Age difference

I'm 18 but I'm turning 19 this year. I really like this guy at work, he's 35 but will be 36 this year.
I think he likes me but I'm not sure.
Is the age difference strange? Personally I don't care.
And how do I ask an older man out on a date?

Attached: 1515498826295.gif (297x391, 2M)

Aren't you that chick who shared CP on r9k?

Well, give it a try.
Though do understand that even if you think yourself mature your problems will be of a different tier to him.
Really how you would ask any guy out. Go out for lunch or dinner. See how you click.

Also, you have some growing to do. Your brain is still changing, so you could be a different you in a few years. Which could be a turn off to him.

Also depends on what he wants and what life stage he's in. Do you want to fuck? Are you looking for more? What if he wants kids? Etc etc.

t. 29 yo dating an 18 yo

Just tell him you're interested and ask him. Age difference will be an issue for some things like cultural references and whatnot but if you sincerely like each other it's fine. Age difference only matters to autistic people and haters, don't worry about it and like who you like.

as an older guy. i can't stand how unstable younger girls are.
if its just one of those test the water type of thing. just be honest with him he'll appreciate it.

>OP: "Nope."

If he's interested in someone your age he's a dysfunctional manchild. Girls your age are easy on the eyes but incredibly irritating to grown men who actually have their shit together. Even if you're mature for your age you're still too young for him. Find someone under 25.

Wanna know how I know you're a woman?

Maybe that user is a woman but from my perspective it's kinda true. Sure young girls bring in a lot of fun but they are usually immature so it's annoying too. My current gf is 7 years younger and sometimes I feel like her babysitter and shes not dumb or anything. Just petty and sometimes too dramatic. In words of my buddy: pussy game strong but not a wife material

Not that poster but I’m a guy and agree with this18 year olds look like kids to me, and it would be extremely frustrating to date one. Why would I want a girl who still needs mommy and daddy, has no money, and not much flexibility?

No, but do you want to know how I can tell you're not very bright?

Tell him you love him long time

You'll get a few eyebrows raised, but it's not illegal so do what you want

18 year olds are children
35 year olds are grown adults

The biggest age gap was when I was 25 and the girl was 16 and no I'm not a pedo it was legal.

Obviously my situation raised more eyebrows but the older you get the less people give a shit. You're both adults.

Ask him out on a date like you would anyone else

This is what I'm talking about. It's about what your needs are as of this moment. It's got nothing to do with manchilds, what have you. What you specifically stated, not wanting a girl still tethered to her parents, is fine. But that isn't exclusive to young women. My parents are entering their mid and early 70s, and I won't be leaving them anytime soon because their bodies aren't what they used to be and I love them. If a woman made a snap judgment on me that because I live with my parents, I must not be good relationship material, I wouldn't want anything to do with someone so superficial. Conversely, there are young women who don't have any relationship with their parents, already working and making better money than some 26 year old restaurant hostess going to a fancy university with no direction. It's about your needs, and if everyone involved has their shit together. That is what defines a healthy relationship. Age doesn't matter adter the 18 mark.

>Why would I want a girl who still needs mommy and daddy, has no money, and not much flexibility?

Because their youthful optimism and joy of life hasn't yet been choked out by the passage of time?

Because they actually enjoy sex?

Not to say that dating a 16-18 year old doesn't come with its own set of cons, but there's more pros on average.

Attached: 1517279425415.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

what does the girl's parents have to do with anything though

you don't have to date her dad or fuck her mom, presumably.

The implication being that if you have to tip-toe around her parents due to her being so young, it wouldn't be worth it.

>if you have to tip-toe around her parents due to her being so young

Not an issue if she's 16 or older, or 18 depending on the country/state.

Hey, tell it to those women up there.

Lol.

>she doesn’t have the money to take nice trips with you
>has to get money from her parents
>probably still lives at home
>doesn’t know what the hell to do with her life
>interested in all the same shit young kids like

What pros?

Because she’s likely still very heavily depends on her parents to get through life. She’s not her own independent individual. If I wanted to her to come on a trip with me, she’d have to ask her parents for permission.

