Are there enjoyable, non-competitive activities to do with normies? I was into vidya at some point...

Are there enjoyable, non-competitive activities to do with normies? I was into vidya at some point, but now I can't stand it anymore.
I mean, I love "friendly banter" (which is the result of any competitive activity), but it goes like some of our parents say, "you never know how hard you are punching your friend".
An activity where its less likely to result in cockfights is what i am looking for, bonus points if it can be done on the spot, something that makes social interactions enjoyable rather than a fucking drag.

Attached: shield.jpg (470x470, 97K)

Hiking and camping isn't bad.
You can still find some idiot that always tries to get to the lake first, but usually you just all do mild physical exertion together while you have good conversations.

>An activity where its less likely to result in cockfights is what i am looking for, bonus points if it can be done on the spot, something that makes social interactions enjoyable rather than a fucking drag.
Uh. Pretty much anything normies do is good for social interaction and unlikely to result in fighting. Pretty much the sole exception being discussing politics.

Basketball is fun
>dont want competition
Just find one person to practice and try things out against until youre comfortable doing 1v1 or games like 21 against a few other people

>Pretty much anything normies do is good for social interaction
Normies mostly drink and create drama, bring "banter" but can't take it back, the only reference i have is that they love those who create *something* (think someone playing acoustic guitar).

>while you have good conversations.
requires enjoyable stories - is there any way to make up for it? curious bits about peoples survival in ancient civilizations could be a start, i would appreciate advice on this.

>Just find one person to practice and try things out against until youre comfortable doing 1v1 or games like 21 against a few other people
fun, until you start getting better than the other person, i have tried that path user, people's ego are fragile and im tired of going against the tide.
thanks though.

Attached: Pantheon-Rome-interior-3.jpg (870x870, 354K)

>Normies mostly drink and create drama, bring "banter" but can't take it back, the only reference i have is that they love those who create *something* (think someone playing acoustic guitar).
You have no idea what you're talking about dude. Just stop. Your definition of "normie" has no basis in reality. You're just another one of those "why don't people like me" crossboarders from Jow Forums. You have to go back.

>fun, until you start getting better than the other person, i have tried that path user, people's ego are fragile and im tired of going against the tide.
>thanks though.
Youre just meeting the wrong people.

I think this is one of those threads where OP just makes up excuses for all of our advice so he can still feel like a victim of sorts.

It’s also possible that he is completely incapable of judging social cues. I have never heard the ‘you never know how hard the punch is’ thing he said ‘some parents’ say.

It should be very easy to know where the line is. And if he can’t tell, and isn’t willing to work on it, at least he is trying to find something that doesn’t exist.

Yep. We should start keeping track of just how many of those threads there are.

My favorite one is the guy with DUIs who wants to move out of state. Havent seen him im awhile though

>completely incapable of judging social cues.
I think we should stop saying this though. It gives people like OP the false impression that he's somehow special because he's damaged.

Fact of the matter is it's inexperience due to isolation, very likely caused by low self esteem. OP's problem is he's got his head so far up his ass that he doesn't realize how easy making and keeping friends actually is.

>I think this is one of those threads where OP just makes up excuses for all of our advice so he can still feel like a victim of sorts.
God, threads like these get me so fucking angry. It feels good to bully OPs like that though. It kinda makes up for the bad feeling left by the other threads that don't really go anywhere even though the OP is honestly looking for help.

He was here the other day. See and I think he must've just gotten off a ban.

>Your definition of "normie" has no basis in reality.
You have hinted that I should take normies themselves as reference (my own definition, since you didn't give one, and it is not officially defined either, resulting in this situation we are seeing right now), and I did. Feel free to post your own definition, I can work with that.

>Youre just meeting the wrong people.
Then the world is wrong, user, meaning I should stop being nice here.
Not a very good conclusion, I tell you.

>I have never heard the
Hence why I said "some", not all.

Attached: pyramids n shit.jpg (1600x1200, 267K)

You can fuck off, OP, this isn't your thread anymore. This is our thread to make fun of assholes like you who waste Jow Forums's time with bullshit.

holy shit the ego on this guy

Attached: 1392348400879.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

Yeah, people react that way when I engage in their "friendly banter". I am being honest in trying to break away from this, though.

Attached: hanging-gardens.jpg (760x570, 115K)

>, i have tried that path user, people's ego are fragile
The irony in this post could fill a swimming pool

Yeah, you're not though. You're being an asshole and arguing with people who told you exactly what you need to do.
>You just need to make friends.
>No I don't! I tried and it didn't work!
>You didn't try hard enough.
>Yes I did!
You're literally not listening to what we're telling you. There is no magic bullet for what is wrong with you.

This. I think OP is the one with an ego and can't take the L

Most people are okay with competition as long as is not excessive.

>You just need to make friends.
But that is the goal, the thing is, I have never had success with doing so through vidya. The friends I had formed through vidya were by playing the games they enjoyed, never the ones I enjoyed, and it always went like this:
>play vidya new friend enjoys
>gets beaten to death because im new
>weeks goes through
>i get consistently better than them
>they stop playing
>friendship sort of dies
>friend starts playing new game
>they call me to play this new game
>i get better than them
>they stop playing
Both in real life and online, of course I am going to refuse to go through that path again. The conclusion I get from this is that people's ego are fragile, and I am tired of this kind of friendship, nevermind the retarded gaming community dramas that sparked, where matches reduces in number out of pride. Basketball is a fucking game just like vidya, and the competition element is there, in fact. I have hinted that in the OP, and now people are starting to get heated and surprised when I say "no, I am not going that way", and now I am being called out for not getting "social cues" (whatever that means) apparently.

People's egos are fragile, and you have proved my point.

>I have never had success with doing so through vidya.
Those aren't friends. Those are people online. You need to meet normal people in normal online activities and do normal things with them.

More than anything you need to learn to be normal.

>Those are people online.
To which you missed
>Both in real life and online,
You know user, some people still play video games in real life, in 2018. LAN parties can be sparked at any time, they just happen to attract shitty friends, just like drugs.

Attached: Srirangam_Ranganatha_Temple.jpg (3264x1952, 1.66M)

I know this might be a long shot for social shut-ins, but practicing standard dance worked quite well for me. It's non-competitive (except of you aim really high), it's a physical activity, which imo is a plus, men are always in short supply, and in youth/young adult courses people form a community quite easily. When getting too old you'll be grouped with regular adults up to the elderly which makes social interactions less easy, but still possible. It's also too uncool with the most insufferable normies since it's kinda old-fashioned, but there are still more people attending than you'd probably think.

OP, you are an argumentative ass. You are going to get nothing out of this thread. You should stop wasting your time, let alone Jow Forums's time, when you're not gonna take the actual input that you've been offered.

>when you're not gonna take the actual input that you've been offered.
I actually liked , though.
Polite sage.

I like rock climbing.

I was a complete introvert. Only child, raised in the middle of nowhere, 0 friends in highschool. But even I can make friends with normies rock climbing. Everyone needs a partner to do top rope but can boulder solo, so just get into bouldering at the indoor gym until you meet someone else who needs a partner for toprope. It's competitive in that you will both be striving together to do bigger and harder obstacles, like if you see your buddy do a really difficilut one and improve, you will want to improve as well, but it's not competitive in the sense that someone wins and someone loses. If you're buddy completes a really hard challenge you should be really happy about that.

Nice, this is intensive enough where silences won't be awkward, thank you.

Attached: marduk.jpg (600x431, 67K)