For oldfags here, post college, post high school whatever...

For oldfags here, post college, post high school whatever. What one important piece of life advice would you give younglings be it college students or even underage banned high school students, lurking this board?

Attached: HarrisSistersSunscreen2.jpg (957x504, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xn87-mcnoVc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Specifically underaged should get out, and they know exactly why.
More broadly: get a job and save your money as soon as you can. The college experience is a fucking meme.

>Save money like a motherfucker
Easily the best advice I can give. Far too many spend too much money on inane shit constantly and whine they haven't got any left.

Avoid the internet as much as possible. As someone who lived to see the internet being that niche thing that nobody had to being fucking everywhere I can tell you that it is a mistake. Should have been a good thing but damn did it backfire.

You will not die, fail, or be poor if you don't go to/fail college.

There are a million different things you can do without a degree that pay extremely well.

Go to college if you wish, but if you don't get in/find yourself failing you aren't going to fail life unless you decide you have already.

Also with school prices the way they are, I recommend you get a skill trade right out of highschool. It's good work, it pays well, and it'll let you grow up and mature a bit so when it comes time to go to college you aren't pulling majors out of your asshole.

31 here. Always keep your word, work hard, and try to stay positive by finding the silver linings in things that don't seem to be going your way. Okay so that was three things.

This. I was there when I was a nerd and a loser for even knowing what google was.
I was excited when everyone got on, because I thought they'd all have access to the sane knowledge I had. Then I found out they were all just going on to be on Facebook. Then I found out what Facebook was.

So you're still a loser lol. Most normie adults have Facebook bro.

Never marry under 25

The worst part is the knowledge. We should have a global collection of knowledge accessible to everyone. Instead we have this fake news bullshit spreading misinformation for no reason. Literally the opposite of what should have been.

Gonna get really gay in here now.

When I was in my early 20s I was extremely insecure. Always trying to be better, be a good person, hating myself for my flaws, working on myself ceaselessly.

I, at the time, thought Zen Buddhism was kind of cool but in hindsight I had no fucking clue what they were talking about and I was being an edgy little pretentious faggot.

I noticed something as I "improved". I taught myself to live myself unconditionally and be endlessly positive. And I became arrogant. I taught myself to be a social master and I became self centered. I learned critical thinking and taught myself how to put aside my bias and worldview and find the best answers to all the questions. I became shut down and closed off to other perspectives and interpretations.

No matter what I did to be the best I could in something, some ugly negative ass terrible flaw would pop up to counter it. I gave up. And that's when I feel I balanced out.

Turns out a thing the Buddhists have known for milleniums I didn't understand but do now was right. Dark implies light, good implies evil, yin and yang.

You're human. You're flawed. Sometimes youll act selflessly and sometimes you'll be selfish. You can't control your thoughts that just pop into your head at random, that's completely out of your control. You can control how much validity you give them and how long you let them stay.

And there are some things you just can't fix.

So all in all, what In saying is.. dont freak out. You suck as a person sometimes. That's perfectly ok. And if you dwell on it you'll become self loathing, and if you fight against it, you'll become a pissfuck. Just acknowledge when you've done wrong, forgive yourself, make ammends if possible, and move on.

Just do your best today, every day.

I have Facebook, This was 11 years ago bro. I also thought it was cool. I was just disappointed that was all people were using it for. Thought they'd get over to the unlimited access to knowledge bit. Nope.

It sure is now, especially over the last few years. Seems 3 hours of Google is as good as a 12 year PhD program to some people.

31 here. I make six figures and have a home and paid off car. I work as a marketing executive for a Fortune 500 company. Take that however you want it with this advice.

>College is going to be one of the best times of your life. Don't leave too early to work sooner, and force yourself to go out and adventure with people who have the time and youth to go do so.
>Study what you like and are good at, within reason. You'll be doing this shit for a very long time.
>Don't force yourself into something you don't like "for the money." You won't have nearly enough time to use it.
>Don't compromise in love. You're not buying a used car, don't stick yourself in something because it's "the best you can do."
>Treat people with respect even when they don't deserve it. Someone you think you hate may become an important ally in the future.

I'd suggest you all watch this mini documentary about a guy called "Slo-Mo" to give you some perspective.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xn87-mcnoVc

I would advise that you not dive head first into a program or lifestyle that you're not at all interested in doing. Life goes by too quickly. It feels like just yesterday, when I was 14 years old, throwing paper balls in class, checking out girls, fantasizing about fucking my 9th grade English Lit teacher (who looked like Avril Lavigne), and running home to play xbox.