That is what I am saying. There are women in their mid-20s who don't like to travel and wouldn't fit your bill of a relationship worthy woman. It's about if your needs are met, and if shit is together. That's it. Anything else, like what you're doing right now, is arguing for the sake of arguing.

Ok well how about this, at age 18, you don’t really know what the hell you’re doing. Even an 18 year old who takes themselves seriously doesn’t know.

I’ve been a serious type person my whole life. More mature than people my age. I thought I knew what I wanted to do at 18. I VERY seriously thought I knew. I’m 27 now and my life, dreams, and passions have changed A LOT. Why would someone my age or older invest time in someone who’s going to experience a lot of change? I am absolutely not the same person that I was at 18. I wasn’t bad at 18, meaning I never did drugs or did crazy shit, but I still have changed a lot as a person.

Not only that, but 18 year old really do seem like children

>>interested in all the same shit young kids like

You're posting on Jow Forums.

>>she doesn’t have the money to take nice trips with you

So pay for her you jew

>>has to get money from her parents

I doubt it, teens these days are always working mcjobs or even under the table shit before they're even legally allowed to start working. the only ones begging for money from daddy are gold diggers in training that you should avoid even when they're in their 20s.

>probably still lives at home

not an issue unless you also live at home lol

>doesn’t know what the hell to do with her life

So what? You're not her dad.

>What pros?

Not being a jaded old bitch who doesn't have a sex drive anymore and doesn't see nothing but negativity in the world.

> If I wanted to her to come on a trip with me, she’d have to ask her parents for permission.

what's with you and the trip meme

>I’ve been a serious type person my whole life. More mature than people my age.

You're posting on Jow Forums.

>invest time in someone

Is that how you see sex and dating and relationships? Like you're training someone on an internship?

>at age 18, you don’t really know what the hell you’re doing
You're not her father. If lack of direction or ambition is unattractive to you, that's fine. But lack of ambition is not a trait exclusive to young people.
>Second paragraph
Change is constant for everyone. If your younger than you partner changes, and your needs are no longer met after a point, you COMMUNICATE. If that fails, break up.

You're trying to make this about age when it's about needs being met. You're 27, I'm 23. We've both seen people our ages who lack ambition, who are full of life, who are depressed, who don't have our senses of humor, all of it. I'm not saying young pussy is best pussy. I'm saying if you're happy, (and not breaking any laws), not cheating on nobody, then who gives a fuck about age? It's none of my business unless it's my daughter or son, in which case all I'd say is
>Invite 'em to dinner at our house.

>So pay for her you jew

A relationship is 50/50, retard. i’m not going to completely fund a girl for everything we do. That’s how people get used.

>I doubt it, teens these days are always working mcjobs or even under the table shit before they're even legally allowed to start working. the only ones begging for money from daddy are gold diggers in training that you should avoid even when they're in their 20s.

Just because you have a basic job doesn’t mean you HAVE money. That shit all goes towards basic shit. That doesn’t mean you can go out and afford nice dinners.

>You're posting on Jow Forums

And? Do you not understand how there are many boards here with good information?

>Is that how you see sex and dating and relationships? Like you're training someone on an internship?

Would you knowingly go into a relationship that you’re going to get hurt or used?

>Invite 'em to dinner at our house.

There is no way you can say if you had an 18 year old daughter that you’d be ok with her dating a 35 year old.

The fact she’s that young and lives at home means her parents CAN control her life. A father has the right to tell his kids what to do for as long as she lives under his roof. Once she moves than he can’t do shit, but as long as she’s at home, he has the right to dictate what she does.

found the manchild

Attached: ALERT.gif (320x240, 367K)

>nice dinners.
>i’m not going to completely fund a girl

>nice trips

It sounds to me like you value material wealth and perceived social status more than you do other human beings.

>And? Do you not understand how there are many boards here with good information?

and there's also a million websites on the rest of the internet and books and DVDs with the same if not better information that doesn't share the same webspace as shitting dick nipples

If you're here on Jow Forums, I don't care how old you are, a 17 year old girl is still emotionally more mature than you.

>The fact she’s that young and lives at home means her parents CAN control her life. A father has the right to tell his kids what to do for as long as she lives under his roof. Once she moves than he can’t do shit, but as long as she’s at home, he has the right to dictate what she does.

