Modafinil/Ritalin/Adderall/Dexedrine

Anyone tried reading/studying with the help of these babies? Were the results higher or lower than expected?

I've read that countless personalities used various drugs either for creativity or productivity in their works so i was wondering to maybe get some of them from either UK or the US

Attached: thumb.jpg (800x826, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medicaldaily.com/adderall-ritalin-side-effects-are-there-long-term-risks-dexedrine-or-411714
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm on Concerta and it helps a lot with reading and staying focused. I've diagnosed with ADHD at 28

I found a new study method for me. Two days before the exam I pop an adderall. I focus and study for 12 hours. Crushed the last couple.of exams thay way

I was diagnosed with ADD, anxiety, and mild depression. I just started Wellbutrin, and I've noticed a slight increase in focus, but mainly I've noticed that whatever I'm doing, I can do for hours without getting bored. Reading included.

(But this often results in looking at memes for hours on end)

Modafinil did nothing to me, but I was on bupropion at those times so maybe that blocked it, and bupropion didnt even help.
I also tried atomoxetine and it did give a more "focused" or "sharp" state of mind, but it made my dick shrink and I couldnt pee, also made me suicidal sometimes.
I wish I could just get adderal, but I don't really feel the need for any of those things. I just stick to coffee now because I'm always sleepy.

Also people who's minds do not exist in 5 continuous parallel worlds need not reply. Some of us really do have a difficulty in concentrating when reading. As specially when it's too much for the brain to process

>I've diagnosed with ADHD at 28

Oogla boogla I'm a mongloid!

>As specially when it's too much for the brain to process

Oogla boogla I'm a mongloid!*2

>t. crack baby

I always felt like I had trouble concentrating but the two times in my lifr Ive gone to getbtested the psychs said I was fine. The second one was nice enough to put me on Vyvanse anyways which definitely helps with focus and retention of things I studied, but the come down was fucking hell. Like 5 hours of the day after I take it where Im the best version of me, energized and attentive and thinking as hard as my thunkbox can go, then an hour or two after that where the good effects are gone but the bad ones havent kicked in yet but I can feel them coming (like a period but for adhd medicine), and then the rest kf the fucking day where I just feel like absolute shit. My back hurts, my brain feels like mush, and I am starving but I cant fucking bring myself to eat. My body aches (doubly so if I had played ball that day) and Im just fuxking exhausted but I wont be able to sleep until way later that night. The side effects even seep over into the next day a little, and the only way to cancel them out is to pop another one the next day. Had to stop because Id rather be a brainlet than feel like a zombie past 2pm everyday.

So yeah ask your doc and be sure to find the right medicine for you, and report your side effects. I didn't because I couldn't be assed to continue trying new drugs when that one wore me out so much.

Pretty sure I have adhd but I keep delaying my appointments with psychiatrist. I also missed a few because I forgot.

I want medication sometimes, thinking it may help to some often severe focus and procrastianting issues I have in activities I very much enjoy. Other times I don't give a fuck, I am in one of those times right now.

I have to add that the first time I went to the psychiatrist she gave me antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds; told me to go back in about a week, but postponed it for about a year. Had a second appointment with a psychiatrist that prescribed me anti-anxiety meds and gave me an order for a psycho-diagonistic, which I scheduled (and paid for) but I forgot. About a year later I had the thiird appointment with yet another psychiatrist, I wanted to ask for the psychodiagnostic I missed, gave me an order about two months ago but I haven't paid for it yet so I don't think I will have it any sooner.

btw, does anyone knows what is the difference between psychodiagnostic and neuropsychological testing? The second psychiatrist wanted me to do both, the third only the fiirst but that's because I forgot to tell him about the second.

You should try to train your focus before you consider drugs. If that fails, then get tested. But just try to see if its you having shit focus from too much internet first. That's what happened to me. Still is happening haha

ADD isnt real you're all just gradient fools who lived cushioned enough to cash in on a meme and get performancing enhancing drugs, its akin to having a kid naturally bad at sports prescribed steroids fucking mad

Any drug which forces focus will also force a tunnelling of perspective.
I guarantee while you may be able to retain mundane information through their use you will find your sensitivity numbed and be only able to produce the most worthless readings of texts to the point you would have been just as well not reading at all

ITT: Medicated cop-outs

From my experience people expect it to be some magical substance, while in reality sheer willpower can't be replaced by a pill. Don't forget taking these drugs has consequences.

