So fuck up high school, go to community college, transfer to mediocre college, and then what...

So fuck up high school, go to community college, transfer to mediocre college, and then what? As soon as you fuck up high school, you've been set as a burger flipper. With a system so heavily focused on your academic credentials, I just don't see how one can improve after they've ruined their chances at hitting a good Uni. What to do?

Attached: 1521544922929.jpg (195x259, 10K)

Start your own company instead or keep applying to jobs you know you can do untill someone gives you a chance. Or follow some courses outside of uni.

goddamn you're stupid. It doesn't matter how bad you do in HS, most CCs will accept you no matter what. Fix your shit then, get an AS or AA, then transfer to your school of choice. A Bachelor's in anything other than art of women's studies basically guarantees a middle-class lifestyle, provided you get your shit together in CC.
It's dumb to go straight to a 4 year UNI after high school unless you have an assload of scholarships and know exactly what you want to do anyway.
What do you want to do OP?

>With a system so heavily focused on your academic credentials
It really isn't though
I mean, it looks better if you did well but at the end of the day they're looking for someone who can do the job

Apply yourself and get your chosen degree in a field you can make a living in. It probably won't be your dream job, most people aren't working theirs. Come to terms with the fact that you're mediocre like the majority of us.

doesn't matter. I've already fucked up. I'm in community college right now. it's been three years and still no AA. I'm sick of it. only college to accept me are mediocre. I'll never go to ivy league. I'll never get a good job.
>just start a company
no capital. if it was that easy everyone would do it.

>As soon as you fuck up high school, you've been set as a burger flipper.
Wow you're stupid.

I dropped out of high school at 16 with shit grades, and at 18 went to one of the top-10 engineering universities in the world. I graduated with mediocre (but not terrible) grades, then went to one of the top-25 law schools in the US. I graduated with mediocre grades.

I am not working as a burger flipper, let me tell you that much.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO
>never go to ivy league
oh get the fuck out of here with that shit
you don't need to go to an ivy league school to..you know what, what do you consider to be "a good job"? CEO of a fortune 500 company, Surgeon General, Governor, Aerospace engineer, an astronaut?
I think for you it's just a matter of lowering your expectations.

How? let me guess, your family is rich.

yeah, those are good jobs, the only actual good jobs. those are the top tiers, just short of actually owning conglomerate. why would you aim for anything beneath that? you only have about 70 years here on Earth, at best. if I can't actually succeed and enjoy my life, it isn't even worth living.

Yet you hang out with them...

OP, just finish it. There are a bunch of above shit tier careers that only require a BA (doesn’t matter what it’s a degree in, just have to have one).

Figure out what things you would be willing to do and focus on getting into that field. You can check out job websites to get ideas as to types of jobs out there, pay scales, etc.

>Yet you hang out with them...
where the fuck did you infer that from user's post?
Then end it right now. Because if you truly can't see how you can be happy with less, you'll never be happy, even in those top tier jobs.

How what? Do I make good money? Because I have a fucking job, you idiot. I paid my own fucking way through undergrad and law school.

>I'll never go to ivy league.
I didn't go ivy and I make bank.

no, I mean how did you go to school and drop out as a mental retard at 16 yet somehow make it to a top engineering school. sounds far fetched

>sounds far fetched
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact

>With a system so heavily focused on your academic credentials

ROFL

nobody gives a shit about 'academic credentials'

Some HR departments have software that will automatically screen out applicants without a degree. If you pass the screen (any degree will do, even if its in an unrelated field with a 2.0 GPA) then you have passed the 'education' requirement, and it likely will not come up again.

The only benefit of ivy leagues is that if you network and befriend the professors, you can probably be referred to a job and bypass the job hunt altogether.

>working your ass off and getting your shit together is far-fetched

I went to community college and got good grades immediately after dropping out, applied as an incoming freshman, had a good story (“I’m a dropout!”). I got in.

And no, my parents are not wealthy (i.e., didn’t pay to get me in). We’re middle class.

A 16 year old who drops out of high school wouldn't work hard and get their shit together to the point where they can get into a good engineering school by 18.

>mental retard
I’m not stupid user. I just hated school and refused to perform. I did much better in college.

I dropped out explicitly to go to CC. Don’t believe me if you want. I really don’t care.

You went to community college at 16? Did you just dropout and then get a GED? I'm interested now.

We legally structured it as homeschooling, but I was taking a full load of CC courses. Most CCs do not require a GED or anything except maybe placement tests so they know you don’t have to take ESL or remedial classes, which was a breeze. In fact, a lot of unis don’t require a HS diploma. Plus I got to take EE classes (at the time I wanted to do EE). I applied to my first choice as undeclared, which was a lot easier than the engineering college, which was honestly for the best, law was more my thing from the beginning.

That’s really all there was to it.