Can i still be a lawyer even if i have absolute dogshit handwriting

can i still be a lawyer even if i have absolute dogshit handwriting

or will i have to be a doctor instead?

pic unrelated

Attached: Screenshot_20180330-105552.jpg (1080x2220, 759K)

What year are you living in? Most shit now at days will require your signature at most

Can I be a lawyer if I have bad handwriting? Holy shit. How are you going to study and graduate as a lawyer if you can't even figure out how and then be dedicated to improve something as basic as your handwriting?

Oh I always wanted to be a lawyer, turned out I wasn't naturally gifted at handwriting so I decided to live on the streets and sniff petrol. Life can be so cruel.

If something so trivial is stopping you from achieving your goals then you were never meant to reach them in the first place.

law school is mostly essays
i have some bullshit condition as a result of taking pills as a kid. my handwriting is as legible as that of a child at best and a toddler if i try to write at a normal pace

ive taken schooks to improve it but they dont seem to work, ive been at this for years now.

perhaps im overthinking this whole thing but i only got one shot for grad school and perhaps i dont want to make the wrong choice

I'd be more concerned about your ability to be a lawyer or doctor with what is clearly a moderately serious medical condition if your fine motor skills were so affected.

You will be a great cashier at your upcoming and lifelong career at Walmart.

if i ever i choose to be a doctor id be a radiologist.
man all im asking is if its possible, im more than willing to put in the work for it
but this is a condition i cant change.
im capable of doing pretty much anything anyway justa bit messier you know?

very funny

I’m not joking, you’re a fool to think you have any business being a dr or anything of the like.

Lawyer here. A surprisingly large proportion of my colleagues have either atrocious handwriting, or handwriting that is very difficult to read. We're expected to type up notes and whatnot anyway, so it's not too much of an issue. If it's ugly but legible, and YOU can read it, you're fine.

everyone in my family is a doctor or engineer or businessman of some sort
im inclined to think im not the dumbest of the lot.
but thank you for the reply
i see, thank you for the response.
but mt main concern is not handwriting in legal practice, rather handwriting during law school

>but mt main concern is not handwriting in legal practice, rather handwriting during law school
Well that depends on how your school works. Assignments and shit were always expected to be typed, though tests and exams were handwritten. If whoever was marking your writing couldn't read it (and they'd be able to read a LOT of seemingly illegible handwriting), my school's policy was that it would be given back to you to type up.

shit if my school was like that i wpuldnt have any problems
but im not sure what my school is yet so i cant ask

I'm sure most schools have some sort of policy on how they handle illegible handwriting. If you're really concerned, you could post a picture of a writing sample? Just write a few lines of nonsense or something

this is on a good day and it tends to deteriorate the more tired my hand gets (which is pretty quick desu)

Attached: 20180414_170024.jpg (4032x3024, 3.98M)

this is it if i have to write faster

Attached: 20180414_170212.jpg (4032x3024, 3.59M)

I'd be lying if I said I could read that easily, but you have to remember that the people who are marking your work will have practice reading even the most illegible handwriting. You'll be fine, and at the very least, it shouldn't stop you from applying for law school if that's what you want to do.

thank you for the advice
ill try not to worry as much and try to improve it

Honestly, don't worry about it. Your school will have some way of dealing with illegible handwriting. And as a lawyer, the only real time you'll be writing is making notes when you're with clients or at court, and like I said, you'll usually type them up afterwards anyway. It's all part of good file management; and that means that any lawyer in your firm can pick up your file and pick up where you left off if need be.

how is legal practice anyway?
is it fulfilling?
overly stressful?

I’m a lawyer. You’re handwriting doesn’t matter unless you can’t read it yourself.

You probably need to stop being a retard first and lay off the drugs.

one would think it matters in law school

I'm no lawyer or anything but it's 2018 man, handwriting isn't your only option anymore.

Take notes that are only for yourself, but type up your papers, shit, I'm surprised you think any professor wants a hand written paper.

Also it doesn't take a lot of money to get a laptop that's good enough to open a wordpad document. Practice on typing and you can type way faster than someone handwriting (less hand cramps too).

I'd probably bang the one on the right she has a hotter face although the one on the left has a nice body bigger boobs anyway

I'm a lawyer. My handwriting is completely illegible to people other than myself, and is often difficult for me to read. I had no problem doing shit like taking notes and studying.

>law school is mostly essays
While most/all lawschools will permit you to hand-write your exam essays still, I am not aware of a single one that requires is. Every single one licenses some secure exam software that lets you write your essays on a laptop you bring to class on exam day.
Fuck, my law school would even loan laptops out for exam-takers if they had no laptop (or theirs was unreliable) for free during exam periods. They really don't want you to hand-write your exams because it makes shit more complicated.

>I'd be more concerned about your ability to be a lawyer or doctor with what is clearly a moderately serious medical condition if your fine motor skills were so affected.

This isn't a problem at all for being a lawyer. There were kids in my law school class who were severely physically disabled. One girl was totally blind, and was somehow able to take in all her course materials. Another guy was a paraplegic and had one fucked up arm. There was another guy who had a withered arm. A disability that fucks with fine motor skills is not a bar to becoming a lawyer.

That said, if you can neither handwrite nor type using any kind of accommodation, you're probably gonna have problems. I think it's even possible you'd be able to use speech recognition, and the school would accommodate you (basically you'd get to take your exams in a special room and they'd probably be untimed).

This is absolutely fine. You won't have to hand-write your exams. I don't know where the other lawyer went to law school, or when, but I just graduated about 3 years ago from a US law school. I don't think the faculty were even permitted to mandate you handwrite your exams, and I don't think they'd want you to.

People have a lot of preconceptions about what happens in law school, usually informed by things they saw in movies or things they hear from relatives or family friends who went to law school 30+ years ago.

The main difference between undergrad and law school for me was that every single class was graded on a curve. I didn't find the coursework all that much more difficult, at least to make a B-grade. If you wanted all As, you had to work like crazy, I suppose.

>law school is mostly essays
Oh you're worried about writing exams?

I don't think there are any law schools that still require you to hand-write your exams, at least not in the US. You bring a laptop to the exam, on which you've installed the school's "exam software", which puts the computer in a locked-down state where you can't access anything other than a screen to type your essays. They can configure it in a number of ways; they might lock out spell check, they might lock out copying-and-pasting, etc. Then when you click "submit", it encrypts your response and transmits it to the school (or, if for some reason you got knocked offline, you have to submit the encrypted response file by the end of the day via email or something).

I graduated from law school a few years ago. I had one, maybe two classes that were completely closed-book, and even those classes used the exam software. The only classes that didn't use the exam software were ones that had a paper instead of an exam, or that allowed you to take the exam at any point during finals week (like you'd get 8 hours from the time you downloaded the exam to submit your response). The latter ones still had you use a service that anonymized your submission for blind grading.

Even the essay portions of the bar exam were administered using exam software, with the option to hand-write.

For exams that used the locked-down software, and on the bar exam, if your laptop failed during the exam, if you couldn't get it working again (the support staff had to punch in a password to reopen the prompt so you could resume your exam), you would have to finish it as a hand-writer. I had my laptop fail only once during law school, and I was able to restart it and get back into the exam software without a hitch. I very rarely saw people hand-writing. Very rarely.

OP you have nothing to fear. Even if your handwriting is shit. It's not a problem.