Last thursday

>last thursday
>get off last train around 12 am to walk to apartment
>a girl is walking about 150 feet in front of me.
>we're both heading the same direction. she looks familiar and I think she lives in my building
>I usually just look forward while walking and think about stuff but I see her looking back at me nervously so I pull out phone and check e-mails so she doesn't freak out
>keep a cursory awareness of my surroundings while walking but eventually lose track of her because im not paying attention
>as I round the final turn to the street my building is on she jumps out from nowhere and pepper sprays me, kicks me in the groin and flees.
>spend 15 minutes floundering around on the sidewalk until police arrive. I find out later she called them on me.
>they detain and question me. eventually prove I'm just walking home because they get the property manager to come out and vouch for me.
>they call dispatch and get in contact with the girl and she comes down from the building
>she says she thought I was following her home and she wanted to get away before I followed her into the building
>cops ask me alone if I want to press charges, I immediately say yes and they take my statement.

>yesterday
>she somehow finds out my apartment number and knocks on my door at 9am begging me not to press charges because she could be evicted and lose her job.
>she offers to pay for my hospital visit (just a emergency check for issues) but I tell her I have insurance.
>tell her I will think about it. she seems sincere but a part of me is still angry.

Should I drop the charges Jow Forums? Don't want to ruin this girls life. Although I am pissed the fuck off I am not injured permanently.

Attached: PS-GDCSOC18-1B.jpg (1000x1000, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Reasonable man theory
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You've had two chance encounters with this girl.

>attacking you out of nowhere by surprise
>apologies because her actions might have consequences

Do you think she's worth being nice to?

She was only protecting herself... If she was being followed it'd only make sense to call the police.

I'd say no to pressing charges.

Fuck her, don't give in to petty pleading. She's just worried now that she's realized her actions have consequences.

do it. she did all that shit AND called the police. fuck her

she assaulted someone for walking down the same street as her, my man lol

It's a pretty shitty situation for both of you.

I understand fully why you're pressing charges but I'd never press charges even if I was attacked in a bar brawl.

This issue is her fear is as insulting and demeaning as her actions. Yet what was she meant to do if she was genuinely afraid?

This is way too difficult a question for us to answer. Just make sure you're not pressing charges because of a bruised ego, I'd say.

I'm a little conflicted. My anger has subsided a little but she did seem like a decent person in our conversation.

I was literally not paying attention to her. I intentionally lagged behind her so she would chill out. Was on my phone and responding to e-mails when she did this. Again I don't want to ruin her life. I think she works with children so something like this could end her career. But I want her to learn its not okay to attack random men just for being out at night.

I don't know the difference between a bruised ego and just genuinely being pissed off at being pepper sprayed and kicked in the nuts. I don't know if you've ever been maced but that shit feels your like eyeballs are on fire. Honestly one of the most painful things I've ever experienced.

SEND THE BITCH TO JAAAAAAAAIL, YOU DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG

I'd say do it. If you hit a woman, the cops would pressure the girl into pressing charges even if she didn't want to. This is 2018, time for equality

nah fuck that she's exaggerating
follow through OP she totally overreacted

>She was only protecting herself
from what? A man looking at his phone?

Honestly it's shitty for you either way because I bet if you do press charges she'll find some way to get back at you.

Her actions aren't justified IMO just because from what you're saying she immediately went on attack and didn't confront you verbally first.

If she genuinely seems like a decent person(ask you neighbors about it maybe) then don't press charges but definitely scold her and tell her
to be more careful and less paranoid.

She's a grown ass woman who knows the consequences. She could have hidden somewhere (/she already did) and waited for you to leave, or called the cops and got them to come, but instead she decided to assault you.

There were better ways for her to address this. What if she gave you permanent vision loss, or ruptured your testicles and caused you to need surgery? What if she had a concealed carry and shot you? She didn't care, she only cares now that she's in trouble.

>but scold her and tell her to be less paranoid

You're not her fucking father, OP.

You don't have to be someones father to make them understand they fucked up lmao.

She attacked you. It's not about being a "good or bad" person. What about you? Did you deserve this? You made fun of someone once. Does than mean anything? She apologized and seems nice? Does that matter?

The answer is no. We have laws for a reason. She could have permanently hurt you. Imagine if it was someone else that wouldn't keep their cool like you did. She could be actually attacked.

Nah man. Think rationally. Ignore this stupid woman's pleas. You owe her nothing. Press charges. ... or at least pressure her into sex if she's cute enough.

