This is Luna. She's been my best friend for seven years, and I thought that was young for an American Eskimo...

This is Luna. She's been my best friend for seven years, and I thought that was young for an American Eskimo. I got a call from her vet today (after a normal checkup), and she has cancer. Everywhere. I don't know how long she's had it, it's like it came out of nowhere. I'm so scared. I've never lost a pet before, she seems fine. Hell, she doesn't even know what's going on. She's not in any pain.

What should I do to commemorate her? I have this precious time, I don't know if it'll be 2 months or 2 weeks, I know I have to do something. What do you wish you could have done if you knew your best friend was going to pass in two months?

Attached: IMG_20180413_201238_679.jpg (960x1280, 96K)

bump

Attached: IMG_20180413_194448_116.jpg (1080x1080, 46K)

More Luna. She's using her fluffy snoot to bump the thread.

Attached: IMG_20180413_200058_586.jpg (3456x3456, 2.61M)

Just let the bitch die. Humans are supposed to stick to human friends. Dog friends won't hold the door for you, or lend you $300 to pay off your college tuition. The bitch is useless, let it die in peace. It even paid off the vet to give the diagnosis.

Get out, before it's too late.

She does love her snacks, but she paid me back. She loans me lots of kisses for college tuition.

Attached: IMG_20180412_182755064_BURST001.jpg (3456x4608, 3.53M)

Hang out with your friend. My dad is a dick and didn't tell me he was putting my cat down because he "didn't want me to skip work over it and get fired" well the day he took my cat to the vet was my day off. And he literally sent me car shopping, I didn't know my cat was ill. (The cat was living at their house, I in another nearby city.)
I would like to have hugged him, petted him, and told him a few last times how much I loved him.

Will do. I'm so sorry about your cat, man. Thank you.

Damn, user, I'm really sorry to hear that. She's a beautiful pupper. I lost my best friend (my husky Ghost) last summer and it was really tough, but also inevitable. It kind of came out of nowhere, too, which made it a little harder. I'd say just spend as much time with her as you can, spoil her, take her on walks in her favorite spots, and let her know how much she means to you. I wish you and Luna the best of luck, though.

Don't be that guy that makes your pet linger in pain because you aren't ready to let go. I find that wholly disgusting.
Use what time you have now to get ready. It'll happen faster than you think.

purebreds of anything tend to be prone to sickness. Remember that if you get another 'breed' instead of an adoption mutt.

as for what to do, you know your dog, you know her favourite things, you know your favorite things. Do them, and if you want more than a memory, take pics.

....better ones than these...

Thank you

>Luna is not some purebred accessory to me.

don't care.

you were talking about surprise at sudden onset of cancer.

You seem like someone who will look for another dog after this one's time is up.

something to keep in mind if another purebred falls into your lap. they are all prone to genetic weakness

Oh okay. Sorry, I thought you were accusing me of not appreciating mutts and only chasing purebreds. Thank you for the information.

My cats totally in cat heaven now. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Pet your puppy.
I have another cat now that my sister dropped off with my parents, but I never get to see her and my dumbfuck apartment doesn't allow pets

>lend $300 to pay off college tuition

Honestly anyone you've left you to die long ago if they think there going to cater to a freeloader.

They're in a better place, where they can frolic and eat all the bacon/tuna they want.

He did like tuna!!!!!!!

Same old man. Dogs live in the moment and they're happy as long as you're there. Extra scratches, maybe a bit of hot dog in her food, longer walks, and know when it's time.

The dog will tell you when it's time. No matter how much pain she's in, she'll show you she's still happy if she is. You'll see when the suffering is too much. That's the time.

I'm sorry. Lost a few in my life, and I have 3 doggos now and can't imagine life without any of them. It's very difficult, but take comfort in the fact they live such better lives than we do. They're endless Love and innocence. They have more joy in 10 years than we experience in a life time. It's totally cool for her to go when she goes.

Pray for Luna!
Enjoy the time you have with luna while you can. A couple months back my ten year old border collie/chow chow mix and apparently he had a tumor in is liver or something like that, after like a week of my poor dog getting more and more bloated in our home, we put him down. I cried a good bit on the drive back from the vet that night. I still miss him, I can thank my parents though for letting me say goodbye to him. (For reference, 20 just back from college)
I wish I gave my dog more belly rubs, he loved those more than anything, I regret not giving him as much attention in his last days as I should've.
Seriously, enjoy the time you have while you can.
>Inb4 "You're a little bitch"
Yeah probably am but I couldn't care less, I had that dog since I was 10 years old and I still remember the night I carried him to the car for the ride home.

Thank you so much, the reason I make this post was because I felt so alone and so helpless. I don't feel so alone anymore. Luna loves you both.

>edgy comment
People like you are never a fraction as cool in real life as you try to be online.

Awe, Glad ya made your post :D

Dogs give unconditional love and emotional support. Bigger dogs will protect you, and lots of breeds are physically stronger and and just about every breed is faster than a human. Most dogs (assuming there's no abuse) have extreme loyalty and often will die for you, since they have an instinct to protect the alpha of the pack should they be in danger (and a human should very easily become the alpha in the relationship early on).
There may be plenty of shitty dogs out there, but there's a reason they're called man's best friend.

Give her a fun couple days doing all her favourite things then get her put to sleep so that she does not have to suffer. When you watch someone you love suffer it's like watching them die twice the grief is far more.

I want her to suffer as little as possible. Albiet some squinting, Luna has her tail wagging and seems as happy as ever! She's been getting lots of bacon treats.

The grumpy user may have had a bad dog experience, which is unfortunate.

I'm sorry my dude. I'm thinking of adopting a doggo and already makes me sad to think 15 years in advance to when they pass. You have my condolences...