Spotting a player

After I got pushed into trying tinder I met this literal 9/10.

I won't bore you guys bit yeah, I never thought I'd meet a guy like this on an app. Thing is when I first met him it was super obvious he's slept with a lot of girls and I'm worried he sees me as just another one of them.

He said he made a life resolution(like a new years one but he found it too important to leave it until the turn of the year) to cut out lying and so I was wondering what I could ask to figure out if he's a playing me?

Attached: 1520892265791.jpg (782x960, 47K)

you're on tinder, of course the guy sees you as a piece of meat.

you will never find a good relationship on tinder. ever.

This. He is a literal 9/10 and you're probably a 7, meaby a 6.5, fuck off before you get hurt.

ITT,

Crabs in a bucket.

>check listO'sluts for guy
>first time meet
>he says he doesn't lie
Can't tell if troll, if not don't have sex would be the easiest way to tell.

BTW the new years resolution means he was/is a giant fucking lying piece of garbage.

>He said he made a life resolution(like a new years one but he found it too important to leave it until the turn of the year) to cut out lying
Ahahahaha what? So he openly admits to being a liar, but he claims to be getting better?

Can I get some advice that isn't so bitter and resentful?

He said he cut lying out of his life because no good comes of even the smallest ones. I don't know if he was a monstrous lying demon monster before that. Considering he has a tight knit group of longterm friends, I don't think he could be that bad.

>guy tells you he has a history of being deceptive on the first date
>the only thing you worry about is whether he’s just in it for sex
Why would you continue to see this guy as a potential mate even if he wanted a relationship? What does it say about his personality and intelligence that he would tell a girl he has a history of being a liar so severe that he has to make a “life declaration” or whatever? And what does it say about him that he would say something so derogatory about himself on the first date?

I agree that these people are bitter and resentful, but maybe they know something you and I don't. Don't pick and choose which advice you want to listen to if you want to ask entire groups for advice instead of a trusted peer.

As for my advice, ask him questions that would demand a sentimental response rather than a recollection of an event. Pathological liars don't so much think about how they should feel about an event rather than how they'd like to recall it. If he's consistent, realistic, and satisfactory with his answers, you can make your own judgement calls as to whether he's being genuine or not.

>Considering he has a tight knit group of longterm friends, I don't think he could be that bad.
You don’t know that, you don’t even know what his frame of reference is for what’s a “tight knit group” or what “long term” or even what “friend” means to him? How can you extrapolate anything about him admitting to being a liar from that?
>He said he cut lying out of his life because no good comes of even the smallest ones.
This sounds like something a recovering alcoholic would say.

So you never lie?

No, I lie plenty. But I don’t advertise it on a first date, nor do I do it to the extent that it wrecks my life and I need to “commit” to never doing it again. That is flat out alkie logic.

He told me how his friends are all also into film, be it acting, sound design or cinematography.

I asked how he knew them and he told me they'd all met at highschool and just kept hanging out since. He told me several live together whilst another is his roommate.

Sounds pretty tight nit to me?

Did you just assume I looked at "Chad" for 5 seconds, decided he was a 9/10 on looks alone and then opened my legs?

>recovering alcoholic

So you think a lie here or there is good?

Sounds like something an alcoholic in denial would say.

Hey, you want to argue, go to Jow Forums. This is an advice board. I am giving you advice based on the facts you gave and my life experience. Don’t like it? Don’t listen. Upset because you didn’t get the answer you wanted? Fuck right off and stop wasting people’s time. You are literally trash.

>assumes the absolute worst possible scenario without asking for any clarification
>gets called on being unreasonable and off kilter as a result
>instantly resorts to hamfisted insults and projection

Lol, see ya.

That whole bit he told you about lying is textbook womanizer line. The idea is he opens up about something that makes him seem both noble and tragic and it makes the woman trust him.

One of the only reasons I didn't blow it off as bullshit is cause when I said I had so many questions after he mentioned it, he laughed and said "not answering isn't lying."

