Smoking Bud

So I've noticed this thread has a bunch of residents who seriously hate old Mary Jane. Obviously drug addiction is not good, but my question is, why the strong opposition to the casual, weekend warrior? Are there any good studies you can reference to defend your point or is it just "Mommy told me drugs are bad so you're an idiot for doing them user!"

I personally smoke around 2-3 times a week, sometimes a little more, sometimes not at all, depends on what life allows. I work a full time 8-5 job for a good pay and have a stable life with a great long term relationship partner. Rather than heavily impairing my life, weed has allowed me to relax in the evening after a hard day or "party hard" during the weekend. I've gone little over a month without as well and didn't really notice much of a difference except it was less pleasant to be alive after a hard day at work.

Should I stop smoking? Why? Keep smoking? General thoughts?

Attached: 56058608_p0_master1200.jpg (424x600, 313K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nateliason.com/drugs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

or This is not a request for advice.

>Should I stop smoking? Why? Keep smoking? General thoughts?

Not a request for advice. You literally are just soapboxing about pot, calling for conversation about pot, and trying to make it an advice thread by asking whether you should quit. It don't work like that.

There's literally a thread in here with 46+ replies just asking Jow Forums's opinion on anti-depressants. In the OP he literally says "I'm not looking for medical advice". But you decided since this thread is about weed that it's unacceptable.

Why this stigma user?

Fuck off stoner.

Marijuana is still a drug which causes addiction and harm from usage, not as bad as alcohol or tobacco while still not being the safest of drugs when compared to LSD or shrums, it's definitely not the magical wonder drug that has 'le health benefits' that brainlet advocates have said for the past few years.
Here's an article about it (sources listed at the bottom of the article): nateliason.com/drugs/

Honestly the hostility probably comes from a lot of people in a 'fox and the grapes' mindset. They've never tried it, they might not even know how (or have the social connections) to buy it.

Weed is honestly no worse than alcohol, but it's no better. If you keep that in mind you can use it to have a good time.

>no better
Except lung cancer, mouth cancer, throat cancer, skin cancer...

Smoking anything will put you at risk for lung cancer

I'm just talking about the personal and social repercussions, not about the health risks. I smoke hash personally, I just use the alcohol metaphor because it's apt. You shouldn't smoke up every day, you shouldn't allow it to impact your life in a negative way.

Doesn't "cause" addiction, however you can become addicted to it. Also it's spelled shrooms.

People don't like other people enjoying themselves. When did a pizza delivery driver ever feel good when somebody they went to high school with came to their shop to announce that they now make 250k a year as a lawyer and just went on vacation?

The problem is ego. I used to treat cocaine like the worst poison in the world, and considered cocaine users worse than murderers. This is because I was never invited to their circles, and didn't get to participate in their wild orgies. Then eventually I hung out with some humble poor people after the bar to smoke some blunts, and somebody laid out some lines and I was like oh wow these people aren't that bad so did some. Nothing negative came about because of it. When in rome do as the romans. Quit being the fucking naysayer faggot blocking peoples paths and just go with the flow and you might learn something.

Yes you should smoke every day if it is just enhancing your life. What is the point of not living the best possible life? Lets stop lying for once. Being high feels great. THis why everyone on the planet drinks coffee at their 9-5. The moment it starts becoming a problem you have to pull back. I self police myself out of paranoia because lots of people I know became junkies, but at the end of day, there is nothing wrong with using something that helps control anger/anxiety.pain, enhances concentration, helps you see what you couldn't see before, helps you achieve deep meditation states where you work through your problems, enhances workouts?????

Doctor: Go take a prozac every single day for the rest of your life. This is natural. It was natures intent for you to need a pill that only designated scientists can produce to survive.

You: Oh ok that is fine!

Me: smoke weed every day so that you have a relaxed life

You: Oh but that is bad!