I used to be on Vyvanze. It was great but I didn't like being addicted to a pill just to function. I weaned myself off and now I just use coffee, but sometimes I miss the days when I could just sink 12 hours into a book without even trying. What I most appreciated about Vyvanze is how it sort of retaught me what it was like to concentrate--my first weeks on it were the first time in years that I really understood what the experience of being focused was.

Attention is the most valuable psychic resource we have. We have to cherish it, folks

I often study under the effects of adrenaline: when it's a week before finals and I haven't cracked a book the whole semester, a lovely sense of panic settles in my stomach and allows me to cram a few thousand pages in said week. It's pretty stressful (I get horrible headaches), but it keeps me at 3.8GPA, so it's alright.

Just don't eat sugar or any other processed carb shit. Does wonders to your mental clarity. Especially noticeable if one does meditation, the difference between meditating clear and on carbshit influence is insane. Sugar makes you stupid and lazy.

Anyone on Gabapentin here?

can any of these drugs you mention be bought in the internet? i'd like to experiment with them first hand

i live in europe

You might make fun of me, but literally all of my ideas are always simultaneously floating around inside my head, and if they might make some sense if i put them in perspective, i always fail to connect them and tell something concrete about it.

Yes, I take Concerta. It improves your stickability but at the cost of depth.
Anybody have experience with Modafinil? Would love to see how it compares.

IIRC you can find them on the internet if you look in the right places, but it would still be illegal if the package gets busted in customs

woah man you're so unique. what a fascinating person

3.8 Giga pascales?

I used to order modafinil (and the different flavors of it, Waklert, Modvigil, Modalert and Artvigil) online. The site I used closed but you can find alternative stores online.

It's ok, it's like energy and maybe slight slight focus improvement. Good for loosing weight because it destroys your appetite. Not same focus as adderall sadly. But I can't find aderall online.

in my experience modafinil is awesome. it's less intense than adderall, but it still fucking works and it doesnt have any of the side effects, it's not even addictive.

>Adderall
This trash gives you a sense of false grandeur. Coming off of this drug can cause massive despair. We have someone on Jow Forums that is honestly trying to recover from it and he is having serious trouble coming to grips with his mediocrity after living in drug-induced narcissism for a few years. He is, without exaggeration, suicidal. We just had someone off themselves. It may be the same person.

>Gabapentin
muh nigga. Yeah that shit is great. Like a super weak opiod but also has the effect of making me more social. I had it for an injury so my script ran out.

Stop it!

is this the sort of person that thinks they know all the material but are just "bad test takers" lel

>The shrink says I'm fine
>He prescribed drugs for me, anyways
>You should get diagnosed as being fine, too - so you can get prescribed drugs
Kek. The war on drugs totally has their guns pointed in the wrong direction.

I can attest to the illusions of grandeur thing, if you're not careful you may end up being a real ass to people you care about when you're on it. Good God is it nice for a few hours, but after a while you're just left feeling speedy and neurotic.

>Pretty sure I have adhd but I keep delaying my appointments with psychiatrist.
You will be better served by solving your own problems than by seeking solace in prescription medication.

>If that fails, then get tested.
Fuck that. If that fails then continue working at it. Knowing that you will later rely on a crutch, completely undermines the effort you make towards a goal.
>know in your heart that you are the only one that truly cares about your problems
This is the path to solving your problems.

I see nothing wrong with an informed decision to take medicine that could aid you even if you arent deemed to be in need of it. Why settle for just getting by when you could be thriving?

Cant even get this shits where I live

Lmfao Holy shit

>5 continuous parallel worlds

Is that your experience? Can you describe it more? I feel that I often have parallel thoughts, though usually just one inner monologue, or at least just one that I am aware of. Maybe I have more than one. Sometimes I switch from one line of reasoning to another without meaning to, which slows me down quite a bit. It's like being interrupted, but by your own thoughts rather than a comment or request from another person.