Also, what I can tell from his facebook is that he used to be fat and awfully dressed a couple years ago.

You wanted advice. You got it.
Don't cry because it is not the advice you hoped you would get. Because if you wanted a feelgood/echo chamber, go talk to your female friends...

Only one way to find out. Keep dating him and see where it goes. Even if he has slept with lots of girls, it doesn't mean he would be more prone to cheating than a virgin.

You're being played like a fiddle. Go for it if you want but don't go in expecting commitment or a relationship and don't get attached.

9/10s don't use Tinder, retards do.

What you mean is you met a retard with looks that aren't totally shit.

Attached: 1520984957034.jpg (196x192, 5K)

t. Bitter retard
There are decent people on tinder. Don't believe everything Jow Forums tells you.

>decent people
>tinder
Didnt know where you had decent people in a dating site which focuses on multiple matches.
Good luck finding the love of your life there

He fake the whole thing to get in dont worry

>I was wondering what I could ask to figure out if he's a playing me?
How long does it take for him to convince his pray into having sex with him
What are his most successful approaches
What are his favorite types of characters traits of the opposite gender
Why make the resolution now
How are you different than his previous prey

Come on girl, if you aren't 12 you can compile a list of 100 questions in less than 10 minutes

Tinder is as superficial as a model casting, finding decent people who aren't uneducated subhuman chads or selfie making stacy sluts is pretty rare.

>finding decent people who aren't uneducated subhuman chads or selfie making stacy sluts is pretty rare.
I guess it is an American thing, in Europe Tinder is used for dating like, not hookups. At least my experience and what I heard. And there are also decent women, like art college student with creative photos.

You have never tried tinder or any kind of online dating, right? Have you ever been on a date?

It's a meme thing. People like him only repeat what bitter incels say about tinder, without having ever tried it himself.

This is the whole point, he's funny, he's insightful, kind, has plans for his future and a whole host of things that make him a 9.

And he's really handsome to me too, which obviously helps.

The other night when kissing got kinda hot and heavy, he did mention the hotel I was gonna be staying at but I hadn't actually started staying there yet. When I told him he didn't really seem to mind at all.

Also when I mentioned how I struggled to say no to people, he paused and basically said "I hate saying this cause I find it kinda cringe but don't ever feel that way about me."

The one thing that threw me though was when we went to a pub near his, a regular offered us his seat on the sofa which felt like a dead giveaway but he turned it down and we sat outside, opposite eachother on the table.

Sounds like it's all fine so far. Keep at it. There's no reason why this couldn't turn into a happy relationship.

Literally why wouldn't a 9/10 looking guy use tinder if he wants to have a lot of ons. He basically got a monopoly.

I am in europe and most of it was your average stacy and looking for chads, and average chads looking for stacy. The majority of users are there for hookups, maybe the initial intend was for real dating, but after the realization that tinder isn't ment to do that, you go with the flow or you don't

Thanks for verify that you larp. You are actually not interested in finding out if he's playing you, you'd rather convince yourself that he's perfect. Great, thanks for having this talk, bye

My boss was surprised I found him so handsome, she was more leaning towards a low 8, high 7 looks wise. It's kind of true but he has a lot of other things going for him that also make him a 9/10 for me.

>Being this bitter about a guy you've never met being liked by a girl you've never met

When every other profile you encounter is "if your dick isn't 10 inch swipe left" or "i am so unique i copied my entire profile somewhere off the internet" of course i get pissed that i wasted my time on a platform that is filled with pretentious and/or people with no creativity or self respect. It's this behavior, baseless demand without being able to deliver anything of value, is sickening to me

You probably can't comprehend what i'm trying to tell, based on your dumb post

How about actually using tinder instead of basing your beliefs of it from bitter virgin manchilden of Jow Forums?

How did your parebts let you grow into such a manchild?

I actually used tinder and that is exactly the experience i got. It's a circle jerk, full of copypasted personalities. If you like women that dress skimpy like prostitutes, drinking like an alcoholic, behave like cocky bitch and having no shame in admitting to that degeneracy, then this platform is for you.

