Grew up poor

>grew up poor
>decided to dedicate life to energy research as a way to fight back against poverty and the American caste system
>gained an interest in plasma physics and fusion
>went to college for electrical engineering
>close relative died
>became depressed, can't focus
>want to anhero
>grades slipped
>more irrelevant classes were added to the list due to delay in graduation
>fuck this, dropped out
>continued studying alternative energy independently
>have a few good inventions to work on
>no money
>credit is shit
>buried in student debt
>Florida has shit career opportunities and plenty of low wage service jobs
>willing to move anywhere.
>would like to continue studying without amassing more debt

What would you do?

Attached: file-20180102-26163-d9wlms.jpg (1000x845, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DeVdzSjPx0g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>”studying” alternative energy independently
You should seek psychiatric help

I like to remain grounded with practical engineering. Nothing metaphysical or unscientific.

You should kill yourself you brainwashed loser

Get a job to start with, save as much as possible while living frugally, see if local universities are interested in your ideas and will give you lab time.

>decided to dedicate life to energy research as a way to fight back against poverty and the American caste system
What a stupid idea.

>What a stupid idea.

Modern civilization depends on energy. Today, we get it from coal, oil and gas. What if there is a better way by tapping directly into the wheelwork of nature? I believe we can make electricity abundant. With the right amount of power it is also possible to develop propulsion technologies for space applications. There is so much more and I don't blame you for not seeing the bigger picture. Hardly anyone ever does.

Attached: Problem_of_Increasing_Human_Energy_(fig1).jpg (1700x1316, 551K)

>What would you do?
become an air traffic controller

I think that poster is just implying that it's a task that is naive and ambitious enough to be considered impossible. Also, the general vibe of this thread is telling me that you probably bought into a lot of conspiracy about Tesla and "the system". To add, there's thousands of top-tier engineers and scientists out there investing their whole lives into energy solutions. Highly educated and trained great minds who are closely cooperating with other great minds while backed by large investments using sophisticated research technology and you seem to think that you can outperform them even though you're a college dropout who studies "independently" and has issues supporting himself financially

I don't mean to insult you, but it just sounds unrealistic. Leave the world alone, fix your life first.

Why an air traffic controller?

Either get an education or do something else. You aren't going to be doing meaningful research in your garage. Sorry.

The stupid idea is thinking that you'll be the one to unlock some revolutionary scientific advance that not only changes how energy is produced (which is very unlikely) but will redefine the very fabric of society.

It's arguable whether there's any one concrete invention that has ever done that. Even "computers" are the result of numerous evolutionary advances coupled with a few minor revolutionary advances which synergistically combined to change how society interacts.

And even then, things like poverty and the "caste system" (which literally does not exist in the way you seem to imagine) weren't wiped out or even significantly affected by any of the supposed revolutionary changes in history.

invest in pigeons, use electricity and pigeons to create a revolution and destroy the system.

Tesla opened up my eyes to many things concerning matter and energy. Then, there are observations that suggest so much more and opens up other possibilities. Multiple branches keep growing from various models. I only care about empirical evidence.

You are right, it is time to focus more on personal endeavors. Not insulted, just never placed enough energy into financial pursuits. Thanks.

>Tesla opened up my eyes to many things concerning matter and energy.
Oh my fucking god, it's another Tesla-obsessed youngster who wants to come up with some revolutionary invention.

>The stupid idea is thinking that you'll be the one to unlock some revolutionary scientific advance that not only changes how energy is produced (which is very unlikely)

No, not unlock. Rediscover. What if you woke up tomorrow with a big headline that read "The Sun is Electric". That is the direction we are all headed in.

>Rediscover
Considering that all science is discovering (or if it's already been discovered and forgotten, rediscovering), it's really no different. You want to come up with something that'll revolutionize a particular field because you think it'll change the nature of society. The connection between the former and latter is tenuous at best, and if you look deeply at history you'll find that this really doesn't happen, ever. Even the invention of agriculture probably didn't revolutionize the societies where it was discovered, at least not immediately. It was gradual.

>What if you woke up tomorrow with a big headline that read "The Sun is Electric".
I'd not read that headline because it'd be some IFLScience-tier dreck, yet again. My cousin posts shit like that all the time. It's always garbage and always will be garbage. Science is not a discipline of revolution. It is one of gradual discovery and change.

>>willing to move anywhere.
>>would like to continue studying without amassing more debt

Yeah move out of America. Countries like Germany offer free university to both domestic and international students whereas in America you have to wealthy just to afford health care let alone a good education.

"SAFIRE generates the same energy densities as the sun’s photosphere and nuclear bombs …
... in a laboratory on Earth"
youtube.com/watch?v=DeVdzSjPx0g

Attached: 879879ault.jpg (168x94, 9K)

There's only 1 successful option.