Now I'm about to turn 26: My hairline has receded, two out of three times, I don't get carded anymore. I'm not as interested in girls anymore. Not as interested in vidya. My general energy level and passion for life is in the toilet. I did 5 years of undergrad for a useless liberal arts degree. Managed to *only* accrue 20k in student loan debt. My starting job is a typical 40k wage slave job that I'm not interested in doing anymore. I have bills and responsbilities.

I honestly squandered the best years of my life, not doing enough, not not doing anything, actually. And looking facebook demoralizes me even further, to compare where I am with people of my age group. I feel like it's over when my life is supposed to "begin". The best years of my life were in middle/high and first two of college. It's been downhill since then.

My tips: live for each moment. Don't wish to get older. The older you get, the more miserable life becomes, unless you got a good hand in life. You're not going to figure it out in college. Most people don't end up working the dream job they wanted. If you're going to end up with more than 20k in student loan debt, then I would argue don't even bother with college. Make a judgment call on whether it's worth it or not. Unless you need Facebook and IG, delete all that shit, and stop looking at other peoples' living - it just will make you resentful and miserable.

As Slo Mo says: Do what you want to.

Get out of any nerd culture scenes and get into your local arts, music scene and meet new people.

Nerd culture is extremely toxic in every single way, implants terrible toxic habits into you and will make you a bitter faggot in your 20s who will very likely be radicalised into being a bitter right wing loon hated by all your peers.
Some of the way's being around nerds implants in you is simply how you speak. Ever notice people tell you that you talk too fast and you don't enunciate words? this is because your main form of communication is online forums and you literally start to talk like you are posting, when you are around other nerds, IRL everyone is trying to talk over eachother and fit as much information into what they are saying as quick as possible and this forms a habit of extremely fast, non-enunciated talking.

If you have social anxiety, try MDMA once with friends. MDMA completely melts away Social Anxiety and you will actually experience what not having social anxiety is like. (MDMA is now being researched for FDA approval as a Social Anxiety therapeutic drug).
If you do MDMA, only buy it in crystal form (often comes in bags or caps), make sure to test it with a testing kit or at least make sure it looks like pic (somewhat like a pale raw sugar).
When on MDMA make sure to sip electrolyte energy drink. In extremely rare circumstances MDMA (along with any antidepressant) can lead to electrolyte levels to plummet thus can cause your cells to "drown" because they can't properly process water. This is why you hear about people "drinking water to death" on MDMA.
statistically MDMA is even more safe than paracetamol so this is a VERY RARE side effect which can be easily circumvented with just energy drink.

Attached: zHA4wmS.jpg (2448x3264, 328K)

The first half of this post is excellent advice.

That's really gay dude. What you wrote was a huge waste of time

>made it this far not realizing Buddhism is a Confucianism oversimplification inferior to the thing simplified

If you unironically like Buddhism you're a faggot. You seem like the type of person who overthinks everything and is constantly over analyzing everything, everything you say and do, including your own thoughts, as though you were taking your eyeballs out of your head in an attempt to look at them. See the irony?

Nobody should listen to anything you wrote. If they do, they're as stupid as you.

Yeah, that MDMA part is pretty fucking retarded. You don't have to take drugs to work on yourself, that's only a temporary solution to a bigger problem.

you need to fix your problem with procrastination.
you can start with cleaning your room.

To add to this, you are so used to procrastinating that you're an expert at it. You can get good grades now if you just take some time from here, there, etc.... But it'll catch up to you. It always does. No matter how good you think you are at procrastinating.

You're not a normie if you organize your life. You're not a normie if you start making a calendar and a schedule for yourself to follow daily. As long as you fill it up with the work you need to do and the cool shit you like to do, then that's all that matters.

Guys, try to stop thinking about sex for a while. It's like the lowest impulsive desire you can satisfy. Think about other stuff, get motivated by other stuff. Just because some really cute girl doesn't like you doesn't mean you're shit. Same goes with if a cute girl does like you, doesn't mean you're perfect or good enough for her.

Girls, don't fucking date a guy that's like 10 years older than you or some shit. That's fucking stupid. They'll never relate to you like anyone else could, and they only really want you for sex and they will only see you as a sex object. When shit hits the fan in your relationship with him ( it will, all relationships do) he'll drop you harder than he did his bottle of rogaine that he used before he met you. As with guys just stop thinking about sex for a minute and try to make yourself interesting or cool, or weird. You'll find a guy that's much much cuter, funnier, and more fulfilling than some old dude that'll just fuck you and leave you. You can tell yourself that's all you want but you'll find out that it's actually not.