What does this have to do with being a manchild? Please elaborate in detail, i am very curious about your next magnificent and meaningful post

>If you like women that dress skimpy like prostitutes
Well yes its true I kind of like it sometimes.
>drinking like an alcoholic
I dont mind...
>behave like cocky bitch
Ok in the beginning
>having no shame in admitting to that degeneracy
Like drugs? I am "junkie" myself
But you know Tinder feels kind of like... meat market, this is why I dont use it

I don’t have too much advice but I figure my experiences may assist you in making some wiser choices.

If you’re going to use tinder at all, don’t go for the ‘hottest guy’. I can promise you every girl is feeding their ego by matching with them, exchanging messages etc. This, to be blunt, immediately means they will not be looking for a relationship. If you upset them or have an argument, they are quite likely to take on the roastie mindset of “move along, next”.

I have male friends who admit they swipe yes to every single girl in the hopes at least one of them matches with them.

After a few dates with various “hot guys”, I realised I was being ghosted for not having sex within the first 3 dates. (I actually wasn’t looking for anything serious but I still think you should take the time to get to know someone, these guys were impatient as they could essentially fuck a 3/10 instantly if they desired).

So I started looking for a “less attractive guy” I guess.. I’m seeing someone at the moment. If I really had to, I’d say he was 7/10 mainly because he is shorter than me and not my usual “type” but he’s convinced I’m a 10/10 and that he is very lucky (lol)

Things is, he treats me incredibly. His personality is a 10, our interests are ridiculously similar and he was completely honest about his thoughts on future of our relationship. His friends make jokes about how I’m too good for him (he says because I’m a few inches taller, and the are shorter than him so they’re jealous) but it actually makes both of us feel good.

>TL;DR why stress over a 9/10 chad when you can adore a 7/10 nice guy?

Patrice O'neal would be turning in his grave.

Attached: shark-penguins.jpg (640x260, 34K)

Similar reason, no 9/10 women use Tinder, only desperate THOTs.

The world is out there sweetie.

lol, they actually have Tinder threads all the time on that board.

GTFO

>Similar reason, no 9/10 women use Tinder, only desperate THOTs.
What do you know about that.

Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing lol

Your relationship is a perfect example of what he described as the great white with the penguin.

Eventually you'll get sick of his non-sharkness and eat him.

Its good for you, not him.

7/10 bait, 9/10 if you reach 200+ posts

>But you know Tinder feels kind of like... meat market, this is why I dont use it
Because it is, some people just ignore that and act like it's not and put a "valid dating portal" sticker on it. It's not a dating portal, it's a hookup service.
>Like drugs? I am "junkie" myself
No. Unhealthy materialism/consumerism, bad manners, no self respect or respect towards others, staying uneducated and ignorant because of comfort

You won't find anything meaningful on Tinder, unless meaningful is sex, drugs and alcohol.

Jow Forums tinder threads are

>Waaaah I used this photoshopped male model to catfish "women" on tinder and they want to have sex with him

That board is full of retards.

Sure. Get off the app. If you stay on the app, don’t be surprised when the results are shallow.

Bonus tip: it’s hard for a 9/10 man to stay faithful, too many options.

My friend is gettting married to a guy she met on tinder this summer.

Guess it can't be all bad.

>Eventually you'll get sick of his non-sharkness and eat him.

I’m extremely tired of being chewed up and spat out emotionally by shark men.
I’d rather spend my life cuddling a penguin.

Also he’s not a penguin. More like a polar bear.. looks cute and fluffy but will eat you alive to feed his family if need be.

Idk.. you won’t believe me anyway. Probably spent too long watching/reading men talk about the psyche of a woman for me to convince you I’m happy to be treated respectfully.

Just go with the flow, these anons don't know the guy, but you do. If you think he's worth a shot, go for it. Personally I'm with them though, I only use Tinder for hookups.

