How do I stop being a hopeless romantic? I feel like it's gotten to a level where it's unhealthy for me

How do I stop being a hopeless romantic? I feel like it's gotten to a level where it's unhealthy for me...

Attached: blushing.png (452x431, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Co1Iptd4p4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm in the same boat

Waiting

You don't, just find someone who's also a hopeless romantic

are you a gril?

user, how could you forget? Everyone is a man on the internet. But yes, I am.

I assumed you were a girl because this case is never true with men. However, if I were to give you a suggestion it'd probably be...
Don't try so hard
I mean

Men will fall into your lap regardless because you have a vag.
Just be confident
all that stuff

Stop focusing on being a hopeless romantic and start working to be a strong independent black woman who dont need no man.

You're right, but sometimes it gets lonely. I feel like I just end up fantasizing about stuff because it feels better than reality.

Dreams feel better than reality

Do you meet people on a regular basis (for example work, school etc.)?
If you feel like you're having trouble, sometimes it may be because you need to be a little more *assertive* than perhaps your counterpart. It's not necessarily expected, but going the extra distance is always worth it, regardless the gamble.

Maybe you don't have to. Amazing relationships are rare but it doesn't mean they're not out there.
I went through three consecutive abusive relationships, all of which beat me down existentially and one of which almost killed me.
I figured people were just fundamentally flawed and selfish and nothing between two people would ever really work out in the end.

And now here I am years later, with an extremely brilliant, attentive and attractive partner that laughs at all my shitty racist jokes, plays classical guitar, has a sexy accent, encourages me to take care of myself and is into all the same gay weeb shit that I am.
It's so fucking unreal that I often think that I actually died from my anorexia a long time ago and this is just my brain doing dopamine and DMT cartwheels while maggots eat my body.

so idk. don't lose hope.

Attached: why.jpg (694x521, 40K)

Confidence/being assertive is something I know I need to work on. My social skills got fucked because I developed severe agoraphobia for a few years and I'm still trying to work myself out of it.

Well, I'm a guy, but what helped for me was realizing that women aren't capable of love. Now I'm a real street nigga...

Realize romance was just some retarded fad started during the 18th century by a bunch of shitty writers who became relevant because they died young and that at its core romanticism is basically praising acting like a retard in the name of feelings instead of rationally.

>agoraphobia
i probably can't help you with that, but it'd probably help if you had at least some ego to back your character

Ok, I'll try my best.

What have you done this last week to improve yourself?

Not much desu. This week just seems to have been garbage. Maybe you have some ideas on self-improvement? Is there anything that has helped you?

What do you mean by hopeless romantic? Falling for the wrong people repeatedly?

Yeah, I guess you could say that. Always seems to be unrequited. But I'm mostly talking about having a lot of fantasies about being in love/being loved. :'-(

Many things have helped me, but your path will be different. You seem bright, and open minded, ill list the tools that have helped me The most.

Read: The Artist’s Way by julia cameron, its geared towards anyone thats feeling a bit lost and needing to focus their creative energy. If nothing else get that book.

Read: the life changing magic of tidying up marie kondo.
I wish so much i would have read this when i was 19. This book completely changed my life.

Watch: youtu.be/0Co1Iptd4p4
Find a way to watch the whole thing. It will change how you see things.

Become inspired, become passionate, this is your one life, dont let it slip by.

You meet the right people when you’re out doing the things that you love.

Attached: E23C6E18-0A84-447C-82FC-146AE9A6059E.jpg (1308x2073, 710K)

Thank you so much. I'll be sure to check all these out. You'd make a great motivational speaker btw.

That’s sweet of you to say so, I hope you have a good night.

Attached: C23D1396-FCAE-4C63-BBAD-529F308EFFB8.jpg (1536x2048, 427K)

How old are you? Have you ever been in a relationship?

90% of the posts on this board are just "how do I get girls" in some form or another. How haven't we figured it out yet?

Laziness and inexperience.

Not me, dude. I just want to stop focusing on love so much.

Turns out social interaction is default and how good you are at it is mostly predetermined because of your personality traits.

We both have too high of expectations.