Do Long-Distance Relationships work

So I know this girl that I met off xbox for almost a year now and I'am considering maybe dating her. I'am about to got to college and we are the same age.

>just to clarify I know for a fact she is not a catfish before someone responds saying some dumb shit like that

What do you guys think about long-distance relationships? Do they work?

Attached: anime-sad-girl-tumblr-art-ring-cry-sandness-girl-alone-hd-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

nope

nope

I have been in a few, they never worked out. I don’t think it’s possible to hold long distance relationships for more than a year, if that.

sure

no sorry op I really wish it did but it wont

Look, long distance relationships DO work but only as long as they're short lived. Aka a couple months apart. They'll tear you apart inside in the meantime with jealousy, paranoia, and holy fuck don't ever get in a fight. Seriously if you get in a fight in a long distance relationship it's so god damn hard to patch things up. I'd advise against them, especially since you're going to college. Don't do it

Thanks for the advice I'am tempted to try it, but I don't know.

Yeah it's not worth the effort. Relationships are hard enough as it is even when you live with that person. Adding a few thousand miles to it makes it far harder than it needs to be.

why wouldn't you?

Here's the thing.
If it started as LDR,
it will never work out, unless it's only a few months - half a year max.
If it started as a year- a few years of relationship, then had to be in LDR for the next 1-2 years with occasional meeting up,
then yes, it will possibly works out.

I personally disagree with everyone on this one because I have a friend who married someone who he met of xbox live and they didn't meet till 2 years after they started dating. You just have to committed and have faith in your partner. Good Luck dude

Fellas, what do y'all consider a long distance relationship? 2 hour drive? 3 hour drive? Having to buy a plane ticket because driving is ridiculous?

Other country/continent.

Meh they're not generally worth the time and effort unless one or the other is willing to relocate.
And even then you never really know anything about a person until you're in close quarters with them for a minute.
>Had a semi LDR with a chick who lived around 65 miles away.
Not so bad cause we saw each other on the daily almost. I stayed at her place 3/4 of the time because the drive to her place from my job was the same as the drive from my place to my job.
That lasted over a year. But she got screwy as hell when we moved in together.
Was more or less plotting to get prego and just kinda got all retarded and went bonkers.
I lived the last 4 months of that lease at my best buds.
>Had a chick that lived 180 miles away.
One of us made the trip every other week to stay for a few days. Come to figure out she was a pathological liar and a drug addicted turbo pill whore and a literal prostitute.
>LDR with a grill 500 miles away
Flew out to come stay with me for 2 weeks.
Ended up finding out she was on 4 different psych meds which she had lied about from the get go. So she pretty much hung out and drank up all of my liquor stash while I was at work and everyone was sleeping. I have a room mate that rents out the downstairs portion of the house. He spends a good portion of his time upstairs cause awesome tv, sound system , vidya etc.
But hell with that one I pulled up as much doxx as possible. Everyone around her kept it a secret and shit.
So sent that one on her way as well.
My current one I met at my local airport in baggage claim. Bantered a bit while waiting. Said I was going to hit up lunch at a cafe and said if you come I'm buying.
We hit it off right from the get go. Been together for 3 years now.

Ignore
.You shouldn't even ask this this here since most posters aren't older than 19 and it's true that LDRs are bound to fail when you are that young, still go to school, have no money, live with your parents, have lots of other problems.

It's very easy to make them work when you aren't a child, though. Make it a normal relationship ASAP tho.

He is a child himself, he's about to go to college.
It won't work out for him.

>most posters aren't older than 19
Speak for yourself queer

It's not a LDR if you don't meet regularly and have sex.

No

yes, but they are difficult

The key is knowing WHEN the long distance will end

if there is no end in sight....wellllll its not gonna get better

Yeah
as with anything, if the conditions are meet

but consider you're not seeing your partner in god knows how much time

I had one with a girl and I was deadset on marrying her. Met her at a summer music camp in America and we hit it off. When it was over in August she had to leave and go back to Italy and I went back to Florida but we kept talking everyday. She came to visit In November for a week and it was a good time. We still kept talking. I then decided to move to Italy in January and date her while studying music in Italy

I stayed in Italy until about end of march. The music teachers were ironically bad in Italy and not knowing the language didn't help either. I found a teacher on the American west coast and decided to move there but we'd long distance and visit as much as possible. I moved back to America April 1st. We talked everyday, Skype, etc, but by November she said she wanted to break up out of nowhere. Everything seemed fine but she said she'd been hiding how alone and sad she felt from me, and when I said 'why didn't you tell me?' She said 'you're supposed to know' (typical women shit). She also got denied a visa which made it impossible for her to visit me, which complicated matters.

My advice if you are going to do a long distance relationship: communicate EVERYTHING. You're almost going to feel like it's absurd how much you have to tell them but you have to get EVERY fear and worry and insecurity out their in the open and encourage her to do the same for it to work. Now I had known her and lived with her in person before going LDR so it's different than yours. In fact most if not all LDR were once in person relationships before they go LDR due to one of the others work or study commitments. So I would heavily consider meeting and spending time in person before going LDR. LDR with a chick you've never met sounds stupid... But either way the same principles apply: overcommunicate and visit eachother often. Even then it might not work out. But it is possible. One of my HS friends just married his LDR after being apart 4 years.

The only time they work is if there's some kind of definite plan to meet in the future or you're too young to be having sex in the first place.

this
My boyfriend and I are going on 3 years. I spend time in his country often, and he comes to visit me when work allows. I have a visa to move there permanently, but I have one year left of uni and we're still going as strong as the first month we decided to be a thing. Possibly even stronger. Knowing for sure what your future with this person is helps really solidify the relationship. I wouldn't be able to survive if I didn't know if I'd actually be able to live with him or visit him. Know what you want and how to get there.

Am 21 and have been in a LDR for over a year now.

What I helped alot is routine. We live on other continents, so we have a specific timewindow or rather windows to talk to eatchother.
So we developed a routine of talking to eatchpther at those hours daily. And once per week we skype eatchother.

What you need lots of, is trust.
A LDR will fall apart faster then a normal relationship without proper trust. Plus you cant bring heavy insecurities into it. You both need to get over them.

Itsgoing great so far and we are planning on meeting in June. Gonna go to her anthen bring her here for two weeks.

If my relationship fails I have learned my lesson and wont try it again.

Dude, that's not an LDR. You cannot call it a relationship until you have met.

I've only seen it work 2 times, both were fairly straightlaced Christian girls, one saved it for marriage so cheating was kind of a non-issue.

Yeah, then argue with the thousands of people that do it like us.

Btw, whats the definition of one? Shpuld look it up

>he believes in the loyal virgin meme
You will be in for a bad surprise one day.

Heres the definition.

Now shut up.

Attached: Screenshot_20180412-091254_1.jpg (1078x515, 54K)

Ok, do I also need to talk to those same people about how their online "girlfriend" started logging on less and less, became more distant, and you became more freaked out and controlling, and then eventually found out they'd met someone who didn't exist completely on their computer, and having a person you can actually see, touch, feel, kiss, and fuck was way better then whatever the fuck they'd been doing before?

/thread