Is it illegal to park on a residential street and live in your car and sleep there for an extended period of time?

Is it illegal to park on a residential street and live in your car and sleep there for an extended period of time?

Like I'm talking months.

Also I'm from Canada, google didn't give me a clear answer.

Attached: cars-parked-on-street.jpg (720x250, 214K)

Parking in Canada is municipal jurisdiction. What city?

Spruce Grove, AB

Also, Spruce Grove is a small town.

I bet they have zero laws about people sleeping in their cars.
The cops couldn't do shit I bet.

I could be horribly wrong though.

Attached: 1516892888852.jpg (648x800, 92K)

Don't give anyone a reason to complain about your presence, or even notice it. Keep your car neat so you don't look shady if cops approach. I recommend getting a weapon for protection in the glove box and just parking at a highway rest stop. That's legal. If you park on residential streets just switch it up every day so no one notices you.

nah, I have a friend who owns a house that is letting me live on the side of the street and give me power and internet through cords connected to my car.

I just don't want his neighbors to complain.

I plan on being there for months.

I'd call the cops on you the first day. You want to live in my neighborhood buy a house like the rest of us.

You don't own the neighborhood. You own one small piece of it. Don't be a cunt, if he's not doing anyone any harm then what is your issue?

The cops aren't going to do shit especially if op's in front of his friends house.

Wasting everybody's time.

I pay taxes and that tax bill keeps the undesirable element out. No squatters allowed that drives down my property value and encourages more squatters that can make it unsafe for my family. Out

Yes they will. They will make him move along. A residential street isn't his parking lot. He'll have every property owner on the street raising hell.

Prove it or fuck off.

Good luck op, hopeful you dont experience any faggorty like

come park on my street and try to stay you fucking vagrant

So you plan on having tripping hazards placed over the sidewalk for months on end?

If it’s a white community they’re not going to be okay with that shit. If there are already lots of bums and vagrants you might get by.

>I bet they have zero laws about people sleeping in their cars.
Small towns are the worst for shit like this. They usually have straight-up vagrancy laws on the books that permit the cops to tell anyone to move along at any time, and they've just not been challenged and struck down.

Seriously, don't think that because it's a small town there'll be no law on the books because they've not had to deal with it before. The way it usually works is they hire a law firm that does municipal law to help consult them on an ordinance rewrite (a lot of this happened in the 80s and 90s), and they just provide a recommended "package" of ordinances. You can see this has happened when you look at municipal ordinances throughout a state. While there's some minor variation, a lot of the individual ordinances are word-for-word copies.

Also, even if the small town does not have a significant body of ordinances, old Johnny Law will still tell you to move the fuck along and bust your ass for refusing to comply. Doing it in a residential area will make it ten times more likely someone will complain.

It's totally possible to live in your car in a small town, small city, or even big city. Totally possible. But it's going to be fraught with challenges and you'll have to "move along" all the time.

>cords connected to my car.
This is gonna get your friend in trouble somehow. The neighborhood is gonna be pissed and even if the cops don't tell you to move along immediately, the town is going to cook up an ordinance violation and have your car removed.

Why the fuck can't he let you crash on his couch?

Park in his driveway if you have a van rather than a car, or even if you do. Couch crash. In my city we are so fucking tired of the bums and the car campers that there have been a few car bombs planted or cars torched over that shit. Cops are the least of your worries.

if i was sleeping in my car and some do gooder cunt like you tried to get me to fuck off for no reason, I would go for a quick trip to the petrol station and burn your fucking house down

Holy fuck that's my hometown

I don't know if it is legal or not, but I spent a month sleeping in my car on a residential street back in 2015. I'd pull up there late at night when I wanted to go to bed, and I'd wake up right around the time everyone else was leaving for work and I"d just move my car somewhere else. Nobody ever bothered me, don't think anybody ever noticed at all.

Just don't leave your car on the street all day for months straight, someone will definitely notice then.

Attached: 1506250157617.jpg (301x267, 19K)

This. Or I'd grab my AR and run you off the lot.

Get a job homeless bum.

>I would go for a quick trip to the petrol station and burn your fucking house down
And this is why people don't want crazy bums living in cars in their neighborhood. Because we don't want to get burned out of our houses when something completely normal like asking you to stop being an eyesore sets you off.

Hey thats my hometown OP. Well more like outside Stony in the country, but still. Havent been there in years, not since queen street was destroyed for the rexall medical place

>outside Stony in the country

Not op but same, wtf
Were you a Graminia kid by any chance?

>OP has a car
Scrape together some money and go to Vancouver. If someone tells you to move along you can probably sue claiming you sexually identify as a parked car. Plus you can get real benefits and don't have to live like a hillbilly in the hillbilly country that is Alberta.

Damn...this would work if you proved you are on the road because you like it and not because your homeless.

check out van life stuff on the internet.
you need to be stealthy.
and you better talk to a lawyer about local laws.