If you find yourself where you can't relax without it then stop, don't rely on that high to keep you happy. And don't lie to yourself about this. Every stoner will give me this shpiel about not needing it and that they can function without it, but being high becomes the only way they know how to be happy or relax anymore. I don't know you so I don't care, but just don't lie to yourself about whether you think you need it or not.

in the 80s, every one smokes.
then the big gov out law it.

do whatever you want man.
try chewing tobaco*(or just gum) if your month got ichy.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 17K)

>...weed has allowed me to relax...
That's called dependence.
>Should I stop smoking?
Yes.
>Why?
Because you're relying on a chemical substance for normal function.
>Keep smoking?
No.
>General thoughts?
You're a addict, seek treatment.

It’s the safest drug there is.

>why the strong opposition to the casual, weekend warrior?
Makes you mentally slow. If you want a human being to be sentient for whatever reason, you don't want them 420'd.

Also I don't understand the appeal of alcohol and cannabis at all. It makes you slow. Dulls the senses. Makes the world LESS vivid. Why would you want to do that?
I want stuff to be more intense, because I like stuff!
Do people who do the alcohol and the weeds just not enjoy life?
Well you could try suicide I suppose, but there's gotta be something else.

Why do you feel like bothering /qa/ by directing people there with this unrelated dreck? Are you the reason there's been nonsensical question threads that receive no response there lately?

Attached: 1492631502117.jpg (347x489, 38K)

>this opinion
Last time I heard this shit shilled, the whole I DONT NEED TO DRINK! act, it was from a guy who later picked up smoking and drinking to impress a girl.

On the other hand, no, most people do not enjoy life when they use things to stifle it. I'm glad your life has been apparently easy, but not everyone gets a primrose walk.

My life isn't easy. But I enjoy the challenges.
Being impaired would make me very worried that I would not be able to face the challenges.
So you ... don't enjoy life, so you take drugs?
Well, why not just make you life better?

In my opinion, as long as you never feel like you "need" it, you should be fine. I admittedly had a friend that would be in a shitty panicky mood when she wasn't high and said she needed it for her "anxiety", which is bullshit. That's a sign of dependence, and therefore an addiction, but if you just do it from time to time to mellow out there's nothing wrong with that.

But to answer "why the strong opposition to the casual, weekend warrior?", it's because it's objective. Everyone has their own opinions on how life should be lived, what's the best gym program, what's the best football team, religion, color, fruit, etc. It's stupid, but people just like telling others their opinions and try to convert/change/shun you if yours is different. Basically do what makes you happy, but make sure you're being honest with yourself if it's becoming problematic.

Also if you don't like caramel ice cream you should just cut your legs off and beat yourself with them you fucking idiot piece of shit.

Ah there it is

And drinking can give you mouth cancer, stomach cancer, and fuck your kidneys. Yet it's widely accepted.

weed is all natural and the least dangerous. some people smoke on weekends. some people smoke weed every day. some people use it as a crutch or an escape.
some people use it to unwind.

anti-weed/ straight-edge fags hating on it either because

1) they never tried it
2) they tried it, but didn't enjoy it
3) they'd rather get their high/fix from "white people crack", aka big pharm drugs, which have side effects including (but not limited to) insomnia, loss of appetite, depression, recurring thoughts of suicide, and sometimes death

weed will never be as popular as alcohol because

1) weed is too easy to grow, relative to fermenting alcohol
2) lots of mafia and political connections to alcoholic beverage companies
3) weed opens up the mind to some extent (given the proper usage), bad for trying to control a mass population
4) big pharm
5) another bullshit reason to arrest minorities

what is this faggotry,,,,,,,

this thread is cancer, the king orders you to delete it.

Don't forget the war on drugs needs to continue so organisations like the DEA can keep getting funding.

Legalise all drugs and have the government tax them and you'd stop cartels bringing that shit into your country. But nope. That'd be too easy

>weed is all natural and the least dangerous

Which is exactly the problem, because if there is no hangover or negative after effects it easily becomes a daily habit.

>some people smoke on weekends

Good for them, try to keep it that way

>some people smoke weed every day

And these people are fucking morons. Smoking daily makes you numb, stupid and broke.