How will this ruin her life? Lol exaggerate. But if she agrees to pay for your medical bills get it in writing first before you drop any charges, but don't coerce her. Maybe consult a legal expert.

If you aren't truly harmed and it was a seemingly innocent mistake then why press charges?

Press charges. She's a female so the judge will just "lol females can't be held responsible for their actions because deep down we know they are emotionally at the level of a child" and let her off easy.

Bitch is crazy and worked herself into frenzy over nothing.

>innocent
>mistake
ha no, you don't just accidently pepper spray someone and kick them in the balls. As others have said, she should've talked to OP about it. Press charges.

Say you take her to court. She won't go to prison because you're not hurt. You don't have any injuries, but she's already offered to pay for your hospital visit if you were injured. If you lawyer up and tell him you're psychologically traumatized or whatever, then you're just doing it to get back at her and that isn't justice. That's vengeance over a bruised ego. So your lawyer takes her down for even more money than she's willing to pay, and for what? A lie about being traumatized?
>If you aren't truly harmed and it was a seemingly innocent mistake then why press charges?
This. It's a really shitty thing that happened to you, but chances are she's been followed before, or is a victim of molestation/abuse.

FUCKING PRESS CHARGES YOU NIGGER FAGGOT,

the dumb bitch needs to fucking learn.

Do it for us!!! Cunt,

>If you lawyer up and tell him you're psychologically traumatized or whatever, then you're just doing it to get back at her and that isn't justice
OP doesn't even have to do this though. Let the court decide on their own what to do with her. THAT's justice.

>Your honor I was assaulted on x day with pepper spray and a knee to my groin
>Any permanent damage
>No
>Okay. She'll pay a fee of x dollars
>wtf she was already willing to pay me out of court

>>Okay. She'll pay a fee of x dollars
nothing wrong with that
And OP already he said had insurance, so her offering to pay medical expenses means nothing.

Well she thought she was being followed late at night by a dude and she's dumb, but it's not like she randomly attacked him out of maliciousness as far as we know.

He does not get a lawyer of his own when he's a victim. He gets the government attorney. This isn't a civil case

Fucking sue her OP, take her to court, make her pay!

What kind of idiot pepper sprays and kicks someone in the nuts for walking in the same fuckin street? Oh right, a female idiot, rather, just a female.

I work on the street at night and carry spray, only ever used it once because some drunk asshole punched me twice and I confirmed that he was going to continue if I didn't put a stop to it. Was legit just gonna let him off if he was done after the two punches but nope, so he got half a bottle in the face.

Assault is not something you do by accident, and obviously she set up am ambush for you by waiting around the corner like a fucking asssassin.

Attached: 1523495509988.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Couldn't OP argue that she didn't warn him? That wouldn't have taken much to point the bottle and go
>I need you to stop following me, I have pepper spray
And then OP could go
>I live in this building, bring the landlord out here
And bam, no assault.

>then why press charges?
Because she’s a fucking menace who goes around pepper-spraying guys in the face and kicking them in the balls for walking down the same street as her. Her grown-ass ought to know that it’s not okay to assault random strangers for, quite literally, doing nothing.

Hey mister...I need you to stop following me home with the intent to rape, murder, and rape me again.
-Naw
Ok mister, stand back or I will spray you with da pepper spray!
-Naw
Watch out mister!
-Naw ima go head and rape yo ass now.

this
If you let her off the hook OP she'll probably do it to others knowing she can get away with it. I'd quite like not getting pepper sprayed.

>advice board
>filled with MGTOW type weirdos screaming for female blood in literally every thread

hmm

I've had people follow me before. One time some guy got out of his truck and started following me so I pulled out my knife from my purse and palmed it. He wouldn't go away so I opened the knife. All of a sudden he decided to back off.
ops neighbor bitch should have tried that but, honestly if you think someone is going to jump you you might try to disable them whether it's pepper spray, one of those extendable bats, smacking em with your purse, kneeing them in the balls, or poking them in the eyes. Honestly she would have been better running her ass home.

Yes, she's going to go on a remorseless pepper spraying spree. This was just the beta test run.

If you're walking behind a woman at night, walk past her, then you're not following her. thats what I do.

Could you talk to her about it more? find out what shes learned from this situation?

As a wimmen, I usually cross the street if I feel uncomfortable. If they follow me across the street then I know I'm dead.

>all these replies
>nobody suggests dropping the charges in exchange for sexual favors

OP, just tell her you'll drop the charges if she sucks your cock after you fuck her ass.

You sound like a retard

Chicks always get a pass on shit like this #MeFuckingToo

Thats pretty good. Theres still a chance its coincidental, but its not terribly big.