Legally, no.

>that you’d be ok with her dating a 35 year old.
I didn't say that. Wanna know how I know you're not thinking about kids? Because if I ask my hypothetical 18 year old daughter to bring her 35 year old boyfriend home for dinner, and she refuses: 1. We have to sit down and talk about her relationship with him, and why she's somehow ashamed to bring him home. This discussion ends in her breaking up with him, or he comes to dinner where I size him up. 2. She accepts, he comes to dinner, I get to size him up.
>The fact she’s that young and lives at home means her parents CAN control her life. A father has the right to tell his kids what to do for as long as she lives under his roof. Once she moves than he can’t do shit, but as long as she’s at home, he has the right to dictate what she does.
It's about if your needs are met, and if shit is together. That's it. Anything else, like what you're doing right now, is arguing for the sake of arguing.

>It sounds to me like you value material wealth and perceived social status more than you do other human beings.

No, but it’s about being able to go do nice things together. Bond together doing nice things. Obviously you’ve never done this, but it’s very rewarding and enjoyable. It’s amazing to travel somewhere with someone you care about and make new exciting memories together. Or just decide to go out and get an expensive dinner together.

>If you're here on Jow Forums, I don't care how old you are, a 17 year old girl is still emotionally more mature than you.

Troll harder.

>Legally, no

So.. you’re saying that if daddy says she can’t date that 35 year old guy she has a crush on, he doesn’t have the right to pull her allowance or kick her out of his house? If she can’t afford to support herself, she will bend to his wishes.

As long as she’s living under his roof, the parents definitely can control her life.

You’re not looking at this realistically. There is no way you’d give an approval for a 35 year old to date your daughter. Even if he’s a really nice guy. It won’t happen. It’s easy for you to say this now at 23. but imagine someone not much younger than you dating your daughter. You wouldn’t allow it. Nothing good will come from it.

A 35 dating an 18 year old would only want 1 thing anyways.

>pull her allowance

I'm sorry I though we were talking about 18 year olds and not 10 year olds

>nice things nice things nice things expensive dinners

now are you sure that you're not being a bit materialistic here

>Troll harder.

not trolling at all. what exactly do you think this site and why would an emotionally mature person be coming here?

>If she can’t afford to support herself, she will bend to his wishes.

more realistically, she will bend herself over to the 35 year old dude to spite her parents lol good job raising your kids retard

>I'm sorry I though we were talking about 18 year olds and not 10 year olds

Implying most parents don’t give their kids money to help pay for university and bills.

>now are you sure that you're not being a bit materialistic here

It’s ignorant for you to see this as materialistic. Materialistic would be “she has to have a nice car”. But being able to afford doing nice things TOGETHER is not.

>why would an emotionally mature person be coming here?

Because it’s a fun image board. Just like any other Internet forum. Going on /o/ is not much different from going on some car forum

and where will she live, how will she afford her bills? Retard

at the 35 year old dude's place, obviously lol that kind of shit happens all the time

>Implying most parents don’t give their kids money to help pay for university and bills.

Never in my life has I ever heard of a "university allowance" like some kid is getting 20$ a week to pay for 300$ textbooks. You're just moving the goalposts again.

>being able to afford doing nice things TOGETHER

Not everything nice in life has to be expensive.

>Going on /o/ is not much different from going on some car forum

So why not go on a normal car forum? Have you ever told your family or co-workers that you post on Jow Forums? see what they think of it.

Yes, and the ones who do that are retarded manchildren who end up getting used. It’s beta as fuck.

A relationship is 50/50. Completely supporting a girl is not equal

>Never in my life has I ever heard of a "university allowance" like some kid is getting 20$ a week to pay for 300$ textbooks. You're just moving the goalposts again.

I don’t know where you live. But everyone I know received monthly allowance for food and bills from parents. One friend received $700/m

>Not everything nice in life has to be expensive

You don’t think a 35 year old who is established in a career and making money will want to do nice things? If you have the money to do things, you really think you wouldn’t want to do it??
>Have you ever told your family or co-workers that you post on Jow Forums? see what they think of it.

Yeah I have actually. Why do they care that I read internet threads about working out, investments, transportation infrastructure, and traveling?