Attached: 1490351291242.gif (394x222, 3.14M)

>Why settle for just getting by when you could be thriving?
The "thriving" is imaginary. One of my neighbors is an Adderal dope fiend. She is still an average fuck like everyone else. She only imagines her imperial majesty. Everyone else just laughs at her. It is fucking sad. I understand that she has lost perspective so she will probably never be able to see her way out of the hole. Please do not talk perfectly healthy people into the hole with her.
>an informed decision
If most people understood these drugs then they would steer clear of them. The psychiatrist has a conflict of interest. He makes no money off of treatments that he does not manage.

>Cant even get this shits where I live
Good for you, bro.

>lmfao holy shit that’s like so mean and edgy
Back to >>>/reddit/ kiddo

IME, amps are fabulous for more technical nonfiction (couldn't have gotten my math degree without them) but an impediment to reading/appreciating fiction. When I try to read a novel stimmed, usually it just feels like a waste of time, and I would rather be doing something tangibly productive.

Curious. I have a similar list of diagnoses, and literally all Wellbutrin did for me was make me feel dumb. If it works for you, great; it's certainly more sustainable than many other ADD meds.

>Sometimes I switch from one line of reasoning to another without meaning to, which slows me down quite a bit. It's like being interrupted, but by your own thoughts rather than a comment or request from another person.

More or less this. I built up a couple of explanations of reality for myself that are parallel to each other and depending on the context i switch to either, but i cant make a coherent argument because of it.

I feel that those ideas are not inherently wrong, as i feel they describe best the way i view reality, but ultimately i fail at connecting them in providing "The Big Picture" as a single thesis

>but i cant make a coherent argument because of it.
Pens and paper are cheap in first world countries. Write your conflicting thoughts on paper and parse the data. Patterns will emerge. This is basic cogitation. You are far from unique. Your bug is a feature that all of us have. We just do not let it cripple us.

I highly doubt i can "just" write the thoughts relating to the nature of consciousness analyzed through the scientific method by a nuclear physicist as of a decade ago, it's relation to our "objective" reality as well as how it affects humanity on a social and economical scale.

Sounds like you have something, some kind of neurological or mood/attention deficit.

I think the people on this board may not be the best people to ask for advice about this, so take this with a grain of salt:

I took vyvanse for years and it probably helped me finish college, but I went off of it three years ago and I am glad I did, since I'm doing reasonably well without it. Your case sounds a little more serious than mine based on your description, so I would say you might want some sort of intervention, if not medication, then CBT or coaching or something? Rather than regular life coaching, it sounds like you need something more focussed on organization and what not. Unfortunately I don't know if this exists.

I recently I got a full battery of neuropsych exams and it turns out that I have a slightly short attention span, but that really my problem is slow processing time, not short attention span. And for that there is no drug, which is fine by me at this point. I just have to deal with it by being selective about what I try to take on. (Although I do take wellbutrin and zoloft, which probably helps me deal with it since I don't avoid tasks in the first place as much)

My point in telling you this is that you should get the evaluation, both or either, just get it done. The information you'll get from it will really help you figure out what to do to improve your situation; at least that was my experience.

Attached: 1481633530302.jpg (1920x1080, 1.25M)

>tfw live in sensible country so i got ecstasy as a teenager instead of it's modified low dose cousin
these drugs are utterly unappealing to me. most of their benefit is they make you feel slightly happier about study time through operant conditioning, equivalent to if you gave kids sweets for coming through the school doors, and a minor effect on concentration. compared to the love, joy, focus, meaning and determination you can get off the street variants for a fraction of the price and in a much nicer situation than school/work to get attached to, i don't see the point.
only in america could you complain its drug addicts are becoming overeducated officer workers and retail workers. everywhere else would wonder why they're so bad at being drug addicts even when their mother will feed them speed. do they not know about better drugs?

