Where did you meet your partners thread

Where did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend? Did you actively look for a relationship it did it just happen organically?

Attached: 1514075510002.jpg (603x603, 34K)

>Where did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend?
Uni

>Did you actively look for a relationship it did it just happen organically?
The latter. To be honest, I don't know many people who were actively looking for a relationship when they met their partner or ex.

League of Legends. Friend of a friend. It started with just talking and evolved into skyping. It was long distance though which meant that it didn't sit on the strongest foundation.

I feel like these threads are made to taunt people like myself.

Like middle school or smt

Yes, everything is about losers like you. The world is just out to get you.

Maybe they can help? Most people are not Chad pussy slayers but just normal dudes who stumble into a relationship.

My bad, read it as where did your parents meet

Thaicupid

first gf in highschool
long term gf at college
ex-wife at work
current lover by walking the dog in the park

I met my only ex-gf a year ago at a friend's birthday party. After that my friends pretty much did all the work of inviting her and me around and practically bullying me into asking her out.

Didn't last long, unfortunately. Doubt I'll ever be that lucky again so I'm working on my social skills so maybe one day I can do it on my own. I'm almost 27.
>Pic related

Attached: 1522168556464.jpg (256x256, 46K)

First girlfriend (17yo): highschool library. We did alot of Drugs. She banged some guy and got pregnant and i dumped the shit out of her.

Ex-wife (20yo): We met at a night club on new years in japan my first year there. Spent 5 long years before she cucked me with some dude and i literally walked in him leaving my house after fucking her. Messy divorce

2nd Girlfriend (25 yo): Oddly enough same club, New years night. We dated for several years before i had to leave the country .

3rd girlfriend (27 yo): we met on a dating app called Skout. We are in a Long distance relationship, i havent physically seen her in a year. My strongest relationship yet.

Are you me?

>his strongest relationship is a make-believe one where she fucks chad on the side

Lmao.

nah, she got a kid and literally spends all her time at work. There are Chads who try to get at her but shes too scared to do that sort of thing cause she a GOD FEARING WOMAN WITH MORALS unlike most of these THOTS nowadays. That and her family knows about me, has met me, and will disown the fuck out of her if she cheats, cause they are pretty much taking care of her child while she works and lives in their house. God i love asians.

on discord. he was looking for a girlfriend, i had no intentions. we ended up getting along really well, rest is history. live together now.

>single mother
>not a immoral whore

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU ARE LITERALLY A KEKOLD

You had a gf, I'm sure when you least expect it you might find another one.

I met my girlfriend on a dating app looking for a fuckbuddy to help save her failing marriage.

Obviously that didn't work, but she's a pretty great girlfriend and her now ex-husband is an impotent retard. All of my yolo.

I met her in a Killing Floor 2 lobby at 2am and she added me on Steam. A few months later she happened to move 2 hours away from me by train. We live together now.

That's quite the rollercoaster. I always asked myself if I should try a dating app but I assumed I would only find trashy people there. Am I wrong?

> Where did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend?
Through some mutual friends in grad school. Met at a potluck and she liked my cooking.

> Did you actively look for a relationship it did it just happen organically?
I really never looked for any relationship while in school, we just ended up hanging out and enjoying conversation, we're both bookish with lots of academic interests. Once or twice/month we'd go with a friend to the "little Ukraine" (we're both Slavs, but not Ukrainian) area of town for Slav groceries and lunch, and after a few times going with just us two, she joked about it basically being a date, and how american dating culture is confusing, and then we decided that we should try a serious relationship.

>meanwhile in 32yo KHV land

Attached: 1512487114097.gif (250x188, 1.85M)

>I met my girlfriend on a dating app looking for a fuckbuddy to help save her failing marriage.
Nope. No trashy people at all on dating apps

Attached: 1517772647858.jpg (700x709, 61K)

She was my boss when I was young. Been married 15 years with 2 kids. Still has a bangn Slavic body

Attached: 1517771636325.jpg (1203x811, 146K)

On a Pokémon forum 10 years ago.

Not really, I was just looking for a friend
but the more we talked and played together, we liked each other more and more.

depends on your area.
Some places you have sincere people.
Others are filled with bots/attention whores/Chads/single moms

>Where did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend? Did you actively look for a relationship it did it just happen organically?
First one: Highschool friend. I wasn't looking for a relationship
Second one: On a free form role-play forum. I wasn't looking for a relationship.
Third one: On a dating app. I was looking for a relationship (duh.)
I'm single since a few months

Interpals.net

We started as friends but ended up having a lot in common and like each other. Only thing that sucks is it’s LDR

Starbucks, I kept seeing her and thought she was cute and asked her to join me for dinner sometime. That was three years ago and we’re planning on getting married next year.