>A relationship is 50/50

It never is. it's 60/40 at best and always goes back and forth.

>Completely supporting a girl is not equal

so what? if someone wants to financially support their partner, then that's their right.

>Yeah I have actually.

No you haven't, if you have then you weren't honest about the website and they don't know anything about it

>Did you know that I post on Jow Forums?
>What is Jow Forums?
>A completely normal and mature forum that discusses investments and transportation infrastructure that is totally normal.

>It never is. it's 60/40 at best and always goes back and forth.

Then you’ve clearly never had a fair relationship.

>so what? if someone wants to financially support their partner, then that's their right.

It is their right, but it’s how they get used. Do you know what happens to these people? They take care of this girl and buy her all kinds of shit. One day she’ll meet a new guy and leave. Next thing you know, you realized you spent $40,000 on a girl for nothing.

>No you haven't, if you have then you weren't honest about the website and they don't know anything about it

All of my friends know what Jow Forums is. Nice job trying to act like you know my life. You sound very immature.

Why do I care if people know I go on Jow Forums? I don’t go on /b/ or Jow Forums. They can think what they want. Why do I care? I don’t

>>A completely normal and mature forum that discusses investments and transportation infrastructure that is totally normal.

implying these boards don’t exist

lol no you always have someone who's gonna be posting about cucks and pepe the frog and other shit that you would never find on actual normal websites for mature adults. That's what Jow Forums is.

>Then you’ve clearly never had a fair relationship.

I don't think you've ever had a relationship at all if you think that it's going to be perfectly 50/50 balanced at all times.

>buy her all kinds of shit

There's a difference between supporting someone and buying them "all kinds of shit"

>you spent $40,000 on a girl

Well that's very specific. Maybe that's what happens when all you care about is expensive dinners and "nice things".

>All of my friends know what Jow Forums is.

Stop lying.

> You sound very immature.

Of course I do I post on Jow Forums you idiot lol

>lol no you always have someone who's gonna be posting about cucks and pepe the frog and other shit that you would never find on actual normal websites for mature adults. That's what Jow Forums is.

That shit is fucking everywhere now. Are you serious?

>I don't think you've ever had a relationship at all if you think that it's going to be perfectly 50/50

My last relationship was 50/50. We shared everything, and we had a wonderful and exciting relationship.

>There's a difference between supporting someone and buying them "all kinds of shit"

Supporting someone (food, housing, everything else) isn’t cheap.

>Well that's very specific. Maybe that's what happens when all you care about is expensive dinners and "nice things".

Lol fucking retard. supporting someone for 1 year could easily cost $20,000 even on minimalist standards.

>stop lying

Stop being an immature fuck who’s going to get used one day

>Be 25
> fall for the work hard and study 4 future meme
> wagecuck

>Cant date 18 to 20 bcuz creepy lmao XDDD

> 23 to 27 are intolerable looking for a rebound mid carousel

> 27+ are bitter and jaded looking for a provider before they hit the wall as thier looks fade quickly.

Wizardhood looks unironically tempting.

Attached: 1523789830522.jpg (814x960, 122K)

I'm in my mid 30s and even though I may find an 18 year old cute I wouldn't ever date her.
You can tell him how you feel if you want but don't be surprised if he just admits that he's too old or you're too young. In a few years you'll what a mistake it would've been if you did try to initiate a relationship.

>Current year
I'd be careful, that age difference and the face you're in the same workplace, he might mistake you trying to get some with you trying to setup a case of sexual harassment.

This.

Im about to be 24, and have been depressed and reclusive all my teenage years, spending 95% of my time holed up in my room hiding from people. I've found my footing now, got a career etc... but I'm still very caught up over missing out on life.

Younger (legal) girls just have the brightness and innocence that I long for. I get annoyed by people of all ages anyways. I'll only get older and it'll just get weirder for me to date teens - I might as well get it off my life checklist now.

what's the story here?

That's a very eloquent way of saying you're socially inept due to your choice of lifestyle, so are aiming for other socially immature people to make things easier.

Im 34, and the girls that i work with that are under 24 seem like children to me.

Please seek help.

Genre: Informal
Female = 203
Male = 77
Difference = -126; 27.5%
Verdict: FEMALE