As a man, should I ideally choose a lower paying career path that I like, or a higher paying career path that I hate?

As a man, should I ideally choose a lower paying career path that I like, or a higher paying career path that I hate?

Attached: FEE08316-FF58-4D7C-8130-802AEBE68911.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/the-mission/modern-polymath-81f882ce52db
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's your own choice, no one can make it but you.

Day has 24 hours. You spend 8 hours sleeping, 2 hours eating, 8 hours working and 2 hours commuting.

That leaves you 4 hours to "enjoy" your hard earned cash. Good luck enjoying it if you feel like shit at job you hate.

Attached: how to be happy.png (540x396, 103K)

The former, assuming the latter isn't a career where you could make ten million dollars by the time you're 30.

I'd say it depends on what your plan is and the difference in pay. If you're planning on retiring early, then you definitely need the higher-paying one. Same if you want a wife and family, you'll need to sacrifice yourself for them.

But, if you just want to have an easy-going life, hang with the lads for a pint and don't care if you have to work all your days, then maybe that's the right choice.

BUt the former choice isn’t selfish either. It’s not gonna make me poor. It’s just that it will not make me as rich as if I were to work at a bank. If garbagemen and truck drivers can have families that aren’t on food stamps, why not me, an SEO staff? My scary dad keeps pushing me to work at a bank through his nepotism, and he also offers to pay for my master’s degree, so that my career in banking will be smoother and brighter. But goddamn I hate banking and their environment.

Professor writing here.

I know for a fact that I could be earning twice what I make as a teacher if I went to work in the business world. And I consider that a wholly satisfactory price to pay for not having to work in the business world.

DO WHAT WILL MAKE YOU AND FUTURE YOU HAPPY

depends on how much more the job you hate gives you
if it's not much, don't do it, if it's enough for you to stop working a lot earlier, or at least switching to a job where you can work a lot less, then you can consider going for it, but it's ultimately your choice

The former, obviously.

Depends on what you think a man is. I have two brothers and an old fashion father. One brother took after my father and works in an auto plant. The other went into college to get a decent office job. The brother with the office job is often looked down for being less of a man.Yet when my mother was having money problem only he could help her. Everybody else was scaping by.

Your father is a retard for trying to raise you like slaves to convention.

Bumperino

I'm an EMT. I get paid $10.50 an hour working 24 hr shifts. But damn do I love doing it.

High paying jobs come with politics, favoritism, and general bullshit.

Do something you're passionate about and you'll never work a day in your life.

I'm working in the business world and i find it a thousand more dynamic interesting and fullfilling. you can choose to be afraid and stay in your shell or get out there and live.

People who got into a career just becaue of the money - whether it's blue-collar shit like being a plumber or white-collar shit like marketing or whatever - are for the most completely drained and miserable by the time they're like in the mid 30s because they realize they fucked up. The only exception is people who are autistic for plumbing pipes and shareholder meetings and actually enjoy their career. Those people are unicorns though

not him but it comes down to a personal choice, and for 99% of the people in it, the commerce/business/marketing and also IT IS their personal little bubble and fragile shell. They're just in it for the money

Attached: business.jpg (600x913, 45K)

For a lot of people in that world, it is their shell. They literally have nothing else in their life.

Quinctilius Varus, WHERE ARE MY EAGLES?

Different people values different things. It’s not just a matter of physical energy but mental as well. What I enjoy is different compared to what you enjoy and what you can find irritable and comfortable.

I'm working in the education world and I find it a thousand times more dynamic, interesting and fulfilling. You can choose to be afraid and stay in your shell or get out there and live.

I'm working in the culinary world and I find it a thousand times more dynamic, interesting and fulfilling. You can choose to be afraid and stay in your shell or get out there and live.

I'm working in the art world and I find it a thousand times more dynamic, interesting and fulfilling. You can choose to be afraid and stay in your shell or get out there and live.

I'm working in the tech world and I find it a thousand times more dynamic, interesting and fulfilling. You can choose to be afraid and stay in your shell or get out there and live.

I'm working in the automotive world and I find it a thousand times more dynamic, interesting and fulfilling. You can choose to be afraid and stay in your shell or get out there and live.

This shit can be said about literally any job.

>2 hours eating
>2 hours commuting

nigga what

medium.com/the-mission/modern-polymath-81f882ce52db

Being a jack of all trades is only gonna carry you far if you’re extroverted, ambitious and a leader at heart.

If you plan on raising a family, then you should take the higher paying path. If you don't intend to have kids, then you can go the low pay route.

But I can still have a family while choosing the former one. I’m just not gonna be rich, that’s all. Truck drivers can get their kids to school, why not a copywriter?

>As a man
Irrelevant

>Path i hate

Weigh your values. But I'll say this. Why are you even alive if you're going to do something you hate because you're "supposed to"?

Furthermore.. high paying =/= bad job. You can make a lot of money doing basically anything if you know what you're doing.

>Why not a copywriter

Because you'd be selling you skills for a wage that a boss dictates for you instead of cutting out the middle man and dealing directly with the client.

SEO staff... assuming that job is what I think it is, has a lot of potential for opportunities and growth, I don't think it's a bad option if you enjoy it

Getting your school paid for is cool, but if you hate your job, no amount of money in the world will take away the feeling of dread getting out of bed every morning to a place you hate and going to sleep knowing you're going to do it again and again for a very long time.

t. someone who quit a high paying job, now making much less, but am much happier

It doesn’t matter, the point is that I’m a university graduate, bachelors degree. So any job that I pick, will not send me to poverty. But the question is, is it selfish for me to prioritize my pleasure a little bit? Like, of course i’m also being realistic about my dream. I’m not pursuing journalism or graphic design, because I’m realistic about future despite me liking those fields so much. I’m bettering myself at copywriting, content writing, search engine optimization, because I like it AND because it’s also pretty promising for the future. Although there are also other alternatives that are feasible for me and promise significantly better money, but I don’t enjoy those. I feel that advertising/content marketing/writing is my habitat, and it doesn’t require me to change my personality or something.

Attached: Ikigai.jpg (700x662, 57K)

You asked for advice, I gave it. Raising a family is expensive and more money helps provide them a better life.

Also, a copywriter would be well served to learn the difference between "former" and "latter."

>Selfish

No. It's not. You earned that right the moment you popped out of a vagina without asking.

It would be selfish to be an endless dick to everyone you ever met and to trample on others for your own gain. Not to just live how you choose when it hurts no one.

Okay. So I guess life just ends here. From this point forward, I’ll have to stop thinking about myself. My children will get their nice cars, my wife will get her expensive purse and probably a car to visit her bull. But none of them will experience having a good dad and good husband because I hate everything that I do, feel and see.

What’s the distinction between ‘what the world needs’ and ‘what you can be paid for’?

I hope you're first bit was sarcasm because if it is, you get it.

What do you expect me to ‘get’? That I should do it, or not do it?