>some people use it as a crutch or an escape

Only idiots and weaklings try to escape the world with psychoactive substances. If you can’t deal with reality, kill yourself.

>anti-weed/ straight-edge fags hating on it either because

>1) they never tried it

Smoked occasionally for 3 years, smoked daily for 2.

>2) they tried it, but didn't enjoy it

Who the fuck ”falls in love” with weed? The first 20 times or so it’s cool. After that it’s alright at most.

>3) they'd rather get their high/fix from "white people crack", aka big pharm drugs, which have side effects including (but not limited to) insomnia, loss of appetite, depression, recurring thoughts of suicide, and sometimes death

Just use shrooms. Psychedelics are quite literally the best drugs out there

I'm not really a fan of anything that alters the mind. Nor am I really a fan of people using mind altering substances while driving. I think these substances have their place, but that place is not everyday life.

I just don't like seeing people make their lives about it, and claim they aren't addicted. I don't like watching friends and family change because of it.

If you want to use it recreationally, then fine man. Just don't expect me to support that.

>Just use shrooms. Psychedelics are quite literally the best drugs out there

i enjoy a shroom trip too but only every once in awhile. it's way too psyche for my taste

When presented with an entire article backed by scientific studies and data your response consists of wording choices which don't change the meaning of what was meant to be said and some bullshit about spelling shruumies wrong, which were all 'mistakes' committed by me and not the articles writer which is the relevant piece of information to the topic at hand.

You're truly an intellectual, that totally refuted my position/elaborated constructively upon it. Now I understand why you're on advice asking for debates, and couldn't keep up with you.

Next time ask for a debate in .

Surface Engineers must be too busy trying to ban a certain Jow Forums boy who did nothing wrong instead of doing their jobs.

Bullshit, present data or gtfo.

Hasty Generalization fallacy.

Ad Populum and not understanding the social, economical, scientific and political reasons behind the legalization of alcohol and illegality of weed.

New fag not knowing how Jow Forums works.

>you know what will stop organized crime?
>legalizing their contraband in order to make their business legitimate whilst taking rash measures which could have social-economical impacts that could very well be irreversible and are poorly understood besides being mere speculation

I don't like pot smoker because they smell like shit and are often shitty people. They also get fussy when you ask them not to bring drugs into your fucking car or house. I had a "friend" who needed a ride so I picked him up, he told me to make pit stop on the way to drop him off home and the fucker sold drugs out of my fucking car. Never talked to him again.

A lot of posts on this already but i'll toss my two cents in. I'll keep it as short as possible and say for the majority of habitual pot smokers that don't have legitimate chronic pain, medical conditions. They rely on weed as an anti depressant to self medicate, generally drug users and depressed people engage in truly shitty activities that make their lives worse and the lives of the people around them worse. Most of them are not aware of this. On top of this serious issue that's overlooked constantly weed culture and drug culture is an autistic cancer, it makes people legit retarded while they're high.

That being said, I don't think the few people that can handle it are an issue. And the people that need it aren't an issue. but those two reasons are why so many people are annoyed about it, even if they aren't aware why they are.

>is. On top of this serious issue that's overlooked constantly weed culture and drug culture is an autistic cancer, it makes people legit retarded while they're high.

This, it's not even about opening your mind to shamanistic experiences anymore, and has become the very thing that people once used as a parody for drug users. If weed smokers were out there sharing their philosophy in coherent and educated manner I would have more respect for them. However I always find they are low self esteem high school dropouts that have not read a book in years much less written a single line of literature or poetry.

How is weed worse than LSD or shrooms? Hallucogens are far, far, harsher on the mind than marijuana

dude weed lmao

Just wanted to post to say marijuana is less dangerous than beer and I guarantee you anyone who's still actively opposed to legalization is either misinformed, racist, or standing to lose money when pot moves off the black market.
>changemymindtable.jpg

Attached: 1289286115092.jpg (500x345, 50K)

I really give zero shits if someone smokes or not, but when they smoke in public, around other people, or in places where any smoking is prohibited by law, they cross the line.