Join a sports team or other club with good comaraderie. Having a fun recreational activity to push yourself to improve at with a large group of close friends all working together will make you a better person. In highschool I joined the swim team and water polo team sophomore year after being a loser with no friends freshman year and I made tons of friends and became way less of a faggot. Everyone on those teams was great to hang around with and to this very day some of my best memories are of swimming and water polo.
In college I didn't do anything and I had 0 friends and I fucking hated it until a month ago when I joined an engineering club where we're building a car to race against other schools. For 3 years I had barely passing grades and regularly went days without saying a single word to anybody on campus but suddenly my grades have improved dramatically and I have new friends.
If I had known how great these sorts of activities were I would have signed up for something my first day of freshman year and stuck with it all through highschool/college. I can't overstate how much better it is to be a part of something with like minded people.

How do you stick with the organization, scheduling, and discipline though? Every time I start that stuff up I end up going back to my old ways by the end of the week.

Also how would one schedule around working a night shift part time job? Is it possible?

And I find it hard to try other things or get motivated by other things because part of me tells myself I don't deserve to try things out because I have work to do/shit to figure out and little time to do it.

Only advice I could give is that unless you are gong to work in the medical field, 90% of any degree you get won't really get you a job in that field and you will end of teaching then or eventually instead.

I'm 31, I'll give 3 pieces of advice.

Live within your means, only spend what you can afford without credit/loans. It's easier to live poorly now than live in debt later.

You will love again, don't let a broken heart slow you down. Walk away and don't look back, if they want you they will return.

Find friends to keep for life and work hard to maintain those friendships, late teens to mid 20s is the easiest time of your life to make new friends so take every opportunity you can to meet new people.

dont be afraid

dont be afraid of women/men, try your luck
dont be afraid of something you arent good at, you can learn almost anything
dont be afraid of talking to others
dont be afraid of phonecalls
dont be afraid of new jobs

stop being so worried, unless theres a chance that thing will kill you

that doesnt mean you wont get rejected, disappointed, betrayed etc. it is part of life, those who never try never score

College is not necessary to succeed in life and it does not guarantee you a future. It is still a platform you can find useful but it requires more than going to class and regurgitating the text book at your professor. Do not pursue something with half a heart in it.

I was happier working for $8.25/hr in a food fast restaurant because higher education at an accredited university was not the life I wanted for myself but someone told me I needed. Now I make 35k/yr salary which is nothing amazing but I get to live my life the way I want.

I wasted too many years of my life figuring out what some of my friends in high school learned by simply doing the same 10 years prior.

>College is not necessary to succeed in life and it does not guarantee you a future. It is still a platform you can find useful but it requires more than going to class and regurgitating the text book at your professor. Do not pursue something with half a heart in it.

What happens if you didn't take this advice when you were younger, and the thing you said to avoid is exactly what happened?

Do you just suck it up and TRY and get a job in the field or do you look for something else?

That last bit is the answer to your question, in my opinion. I chose to drop out because I could not get into my desired major after 6 years of college and financial aid was running dry while loans stacked up.

I moved home and did what I should have from the start: got a starter job to clear my debts, found something I loved in the working world, and found the career path best suited to pursue it.

It took me about 2 straight years of working as a wageslave from my mom's basement to clear my debts and then I pursued a new career path.

>There are a million different things you can do without a degree that pay extremely well.

Like?

If you find yourself in a relationship where the woman talks dirty to you, don’t get cocky and think you’re the shit and look elsewhere. Fuck her ASAP and lose the v card, or you’ll be sat there regretting it 9/10 years later

Not the way I would have said it but decent advice. I had a whole new level of confidence with women even after losing my virginity at 26.

Wow I actually kinda like this picture OP

23 and v here.. there still is hope but I’d want a virgin gf so the moment is exclusive and really meaningful. I fucked up ffs. Should have fucked the first love at 14

DO NOT waste your time on girls.

Women have consistently been the #1 reason for men who don’t accomplish their goals.

Go find a nice girl AFTER you’ve completed your education and get a solid career

leave

You are like me

Now I’m in the worst period of my life, had a woman who took me to third base and would love to get me off. Wouldn’t want sex, always wanted to think about it. Been single since 19 and I’m 23 and hopefully going back to university.