>.yOU soUnD liEK a ReEeTaAAARD

you sound like a feminist, dumb piece of shit.

fuck women. They already have too much fucking power,

If you're implying that I was in any wrong, you're a fool.

ignore that twat

Press charges, if she felt unsafe she should have called the police and waited for them to arrive, not taken matters into her own hands without you attempting to harm her in any way. If she also found out you apartment number to beg you fro forgiveness she is only doing it because she did something wrong.

I'd be surprised if the courts do anything to her at all.

She claims self-defense, which is an argument that hinges on how threatened she FELT, and not how threatened she actually was, and gets let off. A girl being scared that she's being followed by a man at night would probably be considered a reasonable fear and so pepper spray would also probably be deemed a reasonable response.

Honestly I'd want to lay charges just on the principle of the thing, but I think you should drop them. If she works with kids then this really could ruin her career and that's disproportionate punishment since you don't have any permanent injuries. I would probably also take the opportunity to make it clear that I was furious with her and that it was a close decision.

>primal instinct of fear is flight or fight
>legislatures criminalize an option you don't elect to take but biology forces you to take
Nah fuck you.

Self Defense hinges on:
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Reasonable man theory

Get the money settled and go on with life. It'll suck with her and maybe, in the future, she won't fucking assault guys because 'muh patriarchy.'

That's the Good Side answer anyway, Evil Side answer is fucking ream her with those charges. A man of your (presumably) meek mannerism can probably spin a pretty good yarn about THAT particular experience being pretty fucking troubling.
But that's me, I think court's just a fucking storywriting contest between a bunch of rich wankers. I say if you're not out to just settle your debts, go ham and work the system.
Like I said, it'll be a useful lesson for her either way... that's a pretty fucked up thing to do all things considered; a man who did the same thing would already be identified by face, first and last, city and quadrant of residence, and the exact time, date and location of the occurrence.

I do live by a saying, though. "What goes around, comes around." If you play games, have an out.

Yep, definitely a retard

>I want her to learn its not okay to attack random men just for being out at night.

I want men to learn it’s not okay to attack random women just for being out at night.

I know you’re pissed OP, but consider how you would feel if this was your mother, sister or daughter. What if a woman called you, late at night and said “I think I’m being followed, this guy has been behind me all the way home and now I’m outside my building, what should I do?”.
Not trying to be feminazi but I honestly feel bad that the girl feels the need to carry pepper spray.

t. Woman who was grabbed and threatened by a man so probably projecting

And did you pepper spray him and kick him in the nutsack?

you're a fucking moron.

you've made your bed, now lie in it. It's women pushing for "MUUH EQUALITYYYyyy" bullshit that lead to this

I'm glad you were threatened by a man, I'm just sorry he didn't rape you and kill you, dumb whore.

>I know you’re pissed OP, but consider how you would feel if this was your mother, sister or daughter. What if a woman called you, late at night and said “I think I’m being followed, this guy has been behind me all the way home and now I’m outside my building, what should I do?”.
Exactly this. I'd tell my sister "just mace him."

How about "well get away from him and call the police if you feel that way, or identify him and get a restraining order."
"Try to physically assault someone you believe to intend you harm" is about the dumbest fucking thing I could think of. Some punk-ass trying to get your wallet? Sure, fucking puff back, but if you think someone's dedicated stalking to you, I'm pretty sure this fucking 'plan' of hers only flew because OP was actually goddamn innocent, and actively ignoring her to send the OTHER message.

Had OP been a stalker, she could have ended up in a far different scenario, one with far less room for apologies. Playing blind to this is just picking favourites among genders.
She assaulted him, she ponies up the costs associated. Simple, even, square.

I reiterate: she's only totally okay and not fucked up in any way because OP was completely innocent and never intended her harm. Someone who meant her harm would probably be pretty fucking mad about pepper spray.

t. Man who's been assaulted by men multiple times so before you fucking start with me you little goddam trollop you sit the fuck here and listen

you people are fucking lunatics

>just mace him

NO, you dumb bitch,

you're so fucking self centered holy shit idont even know where to start

I wish you the worst, I hope you die in your own blood and go to the deepest pits of hell

Attached: 1521584714185.jpg (1900x1440, 481K)

And I’d tell my home boy to “just rape her”

The difference is that the guy goes to prison and gets charges. She needs to face consequences, at least monetarily.

Right, but that also means that when someone explains themselves in court, at least where I live, part of the consideration includes the threat level as assessed by the person claiming self-defense. If she goes to court and says that a strange man followed her all the way home at night on a street where they were all alone, it sounds like she felt pretty threatened by the situation.