Alcohol and tobacco are much worse than weed what are you even talking about?

> not understanding the social, economical, scientific and political reasons behind the legalization of alcohol and illegality of weed.
>scientific
Really user?

Most people in reality don't care either way (at least in the west). Its one of these issues that seem more relevant than it actually is because of how online echo chambers work.

As many have pointed out moderation is the key. If you start forming your identity or mood around any one thing (regardless of what it is) you will run into problems.

Smoking frequently causes a chemical imbalance that makes you irritated when you arent high.

Weed makes me literally psychotic so I cant smoke it. When I was a stoner I didnt care about other people or things, just getting high.

Im convinced that stoners cant see past their own propaganda bubble. They are told that weed is good and because it gets them high, they believe it.

Its a few things.
Most stoners are high constantly.
Most stoners embrace stupidity culture.
Most stoners are high in situations that they shouldn't be.
And smoking too much will turn you stupid.
Most baby boomers cant go a day with out both soda and ice cream...

I would rather have weed.

>I was a bad pothead therefore all potheads are bad
Sorry you can't hang, but there's responsible pot smokers along with the burnouts, just like there's responsible drinkers out among the drunks.

Why the fuck would you want to be invited into the circle of degenerate coke heads? High chance there was at least one homeless person in that clique.

>questioning my stance without reading my sources

I never said that.

Alcohol is deeply rooted with our culture due to its use for centuries and is accepted by society, so much so that brewing businesses are hundreds of years old and contribute quite a bit to any countries economy due to sales and taxes on booze; despite there being studies that say that it's pretty bad in terms of addiction and harm and causes a lot of deaths directly and indirectly politicians will never be able to outlaw it due to popularity nor is it in the country's best interests to do so economically, so instead they just apply taxes and other measures to 'diminish' consumption and popularity.
Weed on the other hand has no pertinent cultural ties with western or eastern society, is pretty shunned due to being labeled as a drug and government cracks down on it so it has no economical relevance either and actually costs tax payers money due to drug control. The reason why it's not legalized is because there's not enough scientific studies about it, and the one's that do exist dismiss wonder drug propaganda but show that if genetically modified to suppress unwanted/bad side effects it can have safe health benefits, even if it was a perfect drug the government has better and more relevant things to do than to pass laws about some drug that only a fringe amount of voters want legalized, and even if the people did want it that doesn't mean that government will take rash actions to implement that drug into society because "the people said so", ad populum doesn't dismiss the fact that only now are there observable cases of societies were weed is legalized, which again, need to be further studied for short and long term consequences of legalization.
The only country crazy about it is USA and its not even legal in 1/5 of states, no where else does weed have a chance of being legalized for recreational purposes for the time being.

Says the man who feels more happiness from a clean car with no dents than the birth of his own daughter.

You disgust me.

Go on, eat your nightly bowl of ice cream.

>Should I stop smoking?
if you want to. weed is not a big deal. some people smoke it, some dont. doesnt really matter either way unless it fucks your shit up.
i have been using cannabis daily (see: all day, every day) for 15 years. it helps with my mental issues, chronic pain from an old injury, and i enjoy it in general. i dislike the dudeweedlmao culture deeply. i consider myself to be moderately successful. weed does not necessarily= degenerate failure

>alcohol is a technological achievement in horticulture and chemistry
>pot literally grows out of the ground, is actually genetic cousin of plant everyone's making beer out of
You are the most misinformed person I've ever seen. Marijuana has always been a natural remedy for all kinds of things among native american peoples. Weed was in human usage long before the discovery of alcohol. And as far as this arbitrary benchmark of "culture", you're drinking the kool-aid on the America's racist smear campaign to turn pot into the rape fuel of the mexicans and jazz negroes so whitey can toss all the people who don't agree with him in jail. Anyone who's still actively opposed to legalization is either misinformed, racist, or standing to lose money when pot moves off the black market. Which is it grandpa?