I uninstalled it like 15 minutes after he asked for my number.

Most the guys on there were just painfully cringe and creepy to the point I've had to set my tinder to private because it connected my instagram.

Can you guys break down why you disagree with these posts?

I wouldn't want to commit to someone I wasn't crazy for. I just worry it would end up getting really toxic.

I was only paraphrasing the comedian you basically asked me to paraphrase.

It would make me far happier to believe you really love him than it would to believe you're just using him as an emotional crutch inbetween sharks. So to speak.

Hope it goes good for both of you.

There's always 2 sides on a coin. It's like Hitler, it's bad that he killed the jews and started war, but the Autobahn is pretty useful, or radar, jet engines ...

>comparing tinder to hitler
>inb4 hurr durr pol's that way

What the hell do you care?

Just go meet him and get fucked. He's not on tinder looking for a fiance if that's what you're expecting. Just be his 213th girl, you know you want to.

>a life resolution(...) to cut out lying
L M A O
M
A
O

Get out asap. The entire fact that you met him on FUCKING TINDER should be an obvious red flag in general holy shit.

Attached: 1522167790413.jpg (720x720, 61K)

>Can I get some advice that isn't so bitter and resentful?
I gave you one here I've never used tinder, why would I, neither has my fiancé so maybe there's some misunderstanding between people who have never used it and people who have to use it for some reason. I know the reputation of people who use tinder and I'm not like that so I guess it could be differences in how we are.

look you're in denial here because you want the guy to be a dateable high quality dude. he's not, he's a player looking to score. he's getting you wrapped around his finger and you're letting it happen because you're desperate.

my advice? delete tinder. if you want to do online dating and find good relationships, try bumble, eharmony, and possibly okcupid (though there's lots of trash there too, there are also people looking for relationships).

or, you can keep picking and choosing the advice you want to hear on here, and waste more of your time deluding yourself that a guy you met ON A HOOKUP SITE is not *really* looking for a hookup, and get your heart broken in the process. it's up to you.

Nah they're just telling her like it is.
The thing is OP already knows. The simplest explanation for someone being obviously practiced at something is that they've practiced a lot.

You are just another one

Troll thread, sage in all fields lads.

No one forced you to use tinder your slut ass just wants a good dicking.

Why are the bitter virgins from r9k invading this thread?

Give him the V. He sounds perfect.

Humans are a gamble. If you're not ready to make a bet and take a loss, don't gamble. Simple as that.

The rest of us gotta go in there knowing that bitch could stab our condoms and try to trap us with a kid. It ain't like it's magically easier for anyone to avoid crazies. Except the crazies, they never find each other.

I'm trying to picture the type of man who tells his tinder date he's trying to quit lying as a new years resolution and it's not a good vision

This thread is crazy to me.

I use tinder as a way to meet girls out of my circle. If I met one I had a connection with I wouldn't just ghost her after fucking her.

You guys are monsters.

I wanna say jealousy, but I think a lot of these guys aren't even from \r9k\, I reckon they're just ruthless with women.

Probably a Jordan Peterson fanboy.

life advice general

>Did you just assume I looked at "Chad" for 5 seconds, decided he was a 9/10 on looks alone and then opened my legs?
I mean that's all tinder is so......

>Inb4 OP is actually the guy worried that he's coming across like a player.

>"uneducated subhuman chad"
>In reality, there's a positive correlation between physical attractiveness and intelligence

Attached: 1500189632889.gif (500x240, 1.71M)

>I wouldn't just ghost her after fucking her.
You're the atypical one

Wait OP fucked him already and is asking if he's a player?

Lol.

because skanks should off themselves

Lol it’s tinder, there’s a good chance his lying. He literally said he use to be this big liar but now he’s a good person? Like nothing gets a girls guard down more then that.

You can’t get your hopes up when meeting someone on a app.

Attached: C90257DE-929D-47F6-A0DE-45A0FEB7B77B.gif (222x200, 970K)

Ugly incels think that they are smart.