I'm posting more than one. Dealwithit.
1. Manage your time wisely. Have a plan for what you'll be doing each hour of the week (studying, working, errands, etc.) and stick to it. Factor in time for relaxation to avoid burnout but don't overdo it.
2. Keep a rainy day fund. Save money wherever you can but not at the expense of your health if you can help it.
3. If you think you're going to fail a class, you can withdraw before a certain date. Talk to student services about the withdraw process at your college. A "W" will be on your transcript in place of another grade, and your GPA will be unaffected in most colleges. Keep going to that class so you'll know what to expect the next time you take it.
4. Stop doubting yourself. "I don't have enough money. I don't have the time. I can't get there; I don't have a car. I'm bad at math. I can't speak in front of other people." Pick a path that will make money, get a loan, get grants. Low credit score? There are ways to increase it. Manage your time better. I spend 6 hours on buses to get to and from school. I do homework and study on the bus and save money. Reach out for help if you're struggling in class. Get into study groups. There are tutors and online resources. Some teachers will help you after class.
5. Don't be a jester; wrap your scepter.

The propaganda you are fed about careers and college is entirely bullshit.

Specific advice
- don’t go to college for literature, history, etc, without knowing that, at best, you will be poor all of your life. You’re much better off being an electrician that enjoys literature.
- if you must go to college, go to an ivy if at all possible, the people that come out of the ivies are the class that rules the earth
- in college join a frat or sorority ASAP, I got taught that it was all just partying and I wasn’t a partyer so I didn’t bother since it cost money. Huge mistake, join a frat to network and get exposure to social stuff, especially if you are introverted. It turns out that networking is far more important than merit in employment.

t. Oldfag lawyer in flyover country with good grades from state u, but no network because grew up poorfag and didn’t join frat, but studied instead. Make decent money but no real,ability to move into politics, etc. because no friends, just poorfag clients

>Accept who you are
>Start working on yourself earlier on instead of wallowing in self pity
>Be more confident in approaching girls, you're more decent looking than you actually think
>Start meditating earlier on

How'd you find out what you loved?

It's in my post I was being an edgy little faggot.
I'm drawing from things I remember. And I was one who over thought everything when I was younger.

That was the point of my entire post bud. Don't do that lol.

Same fag came back today. Glad you asked.

First thing I did out of university (dropped out), kept working at Costco for a year. They would have paid me 26 dollars an hour to push shopping carts, and advancement to management and head office white collar position outside the stores were easy to get if you had patience.

That's not a terrible deal.

But I thought it was so I went and worked on a resort for a year. They paid me 15 dollars an hour, provided living, fed me, and every penny was mine. Spent it all on booze.

Without food and lodging tat wage is extremely livable and I could have spent my life snowboarding hiking biking boating and mountain climbing and that was just the entry level job. Could have moved up.there too, or even transferred to other resorts in the chain.

Got tired of it mostly because I boozed my whole year away. Scratch the next year... It was terrible..

Then I went and applied to an open position for management at a very large pest control company. Got that job, did the white collar for a year. Made excellent money. Then I got tired of feeling stressed as balls.

So I joined a skill trade. Now I'm a journeyman. I make 40 bucks an hour. No stress, the jobs fun, and rewarding, and I get time off a lot (I'm off now).

Since then I've also been building things at home.and selling them online. I've been selling things I find cheap for high on Amazon if I find supply ND demand are in my favour.

I have a client who has his own company. because my *mild* online marketing experience I offered to help for a commission because he hates computers.

He happily pays me 500 to 1500 a month because I made his business and his revenue skyrocket.

Some things I did up there don't even require an hs degree, my day job requires grade 10 math, and most of i just waltzed into because I pay attention.

That's it.

Why didn't a list for you? Because I obviously don't know what million things you can do with your life if you don't have college. Part of the point here is I just know there is something, which is how I keep getting great opportunities. I'm.not.shut down.

If you're looking for a list you won't find it. And if that's proof enough there isnt anything, then you don't get it. And you're fucked.

>get over your fucking social anxiety, and dont drop out of high school, itll take you at least 5 years to catch up for that fuckery

>also, that girl youre interested in feels the same way, fucking go for it you pussy, shes a sweetheart too

>That girl you're interested in feels the same way

This is awful advice. I know what you're trying to do user. Trying to provoke a sense of confidence by telling them she loves him. So he goes for it.

Chances are she isn't. And if someone builds their confidence around this sneaky advice and get shot down they will be destroyed and maybe never try again.

>And if someone builds their confidence around this sneaky advice and get shot down they will be destroyed and maybe never try again.
If they're a whiny little faggot maybe, normal people are able to recover from failure and learn from it.

Got me there.

Honestly, I'm half asleep, and thought OP said advice you'd give to your younger self.

>she once came up to offer me cookies she made in home ed
Cutest thing I've seen. I was blind as hell in high school.

No problem.

Yeah I was blind too. But I think everyone is in highschool.

My first girlfriend in hs might as well had hired an air traffic controller to point his glow sticks at her vagina for me for a year before I got it.

The world ends with you.

