Theological question

Hello user ! (Christ has risen , for those who celebrate it)

It's really hard for me to find my peace because all the atheist propaganda (not that I'm at all against it) . I'm forced to go through all sorts of mental gymastics and it gets annoyng , agitating .

Attached: cross.jpg (300x300, 5K)

Silly, God isn’t real. I followed Christ for 6 years fully Devine into his word and being saved. But had a greater change from psychedelic drug. You are your own God. I will speak publicly and prove Christianity wrong. I plan on ending all religions for they are wrong. Remember my name. The puppeteer

The fact that you struggle means you don't know what you believe is true. You require faith to believe, which doesn't really validate your beliefs, since practically all religions rely on faith. Then there's the multiverse, which sets up an infinite amount of religions and philosophies across all universes, leaving you wondering which religion is true in our universe, if spirituality even exists in this universe. It's also possible that spirituality and heaven exist without a religion or god (not a creator God, but a ruler-God, like Yahweh). Another possibility is evil demons are just tricking you into believing Christianity to harvest your souls for their power. How can you know what's true and what's false? Is it not possible that everything is an illusion?

:)) ok

even would give better answers

None of those boards would work. Only /b/, Jow Forums, Jow Forums and Jow Forums because OP is asking for personal advice based on beliefs. /x/ is just too LARPy and every third post is coherent.

The struggle is present at almost everybody . Our brains are set to asimilate only logic , God is above logic . When you have a spiritual experience there is a feeling above all else , but for that feeling to not discontinue you need to stay focused .
I was saying that all the fedora tips surrounding me , make my brain enter in debate mode when it's not the time and I hoped that maybe here is somebody who can give me an answer to that .

Anw , I much appreciate your tone and opinion , and that is an interesting implication of the multiverse theory .

>God is above logic
This is where I disagree. You can discover the existence of God through logic, but understanding God is not so easy. Religion offers a symbolic connection, but it's very shallow if you don't apply understanding. Perhaps you should look beyond literal interpretations of the Bible and consider the metaphorical meanings. It's difficult for an atheist to respond to this interpretation, because they're used to just poking fun at talking donkeys and Noah's ark.

Attached: IMG_3096.png (750x1334, 405K)

if you actually want to meaningfully pursue this question you should read some philosophy/theology books rather than asking a bunch of bitter young people

>forced to go through all sorts of mental gymnastics
Why would you need to? It sounds like you are confronting people about their beliefs which is giving you headaches.
You don't need to battle everyone who thinks differently than you or try to convert the world to your views.
Life is a lot easier if you try to focus on yourself and those closest to you than caring about everyone else.

>Christ has risen
Isn't that tomorrow?

Cognitive dissonance caused by believing in cult fairytales, yet at the same time being exposed to education/research/science/logic that clearly says otherwise. Accept that the only logical answer is to be agnostic, as you cannot prove one way or another and believing in traditional religion is just pure stupidity

ah, i see that you too are a man of intellectual enlightenment

*tips*

The fact that you HAVE to use mental gymnastics at all to remain a believer should tell you that what you believe probably isn't true.

Thanks . Especially for the book fragment.

? Im a woman, dumbass. Keep your assumptions and "i dont know how to communicate using my words" memes to yourself. And try to actually stay on topic

excuse me, m'lady

*tips again*

B-but accusations of being a fedora-tipper are all I have!

It is about trying to find peace by stopping the braing from engaging in useless interior rethorics ,when it's not the right time . Not necessarily about uncertainty.

Even so rational uncertainity is normal to be present even after spiritual experiences , because they are not appealing to the rational, so the brain can ask itself what just happend , and complicate things , while the human is sure of his beliefs .

Nice job proving the whole "I don't know how to express myself with words, so I'll repeat memes instead" bit. But you're still off topic fyi

>say retarded shit
>expect serious replies

More like
>Posting something critical of religion in a religious thread
>Expecting the sheeple to not respond to everything you say with *tips fedora*

I don't want to confront anybody . I don't think that it is my job to change someone's opinion (I'm anw too stupid and uncoherent for such things) . People change themselves if they want to . It's about the fact that all these discussions don't let me focus .
It goes like this :
> I'm in church , happy and fulfilled
>Guy on internet said something about how this feeling is fake
>[argument about why feeling is genuine]
>[contra-argument]
>When I realise it , feeling lost

Anw, thanks for the answer . Part of all this is not to focus on myself , as you said .

True , sorry .

So "You're incorrect, and here's why" is propaganda now?

Are you putting your post through a google translator?
>someone says something contradictory to what you think
>instead of ignoring it you confront them about it
You should try to just ignore these people.
Block them on facebook if you need to.
Don't go onto an online medium with the intention that everything someone says needs to be responded to.

Well, at least you haven't gone full "If an unbeliever says something that makes sense, it's because the devil's speaking through them!" yet. I don't believe in your God, but if going to church makes you feel happy, I'm not going to stop you.

NEVER EVER QUESTION WHAT YOU'VE BEEN TOLD TO BELIEVE. THAT WILL GET YOU THE HELLFIRE.

I'm sorry if that is the experience you have had with Christianity but that is not the way all Christians think.
You should always question and research the answers in the bible.
One interpretation is not always the best interpretation.

You know not everyone who visits this site is a native English speaker, right?

NOPE. DOUBT IS OF THE DEVIL. ACCEPT EVERYTHING YOUR PASTOR TELLS YOU WITHOUT QUESTION.

>not a native English speaker
That's why I asked.
If he is putting it through a translator then I need to make sure I'm using proper punctuation and spelling/grammar.

Tell me how to name it and I'll name it that way dear.

Thanks

No , just not native english speaker .
Thanks , really the most rational thing to do is stay off internet while I want peace , starting right now .

christian philosophy is interesting but obviously the bible is not to be taken literally.

Maybe you should learn what propaganda actually means rather than using it to mean "anything I don't like."

No offense, but your response to hard questions shouldn't be to hide from them.

This. It shows that you don't care about whether an answer is correct, but instead whether or not it makes you feel good.

You also have to remember that this person was likely indoctrinated with a world view that's shaped his entire life. If the world view shatters, he has to forget everything he thinks he knows about the world. This isn't easy when religion is literally the most important thing in some people's lives.

The problem isn't lack of response , but the fact that thinking is invading my mind when I don't want it to (at church). Other times I have no problem no problem debating in my mind .