I disagree with treating amphetamines in a blanket "drugs r bad 4 u" way because there are people that see legitimate improvement in their lives because of them. I'm not one of the extreme cases that wind up using them everyday for the rest of their lives and see long-term improvement, but my grades were consistentky higher than normal while I was on them, and I was participating in more school events and hanging out with friends more. There will always be people with addictive personalities and yeah shrinks will prey on these types for their easy prescription $$$ but why should that have any bearing on people who know themselves, know they aren't the type to easily medicate, and bother to do their due diligence? The moment my doc mentioned a drug name I was doing research on it and reading testimonies and forum discussions on it for a month before I decided to try it, and even then I dropped it within the year despite it having positive effects. Not everyone is some high school junkie. Just by making this thread OP atleast proves he has the basic sense to ask someone before pulling the trigger.

Attached: IMG_20180303_204920.jpg (616x502, 40K)

>break my balls for weeks doing work
>end up doing well but had to work for it
>flatmate smokes weed and plays assassin's creed until a week and a half before his shit is due
>burns through all the work on modafinil and does ok

dude ill just sit on my ass and do fuck all then pop some pills to get by :^)

>I highly doubt i can "just"
So, you're not even going to try. You will just continue to be a non-contender rather than risk exposing yourself as a loser.

>It's like being interrupted, but by your own thoughts rather than a comment or request from another person.

Fucking hell its good to know other people have this too. I sometimes have so much trouble trying to zero in on one of the screaming voices in the cacaphony of ideas and arguments I just get dazed and lose track of myself. I'll have one part of me shouting a counter-argument to the other part of me before Ive even fucking finished formulating that first argument, and then Im confronted with a choice of which line of reasoning to focus in on, because I will definitely have forgotten the other by the time Im done forming this one, and if I try to chase both thoughts theyre both going to wind up half-baked.

>Yes, I take Concerta. It improves your stickability but at the cost of depth.

this is what people avoid talking about

Thanks for noticing me. People these day seems to think a good post has to be paragraph long.

stims, psychedelics, opium

that’s sanctified triad of substances for writere

slow processing time means low iq just so people know

Its nowhere near that simple. Data suggests total processing has little relationship to IQ. Otherwise whales and elephants would be far more intelligent than us

I took adderall daily for about 12 years and I think it did fry my brain a little although it also got me through grad school and the beginning of my career. I went off it about a year and a half ago and have been extremely scatterbrained and forgetful that entire time with no signs of abating. My work performance has suffered and I've become somewhat depressed. It's a good tool to use every once in awhile to cram for a test but taking it as prescribed can really fuck you up in the long term.

i feared this was the case

I've was diagnosed at 5 and have taken all of them, except for desoxyn, and modafinal which doesn't belong in that set.
Yes they help people study. Personally I am a fucking wreck and can't do much without them, so I can't help you.
I still study without them but I don't stay on topic.
They aren't as effective as self discipline but fuck it, you might as well.

how much did you take? xr/ir?

Between 20-30mg a day. IR for most of my time.

Let me tell you
Dexedrine is the best
Adderal isn't quite as good.
Ritalin wears off really quick, which is good but doesn't have amphetamines power.
Vyvanse and concerta and any extended release are trash.

The beneficial effect of the drug is being able to focus on something you might think as menial and boring, but that's about it.
You won't remember things better (possibly even worse if you associate learning with taking stimulants), but as aforementioned it will help you if you're slacking. Either way, the comedown is different for everyone and Ritalin definitely does me in for a good 1-3 hours after taking some. In other words; not worth it for me.
It is better to schedule your studying/reading out if you're having trouble with it with things like the Pomodoro method, spacing it to your own liking, etc.

Can confirm dextroamphetamine are the cleanest stim I've had compared to Ritalin/Adderal (the latter of which I hated)
No comedown for me either.

>I've diagnosed with ADHD at 28
>Oogla boogla I'm a mongloid!

I forgot a word, so fuck off.

