Do you still remember your first rejection? Did it scar you...

Do you still remember your first rejection? Did it scar you? Will you ever be able to look back at the person and not feel anything towards them again/not care?

Attached: question_most likely a dumb one.jpg (296x320, 12K)

I remember it. It hurt for a while because we had been great friends for two years. I don't care about them anymore because they turned into an alcoholic who slept with men and then she caught an STD or two so I stopped talking to her because I was disgusted with her choices in life. Now I don't care about her.

Rejections never hurt me. What hurt me were feelings that were shared with me that I was too weak to make work.

Don't live with regrets user.

>Don't live with regrets user.
What about those cringe moments in the past that your brain just likes to bring back up at random occasions? Would you consider those regrets, or just usual shit?

Attached: my life.png (800x1009, 73K)

I've done some cringey things in the past. The best thing you can do is laugh at yourself for your past silliness.

What I was talking about was not letting your happiness be stopped by your own ineptness. A rejection isn't something stopping you from being happy so it isn't that important.

Alright. Sounds good. Thanks lad.

Of course I still remember. It still hurts but not as much as before. We didn't talk for a couple months almost a year and sometimes I wished I never met her so I didn't have to feel that kind of pain. I told myself that I would never fall in love and never tell anyone my feelings for them ever again.

But during that time I grew as a person and realized I would've been a terrible boyfriend for her at the time. We're still friends and that's fine with me, as long as I can keep her in my life.

If I remember correctly, it was at the end of 8th grade. I had "fallen" hard for the girl with the locker next to mine. I was too beta to ask her to the graduation dance myself, so I had a friend ask for me. She said no. Sadface.jpg.

Man. That was... something like 20 years ago now. I think she's a hairdresser in Florida now or something. Probably has kids. I moved after that year, one of my friends said she became a real stoner in high school. And, shocking to me, she didn't go to college.

Anyway, I don't feel anything about her because, to be honest, I barely remember her. Fuck, it took me a few minutes to even remember her name. I don't remember feeling scarred at the time, but I definitely don't feel scarred about it now. Obviously, kinda wish I'd asked her in person, and much earlier than I had.

Anyway, OP, I'm sure you would rather hear about first *adult* rejections. I still remember that one too. That one hurt, and the stupid behaviors I'd developed (confess to move on) haunted me in my relationship struggles for years to come. I've looked back at her in the years since and kind of laughed, actually; she is very much NOT my type now. I can still cringe a bit about the dumb shit I did when I was pursuing her. But otherwise, nah, I don't feel anything about her.

Never had anyone reject me, but I have had a bad breakup.
Aside for getting dumped by someone I deeply loved, I lost a huge circle of friends, I lost contact with 90% of the people I talked to. Its been 11 years. Never recovered.

Yeah, no crush has ever responded well to my feelings.
Thats why I never had a gf and probably wont ever since I cant catch feels anymore thanks to every girl that turned me down.

Yeah i remember my first. No it didnt scar me. I look back at the person the same way I saw them back then, a woman who I kinda wanted to fuck.

Yep

I confessed to a girl at 7th grade and she rejected me by simply saying "no" and walking away. I had a rollercoaster of emotions the following week and i couldnt stop beating myself over it. Two weeks later i still saw her at school giving me emberresed looks, so i went to her and told her that all is cool and i didnt trip.

She was relived and all was good by then, but still it was my first rejection.

>Do you still remember your first rejection?
Yes
Did it scar you?
It hurt a lot for maybe a year or two. Not anymore though.
>Will you ever be able to look back at the person and not feel anything towards them again/not care?
I actually remember her fondly. I'm kinda salty that I failed to be with her, but in retrospect, I feel glad since we are/were too different from one another.

I can live on without ever knowing of her again, but I hope she has a good life. Because she was a catalyst that helped me mature and improve.

I asked my crush to prom in front of the whole class and they said no

I got over it pretty fast but I get embarrassed thinking about it from time to time. It's my own fault for putting myself out there like that but I guess I thought I was being confident haha

I was a child, we probably wouldn't even recognize each other on the street.

>tfw been in love exactly two times in my life and in both instances she loved me back so i've never been rejected

feels good

Yeah, I remember. I don’t know if scar is the word but I never told anyone I had feelings for them again, after that I‘ve always waited for the other person to make the first move.

yeah i asked out a girl in like seventh grade and she said no. i think she's getting married now.

jokes on her i'm gay and also in a relationship.

no op it did not scar me

this almost to the t.

>your first rejection?
There was being 'dumped' by my 'girlfriend' in ninth grade but that was barely anything at all.
There was a girl some years after high school was over and done with, but in the end we didn't really have anything in common, and I wasn't exactly interested in shoring up with someone I couldn't hold much of a conversation with.

I'm not really sure. I tend to see rejection as a good sign to not be interested anymore; and as for my relationships, I've always been the breaker-up (ninth grade, as aforementioned, not included)...

I mean we might recognize one another but I get saltier and saltier as the years go on. I have a high school reunion coming up, I can't wait. I'm going to be such a bitter son of a bitch.

>Do you still remember your first rejection?
Yeah, my first oneitis from the first couple years of high school. Looking back I barely knew her and I just cringe thinking about how obsessed I got and how much time I wasted on her.
>Did it scar you?
At the time, yeah. It probably helped screw up my social development for the rest of high school and I wasn't over her for a couple of years.
>Will you ever be able to look back at the person and not feel anything towards them again/not care?
Years and a few oneitises and actual relationships later all I feel is regret that I let it go on for as long as it did back then. I don't know if she'd recognize or remember me and I doubt I'd feel anything for her if we did meet again.

Did you ever manage to get laid?

>be me, awkward shy chubby 15 yr old enough girl
>guy in band talking to me on msn for about a week
>holy shit I think this hot older guy he like me too what do I do omg
Send him a message saying “my friend thinks you like me lol”
>his reply
Lol you’re too young for me I’m afraid
>my heart sinks and I’m holding back tears
Sorry, my friend actually typed that
>his response
Don’t worry, I was young once too, you don’t have to pretend
>lol kk m8 I have to go bye

As an adult I wonder why he was talking to me in the first place but you win some you lose some lmao