Ask him out for coffee and a walk in the park.

Ps, if you question him like you want to he’ll smell your bullshit a mile away. Be real and see what happens.

OP here, for some reason Jow Forums stopped me posting.

He didn't really give me any reason to believe he was a big liar in the past. It seemed more like "we all know lying is bad, so I wanted to see how life would be if I stopped doing it completely."

I've started doing it, and I do still lie but I feel a bit guiltier now than I used to. I feel I have to hold myself to a higher standard because of it.

Am I missing something?

Wait how do you mean?

Yeah but stats show guys like you will probably do it instead :)

I haven't slept with him.

Good luck OP. Keep dating him. Report back to us in a month on how it went and if you're still together.

If he's handsome just sleep with him. Worst case, you still get sex with a handsome guy.

every guy who approaches you is a player because not player guys don't approach women

retard
if you want a nice guy you approach him don't wait for him

>Low quality bait

t. "Nice guy" bitter virgin

a guy who is genuine does not approach women regularly and he doesn't want a gf just for pussy, I never said I was a nice guy like you're saying you fucking nigger all I said was guys who don't care about getting pussy don't approach women, obviously any guy who approaches women will lie or be a player to get pussy because that's what you have to do, a guy who just wants a wife or girlfriend or woman friend won't approach women like that and doesn't actively seek out pussy, it's just a byproduct

Trust your instincts. Drop online dating and find a good man. Our society needs this and so do you. Otherwise enjoy being a single mother or your infidelity filled relationship with the manchild.

Attached: 1519508698914.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

That is the most retarded autistic rant I have read today.

your mom is a retarded autistic rant

this board is autistic and is more normie than b

>No happy marriage has ever started from a guy seeing and speaking to a girl he finds beautiful.

Whew.

nothing is 100 percent in life, that's called anecdotal evidence and doesn't refute a pattern

Most cultures in the world it is frowned upon for women to approach men.

You're the one talking exceptions my bitter, unloved friend.

also talking to a girl in appropriate situations is different than approaching them and trying to pick them up or going on tinder and shit.

being in line at starbucks and turning to the girl next to you and saying "long wait huh?" or "what did you order" is different than "hey you're beautiful what's your name"

one is talking to a girl, one is approaching a girl. nice guys do not approach women, ever. extremely rare. Prove me wrong. you can't

you're so bitter and unloved that you call people bitter and unloved

I know someone who isn't unloved though

your mom

by me

faggot nigger. this board sucks ass and so does /b/ Jow Forums is full of faggots now

just because it's frowned upon doesn't mean she shouldn't do it. Are you saying that she should stay on tinder and let every guy who approaches her go out with her in hopes of not finding a player among them? because that's pretty dumb if you are lol

you agree that players are more likely to approach women than nice guys as well right?

because that alone proves me right over you, you haven't even suggested anything to help her you're just arguing with me because you're a bitter autist who is bitterer and lonelier than I, "friend"

This is the most beta shit I've read. Any guy who doesn't care about getting pussy is a faggot. That's not even an insult. If you're not approaching women then you're single or setting yourself up to be single after the girl who approached you gets bored of you.

>Getting this mad

>semantics

Yeah, I agree. Decent guys "talk" to women, though the only difference between your two examples is that one guy has social class and manners whilst the other doesn't.
Though how can you be so sure that OP's guy is some slack jawed pussy hunter? I don't buy that every guy on tinder is some yet-to-be-disillusioned incel thinking that it's a cesspit of three text exchanges and casual sex.

Look at OP's post here,Surely when she didn't let him come back to her hotel, if he was a chad demon like you describe, he'd have got pissed and ghosted her?

Surely when she opened up, he wouldn't have taken the time to make sure she felt comfortable saying no to him no matter what?

It's kinda sad how Jow Forums has just become an Jow Forums colony for incels to get some morstels of attention from femanons.

I am sure you can tame the player OP because your vagina is so special. :^) the other girls failed but you can do it.