>person is walking on the same street as me
>physically attack them TWICE, both times being extremely painful
>call police
>I am the victim here
Fuck off. If OP wasn't showing any malicious intent (literally fucking walking down the street), there is absolutely no reason that she should not only mace him but also kick him in the nuts (which can cause permanent damage).
Bitch needs to get punished so she can learn her lesson.

No but the adrenaline kicked in when he grabbed me, pushed him off of me hard enough for him to fall over and I ran like hell the entire way home.

Very polite of you, I hope this never happens to someone close to you.

Thank you

Why are you speaking to me so harshly? We can have a discussion about it if you want to but there’s no need to be so angry over an user advice board. As I said, I don’t mean to sound like a feminazi and I’m aware I am somewhat projecting.

>"well get away from him and call the police if you feel that way, or identify him and get a restraining order."

I can completely understand your opinion but I think we can both agree that women are weaker than men. In this situation I can only imagine the sheer panic she felt as she realised that if a man had the intention of physically over powering her, he could. Have you heard the phrase “a wounded deer will kick”?

You say to get away from him, which is fair. I wouldn’t say I’m athletic but I try to run regularly. I run with male friends often and they can always outrun and outlast me. If a guy started to sprint at me I’d only have a few seconds to react before my chances of avoidance are slim. Also I’m pretty certain it would be impossible to identify him without getting a good look at his face which requires being close enough for him to be visible.

I’m not in anyway denying that she assaulted him. I’m just trying to suggest to OP that he could essentially take pity on her for being so fearful of being attacked, raped or murdered.

>Someone who meant her harm would probably be pretty fucking mad about pepper spray.
That is definitely true which is why I assume she called the police afterwards.

Then you acted accordingly. This girl did not. Even if she felt threatened she could have ran like you did. You don’t kick strangers in the nutsack and mace them because of your feels. Women.

>Even if she felt threatened she could have ran like you did
>You say to get away from him, which is fair. I wouldn’t say I’m athletic but I try to run regularly. I run with male friends often and they can always outrun and outlast me. If a guy started to sprint at me I’d only have a few seconds to react before my chances of avoidance are slim.
Or are you saying men aren't more physically capable than women, by and large?

If I hadn’t of successfully pushed him away, I can’t deny I would have kicked, punched.. bitten.. anything to avoid being violated.

If your gf told you she had been raped, would you not think “hmm, well how hard did you try to stop him? Did you push him? Kick him? Did you defend yourself?”

Woman in OPs story may have been eager to defend herself but in a world where women (and men) are sexually assaulted and raped, I can’t say I blame her.

Nitpicking and bitching now? Jesus. The guy purposely stayed farther away from her. Proactively was trying to diffuse the situation. I thought we were pushing for equality here. Aren’t we all equals?

Her life isn't over if she gets charged. It may also not be worth your time to slap this girl on the wrist. Personally, I think the girl should learn a hard lesson. She could have analyzed the situation better, especially once hidden.

I’d be there for my wife. I wouldn’t blame anything on her. Then again she’s not retarded walking around in the middle of night. She has a handgun and doesn’t let herself go around shooting people because of her feels.

>Aren’t we all equals?
No. Hence,
>Or are you saying men aren't more physically capable than women, by and large?

Handgun /= pepper spray.

>You don’t kick strangers in the nutsack and mace them because of your feels. Women.

>You don’t physically over power someone and rape them because of your desires. Men.

>The guy purposely stayed farther away from her.
Could also be seen as intentionally dwindling behind her as a means to calculate the best moment to pounce like a lion on a wounded animal. I’m just saying.

>I thought we were pushing for equality here. Aren’t we all equals?
Do you believe that yourself? Are you pushing for rape to be extinct?

Ok.

Yeah I'd much rather get pepper sprayed than shot youre right. It still doesn't make it okay to assault a stranger.

This sounds like my kind of foreplay

>Then again she’s not retarded walking around in the middle of night.
So if, for whatever reason, she had to walk home late at night and she was assulted or raped, it would be fair game?
>She has a handgun and doesn’t let herself go around shooting people because of her feels.
Why does she have a handgun if she doesn’t walk around late at night? If you consider that to be reasonable, is it unreasonable to carry mace?
If you said to her, on the one random occasion she has to walk home on her own in the dark “don’t forget your handgun, just in case” and she then told you that she had shot a man who had walked behind her the entire journey home because she believed he was being sketchy and seconds away from physically over powering her... would you support her?