Attached: 457D8A33-98BA-4C90-825B-C20CBF066913.jpg (900x656, 142K)

1st. online - music forum, lasted ~8 months
2nd. online - dating site (i think) ~ 10 months
3rd. in a club ~6 months
4th. introduced by a friend that was dating their friend ~ 2 years

In 3 of those cases I started out just looking for sex and I was pretty open about that, a relationship was not the goal. The last one fucked me up and I've only just started dating again but I'm more interested in a relationship than just sex now, that only occurred to me while dating someone recently.

>1st and 2nd online forums

Were they both LDRs?

nope, all 4 lived in the same city as me.
I let the second one move in with me after 2 months, that was not a wise decision in hindsight.

How did you find people so close to you on online forums?

The music forum was a popular EDM forum in australia in around 2005, had sections for most major cities events and gatherings. I think we just noticed eachother going to a lot of the same events or talking about similar artists and hit it off then met up at a festival.

Dungeons and dragons

choc chip cookies

World of Warcraft.
Was friends for like 3 years, dated on a whim for another 4, I left her because she was disinterested in improving or getting anywhere, but she heavily insists to this day that I'm a dear friend or whatever, yet is never up for meeting or playing together anymore.
I deleted her on a short notice last year, she didn't respond at all and I literally added her back after half a year out of boredom/curiosity, and her life hadn't changed. Since I left her, the only progress she made was to get her first part time job at a cat shelter, and she now apparently has OCD and asperger (so she claims but never showed signs with me). I genuinely can't figure why I still bother.

Attached: b274c885f9fdc7bf20d6f7c9335ba08f.jpg (781x1000, 53K)

Jow Forums, naturally. Two years next month

What board

which mental illness(es) does she have? Is she sexually depraved?

Never looked girls always made a pitch to me. Most I date a few times or have sex with but 4 became longer term but no longer than a year.

If I limit to actual gf's
High school cheerleader chased me on Sadie Hawkins day. gf for a year

Uni, she was in a sorority and she would send girls that were pledging to have me sign off that they spoke to me. I didn't know who was sending all these girls until one told me the sorority sister talked about me all the time. So, next time I saw her I asked why she was sending all these cute pledges over and she said it was a test and I passed. I fucked her that evening.

First job out of university and traveling for my job a clients executive secretary slipped me a note to have dinner with her. I did

Frequented a florist to send arrangements to clients on special occasions. The owners daughter that ran the place sent me an arrangement asking to come over for dinner at her home. I did

All the other women are girls/women I see that tell me they had a crush on me at HS or University, bank teller, store clerks, hostesses, coworkers, strippers, gf's and wives of acquaintances, meet at concerts, during holidays, adventure traveling, etc.

If she's good looking and her timing is right and she's not the gf or wife of a real friend I'll go for it.

Met my current fiance in elementary school, we're 22 and 24 now
Both did/doing 4 years of college

Twitter.

She's my ex's ex-best-friend.

Who said it's a she(woman)?

>Majority of people meeting in school/college
Well I'm fucked. Work is pretty much the only time I talk to women and I wouldn't want to shit where I eat. And I'm not attracted to anyone from work, anyway.

I met many of the girls I've dated and the one relationship I've actually had on Tinder. So in my case I was actively looking for a relationship, but this is only because I'm not in school anymore so I don't have any real places I can meet young single women who don't immediately flock to chad. Granted I never really got much action even in Uni because I was neurotic and shy, but still, more chances there than now it seems for something organic.

Just had went on 2 dates with two separate girls I met on tinder again actually. Here's hoping something nice follows.

Oh, okay. I can imagine Jow Forums is a decent place for fags to get a partner, quite a lot of dudes seem to be chill.

played LoL together, got along well and things developed from there
long distance like as well, her living in italy, me in germany
we are married now

First girlfriend? On a roleplay forum. First boyfriend? On Jow Forums. Second "boyfriend?" On /soc/. Third boyfriend? On /soc/.

Keep in mind these are all spread out over a period of seven or so years.

>GOD FEARING WITH MORALS
>not married to the father of her child
kek

In uni. She said she felt bad for me so she came over to talk to me. Then she caught feelings. Joke's on her because I was manufacturing situations for us to bump into each other in uni because she caught my eye on the first day.

On a dating app. Turns out we go to the same uni but there's almost no chance we would've met naturally except through sheer dumb luck.

Well we were both on a dating site so the answer seems a bit obvious but the first month we were dating it never really came up so our status was a bit unclear until we finally made it official a few days ago.

