Graduated with a BA in linguistics

>graduated with a BA in linguistics
How do I stave off suicidal thoughts

Attached: 1512372010423.jpg (780x879, 585K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whats wrong with it lad?

Can't do nothing in it

mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html

Jerk

It is better than
>suicidal thoughts
isnt it?

Attached: bee yourself.jpg (1260x1260, 344K)

It's equivalent

Become an ESL teacher in China, it's where all losers with arts degrees go to make big money.

You can be a voice coach, or speech pathologist (help people get over their stammers like "The King's Speech). Or just an English teacher. Like most non-STEM fields, It's what you make of it.

I don't know chinese. And it's not really an art degree

How is linguistics nonstem?

Social sciences aren't natural sciences, ergo they are not STEM. When most people say STEM: they don't have social sciences in mind. I don't want to have this debate. I'm not even a STEM guy myself.

>How is linguistics nonstem?

explain the equation F = MA without looking it up, mr. science man

You don't need to be fluent in Mandarin for that?

It's not a social science . You don't know what it is do you?
?

You claim that you're part of STEM, so I'm asking you to explain the equation that is taught to literally every highschooler who takes any pre-requisite to any STEM program in college.

If you can't explain the most basic scientific formula, force = mass*accelleration then your degree, linguistics, does not fall under Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics.

Linguistics isn't STEM, lol

Attached: Vkd4VW3n1dszQwC0-MQuv-c06flcO9-F6UFkNNczYvc.jpg (500x307, 23K)

That's pretty absurd user. The only people I know who'd be able to answer that are physicists . Maybe chemists .
I think you're just biased. There's nowhere else to categorize linguistics . I took majority math courses and then some nore specialized math and CS courses

Also It's not that I didn't know what it was in just very confused why you'd even bring it up

and people who took one week of grade 11 physics, which is a pre-req for any science, tech or engineering program

Linguistics isn't a science, engineering, math, or technology

Linguistics is traditionally grouped in the social science bin, although there are sub-fields that are more scientific and math based. If your particular program had more of this scientific method approach, then I understand your butthurt. But universally speaking, linguistics is not hard science; it is a soft science. And if you want to argue it not being a social science, then we're just splitting hairs or arguing semantics. I'll just move onto calling it soft.

Linguistics is science, math, and technology
I don't understand. It just has way more similarity to Math and CS then it does to sociology and psychology

From the Cornell Linguistics Department.

Attached: About_Us_Linguistics_Cornell_Arts_&_Sciences_-_2018-04-09_17.48.47.png (1920x943, 1.66M)

>That's pretty absurd user. The only people I know who'd be able to answer that are physicists .
Holy shit nigger that's shit you learn in highschool. Besides you said it's a ba so it's a "bachelor of the arts" not a science bro.

Then what do you call me who studied computation theory , grammars, natural language processing, artificial intelligence , and my thesis was in cryptography?

You can major in English and take physics electives.

At the end of the day, English, and every Bachelor of A R T S is not a STEM.

You studied computers and AI, but it was not your major.

But it was? Mathematical and computational linguistics. It literally was my major.
Also my school only does arts degrees anyway. There really isn't much of a difference anyway

I'd call you... a linguist? Seems like you've dipped your feet in various pools; So you're an interdisciplinary linguist. For someone who is a linguist, you seem rather, ironically, obtuse on what on it's face is mostly a semantic argument.

Look. Who do you think is the most famous linguist? By citations, indisputably, that award goes to Noam Chomsky. What is Noam Chomsky known for? ...For his contributions to social science.

You're on drugs

Man, you're a fucking tool. Done.

And you see kids, this is how you know that someone has lost an argument: resorted to name calling.

as a nursing student, I had to take physics, orgo, calculus and biology, as part of my degree

I wouldn't call myself anything other than a nurse(student) though, because thats what my program specialized in