Does life ever get better?

Does life ever get better?

Attached: stock-vector-suicide-by-hanging-with-stick-figure-simple-flat-style-trend-modern-black-graphic-art-d (450x470, 10K)

Do you actively do something to make it better? Consistently?

If you work at it, yes.

I wouldn't even know where to start with that. I have no motivation to do anything.

Start small and build up. Willpower gets stronger when you use it.

it does when you change your perspective/ attitude

People like OP are very annoying.
I've tried helping them and they just don't care since they would rather wallow in their own self-pity.

Have you actually tried helping them or have you just made things worse by proposing solutions that don't work when someone is struggling with clinical depression?

Clean your room.
Or any other small achievable goal that makes your life that little bit easier.

Attached: 1517762974572.jpg (960x710, 44K)

Sometimes for some people

Just start eating unheathy food all the time

No, unless you put effort in to improve life.

Trying to fix my problems with my psychologists just make me realise my problems are more fucked up and unfixable than I thought

Keep at it. You may not be able to get rid of every problem but no one is asking you to. Your objective is to live life in a way that is meaningful to you, making you somewhat happy.

Of course it's hard.

welcome to /adv. enjoy your stay

I can only be happy when I'm hurting others. I'm so important to myself and love myself so much I don't value other people's feelings. If I do what I love and makes me happy, the law wouldn't like me very much.

nope it only gets worse at least in my experience

Yes

What does it matter if your problems are unfixable, or if you think they are? If you want to improve something about yourself then keep at it if you think it's an issue, otherwise the only thing holding you back from enjoying yourself is the consequences of the law. Depending on how you mean you enjoy hurting people, you could probably find someone to indulge you.

Different user, but I've tried cleaning my apartment on a few occasions. I get like 8 hours in and realize I'm barely halfway through and just stop, which happens once or twice a year.

It's a lot easier to stay on top of cleaning than to catch up. Finish it off once and then you shouldn't need to put more than half a day a week into it.

I won't get to the stage, though because I don't actually think I am capable of caring enough.

it doesn't matter if you care enough or not, it's about holding yourself to a certain standard and upholding it. just do it whether or not you care. gotta start somewhere

that's mean you aren't actually trying.
Especially when it's just "help" like "hang in there man" or "start with yourself, willpower man!" kind of help.
And you people are the worst because you don't genuinely try to help people.
You just wanted to be there when people helped themselves, so you can take credits for it and feels good about yourself.
I wish people like you will go straight to hell and get punish for eternity.

Except I literally don't hold myself to any standard. I'm lucky if I shower once a week and do laundry once a month, and frankly, the only reason I do shower as often as I do is because that's when I try to go out to make an appearance because if I don't, I get plastered with texts and phone calls. Left runny own devices, I will easily let myself go a month or more because I am incapable of caring.

>or have you just made things worse by proposing solutions that don't work when someone is struggling with clinical depression?

You mean things that would help if they actually did them. Too many people on here asking for advice but aren't willing to actually do the things advised to them.

Why are the poor so fucking poor? Why don't they just make more money?

And then when someone offers legitimate advice on how to get a job and get some money they don't take it because they don't want to and only want the magically easy way out that doesn't exist.

Depends on why it isn't good now. Normal reasons? Then it will eventually get better. However, there are some hurts that go too deep, that time cannot mend.

Yeah, but you have to work really hard to make it that way. It takes more than just hard work. You have to be able to look at your life and critically think about how you're going to improve it and how to go about that.

>tl;dr:
>Yes
>You have to work hard, be cunning and plan meticulously to get ahead

You expect people to get a job and go to work every day when they cant even find energy and drive to get out of bed and care about living?

Only if you force it too. People that hate life are just shitty people that don't actually want to work at self improvement and enlightenment.

if you really want to die, the least you can do is make a game of it and see how long it takes for it to happen on it's own

I just turned 25 today. I also just got a job today, next week maybe i’ll start working. I hope it gets better.

As a person whos had his own fun time with depression, I can say without a doubt you are the worst fucking person in the world. I honestly hope you get depression so you know what real hopelessness feels like.
People like you just make people want to kill themselves more

At first I felt like I wanted love, but without all the games and dancing around people to fit with them. I wanted the perfect match to exist and always exist and always be with me. True soulmates in that scene. But I realized what I wanted was actually happiness, but I know I will never truly feel my goal, because I think so much about the cosmic purpose of us, me, everyone. I realized the worst feeling, a true loneliness, the fact that you can never ever prove the existence of a individual besides knowing that you yourself exist. You can never feel and entwin with a persons mind, call it a soul for easier explanation. I need to know all to know nothing, so that the ignorance can be bliss and so maybe I can feel happy. I think I’m going crazy.

yeah it does, oddly enough. it's weird. i was depressed and suicidal up until my 30s then shit started turning around