Don't be afraid to go beyond your bubble and try new things. College is nice, but not necessary to find happiness or become successful. Even then, it's not all about the money. Make enough to live, but your happiness is what you make it.

Agreed. Too much time on the internet can rob you of your time making connections and even being with friends and family.

Great advice for college fags.

First half about nerd culture is critical. The part about doing drugs isn't really all that good. I've smoked pot, but never used it as a crutch. Every once in a while is alright, but don't let drugs/booze dictate your life.

This is solid.

This is important.

21 here, with my current financial situation I figured that it would be dumb to consider marrying a girl in the foreseeable future, but I wanted to ask if it's viable then as I get older and more financially stable to gravitate towards dating ladies 5-9 years (or so) younger than me. With the way I feel like I'm headed, I almost want to believe that I'll have major advantages over guys younger than I'd be, at that point.

>Stable career in development at a bank
>Will have a degree in finance by that point
>Been consistently improving my fitness levels to the point where it's becoming habitual
>Been consistently trying to see things from the perspective of other people to improve my own maturity

I'm not 100% there right now, but I believe that in a few years all of my efforts will pay off, right?

don't alter/build life plans around someone else

Last post best post

How much time off do you get?

27 here
im still kinda a fledgling i would say. Not as old as i think i am or even feel i am. Most peers my age would just now be finishing college or something or starting their Careers.
I chose the military route and its basically at the same level as them.

What i can say is:

Dont Rush things.
Dont get hung up on girls.
Take opportunities as they come.
Love the life you live.
Get used to Change. (cause its the only constant thing)
FUCKING THIS Never settle for anything that you think you can get better, or do better.
Do the things you love, Love the things you do.

And the most important thing:

FIND TIME TO REWARD YOURSELF.

You got one life.
Spend it wisely.
Many people on this world dont enjoy their short existence. Then its over before you know it. Dont wait until your old to start having fun. By that time, you wont have any time left.

Attached: aADoZZ2_460s.jpg (460x477, 41K)

Funny. Kids playing at being "oldfags" who are half my age.
- Get out and do stuff. I put off doing many fun things because I had notions of what it was or I wouldn't like it. Bullshit. Most of it was a blast and totally fun.
- Put your interwebz and Vidya time on a limit and/ or use it for specific purposes. I'm doing this with my kid.
- Saving money is good. Investing is better. Gambling is for those who can't do math. Read Warren Buffet's annual letters to shareholders. Read "The Intelligent Investor" by Grahm. Read Peter Lych "beat the street" and read the "Rich dad/ Poor dad" book. Understand what you are buying - or just go Index funds until you are educated.
- the quality of the education is about the student. The school is about rep and making connections. Do what you like -not what you think you are supposed to do or what someone tells you to. If you aren't ready take a year or two off and work. Consider trades - welding, electrical, etc. Good money and your free time is yours. You can always go back to school later. Do set goals high on the long term. People do tend to get to their goals -usually they are too low and too general. Don't just be "Somebody". Be an excellent friend, skilled researcher, cunning lawyer or a super health care worker.
- Date, explore and have fun. Don't get married before 27, no matter what. Don't wait until 40 either, if that is a thing you think about.
- Have hobbies and interests. Nerd culture hobbies are just fine now (to hell with the snotty post above). Don't be Otaku. Be a Furry if you want. Anime. Game, RPG. Be excellent. Build your myth and live inside of it. Be a fucking Jedi or Federation officer, Paladin or elf in your imagination as your inner story. Whatever gets your game on.
Get off your ass and do the things. Start with lists of the things that need doing. Structure and patterns make it easier. It is way harder trying to do it as a chaotic, no rules, no structure.

Why avoid waiting till 40 for marriage?

What if the only things you like don't produce money, or you don't know what you like? Should you just work a meaningless job and try things out?

You aren't invicible and good thimgs aren't guarenteed and by the time you realize this on your own you will have lost years preparing for health finance and life goals. There will be fake outs that make you think you understand that you are not invincible so whemevwr you think things are good in the ecomony, job, relationships whatever double check your shit and make sure everything is tied down tight because there is usually a big fuck you dildo coming for you.

Everything is harder to fix and acheive with every passing year, learn lots.

If you fall too deep into politics you will start to become miserable

Nobody cares if you're a virgin, fat etc unless they're trying to hit you in your insecurities (see most of Jow Forums). Societal pressures don't matter beyond what YOU think, so have confidence in yourself.

The fucked up thing about growing up is that we set up time limits for shit we feel is important, like earning a degree by X years or owning your own house by Y. You should obviously pursue these things if they're important to you, but don't be an idiot and assume the worst because you didn't meet your own goals. You can create a bad complex this way.

bump