Join a local club. Work in an animal shelter. Start yoga classes.

friend of a friend

then I started making lots of excuses to got visit that friends house.

not activaly looking

but you need to at least be opening for meeting new people.

don't stare at your phone, don't put on ear phone at gym, have a relax facial expression.

go to place where your chance of meeting people increase (not a busy street that everyone is walking 7 mph)

fucking sorostitute man.

I met my bf in WoW. LDR still which isn't very fun, we miss each other a lot and visit whenever possible, and we Skype+Play together every day. Hopefully next year he can move in with me.

We met while waiting in line at the campus store, he made sure to run into me the next day, engaged since January.

I interviewed her and we hired her as an intern at my last job. I got a position elsewhere and a few months later she invited me to my old company’s holiday party. (We actually met up a week before to see a movie together) at the end of the night after everyone had left we hooked up. Have been dating for five months now. Things are going well

I met my gf in WoW. I thought she was a guy the whole time. We arranged to meet IRL after playing 6 months (platonic ofc). So when we met up, I discovered she was a girl. She thought it was a hilarious prank to play on me. It's three months later now and we're together and crazy in love.

I met my wife at running club
>I was Jow Forums (did dead lifts, arms every other day, didn't train legs, didn't do cardio and e-statted)
>joined my local running club
>club had it's own track and did distance running/plodding around town
>I opted for plodding
>talked to QT 22yo while plodding with middle aged mothers
>started plodding together without club
>got coffee, went for dinner, went bowling
>started seeing each other more outside of running
>relationship formed from there

If you're reading these looking for inspiration, go anywhere that other people go and talk to each other, it's not difficult to talk to people, getting rejected isn't the end of the world.

I joined an art group who organised shit for galleries and events and stuff, sweetest cutest boy I ever did see was there. But he had a gf in the group too ugh. But they broke up and she stopped coming to the group, so he started giving me loads of attention but never actually asked me out so I shot my shot by sending him pictures of pizza the group got after he'd left to make him "jealous" but actually just start a conversation
Been together a year this month, plan on spending forever with eachother, if I thought soulmates exist then he'd be the one

Ive only had one girlfriend, it happened while I was doing a community service project. A lot of girls do that stuff but honestly I was just looking to get out of the house.

Bump

Dating apps work in direct proportion to the number of people in your area. Big markets will get you a good varied selection of people, smaller cities will just yield the semi-social dregs of people who don't like to go out much.

>plodding with middle aged mothers
So you are Bruce Jenner?

>have a small fight with a drunk lad in front o a party
>win
>talk with that girl that threw money at me before and rooted for me
>date one week later
>watch filthy frank and shit
>best decision of my life

I've been cheated on by my ex and didn't really want anything to do with romance but she just happened to be there and it was what I needed in life.

Ages 21 and 19

On an mmo. Joined a PvP guild and was convinced to join voice chat in discord.

Definitely the latter. We were just bullshitting on voice chat and eventually it swapped to private messages for a month or so until feelings were admitted. No one really asked the other out. Neither of us were really seeking anything. We became friends and got along really well. Just kind of happened.

I met a vagabond and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Problem is he had been always moving all his life. We have been living together for a couple years now and I can see why he always traveled and never kept close relationships. I'm also an introvert and I just want to be alone sometimes, but my partner can't stop himself and seems to always wanting to be with me. It is very exhausting but I love him even with all his flaws

Start of high school, met because same uncommon elective

We're almost 30 now, we got married a couple years ago.

But then why did you fuck before marriage? I assume you are Christian too? Or did you not fuck out of wedlock, just dated for a while?
he means his current girlfriend I think

Playing league if legends like 7-8 years ago is where I first met bf. I don't think I've ever really actively pursued a relationship, they all happened organically.

Jow Forums

I have a long streak of meeting the wrong guys, to full on domestic abuse and rape just because I couldn't read the warning signs.

My current fiancee I actually met in an online game community, we play a lot of Arma 3 together.

I met him at a time I was just done with relationships and had given up on life. We started talking and the first day we talked for 14 hours straight over voice, second day for 8 and then after that we had three days straight call open, we said goodnight to each other and woken up seeing each other on Discord. We both realised after 5 days we were just falling madly in love with one another.

He came from the same feeling as I was in life at that moment. His past gf broke up with him after a five year relationship, after that he didn't feel the same anymore even tho he tried new relationships. But with me he felt that feeling of love again.

After all this time we are still madly in love with each other, even more than the beginning. Oh and ye, we're in a long distance relationship. He'll be moving over to me after July this year.

"I met him at a time I was just done with relationships and had given up on LOVE."

Not life... dear god