyond you people.

Touché

Of course he listens.

God understands the reason why one wouldn't believe in him (not that this solves the problem , but deffinitely serves as a circumstance in judgement) . It won't be ignored for sure .

I do this... When I was a child some pastor told me that if there was a sin I didn't ask for forgiveness for before I died, I'd be damned.

Now when I'm in a dangerous situation I think to myself "please got forgive me for my sins" almost automatically.

Maybe try digging into these issues yours elf, forming your own opinions, doing your own research and reflection, instead of just regurgitating some autistic shit Neil DeGrasse Tyson likes to say.
There are those who get their opinions from "smart people", and there are those who form their opinions themselves. Which do you think are truly wiser?

I recall reading about a saint who used to be completely unfaithful, but made a prayer (I believe to the virgin Mary) when he was in a field during a thunderstorm, promising to devote himself to the faith if he made it out unharmed. He did.
kek

Attached: dca.png (580x606, 243K)

Lol guy asks for prayer advice and half the board comes in to try to disprove god. Never change Jow Forums

Lol man if you ask 30 different denominations you'll get about a dozen different answers.

That's because the One True Faith is Esoteric Hitlerism.

Yes, God is listening. While I'm a Christian and believe we should all come to the fold, I believe God doesn't discriminate when it comes to His love.

No, for our God is a jealous God and will not share your love with lower idols and false prophets!

YOU SHALL BURN!

Attached: D25C2780-37A8-46CD-8CC6-EDC8C0AFA002.jpg (131x127, 9K)

Prayers aren't meant for asking for things, that isn't its function. Prayer is a ritual meant to bring you and your goals in line with God's will. The idea that prayer is asking santa for a gift is subversion, it's not canon theology.

That said, yes He does hear you.

Stop it with the lies.

Attached: 8D8469ED-22CA-4F2C-AFDE-165885DC5871.jpg (1536x2048, 853K)

It's called believing. This is a personal thing and you can pray when you need to do it for you. And this is the only reason. Does it make you feel better? Keep on going. If not just let it be.

The savior has appeared.

Behold!!!

And this is just one of the paradoxes of religion. If god created you, then he knows that you're a doubter. For some reason though, he still wants you to "choose" to believe in him and follow his rules, even though he explicitly built you to do just that. Conversely, if you don't choose all that, then he essentially built to solely to condemn you to an eternity of suffering in hell. Furthermore, he's also willing to forgive you being an egregious fuckup, even though once again he explicitly built you that way.

Yeah, in fact, whether people from other religions go to heaven or not hasn't been decided on yet by the Catholic Church.

jesus died to take away the sin, no-one has original sin. Its a catholic lie

>God gives you free will.
>You and other people choose to abuse it again and again.
>"Wtf! God is evil!"

Attached: The atheist intellectaul.jpg (645x773, 56K)

As an excatholic I am I can say I was taught God listen you anywhere you are, that you should participate in the community and the activities whenever you can but if, for any reason you can't God will always forgive you, even if you rejected him for a long period of time, even when you commit sins that are specified to be unforgivable by God in the Bible

He doesn't listen to his most fervent believers, why would he listen to you?

It's because there is nothing there.

Yeah that's a shitty argument

in reality god doesn't exist because

>there are thousands of religions
>they're all created by humans, no evidence exists to prove otherwise

>Yeah that's a shitty argument
Of course it is when you're not willing to take responsibility for your own actions and decry this when it doesn't suite you.

>they're all created by humans, no evidence exists to prove otherwise
There is literally more evidence for Jesus then evolution.

Attached: 1522875728361.jpg (850x400, 72K)

No, the vast majority of historical accounts for jesus were made 100 years after his death. There are only few and dubious sources that actually confirm his existence.

There is a massive difference between Jesus as a person existing, and the supernatural (and idiotic) claims of the bible. There were lots of mystery cults, prophets and charlatans back then, Jesus was just lucky to have caught on.

There is far more evidence for natural selection than there is for jesus christ. There is more evidence for 911 conspiracy theories than there is for his supposed miracles.

There have been over 3000 different Gods and religions. Yours is the one true and correct one. All others are false.
The ply way to know about current monotheist God is via their books. The books make no sense. Better love jesus so he can save you from what he'll do if you don't love Jesus. Also he made things knowing how it al works and what everyone will do - gets mad because didn't include knowledge of good and evil/ right/wrong and humans disobey. Punishes everyone forever for that. Sacrifices himself to himself to save you from his revenge for not you making wrong choices, because he loves you. Instead of standing up and saying "Here I am!" Plays hide and seek poor evidence game. Constantly makes things that don't work as planned, smashes everything like a 2 yr old. Has to have super villain enemy that messes everything up. Values and morals instructed in books just happen to fit the primitive cultures where the books and the God come from ( how to treat slaves, women are shit, conquer the other tribes, kill the disobedient- really? This is moral? How about "slavery is bad"? . Zero actual advanced science revealed- books show complete not understanding of the real universe. Buddhism seems most accurate. Religion is just the remains of primitive ancestors trying to explain a world and universe they didn't understand. Power and influence then modified it for primate social heirarchy control.

I wouldn't say buddhism

but rather stoic philosophy, Aristotle, Plato and Aurelius

theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/14/what-is-the-historical-evidence-that-jesus-christ-lived-and-died

strangenotions.com/an-atheist-historian-examines-the-evidence-for-jesus-part-1-of-2/

strangenotions.com/an-atheist-historian-examines-the-evidence-for-jesus-part-2-of-2/

reasonsforjesus.com/jesus-exist-scholars-agree-certainly-existed/

youtube.com/watch?v=m5EjA-JNiVk

If you chose to stay in denial, then don't be surprised at what your denial reaps.

>theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/14/what-is-the-historical-evidence-that-jesus-christ-lived-and-died

I'm an actual historian and I already saw several errors in the first paragraph

again the question isn't even if he existed, but if he performed the supernatural acts

Arguing a different point than what was stated doesn't mean you're correct its means you're autistic.

>I'm an actual historian
No you're not.

Attached: CHRIST-CHAN COMP.jpg (680x435, 44K)

Yes

Begone heathen
Sup brother, peace of Christ be with you.
Check it out, Christian life is the good life

Hitler, I see you post a lot in Christian threads, so what denomination are you?
Serious, off topic question

>in case
Nope . Christ doesn't work with doubts

Good god...