I grew up around 24/7 pot smoking. As a kid, nothing was more painful than being isolated from my family for hours because they went to get high. I could never, and cannot, smoke, as I have severe asthma. That isolation and inability to participate in it hurt me, and that pain echoes to this day whenever people around me smoke, making me feel very lonely and uncomfortable and left out.

So. That's why I don't want to be around smoking. At most, I'll do an edible every now and then with my boyfriend, and we'll have a good time. But I hate the smoking aspect, and want nothing to do with it. I'll be friends with stoners, but if we can't hang out without them smoking, I'll pass. It just isn't worth being reminded of bad memories and associations.

tl;dr do what you want senpai, my issues with it are my own and I just steer clear bc of it.

This is a perfectly reasonable way to be, and anyone who can't respect that is a dick.
>t. stoner

I've yet to meet a stoner that I wasn't related to that didn't agree with my mentality. At the very least, if they're too heavy into getting stoned, they respect that we can't be anything more than friendly acquaintances due to living very different lives, and that it's okay.

Still, though, it sucks to have such negative associations and limitations due to my health. I also have had acute pancreatitis before, making the amount of drinking I can do be extremely limited in frequency and in quantity.

If you have everything under control, smoking a joint on Saturday night is obviously fine, but you are the exception. I've interacted with so many smokers throughout my life and the well adjusted stoner is mostly a myth. The ratio is 1 to 100 at best

You might see the whole drug thing a little differently with age and get kids. getting wasted or stoned will probably feel like a waste of time or inappropriate, like going to your dealer before picking up your son from soccer practice feels wrong

You realize your biggest objection is not the drugs themselves, but the "stigma" of "being on drugs". A majority of people are on drugs right now, the only difference is most of them are legal. Most of them are legal to buy and administer yourself. Being "on drugs" doesn't make you a bad person. The fact that you're looking to stigmatize "illegal drugs" just goes to show why so many people irrationally hate "drug users" while popping their advil and their sleep aids. Drugs are not a moral issue. Some people need drugs to live. Some people want drugs to make day-to-day life more bearable for a whole host of reasons. If people are taking care of themselves and the responsibilities they have, butt out about what they do on their own time shrill-ass church lady.

Go to the rekt threads on /gif/
Go see how that "peaceful bud" gets to you.
Watch people get tied up and stabbed in the Mexican deserts.
Watch family members of people who got caught up get gunned down in drive bys.
Watch women get beheaded with pocket knifes

Come back and tell me smoking weed doesn't hurt anyone.
Your "relaxing party buzz" directly causes disgusting crimes against nature.

You're insane. Most of us dont even smoke mexican anymore. Everything i smoke is grown locally.

Do you also believe reffer madness?

>reffer
Of course not, and just because you don't smoke it doesn't mean that millions of dollars worth of money from marijuana goes to disgusting Mexican beasts.
Why not just have a drink or two?

>make thing illegal
>still huge demand for thing
>now that it's illegal, anyone who dabbles in thing is now a criminal
>act surprised when criminal black market sprouts up around money and illegal commodities
>legalize marijuana
>suddenly not black market commodity
>huge profit line cut directly out of pockets from crazy cartels, taxed by white market economy, making the government money
>WE CAN'T DO THAT, WEED'S ILLEGAL BECAUSE REASONS A BLOO BLOO BLOO THINK OF THE CHILDREN
This is exactly what happened in the 20's when they criminalized alcohol. Prohibition DOESN'T WORK. And black markets can't exist for mostly harmless products that are regulated openly. There is literally no good argument in the face of every positive result of decriminalizing and regulating marijuana. Cherry pick your bullshit studies, but the fact of the matter is pot has been smoked openly in places for more than a decade now and the results have been tax revenue and decreases in youth smoking due to light of day regulation of the product.

It's not rocket science. Stop being so stupid.

>have a drink or two
no such thing as ethical consumption, all purchases support exploitation, murder and tyranny