Sign my classmate or not?

Ok, so here's the situation:

My teacher gave me and another guy an essay to finish by tomorrow. He said his computer got fucked so he offered to pay me if I did the entire essay. I did it and I only put my name in it because I thought: "Fuck money, I want to be honored for what I've done by myself."

He was supposed to bring the money today but he didn't so I thought my decision was even better. He then messaged me about it and I told him that I didn't sign him in it and he said that I am an asshole for doing that because I knew that his pc was broken. Now that I think about it, it might actually be kind of an ass thing to do. Or maybe my first decision was the right one. Idk, I just don't wanna get fucked either way.

What should I do?

Attached: I+wonder+why+bronies+gotta+make+a+pony+version+of+_c5f8ad82551e17a6418fe16756b6190d.jpg (528x440, 25K)

Easily reversible if you want to. Tell the prof you did the final touches like dating and name signing night before and forgot him.

It's a bit of a dick move but you had a deal and he didn't pay. It was clear. You do the work, he gives the money. Granted you didn't include his name before you knew he wasn't paying.

By the way, he was full of shit. His computer being fucked is a lane excuse. That's what libraries are for.

I'd say he got what's coming to him.

ask for a BJ

Idk, like, I just want to be appreciated for my work but it feels kinda off either way.

You're not going to like this
Do the right thing. Put his name on it. He doesn't deserve it, but it doesn't matter. And whoever replies to this with some bullshit like
>oh he should let people take advantage of him, great advice
Can fuck right off. Sometimes people get things that they don't deserve. Karma will come back to you OP.

But can you explain why I should do that?

is he close to you in anyway? or is he just a classmate? because iif he is just a classmate, fuck him, if he wanted to do the essay and put in work he would have found a way.
Stop letting some lazy fuck get recollection for your hardwork.

Just a classmate.

In a logical sense? There is no consequence to you for putting his name on. Forget that he didn't contribute, your work is a sunk cost and you can't take it back. On the other side of the coin, you don't put his name on and you're stuck having the uncomfortable conversation with your teacher/professor, who will ask the other student for their side of the story (they will lie). It's more responsibility to be a moral arbitor than it is to just let life pay this favor forward.

I don't want to be a moral arbitor, bc I've always been one. I want the truth to get out and get recognition for my work. Also, I don't believe in karma so that doesn't help.

I'm not trying to persuade you, just trying to remind you that there's a choice between keeping the status quo or going out of your way to punish someone who deserves it. Whichever you value more you will choose.

I don't believe in karma in a mystical sense lol, it's just that you're a more persausive and charismatic person when you know that you've made a sacrifice for someone - it boosts your self confidence and other people subconsciously notice.

I've always made sacrifices like this and trust me, I do not like the person I am right now. Nowhere near reaching my goals, I have the worst social life in my class so yeah. I get what you're saying and yeah, the guy will pay me, but still feels wrong.

If you're the type people take advantage of in high school, you'll be very popular in college. Teenagers mistake generosity for weakness

That doesn't make a lot of sense honestly. I think generosity is a great trait but in my situation, I just don't know.

bump

Any more help?

I withdraw any statement I've made of "he got what's coming".

This anons right. I've advocated in other threads "don't rock your own boat, life will get him, you don't have to" and it's unfair I don't do it here.

He fucked up. Covering for him at all drags you in with it. Put his name, clear yourself of a toxic relationship that may be required to continue in the future, avoid any backlash if you're ever questioned for helping him cheat, and I promise life will get him.

Not because of some spiritual cosmic karma, I don't believe in it as that sense. But in the sense he's rolling some.dangerous dice to get ahead and his number will come.

user, true story:
An old couple asked my parents to host them for two days, so they can find an apartment to rent. Two days became five and I realized they were taking advantage of my parents by telling lies: "we can't find anything decent", "found a place, but there is no bed" and other made up stuff.
Thing is, rent is very expensive in London, but my parents are too nice to not help someone (not friends in any way), so I decided to step in and ask for a small payment for their overstay.
These assholes got defensive, started playing good cop/bad cop in front of me, one crying, the other threatening with "you'll beg for help one day and we won't help you" (they have been helped countless times by my parents) at which point I told them to fuck off to a hotel.

You already helped your lying classmate when you agreed to write his part of the essay. Now, he promised to pay, but didn't.
You kept your promise and wrote his part, while he didn't keep his promise to pay. He'll start whining at some point and blame you for his failure, but you did help him.

Learn a lesson and avoid this person as much as you can.

>his number will come
I’ve always felt this was silly advice. Why can’t his number come today? If nobody calls a jerk out for their behavior, then they’ll never learn. OP has a chance to show this guy that actions have consequences.

So there's no computers at the school he could have used?
There's no way he could have communicated with the professor and handed in a written copy of his essay with intent to type it?
There's no one else he could turn to to borrow a PC to get his assignment completed?

You're good to go OP, the only mistake you made here was not telling him no in the first place when he asked if you would do his homework for him.

Its just he could do a favor to you too
Like help find an appartament or something
You fucked up this by your pride

Dude, you are in college. How the fuck does anyone not have access to a computer? Think about in your daily life how many places you can use one.

>College
>Library
>Friend
>Family member
>ect, ECT, E C T

I am the biggest nice guy around and even I wouldn't fall for this bullshit. Your partner was lazy.

Attached: 1515200426985.jpg (1280x960, 255K)

>Its just he could do a favor to you too
>Like help find an appartament or something
Guy can't find a computer for himself, but will find an apartment for someone else?

>You fucked up this by your pride
OP kept his promise and wrote the essay. What are you talking about?

t. guy who doesn't have the money and his PC "broke"
yeah fucking right
karma doesn't exist
even the most good of people get fucked over

I'm in high school.

All of those things still apply, right? Don't cover for some asshole in HS. People in HS are just lazy because they know it's possible to get away with so much crap and claim innocence.

Being nice is only going to bite you in the ass.

Attached: 1517713279701.jpg (2048x1536, 182K)

On a more evil side... Longer I delays the less prepared he'll be when it comes, the more fucked up it's going to be, the bigger the losses. he knows exactly what he's doing
He doesn't need to be taught a lesson. He's well aware.

Just give him an extremely short amount of time to pay you and bump up the price. He's trying to play your emotions and you're losing