Find a business partner. Get a crap job of your choosing and energetically try to work your way up. It'll probably take 5 years at most if you're active enough. Once you're in contact with top-tier boys start making friends. (you no longer have to climb the ladder) Balance quantity of top-tier boyfriends with the quality to ensure the best possible outcome.
(Asking them out for a beer every couple weeks and generally staying in touch. For this you may have to cut ties with most of your friends to make time for your new ones.) After a set date (I recommend a year but your choice) create a scenario in which you can pitch your ideas these top-tier boys individually. Chances are at least one of them will be willing to fund you for a cut of the profits (or multiple but be smart) and profit. Don't forget to revise your ideas to keep up with the ever-changing landscape of alternative energy.

-Face

Attached: lil1.jpg (604x453, 42K)

>Yeah move out of America. Countries like Germany offer free university to both domestic and international students

Looks like the best opportunities are out of the U.S. Is there any truth to the Republican claim of Islamic takeover in Europe?

>Is there any truth to the Republican claim of Islamic takeover in Europe?

lol no

It's not even Republicans who are claiming that it's infotards and frogposters

Amusingly, everyone has a wait and see attitude. No one wants to risk funding Research & Development. They all want a finished product.

Attached: 444.jpg (620x414, 9K)

>And even then, things like poverty and the "caste system" (which literally does not exist in the way you seem to imagine) weren't wiped out or even significantly affected by any of the supposed revolutionary changes in history.

Over one billion people live without electricity. With the right application of electricity it is possible to extract food and water out of thin air. Raising the standard of living and independence is empowering. This affects everyone. Electric power generation is just one of many hurdles. Do you know anything more revolutionary than fusion power?

There exists an unofficial caste system. Economic mobility in the U.S. is tough according to many studies. The student debt is bad enough.

You'd be surprised.

Most higher ups are either smart or charismatic. I'd say 80% smarts 20% charismas so that's a 4/5 chance and smart boys know to jump on a successful wagon early on. If OP's ideas are good enough then someone's bound to be willing to give a small amount for OP's project (of course with a set goal for him.) and if OP makes decent progress then the smart boy will be more and more comfortable with lending money for R&D.

-Face

Like, I don't want to dig at you because you seem vulnerable, but it sounds like your not being honest about your aptitude for your final college credits.. Are you sure you weren't just using the available excuses to justify sabotaging yourself, instead of admitting its not what you thought you wanted to do .. Seems weird that you wouldn't complete your college while it was right in front of you, seems like you decided to land up this way, and you should rethink your initial motivation, because so far you've only used it betrayal yourself and feel self righteous about your poor performances: this not healthy (obviously), I think you need to re-evaluate what got you into this mess, and make some better choices for yourself..

If you like that kind of shit maybe you should get into PR or advertising. Because selling an idea of middling importance for far, far more than it's actually worth is a big part of science these days.

Attached: cb89c93921cbcba9e4d1ebadb00800a64a05f82b_hq.jpg (621x686, 49K)

You have borderline schizophrenia if you actually think like this, bro. It's literally just on the verge of being word salad. The sentences are internally consistent, but the discourse is almost completely disconnected. None of the ideas you bring up flow easily from one to another.

You need psychiatric help.

Is that your final medical online assessment doctor? Yes, my writing needs work. Thanks for pointing that out. Some of my statements can make more sense if I break down the physics model. I just don't think this is the right place or time.

Attached: 817.png (480x275, 32K)

So many insightful and thoughtful comments. Thank you everyone.

Pondering over your statement,..gotta remove these mercury tooth fillings.

Self-sabotage was a huge part of the problem. Fueled by anger and disappointment at the world for not helping prevent his death, and at myself for being useless.

Attached: 2368_640.jpg (595x390, 89K)

>final medical online assessment doctor
You even sound schizophrenic when you're trying to be snippy.
>Some of my statements can make more sense if I break down the physics model.
No it wouldn't, not at all. The problem with the shit you said is that it's bordering on incoherent rambling.

What the hell is venture capital?

Everybody wants to fund successful start ups. That's how you become a billionaire. The problem is convincing people that you've got the chops to found a unicorn.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself OP

Attached: hug.png (746x512, 99K)

Who fucking bumped this shit thread? God fucking dammit it was almost gone.

Im so sorry but I have gotten so pretty intense comedy relief from this whole thread.

I would think that you need to get some sort of finance going and then maybe go back to college. What these people are trying to point out is right, now if your using your mind in your time to studying this why can you focus on uni?

How old are you OP?

psych major here. I think you're a huge asshole for pathologizing OP without seeing him in a clinical setting, or at least, seen audio/video interactions of him. His non-sequiturs are not DSM criteria for dx of schizophrenia. Frankly, if you think his posts are word salad, then you've never studied upon the issue to a significant degree. At the risk of this sounding ironic, I think you're projecting here. Perhaps you or a close person suffers from schizo, and now you're seeing "signs" everywhere, even where they don't actually exist.

What you're saying only applies to engineering.
Like what Musk and Edison did.

Attached: Report 011.jpg (1008x612, 45K)

who wants to bet this is OP?