You can get prescribed Ritalin in most of Europe countries

>damaing his Dopamine Receptors because he can't focus
>damaging his neurotransmitter because he's not creative enough

Pathetic

where in europe

[Citation Needed]

medicaldaily.com/adderall-ritalin-side-effects-are-there-long-term-risks-dexedrine-or-411714

>Opinion
2-3 cited studies

you're a moron who doesn't understand studies if you read them, let alone the methodology

>I will hijack my dopamine receptors by producing more of it
>dopamine producing transmitters atrophy because external factor produce it
>external factor disappear
>downregulation hits because receptors are used to producing lower baseline of given neurotransmitter

See through your delusions and study some neuroscience

is the brain really so simple?

again, you know nothing of neuroscience, the brain, or anything of the sort
alcohol """hijacks""" your dopamine receptors too, having sex """"hijack"""" your dopamine receptors too, you're quite frankly an empty-headed Jow Forums poster who doesn't understand anything to do with neurology

No, it has great elasticity and just refers to possible outcomes either way.

classic Jow Forums scientists here

spain, why?

Yeah but we're still better than you. Get fucked.

Well every European country is different, isn't it? What's the point of saying "I live in Europe" if we have no idea which country your from and what that country's laws are?

i said it just to say that i'm not in US because all the drugs i heard sounded american

Similar situation here, I feel like I've gotten more forgetful, but I'm not sure how much of that is just my imagination. I've always kind of been that way, so maybe I've just found a new excuse. Hard to say.

>having sex
>having alcohol

>he doesn’t know the difference between naturally induced to artificially induced dopamine
> he drinks alcohol like a common prole

D e l u d e d

Attached: inaccurate info.png (593x658, 505K)

i feel fuzzy without it, very frustrating.

damn best response btfo

stims, and particularly amphetamine work, VERY well. But once you're on an established dosage make sure that you don't exceed it under any circumstances since even one large dose could create permanent tolerance.

Also, schizotypal + stims = godsend, since it helps counteract the negatives of this personality type (like general sloppiness/disorganization) and lets you make use of your divergent thinking in a constructive way. I think being schizotypal is why I never got some of the side effects that normies talk about with stims.

he's a fucking idiot. I don't have them off the top of my head, but I've seen studies thrown around that showed 50mg amphetamine daily is the cut off for neurotoxicity, which is more than you should ever take t b h. Below that it's possibly neuroprotective for people with legitimate adhd. Not taking it is quite literally irresponsible for someone like that.

>Inb4 muh not natural. modern society isn't natural you fucking mong. we need chemicals to cope

>I don't know for sure
>But I know for sure it's good for you

Attached: 1501883453280.png (248x454, 160K)

I'm allowed to make a strong normative statement based on an uncertain though probable (from my perspective) premise.

Never gonna make it

>it's probable because I say so
Well then it's not probable because I say so. Checkmate.

Is that why professional athletes and people in intellectually demanding careers with long hours abuse adderall, because it’s all in their heads? It won’t turn you into a surgeon or pro athlete but amphetamines are very effective, especially in the short term, at enhancing many aspects of human performance.

Fun fact: banning and testing for amphetamines had a much more significant impact on pro baseball performance than banning steroids did.

Hate this meme but are you me? Its hard to still the contentious voice long enough for the author to state his terms and argument without your contentions voice breaking the context. The days I do manage to focus I can feel the change if the message is true.

You're a mongoloid for believing ADHD isn't just an excuse to sell adderall

have you tried BPC-157, i heard it helps with adderall overuse

Modafinil doesn't make you focus, its just glorified coffee in a pill that doesn't increase your heart rate

I do think that it's overdiagnosed nowadays, but honestly just fuck you. You'll never know how it is to feel like an alien in the face of supposedly normal social situations, to learn and think in different ways than most "normal" people do. You still learn and think effectively in your own way, you just aren't able to communicate it as well. Even people with similar "conditions" aren't going to do things the same way as others, so as much as some groups try, it will never be something that can have an overarching diagnoses and "treatment". A lot of us are forced to either isolate ourselves and learn to emulate "normal" human behavior, accept being shunned, or get thrown out as "failures".

Well quite frankly I don't give a shit what you dumb fucks think about me, you can keep on congregating in your groups, taking sides against others just because they don't conform to your own, without ever trying to look at things from an outside perspective. I'll be happy watching from the sidelines when you end up gunning each other down.