Next month I will be graduating with a BA in philosophy, I'm very anxious, nervous and excited at the same time...

Next month I will be graduating with a BA in philosophy, I'm very anxious, nervous and excited at the same time. What awaits me out there in the real world?

Attached: camus.jpg (162x227, 13K)

Did you enjoy your coursework? Which would you say were the best courses? I'm thinking about doing a minor in philosophy.

Philosophy BA holder. Do it. Nothing else will help you think, write, or speak as clearly. You will learn to argue and defend, hold opposing viewpoints in your mind at the same time, and present your case convincingly.

That said, prepare now for what's next. In your case this will most likely mean grad school, unless you're certain now of what you'd like to do. Law or communications are a natural fit, but with philosophy you can really do anything. Some do criminal justice, some write books and teach and present at conferences, some end up writing the next hit ad copy.

OP - Ask yourself now where you see yourself in 10 years. Then draw yourself out a diagram of how to get there. Start following it now. Don't wait and dicker around or worry about other people. Just throw yourself headlong into your life, because it's really very short and the danger of philosophy is getting so stuck in your head you never take any meaningful action. Go grab the world by the balls.

Serious question: how do you make money to support yourself? You'll be miles in debt when you graduate. Do you really want to be paying that until you're 40 with your $12 an hour job?

How does anybody else with a degree support themselves? You find a job and work your way up. My last gig paid $70k a year. I bounce between the nonprofit and business sectors. Somehow my philosophy education translated into talents for reading the fine print and persuading donors, go figure.

My college is already paid for and has been for years. I'm in my early 30s.

How can I be like you? I want a 70k job.

Camus, really? Out of all philosophers.

Don’t go to college. Learn a trade

which trade? don't say plumbing. i don't want to deal with poop.

You make 70k out of school with a philosophy degree? Bullshit

Read the full post, I'm in my 30s. I worked my way up. Everybody does.

Masonry?
It will make you tough and hard and expert masons can make 6 figures

have fun with no job and debt hahaha STEM is the best lelellelel x d

Existential angst. Imposter syndrome. Questioning all life choices. More time on Jow Forums.

law school!

this meme again

great advice here

pic related: you

Attached: 1503524760750.jpg (300x348, 24K)

He's already too deep. No need to discourage him. There are many things he can do to salvage himself.

You’re an under bright over educated faggot who can’t get a job.

>my philosophy degree has nothing to,do with what I do now

It literally said in the post exactly what it has to do with what I do now.