>omg women are so sensitive wtf why are you so scared of being raped
>this sounds like my kind of foreplay

You are the reason innocent OP was attacked first

If she's hot and out of your league. Have her take you out to dinner and throw your best game at her, you might get lucky and put your penis inside her.

If she's not hot, just say you're cool and let it be. Not worth your time and she might actually vouch for you.

Pressing charges is expensive, btw.

These mind gymnastics are out of this world. Take a breather and browse Tumblr for a bit.

No some women are just heavily autistic

>not actually responding to my valid post
>not acknowledging I described a very possible and legitimate situation

Read this thread as if it were a news story to your wife in an unbiased manner and ask her opinion.

Would a man get any leniency in this situation? No. So she shouldn't either. Let her suffer for what she did.

This is what concealed carry classes are for. Pointing out the flaws in your argument is just pointless. Keep going with your ifs. On the off chance she really does get raped or shoots somebody I'll be there for my woman. And if that means she has to face the consequences of her actions then we'll do it together.

Talk to your wife, my friend. See how she feels about it.

What’s the worst that could happen.. She agrees with you and you both know I’m wrong?

Come
To the dark side user, charge her.

The funny thing is I don't need to. Wrong or right I could care less. I know if some random woman maced me and assaulted me minding my own business I would sue her.

>story about how a man got assaulted by a woman
>bitches come out of the woodwork to say how it's OP's fault

Attached: 1489293180334.png (364x322, 14K)

>Spend all that time arguing
>Wrong or right I could care less

Attached: mfw.jpg (1920x1080, 729K)

Where did anyone claim it was the fault of OP?
Learn to read

Lol, women are retarded.

Okay you dumb cunt. Men know its wrong to attack women just like women know vice versa.
OP said he wanted her specifically to know.

I would press charges on her. What she did was wrong and was assault, plain and simple. I wouldn't pull any punches on this one

>women are retarded
>men know it’s not okay to...

Oh never mind

Dumbass. If the genders were flipped, the call to jail the person that literally assaulted another random person would be even worse. That's the kicker. If a dude did this to some chick, Jow Forums would be out for blood. Think before you type, you prejudiced fuck.

Attached: 1523162990425.jpg (640x482, 72K)

>If a dude did this to some chick, Jow Forums would be out for blood.
Are we lurking the same board?
If a dude did this to a chick Jow Forums would find some way to blame the woman.

Here’s the kicker: a man wouldn’t do this to a woman for simply walking behind him, in the dark at 12am because he wouldn’t feel threatened or fearful of being raped

Weite down the invident when she came to your house. Fuck her over in court, then sue her ass in civil court for psychological damages, tou fear going out at night now and its ruined your relationship qith your dog.

Or if you have the balls... tell her youll drop the charges if you can tie her up and milk your cock in her holes until your bored of using her as a fucktoy.

Her fear was a fact. That it was unfounded doesn't make it any less real. And she does deserve some sympathy for that.

A while back there was a thread here about what to do when walking near a woman at night. Advice was to make noise to show you weren't sneaking up - like pretend to talk on your phone

Obviously she hid at some point. She had stayed hidden having the mace ready, OP would have walked by and nothing would have happened. Despite this she decides to assault unprovoked - in my view she has whatever the charges bring coming. Was this a mistake ? Yes. Does that warrant her getting off the hook because being female ? No.

Here's the deal our legal attorneys have prepared for you:
1) pepper sray her
2) kick her groin
3) ask the equivalent of the hospital bill, or if you don't know how much it is, the equivalent of two days wage
4) make love to her
5) let her fall in love with you
6) break up.

She ambushed you bro. She could have turned the corner and ran to the building with pepper spray in hand if she felt threatened. Then she comes to your apartment, your home to beg forgiveness so you drop charges. She attacked you and then stalks you down. Consider if the roles were reversed.

No. Tough love. She needs to learn that she is accountable for her actions in life. She assaulted someone. Follow through. It caused you pain time and money. Just let it go through.

She was afraid of being raped- considering the circumstances i think she did exactly the right thing and you're lucky to be alive given where you live.

I'd pass it off as a misunderstanding- it's punishment enough that she has to go through life doubting her instincts when in a potentially dangerous environment. Punishing her for being afraid only makes things worse.

>Pepper spray and assault someone for no reason
>Justified

No, she is not justified in what she did. She attacked someone unprovoked. You can't just go around harming others because you're "afraid" or whatever BS excuse you can think of. This person deserves punishment, and hopefully OP hands it to her on a silver platter.